Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm still waiting for a Competitor to beat or improve TS4

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
What about you guys?
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    For me personally, they'll probably need a bit of a background or at least have proper funding from a recognized corporation such as Ubisoft or Bethesda (or Colossal Order... :grimace: Still waiting on that life sim competitor!)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm not exactly waiting for it (couldn't care less) but I do think it would be quite beneficial for the players if the sims had some healthy competition.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    Im not gonna lie i would love to see more sim like games.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Yes, but I also just want Maxis to step up their own game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BurrningEmberrBurrningEmberr Posts: 9 New Member
    For the next sims game i would like Maxis to go back to the open world style game like sims 3
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yes, but I also just want Maxis to step up their own game.

I want that too but honestly for that to happen there should be fire placed at their butt (such as a formidable competitor life simulation game perchance)

This isn't necessarily to scare Maxis straight specifically, but the executives running EA because those guys are the real shot-callers here.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd love that. I mean, I'm still enjoying Sims 4 right now, but it's far from ideal. They either need to step it up for Sims 5, or face a challenger that brings a lot to the table.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Healthy competition is always a good thing for the consumer. So sure, it would be a good thing, but honestly, it's just not something I care too much about right now. If it happens, cool. If not, oh well.
  • EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    Do you think anyone could make a better version of the sims? I think it will be hard i know the sims has its flaws and glitches in some places but it's pretty amazing.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Do you think anyone could make a better version of the sims? I think it will be hard i know the sims has its flaws and glitches in some places but it's pretty amazing.

Sure. EA doesn't have a monopoly on talent, after all. But whether anyone else will get the formula and put it all together to make a game that's better than the sum of its parts, who's to say?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?