Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Camera in the Spice Market needs LOTS of work

CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
The Spice Market has really awesome brownstone buildings that I love. So why have the devs made it so danged difficult to take pictures in front of those buildings? Any time that I try to take 'hanging out in front of the stoop' kinds of pictures, I end up fighting the stupid camera. It's constantly popping upward as soon as I get anywhere near those buildings and it's fricking annoying!!!

The camera has been a problem in all Sims games since TS2. Yet, I find the issue to be multiplied x1000 in the Spice Market.

From the get go, I've been bummed that Sims can't actually use the elevators, or walk up and down the steps, and walk in and out of the buildings. Yet, I've tried to make my peace with it. However, the fact that the buildings can't even be utilized up close is a deal breaker for me now. I shouldn't have to go into TAB mode and "sneak up" on the subjects in order to get a decent picture. Sometimes, I like to just let the Sims do their thing and to catch candid shots. That is nigh on impossible to do near any of the brownstones in the Spice Market.

Please fix this. If it means removing some of the items directly in front of the buildings which are causing the camera to 'pop', please do so. There's no reason that an electric box should cause the camera to pop two stories into the air anyway!

In any case, immersion is already a really big problem in TS4. The buildings that the Sims are able to live in should not be so unattainable and unusable. As it is now, they're no different than the silly cardboard cutouts that are used to depict the rest of the "city". When creating future content please keep player usability in mind. I'm willing to volunteer to play test free of charge! :D

That is, I'd be willing to play test before release, NOT after I've already paid.
I3Ml5Om.jpg

Comments

• ZedTheGamerZedTheGamer Posts: 8 New Member
    You should try clicking tab then controlling the camera directly :)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I'm with the OP. the camera drives me nuts. Not just in the spice district. You send a sim downstairs in one of the high buildings, it is a mini-game just trying to see your sim - and not a very good one.

Further bouncy camera syndrome afflicts most of the game
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2017
    You should try clicking tab then controlling the camera directly :)

I really don't like using TAB. For one: the perspective seems to be off. For another: the camera is still difficult to control, especially when the Sims are not paused and I'm trying to catch something on the fly.

@ModerateOsprey, I couldn't agree more. The camera is a problem everywhere. However, to me, The Spice Market is where it is most frustrating. I suppose that's because, if I bother to play at all, I mainly like to play in that 'hood.

Yet, after approximately ten years of "live testing", I should hope that the developers would finally conquer that annoying bouncing camera. It's extremely bad this time around.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg