Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do developers look at the forums?

2...Next

Comments

• Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Constantly. Both those who are active as SimGurus, and others who don't wish to have a public persona.
    If this is true then why did we recently get a patch that addressed 6 minor issues
    While game breaking issues that have been reported since 2015 still go unaddressed?

Terrible LAG when Detective...

If developers are interested in what a lot of Simmers are feeling, Perhaps they should start here.
    When are they going to start fixing stuff?

I'm Just hoping next time we get a patch, It's more of an actual patch and less of an advertisement
    for the newest stuff pack.

Well, the Guru can only do so munch for the game breaking issues if you want them fixed start a thread that addresses the issues and see how many of the community are having the same problem.

Just because some people may experience game breaking issues, don't mean everyone else is, and also some people may not bother reporting the issues.
    Why would I start "Another Thread"?...One of the threads i posted a link to if from 2015,
    The 2nd thread is from June 15 of this year and it addresses one of the same issues mentioned in the 2015 thread.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    We're always lurking and gathering feedback; usually silent and passive, but sometimes more vocally. We love the game and the players so we're always trying to make it better - fix stuff, add new stuff, surprise y'all, etc.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    We're always lurking and gathering feedback; usually silent and passive, but sometimes more vocally. We love the game and the players so we're always trying to make it better - fix stuff, add new stuff, surprise y'all, etc.
    I know all about lurking, IRL I raised 3 kids & a husband. :*
    Maybe someone would be so kind as to stuff some Tropical Music into your playlist, or in those Fitness Stuff Pack headphones, so you will be subconsciously thinking of Tropical things while working on game stuff, so you know,
    add new Tropical stuff
    B)

Ok, I'll stop now. >:) I'll let your subconscious be your Tropical inspiration guide... o:)

Good to know things are being seen, and hopefully, some more of those older, super-frustrating game-bugs get squashed this year...

programmer-emoticon.gif
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I bet they steal a ton of my stuff to put in the game - make it look like they thought of it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I bet they steal a ton of my stuff to put in the game - make it look like they thought of it.

Got some building ideas @plopppo2? I would hope that they could steal some of those.

Your posts generally cheer me up.

PS: I didn't vote for Laundry, (Off the Grid), but there are going to be some fine tantrums if the afficianodos don't get it. :#
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    plopppo2 wrote: »

Got some building ideas @plopppo2? I would hope that they could steal some of those.

Your posts generally cheer me up.

PS: I didn't vote for Laundry, (Off the Grid), but there are going to be some fine tantrums if the afficianodos don't get it. :#

I do - I explained to them how to install windows correctly into lots.

That really happened - I even explained to them how to do it so that they didn't continue making the same mistakes.
    edited June 2017
    In fact, here is the thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910064/house-builders-including-maxis-really-do-need-to-use-sims-as-a-guide-not-your-eyes
    When building a house (with windows) - make a Sim go inside and stand near the window - then you can see if the window is realistic compared to the Sim.

It really is that simple - use a Sim as a reference point.

If it looks ridiculous, then it probably is.

I know some people specifically want windows that are out of alignment - but there are many houses where this is clearly a blunder by the creator of the house - including Maxis.

In general, in real-life, most people can at least see out of the windows in their house.

Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek is a good example of this:
    The front windows are at a correct height - the rest of them are ridiculous - go stand a Sim next to them.

This sloppiness with windows needs to end.

Crick Cabana is the same, etc, etc.

I have stayed silent for too long; however, some houses have a lot of windows that I have to manually correct.

I would have thought it was obvious with regard to positioning a window.

Use a Sim as a reference point.
    Ordinarily, I have to explain things to them. If I was speaking then I would speak slowly.

It is hard to type slowly - it is not the same as speaking slowly.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    @plopppo2 Maybe then you could have a word about not being able to put curtains on windowed corners or on windows next to a door on a corner. They haven't taken any notice of me. We in the uk are into our privacy. :)
    edited June 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @plopppo2 Maybe then you could have a word about not being able to put curtains on windowed corners or on windows next to a door on a corner. They haven't taken any notice of me. We in the uk are into our privacy. :)
    They do that on purpose - it's their way of keeping us in our place.

There are no reasons why we cannot do it - other than being forbidden to do it; however, we as a community, realised that we could use the power of MOO to fight back against the hostility.

So, we basically fought back and won.

Using MOO is basically no different than me having to MANUALLY correct their highly aggressive window placements.

Together, as a strong community unit, we will learn to deflect everything like water off a duck's back.
    ps.

I would have given us toddlers in the base game.

Isn't that such a nice thing - such a pleasant, non-aggressive, tactic? I would have handed them over and bonded the community at base-game level.

28.6% of launch Simmers walked away and never came back.

Most of them are probably in the TS3 forum.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    One of them stole my powers system idea for Vampires. Still waiting on my check.

I jest of course, but I really did suggest a powers system earlier (was pushing for that Superheroes expansion idea and argued powers can be used to diversify a sim) and I can't help but wonder if someone gave my push for powers a read.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Sakuracha wrote: »
    I feel like if they did then the game would be 10x better. I don't see the point in giving ideas if they will never be read

They do Graham said he checks all the sections even the speculation threads. He especially checks ideas corner.