Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sudden "death" occuring in Sims 3

Yesterday I loaded my game and right off the bat, I was notified that a car was sold due to "sim death". It didn't show a picture of the sim in question nor the car, but there was two slots for them in the notification. I almost panicked because that is my favorite sim and for some reason he keeps dying due to stupid accidents. I drove myself nuts looking for evidence causing the "death". There was none. He was to take a shower at the gym and then head home. I could not find a grave anywhere. This is where I suspected it was not a real death. The other 7 sims at my home were unfazed, did not mourn him, and had him in the relationships tab as if nothing happened. Also, the sim was present in the family portrait when looking in edit town. His character icon was not present on the left of the screen.

I looked online and found this happened to someone else and what I had to do is split up the household in edit town and then bring him back in. It worked. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have played for 7 years with many many families and never had this happen.