Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Including Laundry as a potential SP concept for us to vote for was a mistake

123457...Next

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    The best man won, now do an Elsa and let it go.

They're not hurting anyone. You get to be happy, let other people be disappointed and share their thoughts. I don't really see how telling someone to let it go is in anyway helping them let it go. Its not like Laundry will be ripped away from you, so you gotta chill now, my man.

I just mean people saying it's a conspiracy and all that.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member

They're not hurting anyone. You get to be happy, let other people be disappointed and share their thoughts. I don't really see how telling someone to let it go is in anyway helping them let it go. Its not like Laundry will be ripped away from you, so you gotta chill now, my man.

People are claiming marketing techniques, but the people who believe EA could never do such a thing are calling them conspiracies. But in this case, the player really didn't mention any of that.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

We are currently disscussing why things were done a certain way. I personally am not trying to do anything more than speculate on potential reasons for stuff to come before the concept vote. I can't speak for anyone else maybe they are trying to start a conspiracy theory but to assume we are doing anything more than commenting and shareing ieas on the process here is a little harsh.

For the record a marketing technique is not neccassarly bad either ea is a company they want to make money it is very possable marketing had a role in this and I personnally don't hold it against them if they do, its expected and really isn't evil or anything. Its just a company doing its best to sell a product :)

Besides as pointed out before we aren't harming anyone and its better we post here than rain on the parades of the people who are perfectly happy and don't care. So let us have our grumpy parade and don't try to force the sun out, people will move on when they are ready.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

We are currently disscussing why things were done a certain way. I personally am not trying to do anything more than speculate on potential reasons for stuff to come before the concept vote. I can't speak for anyone else maybe they are trying to start a conspiracy theory but to assume we are doing anything more than commenting and shareing ieas on the process here is a little harsh.

For the record a marketing technique is not neccassarly bad either ea is a company they want to make money it is very possable marketing had a role in this and I personnally don't hold it against them if they do, its expected and really isn't evil or anything. Its just a company doing its best to sell a product :)

Besides as pointed out before we aren't harming anyone and its better we post here than rain on the parades of the people who are perfectly happy and don't care. So let us have our grumpy parade and don't try to force the sun out, people will move on when they are ready.

Exactly. I mention marketing techniques and suddenly I'm the bad guy. What people don't understand is that EA did at least do something to encourage people's involvement and enthusiasm by stating that the other options in the survey for gameplay features were not planned to be added in the future. Of course, Its clear laundry would've come eventually based on player perseverance, but some people took the statement very seriously and voted on laundry purely because they wanted it and were unsure if it would be added later if it lost. That definitely counts for something. That doesn't mean they're evil, it just means they're a company that cares about money and understood they could peak their playerbase's interest by offering laundry and acting as if this is their only chance to get it.

I kind of think they knew laundry would win anyways, so they just decided to create concept art for laundry decor before Laundry was even set in stone. Offering up laundry decor for vote probably also raised anticipation for the gameplay feature vote, and it probably made people excited enough to ensure they would buy the pack once laundry won and the pack came out. That's just my speculation, though.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

Exactly. I mention marketing techniques and suddenly I'm the bad guy. What people don't understand is that EA did at least do something to encourage people's involvement and enthusiasm by stating that the other options in the survey for gameplay features were not planned to be added in the future. Of course, Its clear laundry would've come eventually based on player perseverance, but some people took the statement very seriously and voted on laundry purely because they wanted it and were unsure if it would be added later if it lost. That definitely counts for something. That doesn't mean they're evil, it just means they're a company that cares about money and understood they could peak their playerbase's interest by offering laundry and acting as if this is their only chance to get it.

I kind of think they knew laundry would win anyways, so they just decided to create concept art for laundry decor before Laundry was even set in stone. Offering up laundry decor for vote probably also raised anticipation for the gameplay feature vote, and it probably made people excited enough to ensure they would buy the pack once laundry won and the pack came out. That's just my speculation, though.

That could make sense also, by adding things that fit the laundry theme in the stuff votes they helped to boost excitement. Speculation is cool that is all any of us can do here :) Just like my theory on putting it first to retain interest longer is also just speculation.

This is why I'm still here personally I'm finding this conversation interesting, I really don't care that laundry won I was settled on that a long time ago, but oh well I guess if I want to talk here I have to join the "grr evil laundry" train :D
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I agree with OP.

If there are ever other polls, it should just be new ideas, not things that were made for the previous games. For example, I know how lovely Expansion Packs, like, for instance, Pets and Seasons are, but for goodness sakes, those are not the only things that could be added to the game.

If there was a Poll for an expansion packs with Seasons, and lets say, I dont know, two other ideas that were never in the games but were just as cool and Seasons won, I would probably be pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    do you guys really think theres no chance for the other ideas I love danger in the sims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I hope so. And hopefully if they do another community vote pack it'll be run a heck of a lot better than this one was run - they should have had us vote on the new object from the start and then build a theme/stuff around it. If laundry had won the initial vote, then we probably wouldn't have wasted all the really cool clothes/objects that I won't be able to get now because it's with stupid laundry. I know they're trying to mimic how things are done in the game, but the way they ran this as a stuff vote was absolutely horrible and needed to be redone, especially because of how awful laundry is compared to pretty much any other feature proposed.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.