Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for Builders, So Not Buying

Comments

• Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2017
    Are you refering to the tansparent foundation in bb.showhiddenobjects? I remember there was a thread about that. It was a placeholder and when it was placed it was transparent. Personally, I never worked with it. It was added with CL.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2017
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I didn't see any instructions posted? If this split level conundrum could be proven, I might actually be tempted to give CL a go. Posting the facts would greatly help out those who are on the fence.

Edit: this is something that would highly interest me.

It's a foundation that came with City Living when you enter one of the cheats.

I don't have access to my game, so I can't confirm the exact details.
    edited June 2017
    Are you refering to the tansparent foundation in bb.showhiddenobjects? I remember there was a thread about that. It was a placeholder and when it was placed it was transparent. Personally, I never worked with it. It was added with CL.

Didn't know about a transparent one?

I know about the wall one. I'm googling furiously for something, but I can't find anything.
    I figured that everyone would know about it, I used it frequently :D
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @BeJaWa wrote: »
    @jackjack_k
    With all due respect from what I have read in other places I think you may be wrong.
    I've looked around and I can't find any mention of this tool on any websites or promotional material for city living. Especially with the builders outrage about not having apartments you would think they would mention anything new building wise to try and make that community happier.
    I also remember having windows in pools before as in I just checked the notes they put on the Sims news page announceing basements and they have windows between pools and basements in it, same with a post on the Sims community talking about use of basements that includes mention of windows in pools (dated March 27 2015). Also I still can't put a window in an extirior basement wall (indoor walls as much as I please) and again no where can I find even a picture to suggest you can.

As for foundation painting, I thought you could already do this but I'm not sure about it, I can't find anything one way or the other to suggest it was or won't included. But, all the building guides out there still have people deleting floors to make split levels in the foundation and I find it odd that if they could change these to walls that none of these guides (especially on Carl's Sims 4 guide) have updated their old posts or have mentioned this feature in a little over 7 months since it supposedly appeared.

Finally we already as mentioned before could do split levels by deleting floors so it seems odd that they would bother changing it around in a relatively minor way for an ep, I would have instead expected a patch that made it so foundation could be painted this seems much simpler than makeing us change a foundation into a wall and then paint it. This is just speculation though. The above points I've made are really why I don't think this tool is out there.

Also it isn't about trying to disprove you and pull your posts apart if I could find this tool I would be quite happy and as such if you could find a link to how to do this I would gladly look at it, however I still can't find this and so I'm expressing my confusion here in hopes maybe someone can find it/confirm it and help people in the community in general since obviously a few of us missed this and need help finding it.

Also I don't use any mods or cheats when playing/building so it can't be that.

If anybody else finds something though do share with me because I am interested in seeing this.
    @ehaught58 wrote: »
    @jackjack_k said "Nope, not mistaken at all. City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, which means more options for building overall :)
    It allowed us to make split levelling indoors, that use walls instead of foundation skins (which looked ugly, add windows to basements etc."

Could you please post pictures of this? I so want this to be true! I could kick myself for missing out on these new tools! :)

Hi, it's a Foundation for City Living that replaces the Foundation with a wall? I've used it from time to time.
    I haven't used it in a while (been furnishing Apartments more than building) but I think it came up with the "showhiddenobjects" cheat or the extremely long unlock cheat. It's the only City Living foundation.

post a picture, post a video, anything at this stage

You cannot come into this thread with that highly negative tone making claims left and right with ZERO supporting evidence just to change it up to you THINK it popped up when you used "the extremely long unlock cheat". How about you go check it out? You are the only one making these claims so the burden of proof is on you, and has been on you this entire time. Your failure to yet again provide a single shred of evidence in your favor doesn't make your case, in fact it makes your arguments weaker and puts your lack of knowledge on the subject in the spotlight.

grow up

I wasn't negative, just correcting the notion that we haven't had build tools since GTW, and I if I could I would. I can't right now.
    I gave clear instructions.

Your obsession with me is becoming a joke now, I'm here to contribute which I do, if you have a problem with me, YOU can do something about it.

I don't give a plum about what you demand, I can post what i want, and if people have questions I will answer. I just assumed it was a known thing, hence i just posted about it casually.

When people asked for instructions as to how, I gave them as soon as I got the notification when I woke up.

That's the thing, you aren't answering. You have not produced a shred of evidence to prove your point. You haven't listed any specific steps, any specific pictures; you said you think it popped up when you used the super duper long cheat. That's totally nonspecific and unhelpful to the situation. Given the complicated process that even you are unsure of, how on earth did you assume it was commonly known? Backwards logic that does not work with your argument.

Calling someone obsessed with you because they called you out on promoting wrong info is kind of dramatic. You were incorrect, others including myself corrected you, instead of playing the victim how about you say "oh I made an honest mistake when I listed a multitude of building tools and features that either came with the base game or do not actually exist within the game" - would that be sincere? No, but with your long track record of spreading outright lies pertaining to TS4 it would be a start.
    edited June 2017
    I found a video with the wall foundation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38kUsVwWs6c&t=324s

Skip to 5 mins :)
    edited June 2017
    Whoops, nevermind. Those are windows.
    @BeJaWa wrote: »
    @jackjack_k
    With all due respect from what I have read in other places I think you may be wrong.
    I've looked around and I can't find any mention of this tool on any websites or promotional material for city living. Especially with the builders outrage about not having apartments you would think they would mention anything new building wise to try and make that community happier.
    I also remember having windows in pools before as in I just checked the notes they put on the Sims news page announceing basements and they have windows between pools and basements in it, same with a post on the Sims community talking about use of basements that includes mention of windows in pools (dated March 27 2015). Also I still can't put a window in an extirior basement wall (indoor walls as much as I please) and again no where can I find even a picture to suggest you can.

As for foundation painting, I thought you could already do this but I'm not sure about it, I can't find anything one way or the other to suggest it was or won't included. But, all the building guides out there still have people deleting floors to make split levels in the foundation and I find it odd that if they could change these to walls that none of these guides (especially on Carl's Sims 4 guide) have updated their old posts or have mentioned this feature in a little over 7 months since it supposedly appeared.

Finally we already as mentioned before could do split levels by deleting floors so it seems odd that they would bother changing it around in a relatively minor way for an ep, I would have instead expected a patch that made it so foundation could be painted this seems much simpler than makeing us change a foundation into a wall and then paint it. This is just speculation though. The above points I've made are really why I don't think this tool is out there.

Also it isn't about trying to disprove you and pull your posts apart if I could find this tool I would be quite happy and as such if you could find a link to how to do this I would gladly look at it, however I still can't find this and so I'm expressing my confusion here in hopes maybe someone can find it/confirm it and help people in the community in general since obviously a few of us missed this and need help finding it.

Also I don't use any mods or cheats when playing/building so it can't be that.

If anybody else finds something though do share with me because I am interested in seeing this.
    @ehaught58 wrote: »
    @jackjack_k said "Nope, not mistaken at all. City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, which means more options for building overall :)
    It allowed us to make split levelling indoors, that use walls instead of foundation skins (which looked ugly, add windows to basements etc."

Could you please post pictures of this? I so want this to be true! I could kick myself for missing out on these new tools! :)

Hi, it's a Foundation for City Living that replaces the Foundation with a wall? I've used it from time to time.
    I haven't used it in a while (been furnishing Apartments more than building) but I think it came up with the "showhiddenobjects" cheat or the extremely long unlock cheat. It's the only City Living foundation.

post a picture, post a video, anything at this stage

You cannot come into this thread with that highly negative tone making claims left and right with ZERO supporting evidence just to change it up to you THINK it popped up when you used "the extremely long unlock cheat". How about you go check it out? You are the only one making these claims so the burden of proof is on you, and has been on you this entire time. Your failure to yet again provide a single shred of evidence in your favor doesn't make your case, in fact it makes your arguments weaker and puts your lack of knowledge on the subject in the spotlight.

grow up

I wasn't negative, just correcting the notion that we haven't had build tools since GTW, and I if I could I would. I can't right now.
    I gave clear instructions.

Your obsession with me is becoming a joke now, I'm here to contribute which I do, if you have a problem with me, YOU can do something about it.

I don't give a plum about what you demand, I can post what i want, and if people have questions I will answer. I just assumed it was a known thing, hence i just posted about it casually.

When people asked for instructions as to how, I gave them as soon as I got the notification when I woke up.

That's the thing, you aren't answering. You have not produced a shred of evidence to prove your point. You haven't listed any specific steps, any specific pictures; you said you think it popped up when you used the super duper long cheat. That's totally nonspecific and unhelpful to the situation. Given the complicated process that even you are unsure of, how on earth did you assume it was commonly known? Backwards logic that does not work with your argument.

Calling someone obsessed with you because they called you out on promoting wrong info is kind of dramatic. You were incorrect, others including myself corrected you, instead of playing the victim how about you say "oh I made an honest mistake when I listed a multitude of building tools and features that either came with the base game or do not actually exist within the game" - would that be sincere? No, but with your long track record of spreading outright lies pertaining to TS4 it would be a start.

But I'm not incorrect. Not having the resources to provide proof doesn't mean I'm wrong :)

You're obsessed with me though, no dispute there. Do you demand evidence from every general statement on this forum? We both know that's a no.
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Whoops, nevermind. Those are windows.

It changes it into a wall though, so not sure. It means you can have seamless foundations. Which means split leveling inside can use indoor wallpaper.
    I think it is a cool feature. I think it was well hidden.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Hm. That looks interesting.

If I could create a foundation inside the home attached to walls where I could then build true split levels and any type of stair, I would buy that EP in a heartbeat. I would also like to be able to add any wall paper to a foundation. I never liked that they had their own colours and never understood why they did that in the first place considering it's not impossible to do.

Just being able to add normal wall paper to foundations would offer half the ability I'd like to see, I think. I hope. Would like to see something with substance and explanations though. This video wasn't very clear. Though I assume it's a buydebug cheat.

This is what would interest me. Thanks for posting. I now want to know if it's possible to add L-shaped stairs inside using this tool. I imagine it would be off considering the upper level would be a full wall height, now that I think about it. Still pining for an indoor platform that has the same functionality. Wish this game wasn't so 'modular.' It shows so much promise, but I'm still not convinced that 'promise' is achievable within the engine's limits. Guess I'll go back to lurking, and hoping.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    Don't be too upset folks. It is a honest misunderstanding.
    edited June 2017
    I guess my builds would really be considered sunken rooms, instead of a true split.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

OK well I don't have access to my game but it just looks like painting the outside of a pool below ground which again I can do with out city living.
    Thank you for sharing that and clarifying.
    Also since I don't use cheats that may also be my problem.

Either way I think stuff like stairs and ponds and roofing options remain wanted and in demand and it would be nice to see some love for builders. :)
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > In addition to the ideas already given, something like the Sims2 'Manson & Garden' pack would be nice. That was good for three styles, Art Deco, Moroccan, & 2nd Empire - each with a large assortment of windows, doors, trim items, and Mansard roofs complete with windows. That little gem gives you another whole floor to work with. Providing existing windows and doors with different shades of wood brown would help a lot. Black, white, and shades of grey are not the only game in town, especially with older buildings. Would like more types and sizes of arches, too, and in a wide range of colors. Real diving board for the swimming pools, and a pool slide. Second the motion for auto roofs. Complex roofs in Sims4 are a bear.

5 Stars ***** :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    I was looking at this. I think that this will only work for pools. I could not get it to work in a split. It would have been nice though if it did.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38kUsVwWs6c&t=324s

"Change them to white or whatever colour your heart desires". Yeah, right ;)
    Looking at that video, what's so special? He's putting wallpaper on walls, or am I missing something essential?

(what I do love by the way is the easy split level thing; I know that's basegame but that's awesome)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2017
    So, a new tool...didnt even think to look under foundations (hiddenobjects). I decided to mess about with it.

It does NOT allow you to change the wallpaper on foundation walls, only pools.

Here are some images showing some possibilities tho

This was probably the most interesting visually, move objects on, raise the walls to the third height, get windows into that space left by the disappearing foundation tool (or pool wallpaper tool), lower walls back down. Kinda cool looking.
    MUW2Na4.png

Random images showing what the tool does to the foundation
    JVgZsIl.png
    EQMqA9O.png
    WaY31D0.png
    zlL5ZxV.png
    w29kHYe.png
    Uojmyoa.png
    PT6uSPt.png
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    edited June 2017
    So what happens if you delete the pool after using the wallpaper on the foundation?

Will the wallpaper and foundation stay? Is there a hole where the pool used to be? Can you place a platform on top of it, etc?
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    So what happens if you delete the pool after using the wallpaper on the foundation?

the whole thing just deletes, it doesnt leave anything behind (assuming you mean using the wall paper on the pool and then deleting the pool)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Nectere wrote: »

the whole thing just deletes, it doesnt leave anything behind (assuming you mean using the wall paper on the pool and then deleting the pool)

Yeah that's what I meant. Thanks for sharing.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    We had Half Walls after basements, we also had new foundation tools with City Living that allow proper split leveling and even allow things like basements/pools with windows into the foundation.

Excuse me, when? We still don't have proper split leveling so I don't know what expansion you got called City Living but I certainly did not get those features.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2017
    @ehaught55
    Good News for our Builders I think we will get support help I will post what just happen :) so please do not stop trying

Stormsview wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

<3 *I Hear You Roar* <3

This Type of game is only going to go so far into giving you what you need.
    Now on the other had We have Builders, that wish to build wonderful gift and things for simmers if they are given more tools. they can make better and more fun adventures for simmers. this EA and Maxis would never ever have time to do for you.

I have done my best in making fun places for our Sims to Visit Alone or with family. I must say I love (Retro Town )it's a fun place for singles or families, But first I made ( Shop Around the Corner) which I am recommending for you the city, not the single one. it's a quiet little sleepy town. you never even have to go home unless you want to. also ( Italy's Vacation Resort) this no Loading zones all day all night fun. every sims world needs.
    I do not tell you this to show off, I offer you this because I care, and I want you to enjoy your game as you should.

Also, I want everyone to understand builders need more. Tools we need to be able to have more than just shops on the lot we need restaurant and shopping, and maybe even homes as well on the same lot. we need more tools to build with and real floor levels so we can make simmers more beautiful lots. Gardens with bridges to cross. The way our foundations are now is blocking so many builders. Give us worlds and seasons and we will build you beautiful things.

Lots are open worlds, as you will see when you upload what I have here. So if our Builders get bigger lots and more tools, seasons and empty worlds, from Maxis and EA we become limitless on what we can build our family of simmers.

Many builders are becoming downhearted because of the lack of building tools.
    Remember we build you gifts, not for money.
    So please Support your Builders :)<3
    ********************************************************************************************
    luvdasims55 Said what below on a different post (I Am NOT a Family Player page 13 )

love what you and other builders do.

you certainly have my total support! <3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    stormsview referred me to this thread. i'm not a builder, but i do appreciate and love all the great work that you all do. i suck at building, but have many beautiful lots that make my homes, neighborhoods, etc so much more beautiful, because of all the great work you guys do.

i recognize that you builders get the short end of the stick by far when it comes to new things for builders. just because you may be in the minority, doesn't mean you should be ignored. i said in another post that a smart business owner takes care of ALL their customers.

in support, i won't be buying anymore ep's, sp's, etc until you get some badly needed attention.

i'll be following this post, so let us know, if and when, you feel you are no longer being ignored.

much <3<3<3 to all you builders out there! you make the world so much better for our sims and i greatly appreciate all your work!
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Nothing for builders.
    Nothing for players.
    Nothing for anybody
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Nothing for builders.
    Nothing for players.
    Nothing for anybody

But just remember... we're not more important than those people who like that there's nothing.