Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin says installed, yet expansions not appearing in Sim Launcher!

Sims 3.

Seasons and Fast Lane Stuff pack are fine. Meaning they show in launcher. Hmm...

I already tried the reinstall, and repairs... @igazor maybe?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Without more information to go on, I would have to ask where the EPs in question were purchased from and if this is another example of a TOS Hold being placed on an account where pack codes were obtained from an unauthorized re-seller (for which EA was never paid).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    There doesnt seem to be an issue with the rest, according to Origin itself. Seasons simply was removed, but the "Buy" option was available and Seasons happened to be on sale, bought it via Origin. I would've done the same with the rest if there was such an option, however there was only "Download" buttons...
    I'm afraid that doesn't answer my question. Were any of your EPs purchased from an unauthorized re-seller regardless of whether they were downloaded through Origin or not? For example, were the codes purchased from an eBay re-seller or from another source?

If there is a TOS Hold on your account, then Origin in not equipped to explain what is going on. The hold would have been placed by EA on their end. That can only be found out by having a realtime conversation with EA Customer Support -- by chat, phone callback, whatever they offer depending on your location and time of day. If it's not a TOS Hold but merely an issue with your account, then only EA can reset it so that it can accept the missing packs and let you play them again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited June 2017
    Some had been (most honestly, though it has been over almost a year - Ebay), seeing if I can get something done. Seasons is showing up fine in launcher now.
    This is how a chargeback scam works, though. Someone long ago bought thousands of install codes from EA with the intention of selling them to players and other re-sellers. But the original transaction turns out to be bogus or a chargeback is issued against EA, so they never got paid for any of these codes and are now deactivating them as they were essentially stolen.

You can't fix this with software, re-purchases, or Origin functions. Only EA staff can recognize and lift such a hold from their end. Origin is just doing what EA has programmed it to do, again from their end.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Hmm, well I know better now. Currently in a chat, hoping to clear it so I can re-buy the expansions...
    Stepdad and me confirmed with Ebay and PayPal there's no chargeback on our side. Now it's just a waiting game.
    edited June 2017
    The chargeback, if there was one, would involve EA and the entity who originally purchased the codes from EA in bulk and then reversed the transaction. It would have nothing to do with you or even whoever it was who re-sold it to you.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Just hoping I can be able to continue my pets' challenges soon enough. I guess I can do a human challenge or a couple until then.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Where did you look for the expansions in Origin? Was it the "Extra Content" section that comes up when you click on the game?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    Where did you look for the expansions in Origin? Was it the "Extra Content" section that comes up when you click on the game?
    The problem many (not all) players who have purchased TS3 and its EP/SPs from unauthorized re-sellers is facing is that, subject to confirmation by a real-time conversation with Customer Service and an investigation, Terms of Service (TOS) Holds are being placed on their accounts. In these instances, it doesn't matter what Origin says or where it says it. The codes to allow the game and these packs to run have been revoked and the player cannot reinstate them, even by purchasing new codes, until EA lifts such an account hold.

Origin is just not equipped to properly display or explain what is going on, again in these instances. It's just doing what it has been programmed to do by EA on their end.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Took a couple chats, but finally getting somewhere. So I may be out some $, but as I had re-bought Seasons expansion (as that was possible) I can certainly play it just fine.
  • Pondwater63Pondwater63 Posts: 1 New Member
    How are where is a product code [for sims 3 started pack bought at walmart never open Set up EA account then origin accout. But still won't install because of codes I have entry all that came with it Keeps say not the right code
    How are where is a product code [for sims 3 started pack bought at walmart never open Set up EA account then origin accout. But still won't install because of codes I have entry all that came with it Keeps say not the right code
    You would have to contact EA Customer Support in a realtime conversation for assistance with entering a code from an authorized re-seller like Walmart that the game doesn't seem to be accepting. You are either entering the code in the wrong place or, equally as likely, if you can provide some proof of ownership then EA can issue some new codes for you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    I've had issues with my expansion packs not showing up in the launcher even though they were already installed. I just close out of the launcher and open it up again and they usually are there. Sometimes I have to click them all again so they show up in-game but that always works for me.
    Sometimes it happens after I download and install custom content or have a game update.
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
    Saltysea21 wrote: »
    I've had issues with my expansion packs not showing up in the launcher even though they were already installed. I just close out of the launcher and open it up again and they usually are there. Sometimes I have to click them all again so they show up in-game but that always works for me.
    Sometimes it happens after I download and install custom content or have a game update.
    Please re-read my entries above. The issue and symptoms that hundreds of TS3 players for whom EA has issued TOS Holds on their Origin accounts and who have purchased their packs from unauthorized re-sellers are not the same as the occasional glitch with EPs not appearing in the Launcher tab that can be cleared by restarting a couple of times. There is nothing these players can do on their own to lift these Holds, only EA can do that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!