Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Ideas for the pack name?

Comments

• KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Of all of the serious suggestions in this thread I prefer Laundry (Room) Stuff, Washroom Stuff and Laundry Day.

I too never heard of a mudroom before. Thank you for the explanation @Writin_Reg. I my country washers and dryers are generally found in the bathroom or in the kitchen. We don't have a special room for it. Some bigger homes have an extra room that is called 'de bijkeuken', which literally translates as the additional kitchen, which is a room next to the kitchen. There one might also find washers and dryers, but it may also serve as a storage space for cleaning supplies or food. This seems to resemble a laundry room most closely. When I look at the examples of a mudroom, I think that resembles what we call 'het halletje', which just means small hallway, which is located right after the front door, just before one enters the house. It is where one will find a coat rack or hallstand. It is where outer wear like coats, gloves, hats etc. are kept.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Since this pack has nothing to do with eco anymore, we might as well just call it 'Home Starter Kit' SP. Take a closer look on those furnitures these objects were more like stuffs that are reuse or remake some kind of cheapo stuffs anyway. Hopefully they are cheap enough to purchase in buy mode; I reckon it's good when you want to start a new gameplay with a single sim where funds are restricted.

The Sims Game
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2017
    It's laundry... how about "Laundry Pack" actually that's way too lame. They should call it "Rural SP". Honestly it's really freaking me out to focus so much on a laundry concept to the point to even naming it that.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • AbnormAbnorm Posts: 1 New Member
    House Builder Stuff
    Architecture stuff

We need stairs in a shape, several windows and doors that match each other. Garage doors, fireplaces, sliding doors.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2017
    Living Rough Stuff :D

Simple Life stuff

J.A.M Stuff (Just about managing stuff) Current UK term!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Home Chores Stuff
    Eco Home Stuff
    a256aFi.gif
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Boring Chores Stuff
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Soapy Stuff
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Packy McPackFace (Not kidding!! Totally serious. :love: )
    Stuffy McStuffFace (Nah, wait, sounds like it's food stuff.)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    StuffPack McStuffFace
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Nothing to do with Eco Laundry Stuff
    You never really had a choice Laundry Stuff
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2017
    Stuff Laundry stuff? Sorry. I do like Laundry but didn't want it this way.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Nice to see there's still some 'salty' people replying to this. :D Makes me giggle reading all these name ideas.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    JanieLyn wrote: »
    How about screened porch stuff pack! All that stuff is stuff that I've seen on people's screened in porches. It'd be in the mud room tho, if they had a mud room. Right?!?

I've also suggested Sunroom Stuff, which is pretty much what you're describing, baha. Not the same, but it makes just as much sense for this pack. Mudroom is more for shoes and possible laundry in the house, while sunroom is kinda like a living space, with screen windows and stuff normally that is like half-outside, half inside.

Sunroom stuff does sound better. They call those Arizona rooms down here in Arizona. Same thing we have sun 360 days of the year here. LOL
  • babyishcarebabyishcare Posts: 10 New Member
    The gameplay feature might be prominent enough to identify the whole pack around it like Bowling Night Stuff clearly being centered around the bowling lane object, I guess it depends a bit on the gameplay object, but not entirely.I was going to suggest Rustic Living SP or Homestead SP but other people did it before me lmao Anything using the term eco should be avoided I think. The objects in the pack even without actual laundry in it just make it look like living in the great depression.
  • cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    It should just really be called "Eco Living" because wasn't that what it was originally called?
    forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I like Eco Living also, because that is what we've been calling it all along anyways.

Laundry Day would be my other choice.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    shakerella wrote: »
    I like Eco Living also, because that is what we've been calling it all along anyways.

Laundry Day would be my other choice.

I like Laundry day as well.

I will also suggest Lint and Suds Stuff
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    But Eco Living isn't accurate - people will expect actual eco living things, and then they'll get stuck with laundry. Terrible, misleading name. If it was eco living stuff we'd have actual eco friendly stuff in the pack.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    But Eco Living isn't accurate - people will expect actual eco living things, and then they'll get stuck with laundry. Terrible, misleading name. If it was eco living stuff we'd have actual eco friendly stuff in the pack.
    Exactly Eco Living as the title would be false advertisement.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    How about if we didn't focus on the Laundry or the Eco and instead named it for the opportunity we had to select features?
    We could call it Player's Choice, or Home Made, or, for all the people who won't stop complaining, The Brat Pack.
    Or Laundry Day. That's a good one too.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I don't think they're going to call it anything eco or green for this pack. It wouldn't make sense.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I don't think they're going to call it anything eco or green for this pack. It wouldn't make sense.

Exactly. So agree with these statements.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JulezRules1JulezRules1 Posts: 2 New Member
    For a new expansion pack, how about we update vacation spots for the sims characters? There's not much to do in Granite Falls. So, how about letting our sims vacation in places like Rome, Paris, or Greece even? Throw a theme park in the mix, so that the family can have a day of fun; especially if they have young kids. Add a stroller to the mix, so that an adult sims isn't always carrying the toddler around.

Also how about adding more career options to the pack? Careers such as, a Lawyer, School teacher, a News Anchor, and with the Athlete career, why not expand on other sports instead of baseball? Make it so that your sim can be a professional hockey player, or basketball player. The Entertainment career, add Movie or Television Star to the mix. Don't just leave it as musician or comedian. For the Hospital, why not make it so that there's more than one doctor on staff? That way there won't be a large number of sims leaving, because they weren't seen by a doctor right away. Give the option to assign the nursing staff to also treat the patients.

As for the food, I notice last night that there was a farm fresh vegetable option; in the ordering seeds link. But the problem is it the same fruits and veggies that the game already has. Why not add to it? vegetables like, Corn, broccoli, and cauliflower. Better yet, why not add a farm addition to the pack? this way the sims can go to farmers markets, craft fairs, and you can even have your sims experience life on a farm. In the Retail and restaurant district, make it so that we can add more eateries, bakeries, and shops for sims of all ages.

It would be nice for the younger sims to have pets, but small ones, like a fish, a mouse, a hamster, turtle, a bird, a cat, or a dog. Also lets expand the choices, for the wealthy sim characters. You gave us the option to have a live in butler. But why not a live in chef, nanny, or maid?

As for the sims characters themselves, give us more hairstyle and clothing options.
  • ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    cutieje wrote: »
    It should just really be called "Eco Living" because wasn't that what it was originally called?

No, eco living was the theme, name of the pack isn't picked yet, vote is in September. :) The pack deviated from the theme a bit and it's kinda a plain name so it's ok to think of other names outside of 'eco'.

As for name ideas, I love the player choice type ones!

My ideas: this pack is a hard one I think. Maybe, Boho Bliss xD? Home and County? Rustic Charm?

I still like others ideas better, Esp like Players Pick or alluding to the collaboration with players. =]