Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for Builders, So Not Buying

Comments

• Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    The Sims 4 is easier to build in, but it lacks a lot of stuff the previous games have.

Spiral stairs, not all buildings having the same foundation, raising and lower ground, water tool, changing the color of the ceiling inside buildings, create a style, placing / moving lots, changing the world, creating new worlds...

One step forward and two steps back, best way I can describe it. And Sims 3 / 2 building wasn't that bad as long as you knew what you wanted to build.
  • Options
    AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
    I think the latest packs really have a lot of great build mode objects. Especially Bowling Night Stuff, Parenthood, and Fitness Stuff. I used to rely heavily on CC but now I don't anymore. I am not a fan of base game build mode objects, but I've been obsessed with the new objects that comes with the latest packs.
    I do agree that we need more building tools and worlds. I hope one day we can build rooms and pools with a round corner, and build our own apartment buildings. I would be happy if they include another empty world like Newcrest in a patch, or sell worlds in the online store just like they did in sims 3. It would be the best if we can have a CAW tool, but if we can't, a few other EA worlds would be good enough too.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    One of the gurus mentioned recently that some new build stuff is in the works, but wasn't ready yet.

Aaron Houts (who works on build stuff) tweeted this today too...

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Good to hear, thanks :):)<3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    One of the gurus mentioned recently that some new build stuff is in the works, but wasn't ready yet.

Yeah, Aaron said the same thing over 6 months ago in one of my threads. Have yet to see, let alone hear, anything concrete to back it up. He just keeps stringing us along... :/
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »

Yeah, Aaron said the same thing over 6 months ago in one of my threads. Have yet to see, let alone hear, anything concrete to back it up. He just keeps stringing us along... :/

Yeah... stringing us along... aka, running out the clock. But, meh. I guess we'll have another 6 months (give or take) to see the next thrills and spills that await us for this three-year-old-sitting-in-the-back-of-the-fridge-forgotten-and-growing-something-furry-and-grey game. I'm stoked. Bigley.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2017

Yep. Building is so far down on their priority list and it shows. We need building tools @SimGuruHouts not lot traits, not a few doors/windows (well we do need that stuff, but it's NOT a substitute for tools!) - in addition build mode needs a serious upgrade. It's nearly been three years since the game launched and feedback for independent foundation heights has been talked about since build mode was first showed off. What gives? We ever gonna see that? CFE? Terrain tools? Multiple windows per wall segment? Stage tool?

City Living failed big time by not adding in new building tools for apartments, when are we going to see those? I'd hope the lame props we have now aren't the best we'll get after years and years worth of feedback pertaining to apartments..
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Yep. Building is so far down on their priority list and it shows. We need building tools @SimGuruHouts not lot traits, not a few doors/windows (well we do need that stuff, but it's NOT a substitute for tools!) - in addition build mode needs a serious upgrade. It's nearly been three years since the game launched and feedback for independent foundation heights has been talked about since build mode was first showed off. What gives? We ever gonna see that? CFE? Terrain tools? Multiple windows per wall segment? Stage tool?

City Living failed big time by not adding in new building tools for apartments, when are we going to see those? I'd hope the lame props we have now aren't the best we'll get after years and years worth of feedback pertaining to apartments..

I don't think we are going to get the kind of tools we want this time around. I've been fooling around with TS3 and getting to know it again. I'd forgotten just how much we have in the way of building. Terrain tools, water tools and all the rest.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    You are right @PHOEBESMOM601 I don't think we will see those building tools, or really any other worthwhile building tools. Building was simplified, extremely, and their focus is entirely on decoration and less about building. - If the world is super decorated, largely not-usable, and built up in ways unavailable to the player that must be a good trade off for no building tools right? (Maxis logic)

I think they need to reevaluate their priorities. Feedback has been steady for build mode for over three years now, there is no excuse for their lack of innovation with the tool other than management not seeing it as a worthwhile part of the game to develop.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2017

I don't think we are going to get the kind of tools we want this time around. I've been fooling around with TS3 and getting to know it again. I'd forgotten just how much we have in the way of building. Terrain tools, water tools and all the rest.

Yeah. I can't even be bothered booting S4 out of curiosity any more because I feel that way. what they offered for CL really crushed any hope I had left. It's been downhill since then.

I feel if they weren't so busy playing catch-up with the gameplay mechanics that we'd see far more than we've seen so far. Rachel was wrong when she said holding back toddlers was the best decision they'd made so far. If it took them two years after release to focus on something that should have been there at the start, how much longer do we have to wait for other things that should be there now?

Frankly, it's ridiculous we've waited so long for them to flesh this game out. The base should have been complete on release so it was truly ready for real expansion.

That's still not to say they couldn't entice me if they offered something worthwhile. Until then, I stick with 3. I need my tools if I'm going to get any enjoyment out of this game. Playing in the same static worlds with the same views and the same static lots is a major buzz-kill.

I refuse to buy anything for this game until
    I see something that truly picks up the slack.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    people are complaining about not having enough game packs, exp packs.
    They are slowly getting there.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

Yeah... stringing us along... aka, running out the clock. But, meh. I guess we'll have another 6 months (give or take) to see the next thrills and spills that await us for this three-year-old-sitting-in-the-back-of-the-fridge-forgotten-and-growing-something-furry-and-grey game. I'm stoked. Bigley.

I don't think he's .. stringing us along it could be what there working on is really big the build mode equivalent of toddlers
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

I don't think he's .. stringing us along it could be what there working on is really big the build mode equivalent of toddlers

I really hope so. If we get the same quality of work as we got for toddlers I would do a little happy dance.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    ts4 needs so much more building options. building in ts3 is a nightmare but at least we have a lot of resources for it.
    not building related tho but i wish there was an option to make a certain wall visible, sometimes the wrong walls will go down in the cutaway mode and it makes the lot look ugly :p
    If building in TS3 is a nightmare, I must love having nightmares. Things don't always have to be easy to be fun. They have to be possible.

lol what.
    building in ts4 is fun because its simple, cant say the same thing bout sims 3 tho..
    the same way downloading lots in sims 3 is a nightmare, because u have to download it then open the launcher then install it then you can proceed to launch the game.
    if you think doing all this cr*p to have a single lot on your game is fun then youre really a masochistic :#:#
    then again, everyone has a different opinion on whats fun and whats not. dont need to be a jerk bout it.
    The launcher is - or can be - a nightmare, true. Ehm..., what's this got to do with building ;)? What Pary says: simplicity doesn't equal fun for me. Possibilities do. And the more you build, the more experienced you get, the less mistakes you make. I am no masochist and I can assure you building in Sims 3 for me is total Zen. (which doesn't mean I don't appreciate/love the tools in Sims 4 but throwing in rooms and decorating them with premade stuff is just not my idea of Zen)(indeed Kremesch, how great would it be if they'd combine the buildings options of both games)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    For me, I am still waiting for spiral staircases and elevators to be put in the game officially. These two things would be wonderful to have when conserving space. (there is a mod, but come on...this really just needs to BE in the game itself, like pools).
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Sims 4 for Xbox will be able to alter their landscape?.

My Question is Why can't we on our PC, Sims 4 have more to alter our landscapes?.
    If they can not implement more building tools into our Sims 4, then let's move on to Sims 5.

I think foundations can be fixed with just a patch. not asking for a patch, They already know it's a major problem.

Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i've still got a PS3. lol i haven't played that in several months.

you would think that if they can alter landscapes on the xbox or playstation, then they certainly should be able to do it on a pc.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Meh. I'm not about to run out and buy an Xbox or a PlayStation. There aren't enough games that interest me and they'll come out with the next gen soon enough. The last console I bought was a wii U and its collecting dust. I prefer PC games.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Meh. I'm not about to run out and buy an Xbox or a PlayStation. There aren't enough games that interest me and they'll come out with the next gen soon enough. The last console I bought was a wii U and its collecting dust. I prefer PC games.

totally agree. no plans on buying a playstation or xbox, especially since i don't even use the one i have now. i also prefer PC games.
  • Options
    I did not purchase the last two releases for TS4 because there is absolutely nothing for builders. Until they start including more build tools and more worlds to build in, I have absolutely no desire to purchase any more additional content. Why have builders been ignored for so long in TS4?

Builders need to speak up and be heard! Unless we are more vocal about this, nothing will be done. Stand up and be heard!!! :)

ehaught, if you would write a formal request, in the form of a petition signed by many people, I think that would get their attention. All they would have to do is post that they want their name on the list, that way you can add their name, to your petition, and get a lot of signatures, then send that into the big shots :). I am sure you if we get enough signatures, they will not ignore the builders any longer. :);)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I got this from the top of our forums page, sorry double posting.I thought you all would like to read this , if you have not already.

https://youtu.be/FUAHbqsxfUo

The Sims 4 is Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
    JULY 26, 2017BY SIMGURULYNDSAYCOMMENT
    Console players rejoice! The Sims™ 4 is coming to XBOX One and PlayStation® 4 this November 17, 2017! Whether you prefer console or PC, you'll soon be able to share your Sims stories no matter your platform of choice.

And it is an exciting time to get into The Sims 4. Since our initial launch on PC, we have made several updates to the base game, ranging from the addition of Ghosts and Pools, to New Careers, Half-Walls, and Dishwashers! Not to mention, we also added the world of Newcrest, to give your Sims space to continue to grow; overhauled the Create a Sim tool, to provide expanded gender customization options; and most recently, added Toddlers as a new playable life state! All of these great updates will be available to you at launch when you play The Sims 4 on console.

It won't stop there either! Upon The Sims 4's release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this November, Maxis and the team at Blind Squirrel Games plan on revisiting our current lineup of extra DLC to bring over some of the best experiences to console on a regular basis, but we plan to start providing players periodic game updates that mirrors some of the latest content we've released for PC, delivering new features, and continuing to improve your game experience.

Ready to jump right in and play with life? Starting today, pre-order The Sims™ 4 on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 to get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff* featuring hot tubs, more fashion, and bonus décor. Yep, you read that right; from now until November 17, 2017, when you pre-order the physical or digital version of The Sims 4 on console, you will receive a digital code to download The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack at launch.

Looking for even more fun? Pre-order The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 , and you will not only get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff at launch, but extra perks and exciting content* including:

• Early Access, get up to 3 days of early access to the full game;
    • Life of the Party Digital Content, featuring the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylized outfits for your Sims;
    • Up All Night Digital Content, featuring the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes;
    • Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, featuring a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off.

To recap, while the worldwide console release will be on November 17, 2017 there are a few ways to play The Sims 4 on console, including:

• Joining EA Access** to unlock early access via the Play First Trial starting November 9;
    • Getting The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition to enjoy early access starting November 14;
    • Getting The Sims 4 Standard Edition to experience the game at worldwide launch on November 17.

For those of you that are attending Gamescom in Cologne, The Sims 4 console will be hands on for the first time on the show floor in the Family & Friends Zone in Hall 10.2 from August 22, 2017 - August 26, 2017.

We'll be revealing more details in the months to come. To stay abreast of the news, check out our FAQ regarding The Sims 4 on console. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram, Like us on Facebook, and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • Options
    RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    I wish that you could have more than one foundation,, Example would be to build a basement and then make a stage platform raised up from the floor.. All foundations adjust up or down at the same time.. You have to delete the floor to get it to work at ground level, but in a basement you can't add a foundation..
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm not a huge builder (if we had more room, I probably would be), but I do agree that we need more things for builders. Not just terrain tools, but objects as well. People (including myself) have been wishing for better roofing, better staircases, garages, more practical/basic colors and designs for tile and wallpaper. I would have loved the option to build our own apartments and have working elevators. We could have placed them in our regular homes and businesses too. I would be open to having a builders SP. Sigh!
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    edited August 2017
    YES. I've bought so many DLC's, but the only one that is actually really useful in building for me is Get Together, because of the objects and Windenburg. I also won't be buying any additional content anymore.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    I really miss the foundation tool from Sims 2, which allows you to build buildings on uneven ground, that is with the help of the terraforming tool.

I really miss the terraforming tool also :(

EA/Maxis/Sims4 game developer should invest on returning these, but I doubt it really with the pace and the (lack of) money they are right now.