Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive feedback - Dancing in ts4 is amazing

I love the art of dance . I am not a dancer. But I love watching people dance and the dancing in ts4 is so improved and it looks so neat. The biggest improvement is how natural our sims look when dancing now. And I really like going to "da club" with them and watching them cut up on the dance floor <3 I see a lot of contemporary influence and I like it :)

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow really? The group dancing is okay. The bread kneading is pretty crazy, but they get a little better as their dancing skill get higher. The fact couples do not face each other when they are dancing together is terrible. There is no slow dancing in the game. In my personal opinion, they need to fix dancing.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    @keekee53 I have seen some pretty awesome dancing in this game. Yeah the worst dancers need to work on their skill . But I adore the group dances and dance battles . Better than previous game for sure imo :p

Thats too bad you don't care for the group dances though. I think they are a super cool feature and looks really neat :)<3
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @keekee53 I have seen some pretty awesome dancing in this game. Yeah the worst dancers need to work on their skill . But I adore the group dances and dance battles . Better than previous game for sure imo :p

Thats too bad you don't care for the group dances though. I think they are a super cool feature and looks really neat :)<3

I said the group dancing was just okay but I actually do enjoy more than any of the other dancing. I agree with you there. All of the other dancing is just bad...lol
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The group dances are ok but the fact that sims don't face each other whilst dancing is pretty poor. No one in real life dances with a friend on opposite ends of the floor with their backs to each other.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I can't wait for more dancing. I like what has been done.. I just want more. Especially a variety of couple dances.
    egTcBMc.png
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I love the art of dance . I am not a dancer. But I love watching people dance and the dancing in ts4 is so improved and it looks so neat. The biggest improvement is how natural our sims look when dancing now. And I really like going to "da club" with them and watching them cut up on the dance floor <3 I see a lot of contemporary influence and I like it :)

I have to agree with you there. I really like the dancing. I'd love to see EA continue to expand upon this idea and make classical dance, like ballet in TS3, and more couple's dances. It's a really fun aspect and I'd love to see more of it!
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    TS4 has the best dancing animations. I like that it is very hip hop inspired. I use my own real music in game and I like seeing my Sims drop it low. Sometimes I dance right along with them :D .
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    The dancing from GT is pretty well done. But I wish sims could slow dance/cha cha/ tango together.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I've had the Sims 4 for a little over 3 weeks, and I don't have the Get Together pack, but I kinda want it because of Windenburg and the dancing. @lasummerb I agree with you, this version of the Sims has the best dancing animations, even without Get Together. My Sim, Lousia used to dance a lot with her oldest daughter when she was a toddler. The way she danced is pretty goofy and I love it. Louisa is definitely the parent who embarrasses her kids. She wears a cowboy hat for their birthday parties and gets groovin' to the radio :D
    @Lyoufln LOL :D That's so cute. My toddler's dad is teaching her how to dance. I really like that they made the toddlers more interactive. I bought the BG and all the EPs at once last November during the black Friday sale, so I'm not sure how they danced in BG only, but that's cool if the dancing was better in only the BG as well.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    @lasummerb yeah there's some dancing, but it's not a skill. It's similar to dancing in older Sims games but the dance moves are smoother. They can only dance to the radio but it's still cute! I only have the Parenthood pack. I love it too now that toddlers are so much more interactive because now they're more like real Sims! The Silly ones always want to joke about chicken butt and get an adorable little mood caption to go with it! Louisa and her partner raised 4 of them, so even though the toddlers are cute, she's good until she gets more grandchildren to play with :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    The dancing moves look pretty cool, but I can't get over the fact they look so totally isolated and lonely while dancing. Dancing should be a social event. Their conversations look completely silly because it seems like they're constantly talking to themselves. I must add I'm not a fan of this group dancing thing (including irl).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2017
    OP, I beg to disagree. It's nice that the devs decided to incorporate more urban moves. However, the dancing is too erratic. As soon as it starts to get good, the Sims suddenly go right back to that, 'I have no idea what I'm doing' side to side shuffle. It's disappointing.

Great dancers are great. Instead of cutting the length of the animations, they need to be extended. They also need better transitions into the other dance moves. Dancing should be fluid and coherent.

Over ten years old and TS2 is still the reigning leader in that department. At least the Sims actually danced with each other.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Cynna What makes Sims 2 the best in that department? Because sims in 3 dance together as well, so what sets it apart? (I've never seen sims in 2 dancing so I don't know)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I might be mistaken about this but I do believe that part of what makes these Sims better dancers is that they use beat detection algorithms. I don't believe they did in previous games.
    meeoun wrote: »
    The dancing from GT is pretty well done. But I wish sims could slow dance/cha cha/ tango together.

Agreed. The dancing has definitely improved over sims 2 and sims 3 :)
    Cynna wrote: »
    OP, I beg to disagree. It's nice that the devs decided to incorporate more urban moves. However, the dancing is too erratic. As soon as it starts to get good, the Sims suddenly go right back to that, 'I have no idea what I'm doing' side to side shuffle. It's disappointing.

Great dancers are great. Instead of cutting the length of the animations, they need to be extended. They also need better transitions into the other dance moves. Dancing should be fluid and coherent.

Over ten years old and TS2 is still the reigning leader in that department. At least the Sims actually danced with each other.

But dancing in the sims 2 was horrible lol. The hip hop dancing in sims 4 beats anything from sims 2 :D But I would love to see romantic dances @Cynna
    lasummerb wrote: »
    TS4 has the best dancing animations. I like that it is very hip hop inspired. I use my own real music in game and I like seeing my Sims drop it low. Sometimes I dance right along with them :D .

@lasummerb

H e c k yes! Not only are the dances from get together really smooth <3 BUT, the dance they do along to the tv workout is cute too haha

But dancing in the sims 2 was horrible lol. The hip hop dancing in sims 4 beats anything from sims 2 :D But I would love to see romantic dances @Cynna

I guess that "horrible" is in the eye of the beholder. TS4 definitely has the dances which are most familiar to me IRL. However, I don't like the implementation. As I've said before, TS4's dancing is disjointed. Just as it starts getting interesting, the Sims stop and start doing some weak sauce type of move.

I'll give an analogy: ever been to a party or a club when the DJ starts playing a song that you really love? Then, just as you're getting ready for the best part, they cut to some other crap? To me, that's the dancing in TS4. At least, in TS2 Sims danced together and the dancing was fluid and cohesive. It wasn't the jerky start stop of TS4.

I3Ml5Om.jpg

@lasummerb

H e c k yes! Not only are the dances from get together really smooth <3 BUT, the dance they do along to the tv workout is cute too haha

@BrownGamerGurl1 Yes! I love the Fitness Stuff workout. I actually use it a lot and I love watching my Sims dance to the videos.
    edited July 2017
    Cynna wrote: »

In TS3 the Sims could dance w/ each other. I thought in general the transition was smooth too. Yes, I see what you mean by them going from the dropping it like it's hot moves back to the two step shuffle. I guess it doesn't bother me that much because overall, I like the actual dance moves best and it's stuff I've done in my own life.

This is my slow dance video from TS3. I thought it was very well done too.
    And the fast dancing from TS3 I liked the dancing in TS3, but some of those moves were kinda odd. LOL
    @Cynna

I loved TS2 in general but the smustle was kinda silly.
    edited July 2017
    @lasummerb Yup. I grew up doing the Dougie and all that stuff. It does bring back some nice memories. <3

The dancing in TS3 was decent, too. Again, they didn't just stop dancing right in the middle. I loved the slow dancing, too.
    I loved TS2 in general but the smustle was kinda silly.

The smustle in TS2 was actually one of my favorite. It was joyful and silly, just like TS2. It had that 'dance like no one is watching' kind of joy to it. That was the kind of charm that has been missing from the games that have come along since.

Different strokes, I guess. It's what makes the world interesting. :)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    @Cynna True :) My cousin and I used to dare each other to do the smustle when we went to the club. I don't think either one of ever actually did it in public though. :D
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I wish sims could drop it like it's hot tho
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    @Cynna True :) My cousin and I used to dare each other to do the smustle when we went to the club. I don't think either one of ever actually did it in public though. :D

You should have done it! Your cousin would have had blackmail material for years! :D

I3Ml5Om.jpg