Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foundry Cove needs renaming to Bargain Bend - it is completely devastating to my gameplay

plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
My home patch and turf is Bargain Bend in Willow Creek - my Sims love it!
xWCN1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.p_3jauSdlA.jpg
image.jpg
^ This place - where the BFF household is.

Disclaimer:
I have tried Apartments, when they first arrived - which is fair enough.

Who else cannot get enough of Bargain Bend in Willow Creek?

I want to know who my homies are. Who else is representing Bargain Bend?

Homie Disclaimer:
an acquaintance from one's town or neighbourhood, or a member of one's peer group or gang

EDIT:
WAIT A MINUTE!

The internet is screaming that this place is not called Bargain Bend - APPARENTLY it is called Foundry Cove?

Apparently Bargain Bend is the empty lot.
Post edited by plopppo2 on

Comments

• Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    *raises hand*
    Ooh ooh! Me! I do I do!

My Legacy family live in Daisy Hovel the one on the corner beside the BFF. I made it 2 stories, and added a big garden in back.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    *raises hand*
    Ooh ooh! Me! I do I do!

My Legacy family live in Daisy Hovel the one on the corner beside the BFF. I made it 2 stories, and added a big garden in back.
    Yes - I always use either Daisy Hovel or stick a new house on the empty lot.

SO ANOTHER QUESTION HERE IS ALSO - WHO DOES NOT USE DAISY HOVEL OR THE EMPTY LOT?
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I almost always moved my Sims into the house next to the empty lot.

Also, I always* put a bar in the empty lot, so they have something to do.

*NOTE: Only ONCE did I not put a bar in. Instead, I used the lot to rebuild my "9th Street Apartments" I had made in Sims3.

front1_zpsbxmbp2mt.png
    FRONT
    back1_zpsrtqygqcw.png
    BACK
    layout01_zpsoh63isje.png
    LAYOUT
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Me!
    Foundry Cove's my hood too ;) My main house sits in the Bargain Bend lot as well.
    BpWiiPf.png
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    That is a beautiful house @Cement, looks very high class for a bargain bend house. Have you changed all of the other houses too?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Here's my Bargain Bend

06-11-16_8-48-42nbspPM_zps6w9nasxv.png
    06-11-16_7-39-17nbspPM_zpswtdb8hcv.png
    06-11-16_8-52-22nbspPM_zpsjeg2cx3d.png
  • Options
    Bargain Bend will soon be as famous as Grove Street - unless it has already dwarfed Grove Street into obscurity.

Bargain_bend.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    Very nice @fullspiral ! Looks like a totally different place. Is that your retail sector?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    WAIT A MINUTE!

The internet is screaming that this place is not called Bargain Bend - APPARENTLY it is called Foundry Cove?

• Options
    joleaco wrote: »
    Very nice @fullspiral ! Looks like a totally different place. Is that your retail sector?

Thanks. It has one of my sims'art galleries, and there's also a roadhouse restaurant on the corner. The church is converted to residential and my female impersonator sim lives there. The others are just built up to fit in with the look.
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    WAIT A MINUTE!

Is your internet being aggressive Plopppo?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    @joleaco The house was home for 5 generations and built on book publishing abuse and paintings :joy: My current heir lives in the city though. And yes, the houses around it are changed as well. I would have pictures but I'm not at the computer at the moment :)

@fullspiral I love what you did there!
  • Options
    WAIT A MINUTE!

I have just found out that the road is called Foundry Cove, not Bargain Bend.

I feel like a St Bernard that has just realised that their dachshund parents are not their real parents.

It completely devastates my game-play.

That road has got to be changed to Bargain Bend - it is imperative.

Foundry Cove? Who in their right mind called my beloved 'Bargain Bend' 'Foundry Cove'?
  • Options
    WAIT A MINUTE!

I have just found out that the road is called Foundry Cove, not Bargain Bend.

I feel like a St Bernard that has just realised that their dachshund parents are not their real parents.

It completely devastates my game-play.

That road has got to be changed to Bargain Bend - it is imperative.

Foundry Cove? Who in their right mind called my beloved 'Bargain Bend' 'Foundry Cove'?

Totally lol'd !
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I rebuilt all the empty house on this street, and built something on bargain bend. It's incredibly annoying how the narrow side of the lot is the front. It makes the house I built look bad in the gallery thumbnail.
  • Options
    This game really can kick you in the teeth at any second of any day.
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    @joleaco The house was home for 5 generations and built on book publishing abuse and paintings :joy: My current heir lives in the city though. And yes, the houses around it are changed as well. I would have pictures but I'm not at the computer at the moment :)

@fullspiral I love what you did there!

Thanks @Cement. I could never build anything as beautiful and detailed as your house, but I am okay with simple like my neighbourhood.
  • Options

It's gorgeous.

@plopppo2 Myself, I am uninspiring when it comes to this neighbourhood. The houses are basically the same as they were on launch day except for a few minor modifications. I put a house on bargain bend, but it looked too modern so shifted it to Newcrest. The next house I put there was too fancy, so shifted it to Newcrest. Finally have a small cottage on the lot that fits better, so it's staying! Sorry no pics, I'm on an iPad. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am never going to live this down ever.

I bet GTA players are roaring with laughter - I bet their sides are splitting.

We can't represent "Foundry Cove" - we cannot represent something called "Foundry Cove".

"Foundry Cove" is as hard-hitting as a knitting club.

I was going to suggest we have custom "Bargain Bend" tattoos in the game - just like GTA has "Grove Street" ones.

We could have had "Bargain Bend" clothing for our Sims.

My dream has died like a chocolate frog intent on breaking the 100m world sprint record in a furnace.

I even put in a game-play suggestion for Bargain Bend:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919478/ts4s-lifeless-roads-are-good-for-something-we-are-onto-a-winner-with-these

I had a dream.

Bargain Bend is the empty lot, not the actual street.
  • Options
    Dear @plopppo2, it's your game, if you want to call it Bargain Bend, Bargain Bend it is.

Don't listen to any GTA players laughing, if they do, just put them in that swamp across the road from Bargain Bend.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    This is my Bargain Bend:

dzQS3SH.png
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    @plopppo2 Where does it say the name of the street is Foundry Cove? Ive never seen it named anywhere, in game. Curious
  • Options
    @plopppo2 Where does it say the name of the street is Foundry Cove? Ive never seen it named anywhere, in game. Curious
    I had like 3+ thousand emails telling me:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Foundry_Cove
  • Options
    Thank you, @joleaco!

@fullspiral I think the way you utilized the cul-de-sac in Foundry Cove is wonderful since it looks really legit, like it was meant to be there from the start. It's a wonderful idea for a cute retail district, even though you mentioned some are just there for looks. It's very appealing to look at regardless. :)

@SparklePlumley @plopppo2 I also only found the neighborhood names on the wiki as well. I'm only aware of them since I looked them up for my story. They're very nice, I hope they'll update the game with their names there someday. I think the only ones that didn't have actual "names" was Newcrest for a while until that wiki was updated later to show their hood names. It doesn't designate which ones are what though.
  • Options
    I had like 3+ thousand emails telling me:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Foundry_Cove
    @SparklePlumley @plopppo2 I also only found the neighborhood names on the wiki as well. I'm only aware of them since I looked them up for my story. They're very nice, I hope they'll update the game with their names there someday. I think the only ones that didn't have actual "names" was Newcrest for a while until that wiki was updated later to show their hood names. It doesn't designate which ones are what though.

Yes but where did the wiki get the name? Did it come from EA, in game, or did they make it up? @plopppo2 It's not named Foundry Cove in game, so as far as I'm concerned it has no official name (till someone proves otherwise, from EA, a guru, or from the game) so you can call it Bargain Bend, if that's what you like.