Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superfood plant ideas

What would you want it to be? Ginseng that relieves colds if made into soup? Acai berries for better workouts?
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    It would prob be like kale or something, I think.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Avocados came to mind first when I saw the "superfood" stuff.
    6riwm5.png
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Chia seeds, flax seeds, Quinoa, Cauliflower, beans, Sunflower seeds.
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I think there's possibility it would be some fictional "Sims-themed" fruit. I'd be fine with that. If not, maybe it could be grapefruit or crannberries? I guess especially the latter one goes well with different kind of dishes.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I like the idea of kale. It's so versatile. People put that stuff into anything. :confounded:

Since it is the sims though, a fictional superfood plant would be great too. I'll be happy either way
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wonderberries sound like a made up sims plant but they're an actual superfood, and really good in real life!!

Or Honey as a harvestable plant that looks like a tree or stump your sims can grow and tend like they would with other harvestable plants, but with a bee swarm animation around it, moodlets when your sims get stung, and it could build the gardening skill!
    Post edited by isaiahzay on
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2017
    sweet potato
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Broccoli <3
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2017
    For a gameplay feature that would make me super glad I bought this stuff pack (if this theme wins), I would like something super special that I can't do with any other type of plant, and gives me a reason to grow it and harvest it. And I'd like it harder to come by too. So it makes me put a bit of extra effort into my playing.

eg. instead of being able to purchase the seed via the computer, or clicking on the planters, it might be fun to come by it randomly, such as:
    • harvesting other plants (remember the egg hunt?),
    • sims could catch it while fishing,
    • scavenging for parts,
    • rummaging in trash cans,
    • looking for frogs in ponds, wells and tree stumps etc.
    • collecting fossils, crystals and metals

Then, after it's planted, it should be slow to develop and grow it's fruit. Maybe 3 sim days. And it shouldn't produce a bumper crop - keep it rare and special. And the fruit should have some kind of special effects like sparkles, glowing colours - something that shouts "Hey! I'm SUPER!"

Then, when the sims harvest it, they can eat it like normal fruit, use it in some new recipes,

THEN, if they make it into jam with the new electric countertop canning machine, when the sims eat the jam, it would have some kind of SUPER duper power, like filling all the sims needs!

If we sell the SUPER jam in retail stores it should be SUPER expensive for the sims to purchase.

Something like this would get me excited about a new crop being added.
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    Or maybe it might be beehives? The beekeeping was an option during the brainstorm, maybe they called it "Superffod plant" beacause they're not sure yet (or or suprise factor?). I'm not a big fan of beekeeping in TS3, but I have to admit that it fits pretty well the theme.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2017
    I like all the suggestions, but when I read it I thought of Life Fruit in TS3. I used to love making 'Life Fruit nectar'. :)
    Or maybe it might be beehives? The beekeeping was an option during the brainstorm, maybe they called it "Superffod plant" beacause they're not sure yet (or or suprise factor?). I'm not a big fan of beekeeping in TS3, but I have to admit that it fits pretty well the theme.

I'd love the beehives back and honey would be lovely for nectar making. I'd definitely consider honey a superfood!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I like all the suggestions, but when I read it I thought of Life Fruit in TS3. I used to love making 'Life Fruit nectar'. :)

I'd love the beehives back and honey would be lovely for nectar making. I'd definitely consider honey a superfood!

I love the idea of bringing back life fruit!

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I would love all of the options mentioned. Especially an avocado tree, that'd be awesome. Especially if the avocados are worth as much as they are in real life
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I would love all of the options mentioned. Especially an avocado tree, that'd be awesome. Especially if the avocados are worth as much as they are in real life

Finally, millennials can afford their avocado toast. They just need to create a co-op garden full of trees.

• DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Grafting cowberry, growfruit, and forbidden fruit to make life fruit
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Maybe Chia seed or Quinoa.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!