Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Life Events

While Parenthood is an awesome pack, there's still a need for Generational content.

A pack like this could have:
  • Proms -- sometime while your Sim is a teen, there'd be an option for prom. Your Sim would get invited similar to the current invites that came with one of the other packs, and if accepted your Sim spins into their formal wear and goes to the prom location, like one of the night clubs.
  • Some sort of special event for when Teens age to YA -- maybe a Graduation Party or some sort.
  • More wedding gear and other improvements to weddings, automatic paid 3 days off for "honeymoon" or just settling in as a couple.
  • Midlife crises and other aspects to set apart Adults from Young Adults.
  • Retirement party when Sims become Elders and retire from their careers
  • Part-time jobs for elders
  • Optional walking canes.
  • Better death system: Sims aware when relatives and close friends die, ability to hold a funeral party or wake, some sort of inheritance system where Sims would get a portion of the value of the estate or maybe a prized item to pass through the generations, players could designate who would inherit (so you could have a "black sheep" member of the family who gets nothing) and who would receive the urn with the deceased's ashes).
  • Return of cemeteries: a Mausoleum building where the urn can be placed, or it can be placed outside and turn into a gravestone, for those who don't want to have the ghosts show up on their home lot. Ability to write epitaph on headstone like with the headstones from Vampire GP ("Here lies Don Lothario -- 'What do you mean your husband's home?'" :D ) Perhaps ability to click on gravestone to select stone style (2 or 3 varieties)

Any other ideas?
Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Comments

• Options
    AlienSimmerAlienSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    I never played Sims 3 but I have read up on their Generation expansion and was hoping that would be something that was copied over to Sims 4.
  • Options
    Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    This sounds great, I really enjoy all of these ideas. When a sim dies, the sims that are there to see it or live in the household will cry and get the moodlet, but any other sim that the dead one knew won't know or care. Therefore I think it makes a lot of sense to have a funeral or wake of sorts, so everyone in the dead sim's social circle knows and you can see they care etc.

A little bit off topic, but still kind of relevant: university. I know it's probably coming, it has for the other Sims games, but I really want this to happen. I remember back in The Sims 2 there were these cutscenes of your sims that would happen when something important was happening (giving birth/first kiss/wedding etc) and there was a cutscene for when the young adult moves to university and away from their parents. The parents are crying and are worried and stuff. I would love if they at very least could have a "goodbye party" or hugs and moodlets to signalize that the family knows the sim is moving away/growing up..
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    All good ideas! I do hope cemeteries and proms make a comeback.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    OP - love all those ideas. Good choices there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    [*] Return of cemeteries: a Mausoleum building where the urn can be placed, or it can be placed outside and turn into a gravestone, for those who don't want to have the ghosts show up on their home lot. Ability to write epitaph on headstone like with the headstones from Vampire GP ("Here lies Don Lothario -- 'What do you mean your husband's home?'" :D ) Perhaps ability to click on gravestone to select stone style (2 or 3 varieties)

What do you mean by there? I'm sorry, I don't understand that part. Could you explain more about that, please?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    [*] Return of cemeteries: a Mausoleum building where the urn can be placed, or it can be placed outside and turn into a gravestone, for those who don't want to have the ghosts show up on their home lot. Ability to write epitaph on headstone like with the headstones from Vampire GP ("Here lies Don Lothario -- 'What do you mean your husband's home?'" :D ) Perhaps ability to click on gravestone to select stone style (2 or 3 varieties)

What do you mean by there? I'm sorry, I don't understand that part. Could you explain more about that, please?

Hi @egonVM -- With the decorative headstones from the Vampire Pack you can write epitaphs (I think you can on the regular ones as well but not sure). You click on the headstone and select "Engrave Epitaph..." and a pop up box appears where you can fill in the name and a short saying for the epitaph. I used a humorous one for my example, but you could do something like "Bob Pancakes, beloved husband of Eliza. May your pancakes in the Afterlife be forever fluffy" or "Bella Goth, dearly departed wife of Mortimer, mother of Cassandra and Alexander. Missing from our lives but forever in our hearts." Then when you've got another Sim active you click on the headstone and "read" the inscription.
  • Options

Hi @egonVM -- With the decorative headstones from the Vampire Pack you can write epitaphs (I think you can on the regular ones as well but not sure). You click on the headstone and select "Engrave Epitaph..." and a pop up box appears where you can fill in the name and a short saying for the epitaph. I used a humorous one for my example, but you could do something like "Bob Pancakes, beloved husband of Eliza. May your pancakes in the Afterlife be forever fluffy" or "Bella Goth, dearly departed wife of Mortimer, mother of Cassandra and Alexander. Missing from our lives but forever in our hearts." Then when you've got another Sim active you click on the headstone and "read" the inscription.

Thank you for explaining.
    Yes, you can write epitaph on regular gravestones, but the epitaph would be shown when you hover the cursor over it.
    I have built a graveyard that I have filled with decorative gravestones from Vampires (There are 3 of them, but 2 of them require this pack). When someone dies, I'll just replace the decorative one with real one.

Anyway, I like this idea. I would like to add Baby Showers there so parents can invite their friends and relatives over to see the baby.
  • Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    Making life events a whole another pack would be a little bit frustrating in my opinion. Adding them into the game with updates sounds much better somehow
  • Options
    I'd like to see optinal canes are back. And yes sims must be aware of the death of their relatives even if they are living apart if this is a life simulation game. And gravestone options may depend on their success in the aspirations. Back in the sims 2 if you could complete an aspiration in your sims' life the gravestone would be cooler. We can have the same in the sims 4 too like their success in aspirations must affect what kind of gravestone a sim will have when they are resting eternally. And the amount of a sim's successful aspirations may affect the gravestone
  • Options
    And yeah I do think too that we need a difference between YA sims and adult sims in the game. Maybe a menopause stage for women after a certain day?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Furkean wrote: »
    And yeah I do think too that we need a difference between YA sims and adult sims in the game. Maybe a menopause stage for women after a certain day?

I've suggested in other threads that there should be more "fails" for adults when Trying For Baby because older women (those in their 40s and up) do sometimes have issues with conceiving. It could get players to consider how long they they have to get their family started. A menopause stage during the age stage would be good as well. I use the MC Command mod, and often I'll have a Sim get pregnant, have their baby, and shortly thereafter age up to Elder. Happened to Nancy Landgraab; she and Geoffrey are now raising a toddler; I shoud go play them enough to add Malcolm and his wife Liberty (nee Lee) as caregivers in case Geoffrey and Nancy bite the dust.
  • Options
    AliisavasAliisavas Posts: 29 Member
    The game definitely needs these! The most I wish for funerals/cemeteries and prom. Also elders definitely need more things to do!
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I like your ideas, generations was one of my favourite packs, I miss having prom and graduation
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    With you folks on this. It would help with the missing connectedness in the current version. Sims2 did these things a lot better - animations, special interactions, memories, and notifications. When someone died, all their friends and relatives found out about it, and a lot of them got a share of the insurance-the % depending on closeness of relationship.
  • Options
    With you folks on this. It would help with the missing connectedness in the current version. Sims2 did these things a lot better - animations, special interactions, memories, and notifications. When someone died, all their friends and relatives found out about it, and a lot of them got a share of the insurance-the % depending on closeness of relationship.

The inheritance part only happens when sim dies by old age (not by any death).
    Inheritance is something many want back. Elder sims should be able to leave their money to friends and family so they can use it for noble reasons (or to buy a new video game set).
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I love these ideas and I think they'd fit really nicely into a game pack that revolves around major life events. Prom, more wedding stuff, and funerals would be enough for me if they also added things like canes, cemeteries, CAS for elders, and midlife crises. Prom dresses and tuxedos (the type with bright color vests and bow ties or cummerbunds) would also need to be added, as well as prom decor and funeral attire.
  • Options

Inheritance is something many want back. Elder sims should be able to leave their money to friends and family so they can use it for noble reasons (or to buy a new video game set).

I'd like to see inheritance for any sort of death -- it gives possibly some new gameplay ideas for our more deviant players (befriending Sims then killing them for the inheritance money). >:) I do remember when my Sim's boss died they were on such good terms that my Sim got the boss's sports car. B) (That may have been part of NRaas Story Progression.)
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Love this
  • Options
    Want inheritance so bad now :(
  • Options
    CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    I agree 10000% We should totally have proms, a better death system and cemeteries. EA should definitely consider this
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please