Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have you utilized the club system from Get Together?

2...Next

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2017
    Not for what it was intended for. I made a gardening club. You need to collect all your harvestables first and then call the club to start or they will take your harvestables and I'm not sure if you get them or not. They do all my gardening for free. I love it. :)
    everyone paints at my Sims house & my Sim collects the money

I also like to use clubs to have family gatherings with extended families.

It really keeps the family bonds close & I love that in my legacy families.

Bob Pancakes is in my club, and dude is like super ripped now!

Wow! :o Awesome ideas. I'm going to try the painting one and the family one I will keep in mind. Thanks for sharing. :)

the non married sims in the town(s) and I have a single male Sim that will woohoo with them so they can have kids. Weird, but the generations continue and the sims that I don't usually play still get to have kids.

Neat. I'll keep this in mind also. :)

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have utilized the club system in different ways. One way is for money! I tend to think that being creative & having a club like Pixel Perfect...where everyone paints at my Sims house & my Sim collects the money...isn't cheating. My Sim doesn't even have a job, as she's racking in the cash on all their masterpieces!

I also like to use clubs to have family gatherings with extended families. It really keeps the family bonds close & I love that in my legacy families.

& then I also make clubs based on what's going on in my game. For example, my Sim got really fat after having 7 kids. She decided to get serious about her health. I made a fitness club, called 'Bringing Sexy Back' & I picked anyone who was overweight to be in the club. & it's a club to get into shape. Bob Pancakes is in my club, and dude is like super ripped now!

You should therefore change his name to Bob Beefcakes!
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Made a rebel alliance and the imperial army that hate each other and are only permitted mean and fighting interactions with each other. (Also club outfits matching their respective sides) and set their hangout to the same place. >:):D

I also have another save with a bunch of different knighthoods and guilds, that are suppose to basically rule my towns, doesn't actually happen though that is mostly story telling on my part.

My romance club that has only elite seducers either top charisma or the trait that makes it so their is no jealousy for romantic interactions. They romance it up with everyone causing a fair bit of chaos for my married couples that go to clubs.

Otherwise I mostly use it to keep extended families that say don't fit in my household together. Easy to start a family reunion when everyone is in the same club.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    as I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I'm currently using the club system, to simulate an active programmer career.

I downloaded an office building, and then I set up groups of office workers.

First the regular office workers, then support staff, and finally the group my sim is a part of, aka interns.

Basically the first group has group activities like programming, browsing the web, writing, make friendly interactions, and drinking coffee.
    The second group has repairing computers, and cleaning among their activities, and the third group has a mix of the first two.

Now my sim can have a weekend job, where he can go program apps, do freelance work and so on, while interacting with other sims, and once he grows into a YA, get that as a regular job, with friends and coworkers. Might even have him meet his future partner, aka soulmate, there.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    as I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I'm currently using the club system, to simulate an active programmer career.

First the regular office workers, then support staff, and finally the group my sim is a part of, aka interns.

Basically the first group has group activities like programming, browsing the web, writing, make friendly interactions, and drinking coffee.
    The second group has repairing computers, and cleaning among their activities, and the third group has a mix of the first two.

Now my sim can have a weekend job, where he can go program apps, do freelance work and so on, while interacting with other sims, and once he grows into a YA, get that as a regular job, with friends and coworkers. Might even have him meet his future partner, aka soulmate, there.

I love this idea.
    I might be setting up a few businesses of my own with this model. :)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I love doing this kind of thing. I have made schools of all kinds, live-in constant LAN parties, cult compounds. The club system is great for doing organisations. In a school, for example, you can have a club of 2 sims acting as caretakers to do cleaning and repairing. You can do so many things with it.

I love the club system :heart:

If anyone is willing to use mods to help, then these can really up the game when doing organisations:

More clubs per sim
    http://modthesims.info/d/571322

More club members
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/161169670640/the-sims-4-small-mods (4th one down in the list)

Increase household size in MCCC
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I really enjoy the club system. I have a lot of different clubs. For example, I use it as a way for co-workers to socialize. I have a detective club where they all meet at a cafe, eat pastries and drink coffee. Doctors who have a fitness club and meet at the gym to workout. One of my favourites are 2 clubs that I have for children, one of the activities is shooting hoops. I have a default blue athletic outfit for 1 team and a green one for the other team, both clubs have the same gym. So even when I'm playing only one club the other automatically joins on the lot and it makes it look like the 2 clubs are practicing for a game.

I really like making a default venue and then travel to the lot with a different club, so after my detectives munch on pastries, I have them travel to the gym where the Doctors workout so everyone gets to meet and hang out.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

I love doing this kind of thing. I have made schools of all kinds, live-in constant LAN parties, cult compounds. The club system is great for doing organisations. In a school, for example, you can have a club of 2 sims acting as caretakers to do cleaning and repairing. You can do so many things with it.

If anyone is willing to use mods to help, then these can really up the game when doing organisations:

More clubs per sim

More club members
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/161169670640/the-sims-4-small-mods (4th one down in the list)

Are there any mods to ensure that clubs are actually regularly at a location? If not, I might add another club, to increase chances of other sims being at work :-)

One other thing that I've noticed that helps, is to use the coffee bar as a lot setting, since every office building runs on coffee anyway, and it's easy to fulfill the requirements for it, without it taking over the entire building :-)
    edited July 2017

More clubs per sim

More club members

Are there any mods to ensure that clubs are actually regularly at a location? If not, I might add another club, to increase chances of other sims being at work :-)

One other thing that I've noticed that helps, is to use the coffee bar as a lot setting, since every office building runs on coffee anyway, and it's easy to fulfill the requirements for it, without it taking over the entire building :-)

I haven't found anything that directly does that, but I do use the more sims on a lot function in MCCC. There is a limit of 20 sims per lot, so if you add in three clubs with 8 members each then you run out of room and not all club members turn up. MCCC allows you to increase the limit. In general, if I keep the number of clubs sims just under the allowed limit, then it is pretty reliable when they turn up. The game also takes into account if a sim is at school or work.

I use all sorts of lot types, depending on what I am doing. I often use residential lots for full maximum control where it makes sense for the sims to live on a lot such as a boarding school. I generally try and see if I can utilise a residential lot as it means I always have one or two controlled sims that I can use to initiate the gathering. As as an aside, Parenthood makes playing schools really good fun.

I am definitely going to steal your office idea :innocent: This is an interesting challenge as live-in workers don't make much sense. I would like to use the generic or National/Center park lot types, but you can't gather clubs on those --- grrr. Your choice of using a cafe makes loads of sense. Am guessing you use a club door to keep the riff-raff from messing up your organisation?

As for lot requirements, I just dump the stuff I don't need in a sealed basement room.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I converted The Good Timers into a vampire club, The Blood Timers.Half the club are vampires, the other half prey.
    Then I fixed up The Shrieking Llama. I put a bedroom and closet downstairs, and then made a stone lined sub-basement where my vampires can feast on whomever without anyone else in the bar getting a negative moodlet.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
    I converted The Good Timers into a vampire club, The Blood Timers.Half the club are vampires, the other half prey.
    Then I fixed up The Shrieking Llama. I put a bedroom and closet downstairs, and then made a stone lined sub-basement where my vampires can feast on whomever without anyone else in the bar getting a negative moodlet.

Made me chuckle this. When I read it, I thought of this scene from American Werewolf in London. Name of the pub was The Slaughtered Lamb

an-american-werewolf-in-london-4.jpg
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Made me chuckle this. When I read it, I thought of this scene from American Werewolf in London. Name of the pub was The Slaughtered Lamb

an-american-werewolf-in-london-4.jpg

The late, great English comedian Rik Mayall is in this picture.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    That's awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if "The Shrieking Llama" is a play on "The Slaughtered Lamb." It's fun to see the obscure references (Triad's Rise Stalls in Sims Medieval) that they throw in.
    Also, "American Werewolf in London" is a stone classic.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2017
    Gosh I love the club system. I'm a rotational player, and it makes it so much easer to manage my neighborhoods. I use it, 1) like @davina1221, to turn my gardens into farms and have club members get each other's gardens in order, and to create painting clubs that generate fortunes for each family 2) in my recreation of peasant life, to create male and female peasant tasks 3) to speed up my families' acquisition of skills. Improving the skill building speeds for the children first and then the adults. 4) Ok, I admit, I created a woohoo club. 5) The Rebels: my 17th century recreation has two groups that steal and break stuff belonging to the royal family. A member of my club of Servants and a member of the Nobility each lead separate rebellious clubs. 6) Of course the Royals, the blacksmiths/crafters guild, and knights/fight club members all have their place, too. 7) I even have a group of nuns. 8) Vampire clubs that do only vampire things. 9) The Blues Queens are exactly what you would think, a group of fabulously dressed ladies of varying ages with at least 2 skill points in singing, piano, and guitar skills.

The other really helpful feature is that the club leader can change the rules of the club at any time. As a rotational player, all my households have at least one member who heads up a club, so if the Study Group wants to relax and dance for a change, they can do that and still build up club points to increase skills related to club goals. Or whatever goals the current household wants to work on.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    ) Ok, I admit, I created a woohoo club.

Just wondering if you have a club like that if you have to build relationships like normal or since it is a club if it bypasses the leveling up. :)

• professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    If they have a negative enough relationship they won't woohoo, but they don't have to have to be very far into the green.
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    I used the club system to create the cult/hippie commune. I have a big household of hippy folks, including cult/commune leader who is obviously also a club leader. So most of the household sims are in the club, plus some NPCs and I set the default outfits to be boho style. They usually gather at the household's big house which is also a headquarter and their activities are for example doing yoga, meditating, hanging out around the bonfire.
    I think one can make a very uniqe use of the club system and it can come in handy in so many ways. This thread is a proof of that and some of you guys seriously astound me with your creativity! ;)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The club system is awesome. I use it for family, kids, criminals, gardeners, soon for my aliens, workout buddies, best friends, those that love to read, and etc...
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    I've discovered a way to up my artist freelancer's money by having an 'Painting class' club. She is on level 10 and can mentor, so I get some students who are interested in art in my studio (like Salim from City Living). And mentor them, when they're done painting I'll just put it in my art gallery and sell their art (this way I don't feel like I'm stealing, it's like their payment from giving them classes!)
    This was the best use of a club I've ever done.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    The other cool thing about the Club system is it's ability to sort and filter Sims.

You can pretend to set up a Club to filter a ton of information:
    Sims in certain careers
    Married Sims
    Unmarried Sims
    Life stages
    Poor, middle class, rich Sims - based on how much money they have

Just use the Requirements/Admission Rules

You can have multiple filters active, so you can filter an unmarried Sim, who is Active and works in a particular career, etc, etc

Up to 5 Master filters running - baring in mind you can have more than one sub-filter running under a Master Filter.

However, your Sim has to meet some of the Filter requirements - which is a kick in the teeth.
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    I love using the clubs as a way for my sims to meet new people quickly. My favourite would have to be the Bluebells, a super popular teenage girl club, where my sim, the leader, resorted to turning all the club members into teenage vampires. Now they go around town together discussing plasma flavours and drinking from sims, which is really creepy, but kind of cool in its way! :D
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Rukola_Schaaf

I mostly gather my group in the countryside area of Windenburg. There's some really lovely secluded spots with the large bonfire, and some "mystical" areas where I've left meditation stools and the small fire from OR.

One of my favourite ones, is this area. See them up there on the hill? You send them to the Chateau first, then gather them together at the bonfire.
    gTtWm1O.png
    One night, when they were doing their thing, Mimi came up to grill BBQ for them.
    N2s6vGe.png
    4xw7kWx.png

Because Belisama is a Goddess of Lakes as well as Fire, I like sending them to this little house in Windenburg. They take their fire, do some fishing as well.
    vfqsbHe.png

There's this little area with 3 rocks where I've left stools and OR little fire. I just load that house, then use the "go here together" option, and they carry out their to do activities, and chat around the fire.
    7uUGVDc.jpg

They have different outfits for each category - but always bare feet and in white
    t1pmaS8.png
    ALN4EF4.png
    ZMMz7wG.png

No need to dedicate an actual if you have the portable items from OR, but the little lot behind the Ancient Ruins is a great place to gather a cult.
    I've put the little OR retreat fire there, and they take their portable meditation stools and place them around the area. That place looks awesome at night.
    R73k1PD.png

Hope you'll be making and having fun with your own cult too Rukola_Schaaf. :)

just marking this to remember to make some more unique clubs next time i play :smile:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA