Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for future Stuff Packs

CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
Especially the last two, Fitness and Bowling didn't interest me at all and the fitness one especially felt very disconnected. Not even one deco object that ties into the fitness theme? That felt uninspired. I don't know who chose to do this stuff pack, but please pick one you are a little bit more passionate about.

Those are the potential themes I would like to see:

Seedy Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Burglar NPC, alarmsystems, barrel with fire in it - warm hands animation
Build/Buy: Run-down furniture, re-purposed city stuff (old tires as a table etc.), more dirt and messes to place on floors/walls
CAS: Clothing with tears and dirt, casual slacky stuff like loose ties, crumbled shirts, long t-shirts, as accessoires scars and bandages

Comment: To me stuff packs should enhance niche themes. So, if someone wants to play down on their luck sims, or an enhanced Rags to Riches, they can.

Japanese Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Koi Pond, Sliding Doors, traditional asian music station
Build/Buy: Obviously japanese themed furniture and build items, paper doors and windows, a new roof type and shingles, but the architecture should be more modern, so it could be usable not only in an asian themed playstyles. Just google 'modern japanese furniture' and you get an idea what I mean. Minimalistic, lots of wood, cubic, elegant and thin.
CAS: Japanese fashion can be very different and very experimental and playful.

Comment: I long for some elegant furniture and I think, a pack as this could provide it as well as give some options for builders.

Early Ages Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Baby/Toddler Swing, Baby Mobile - baby trying to grab it animation, Baby Shower Party, Stroller perhaps?
Build/Buy: Loads more Bassinet variants, other kids-friendly furniture
CAS: Of course, a bunch of hairstyles and clothing for toddlers, and for kids as well, and maybe the option to change the onesie the baby has on into different colors/patterns. This would be a pack with more CAS items than build/buy.

Comment: This would try and fill some shortcomings the Parenthood Gamepack has when it comes to babies and toddlers.

House Party Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Beerpong table, Charades game interaction, bottle rockets for fireworks, more Party Types like Teenage Houseparty, Game Night etc.
Build/Buy: More variants of the existing games (chess, llama), party decorations like garlands, balloons, colorful lamps for the outside and tables, more bar types and bar stools
CAS: Clothes fit for a party

Comment: I like the party challenges, but I think, there are too few of them and I would like to see different party types, and more stuff people can do at parties. Some more challenging, difficult parties would also be great.

Retirement Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Retirement Party Type, an old car to repair and fix up (turn it from a heap of rust into a shiny new looking car - oldtimer), a knitting skill that allows knitting scarves, sweaters, socks etc., looking through photo family album interaction
Build/Buy: Comfy, traditional furniture, sofa with cushions, new flowers and bushes, some kitschy decorations, side tables with doilies (or other fabric) on it, bathroom tiles with small pictures on it etc., and some real sized cars (I get they are just deco objects, but that's still better than resizing the kids playcars) and motorcycles
CAS: Loads of clothing fitting for Elder sims, car mechanic overall, some traditional hairstyles, glasses and hats

Comment: I often have the feeling, that as soon as a Sim ages into an Elder, you are just waiting for them to die. Their exciting parts of life are over. With a stuff pack like that, you could still have some room for their stories. Have the kids visit their weird grandparents house, that maybe looks old, but is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cozy.

Critter Stuff Pack
Gameplay Element: Womrat (from Sims 3) or another small animal, like a gecko. Gameplay elements would include a cage (or terrarium), cleaning the cage, feeding the animal and taking it out to pet it.
Build/Buy: Anything that the Cats&Dogs expansion was missing, so of course more pet beds, bowls (water bowl!), litter boxes. As well as nordic/scandinavian themed furniture, which would also go very well with Brindleton Bay. If you go with the reptile as gameplay element, I could also imagine a safari look, with more indoor plants, carpents with animal print, a new aquarium, more leather furniture etc.
CAS: Hard to pin down, more clothing, accessoires for animals for sure, for sims more knitwear, and stuff for outside, like jackets, shawls and hats. And faux fur integrated in clothing.

Comment: The Parenthood gamepack also had a stuff pack, to add some more things to it, the Toddler Stuff Pack. So, I could imagine, that it would be benefitial having a stuff pack that gives more pet-related things. Even though, it would require the expansion pack to use the new pet beds, clothing in the Critter Stuff Pack, I still think, a lot of people would go for it. If only for the small animal.

Grand Ball Stuff Pack
Gameplay Element: Slow Dance or Waltzing Skill, the ability for sims to closely dance together, spin around etc., throw a Grand Ball event, Waltzer music station
Build/Buy: Everything for a grand ball room, high end expensive furniture that looks classy and elegant, some stuff probably even antique, pillars, curtains, big chandeliers, stairs that go around (not spiral stairs, but stairs with a half platform in it).
CAS: Tuxedos, big Ballgowns and the like, shiny shoes, cravats as a accessoire, earrings etc.

Comment: Yes, we had the Luxury Party Stuff Pack, but this was more modern with a lot of cold, etchy looking furniture. This pack would aim for a more classic, fairy tale vibe. It wouldn't be something I would play, but I think, it would be a great addition for all those, that have elaborate stories with rich people intrigues in it.

Those are just 5 ideas for stuff packs. Maybe you have your own ideas? Just remember, not more than 2 or 3 gameplay features for a stuff pack. Small stuff that would be too narrow in scope/theme for a gamepack.
Post edited by Candacis on

Comments

• DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Extra Dev Time Stuff - Dissolves the Stuff Pack Team completely since we already have enough, thereby re-assigning it's devs and Gurus to either the EP team, GP team or quality assurance (bug fixing etc) to improve the quality of those three.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Uhm, this wasn't really meant to be a thread with a general discussion about the value of stuff packs and if they should exist or not.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Love the idea of the early ages stuff pack. :)
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    The Japanese SP sounds really interesting !

I'd like one about the swimming pool with :
    - More choices of swimwear for all
    - More activities for the swimming pool like a slide (which could reuse part of the animations of the diving rock), being able to float on one's back, and perhaps a game in the pool for the whole family.
    - Objects could come with this style :
    sims4_roomviews-1.png

Ideally, I think it should come after the GP/EP that will add lounge chairs and during the summer :) Perhaps it would fit better as a GP though.
  • ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    My community and I were discussing a 'Stuff' stuff pack yesterday, and I don't know how realistic of an idea that is, but it was an interesting thought. They agreed that they wanted just a ton of clutter and lived in items. I argued for clusters of clutter (like the cereal and cans clutter from Outdoor or the stack of kitchen books from Cool Kitchen) but overall there were some interesting ideas for it. I think if we keep getting more clutter in future packs (like the Eco Living clutter - omg!), we'll be fine, but it would be interesting to see what the devs could come up with for a 'Stuff' stuff pack.
  • ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    > @Neia said:
    > The Japanese SP sounds really interesting !
    >
    > I'd like one about the swimming pool with :
    > - More choices of swimwear for all
    > - More activities for the swimming pool like a slide (which could reuse part of the animations of the diving rock), being able to float on one's back, and perhaps a game in the pool for the whole family.
    > - Objects could come with this style :
    >
    >
    > Ideally, I think it should come after the GP/EP that will add lounge chairs and during the summer :) Perhaps it would fit better as a GP though.

A summer pack with lounge chairs (really missing these!), tanning and spray tan actions, and other stuff would be cool, even before seasons since we already have sunshine!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Medieval, Victorian (picks up where Vampires left off, without more vamp stuff), wild west, outer space, something that would expand the hobby/free time options
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Toddler stuff
    Man Cave ( SP just for men)
    Teen Stuff ( Parenthood added a few things, but we need more, so they all don't have to dress alike)
    Elder Stuff
    Pool stuff (We havent had any new swimsuits for kids. They still only have the ones from BG)
    I would also like Pool stuff, but I can imagine that, if a Seasons EP comes, they will have swimming pool gameplay in it for the Summer season, and some new swimsuit clothing. But who knows, how long we would have to wait for that expansion.

Here is one Stuff Pack idea, that I read on modthesims:

Grocery Store Stuff Pack
    Gameplay Elements: Checkout Counter (works like the bar and assigns an NPC or playable clerk to purchase groceries from), Coupons (can be found using the new Search for Coupons interaction on the computer/smartphone, and sometimes in the mail), Return of the Frugal trait from TS3 (more likely to find coupons and get the Buyer's Remorse Moodlet when spending too much)
    Build/Buy: Grocery clutter, discount posters and store sign
    CAS: Clothes for clerks, baggers and shoppers

Comment: I like the idea, because it gives those who don't want to shop for food via fridge or computer a new, more realistic option. And maybe another type of shop, a new meeting (or work?) place.

Here is another idea I had:

Retirement Stuff Pack
    Gameplay Elements: Retirement Party Type, an old car to repair and fix up (turn it from a heap of rust into a shiny new looking car - oldtimer), a knitting skill that allows knitting scarves, sweaters, socks etc., looking through photo family album interaction
    Build/Buy: Comfy, traditional furniture, sofa with cushions, new flowers and bushes, some kitschy decorations, side tables with doilies (or other fabric) on it, bathroom tiles with small pictures on it etc., and some real sized cars (I get they are just deco objects, but that's still better than resizing the kids playcars) and motorcycles
    CAS: Loads of clothing fitting for Elder sims, car mechanic overall, some traditional hairstyles, glasses and hats

Comment: I often have the feeling, that as soon as a Sim ages into an Elder, you are just waiting for them to die. Their exciting parts of life are over. With a stuff pack like that, you could still have some room for their stories. Have the kids visit their weird grandparents house, that maybe looks old, but is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cozy.
    How about packs themed to a particular decade? Clothes, furniture, decorative items, music, dances, etc. from the era (TV shows from 50s onward). Maybe 2 or 3 classic cars of the era (57 Chevy Belair, anyone?), or a screaming muscle car, even a Jeep (40s) or Model T. Living nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember, a glimpse into a bygone era for the rest of you.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This pack idea was in the first survey for the community stuff pack, but I would still love to see some Arcade styled stuff pack with a new venue type and a few new gameplay objects all obviously arcade focused, like Ski Ball, whack a mole or just a classic arcade or pinball machine. I can imagine all the new items being all retro neon styled, 80's or 90's inspired.
  • robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    I definitely wouldn't mind a strictly clothing stuff pack!
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2017
    Lifestyles Stuff Pack

Gameplay elements: Darkwave, punk, goth, emo and deathrock radio stations. "Talk About Obscure Music" friendly interaction with Sims who enjoy the same type(s) of music as your Sim. Also introduces the Horror genre Book Type for the writing Skill.
    CAS: Deathrock, punk, emo/scene and Gothic-styled fashion and hairstyles/makeup/accessories
    Build/Buy: More Victorian and Gothic flavored furniture and decor, picking up where Vampires left off. More Medieval and Victorian/Queen Anne-styled buildings and homes.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • LizzyX4LizzyX4 Posts: 69 Member
    Y'all have such great imaginations! Whenever I think of what I would want in a stuff pack, my brain just says "...stuff!". I do miss the magic items from previous games. I also would like more family togetherness items; I miss the picnic basket and the playground equipment that wasn't the huge objects we have now (like swings and slides). One thing that I really enjoy about Sims 3 and 4 that I never expected to like is the collecting aspect. I wish there were more collectibles in the Sims 4. So maybe a hobbies pack?

I definitely agree with @robjoneskid - a clothing/accessories pack would be awesome.
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Lifestyles Stuff Pack

Gothic-styled fashion and hairstyles/makeup/accessories
    Build/Buy: More Victorian and Gothic flavored furniture and decor, picking up where Vampires left off. More Medieval and Victorian/Queen Anne-styled buildings and homes.
    Yeah! Don't forget the 2nd Empire roofs and bay windows, etc.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Great ideas!! I really like the Early Ages, Grocery Store, House Party, Lifestyles pack ideas.
    Guess we will get the Early Ages stuff pack, if I look at that:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8deE1BV8JXE
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    OP, I would so get behind a retirement pack! I hate feeling like I have nothing to do with my elders.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • fashion201067fashion201067 Posts: 75 Member
    I would love the Seedy Stuff pack! That sounds like it would make for great gameplay and add a lot more to the game. Retirement also sounds like a great one, because I feel like once sims reach being elders, there isn't too much offered for them to do anymore!
    marina.jpg
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I think a crafting pack would be cool where sims could make jewelry and other items, maybe have a pottery wheel, a knitting skill, kids crafts. Sims could sell their creations in shops, at the flea-market, online on their crafting page. They could also add different framing options for pictures and more items for collector for sims. Although this would prob work better as a GP.
  • IndustrialxGothIndustrialxGoth Posts: 84 Member
    I still support the idea of an "Alternative" SP, full of the fashionable items for the alternative subcultures/groups and styles:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916007/alternative-sp-concept-of-the-subcultures-fashion-styles-etc

Hoping that could be a possible pack...

But, to a lesser degree, I like the ideas of:
    -a music-themed SP (includes a broader variety of instruments/musical tools, genres, and CAS/Build Mode items)
    -pets
    -a carnival theme
    -the supernatural
    -death-related things (considerably what was going to be a potential pack from a vote a while back; called the "Dangerous" SP...)
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    I really like the idea of the early ages stuff pack.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Parties stuff pack
    Ability to give gifts.
    adds more parties such as sleep overs and baby showers.
    Adds more stuff to do at parties like hit the pinata, pin the tail on the donkey, girl and guy sim poping out of the cake like in sims 1
    more party decorations, different cakes.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Candacis wrote: »

Japanese Stuff Pack
    Gameplay Elements: Koi Pond, Sliding Doors, traditional asian music station
    Build/Buy: Obviously japanese themed furniture and build items, paper doors and windows, a new roof type and shingles, but the architecture should be more modern, so it could be usable not only in an asian themed playstyles. Just google 'modern japanese furniture' and you get an idea what I mean. Minimalistic, lots of wood, cubic, elegant and thin.
    CAS: Japanese fashion can be very different and very experimental and playful.

Comment: I long for some elegant furniture and I think, a pack as this could provide it as well as give some options for builders.

I like this Idea a lot, it's a shame there isn't much representation for POC people in the game (this is my opinion, yours may be different) and I would love for it to be expanded quite a lot as I feel like it would show people that EA can/does care about POC people, as I do know that they have quite a few POC employees from when they've done all the live plays in the past before the games come out.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I would love a baby shower event! D: Been asking for one for years now. I think it would be perfect for families that are expecting, especially since we already have the ability to tell the father and family that we're expecting. I'd love for friends to bring little gifts for the baby, toys, maybe objects that babies could finally use (A baby swing, or a mat with a musical item for them to lay under, etc).

But since.. babies are confined to their bassinets... seems unlikely. :( *Fingers crossed, though*. :)