Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June 2017 Update?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MidnightmoonliteMidnightmoonlite Posts: 27 Member
    I haven't got one
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    The only files which were recently modified are :
    • Hotel01_Permanent.package ( EP6 Bon Voyage )
    • Dorm_05_Permanent.package ( EP1 University )
    • EPText.package ( SP9 Mansion & Garden Stuff )
    • Neighborhood.package ( SP9 Mansion & Garden Stuff )

I asked to Windows 10 to search in TS2UC folder the files changed during this year.

Interesting. Have you noticed any changes in game? I can't imagine what they would be patching after all this time.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Thankfully mine don't hook through Origin.
  • Options
    @JULES1111 Actually I don't play with hotel and dorm.

:D I guess you wouldn't notice any changes then! That's ok, I was just curious.
  • Options
    MervisMervis Posts: 15 New Member
    I have the Sims 2 on Origin (the Ultimate Collection)... it was working horrible (it took more the half a hour to start the game (no, not to make the loading in the loading screen it goes on a black screen for more then 30 minutes before it reach the The Sims 2 splash page) and have some minor issue in the game), after the update I reaceave a warning when I lounch the game "your hard disk have too little space avaible, are you sure you wanna play?" "Mmm toot little space avaible on C: where the saves are there is more than 500gb of free space and on the HD where the game is installed more then 100gb... well let's press OK anyway" the splash screen started in a blik "Woah! They fixed my problem!!" the loading screen loaded everithing in less than a minute "Greath! Now I can start my game! Wait... where's my game?" Yeah, no trace of my game... or the standard neighborhoods "Ok, lets start a new neighboorhood" I press the botton to create a new one and... there isn't the terrain where to create a neighborhood...

I try to watch if my files in the save foulders where gone, nope, they're all there... I tryed to uninstall and reinstall the game on a different Hard Drive... same error...

From when I received ne new update my game can't see my hard drive... -__-
    It doesn't even see that there's plenty of free space... and can't load its own files...

I don't know what to do -__-
  • Options

Mervis wrote: »
    I have the Sims 2 on Origin (the Ultimate Collection)... it was working horrible (it took more the half a hour to start the game (no, not to make the loading in the loading screen it goes on a black screen for more then 30 minutes before it reach the The Sims 2 splash page) and have some minor issue in the game), after the update I reaceave a warning when I lounch the game "your hard disk have too little space avaible, are you sure you wanna play?" "Mmm toot little space avaible on C: where the saves are there is more than 500gb of free space and on the HD where the game is installed more then 100gb... well let's press OK anyway" the splash screen started in a blik "Woah! They fixed my problem!!" the loading screen loaded everithing in less than a minute "Greath! Now I can start my game! Wait... where's my game?" Yeah, no trace of my game... or the standard neighborhoods "Ok, lets start a new neighboorhood" I press the botton to create a new one and... there isn't the terrain where to create a neighborhood...

I try to watch if my files in the save foulders where gone, nope, they're all there... I tryed to uninstall and reinstall the game on a different Hard Drive... same error...

From when I received ne new update my game can't see my hard drive... -__-
    It doesn't even see that there's plenty of free space... and can't load its own files...

I don't know what to do -__-

The black screen lasting a while is normal when you first launch the game. The game has to load a ton of stuff for the first time.

Do you have the game on a external hard drive? Sims 2, from what I hear has a issue with running off of that. It actually can have issues running from anything but C: drive. I had a look and no one has been successful, that I could find, installing it on a external drive. They have all had to reinstall on C:. If anyone here has done it and can tell you how that would be nice. Before reinstalling anything try this, seeings how your game loaded at all.

To fix the hard drive does not have enough space, when it actually does, follow this.

Go to "Run" or press Windows + R then type "regedit" and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then select SOFTWARE

For 32-Bit: Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click on the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

For 64-Bit: Open "Wow6432Node" then Find "EA GAMES" folder and open "the sims 2" double-click the Display Name then you will see the pop-up. Delete "™" from Value Data text field and the problem will solved.

Before: The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection
    After: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Oh ya, this also fixes the missing neighborhoods. Caused by the same problem.

• Options
    MervisMervis Posts: 15 New Member
    Ehm.. my first installation of sims 2 was on an esternal HD, and it always worked (before the update), eccept for the fact that the black screen lasting many time was always attendant.

I followed your method, and the game started without the warning, and I see all the neigborhoods, thank you!!!!!
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I don't think I've ever patched The Sims 2.
  • Options
    Mervis wrote: »
    Ehm.. my first installation of sims 2 was on an esternal HD, and it always worked (before the update), eccept for the fact that the black screen lasting many time was always attendant.

I followed your method, and the game started without the warning, and I see all the neigborhoods, thank you!!!!!

Awesome glad the game is working. Ya I could only tell you what I read about the HD, I don't have one myself so I have no first hand experience.
    Enjoy your game. :)