Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll ever get another empty world?

Comments

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >

> Players that think selfishly and complain about every little thing that doesn't fit the way they play, is the reason they stop doing nice things for the players. People requested an empty world and they gave us one, but other people who couldn't be bothered to go to the effort of downloading lots to fill it, ruined it with all their complaining. If you would reread the title, it specifies an EMPTY world, not a filled world. If you only want a filled world, this is not the thread for you.

The whole purpose of a forum is to discuss, and the purpose of discussion is not to sit around with people who agree with you and stroke each other's chickens, to put it nicely. :)

One empty world is fine. If I don't want a second one to be added I'm allowed to come in here and say that. If you don't express your opinions then you end up getting features you don't want. It isn't even a selfish opinion. It's so easy to just make a world empty on your own if you want it to be that way. Filling newcrest is laborious, and adding a second empty world on top of it to fill would be even more so.

I don't get the issue at all. Instead of adding an empty world, they throw lots on it. People that don't want the lots can delete them. What about this idea has you so shaken up?

I want more lots to play with overall. I like playing with the townies and pre-made houses, as well as new gallery content, and the occasional residence or community lot I create myself. If I bulldoze a neighborhood, I lose the pre-made houses that I can move NPC's into, and later play the NPC's. I like having a save with 4 restaurants, 3 spas, 1 or 2 bowling alleys, 4 retail lots, 1 gym per neighborhood, 1 traditional bar per neighborhood, 1 nightclub per neighborhood, 1 museum per neighborhood, 1 café per neighborhood, 1 or 2 parks per neighborhood, special venues like karaoke clubs and the ruins in certain neighborhoods, and the rest residences. Too bad the vampy neighborhood only has 4 lots, but I'd rather not bulldoze the 2 that the premade Sims live in. (The 4th lot makes a good park/cemetery or nightclub spot.)

Some of my saves don't even have room for the bowling alley, nor any more residences because I have filled up all the lots. Besides, you would think an empty world would be easier to create than one with premade lots and Sims on it. I hate to move premade Sims out.
    Finally, if a world is empty, players can build what they want, where they want, especially if Maxis puts the premade lots in the player's library, like they did with the spas, the restaurants, and the bowling alley.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    > @SimSara said:
    >
    > > @Dannydanbo said:
    > > It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.
    >
    > filling newcrest is a lot of effort. what isn't a lot of effort is bulldozing the lots in a world if you want it to be empty.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welllll I'm willing to put forth the effort to build houses and community buildings so that people who aren't into the building aspect can enjoy them. I have put literally hours and hours into my builds yet you want to complain about how difficult it is to fill the lots when all you have to do is find something you like from the gallery and plop it down? Please. Also, I DO delete the vast majority of the lots to make room for new builds but am running out of space so an empty world would be appreciated.

1. Like I said earlier, the gallery is a mess.
    2. Then what is the issue with deleting the lots in a new world to make it empty? I'm trying to understand what's so difficult about that that it incites such emotion in you people. No one's answered yet so don't blame me for not being able to understand it.

If you choose not to use the gallery then that's your hang-up. There's nothing difficult about deleting the lots provided, I already said that it was something I do, however I'm running out of room. I'd rather not delete my builds and instead would like another world to fill up. I enjoyed Newcrest which seems to be an extension of Willow Run so I was wondering- hoping that they may add another empty world. I'm not emotional, I simply wanted to discuss the possibility of another world and you pretty much hijacked my post and are being very rude. If you don't like empty worlds then that's fine but why do you have to keep going on about it? It really seems like you're the one that wants to argue, I mean it was clear from my post that I actually enjoy empty worlds. What's so hard about accepting other people's opinions?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    SimSara wrote: »

If you choose not to use the gallery then that's your hang-up. There's nothing difficult about deleting the lots provided, I already said that it was something I do, however I'm running out of room. I'd rather not delete my builds and instead would like another world to fill up.

I think the point of what they're trying to say is that maxis can add a new world with maxis lots, and those who want empty worlds can simply delete those lots. There's nothing about deleting your own builds mentioned.

With that said I really don't understand the problem with that suggestion
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

If you choose not to use the gallery then that's your hang-up. There's nothing difficult about deleting the lots provided, I already said that it was something I do, however I'm running out of room. I'd rather not delete my builds and instead would like another world to fill up.

I think the point of what they're trying to say is that maxis can add a new world with maxis lots, and those who want empty worlds can simply delete those lots. There's nothing about deleting your own builds mentioned.

Time consuming now since they removed the bulldozer from the neighborhood view UI. Do you remember bulldoze was in TS2's UI didn't have to load lots individually to delete them. If you want to wipe out an entire town or district in TS4 you have to enter individually...that becomes a real pain where as an empty world is much easier to just drop houses without ever having to enter if you use the gallery or your own library. However, I still don't believe we will ever get another vacant world. Too many people cried.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Time consuming now since they removed the bulldozer from the neighborhood view UI. Do you remember bulldoze was in TS2's UI didn't have to load lots individually to delete them. If you want to wipe out an entire town or district in TS4 you have to enter individually...that becomes a real pain where as an empty world is much easier to just drop houses without ever having to enter if you use the gallery or your own library. However, I still don't believe we will ever get another vacant world. Too many people cried.

How is it any more time consuming from the perspective of someone who wanted an empty world, though?
    They would have entered the lot to build on it, regardless.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

How is it any more time consuming from the perspective of someone who wanted an empty world, though?

You can download a lot from the gallery to an empty lot without going "into" the empty lot. You get the "house being built" animation.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

It would be time consuming to go through and erase all of the existing lots. Map view doesn't offer any way to bulldoze a lot unless you load into the lot.

I'd be down for a new world, free of course. I don't particularly care if it's empty or has households in it, I erase Maxis made Sims/buildings already so it wouldn't make a difference. I wouldn't pay for just a world, I'd expect new gameplay to be included, some new features of some sort. I would never by any means pay for an empty world.

IMO Maxis has a perfectly good desert world they could retool like WC. It's doubtful that they will release another free world though. The base game is sitting pretty at 49 lots and Maxis feels that is sufficient. If they overhauled the worlds and added an editor, maybe even a creator, I would be more open to the idea of buying individual worlds.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I would love another empty world.
    I wish they would give us the ability to create and name our own worlds to add to our supply as well. Like not just edit the ones they gave us but to add more blank maps of our own design or pre-designed ones we could download and add for more lots. I mean realistically the only reason we would need to pay to have more worlds is because it takes time to design the pre-made sims and houses and the area itself.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

It would be time consuming to go through and erase all of the existing lots. Map view doesn't offer any way to bulldoze a lot unless you load into the lot.
    That's the same thing the other replier said, though. My question was how is it more time consuming to someone who was going to build on the lot, anyway? My suspicion is that people wanting an empty world are going to enter the lots to build on them anyway. It's not like the lots are being bulldozed just for the purpose of being bulldozed and making the world empty, right? It's to make room for their own lots.

As for the response about placing lots from the gallery without entering the world, I'm aware this is possible, but it kind of only adds support for the whole "why does the world need to be empty?" point.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    edited June 2017

That's the same thing the other replier said, though. My question was how is it more time consuming to someone who was going to build on the lot, anyway? My suspicion is that people wanting an empty world are going to enter the lots to build on them anyway. It's not like the lots are being bulldozed just for the purpose of being bulldozed and making the world empty, right? It's to make room for their own lots.

As for the response about placing lots from the gallery without entering the world, I'm aware this is possible, but it kind of only adds support for the whole "why does the world need to be empty?" point.

Well I can only answer from my own experience, and from my own experience yes the lots are bulldozed just to empty out the world. I do not play with Maxis made buildings at all in any world, with the exception of the city world where I can't erase the apartments - and that really, really bothers me.

Regardless of me building on any lot in the future, the purpose of erasing them is to get rid of the builds that I will not use and that will eventually be filled with a random townie. I build my own lots/venues I would build my own world if we had the ability. I don't use the gallery very often, as nice as a lot of the content on there is I find a large number of them completely unusable due to MOO cheat being used incorrectly.

So yes it is a time consuming thing to do, I'm not complaining because I do choose to erase all Maxis made stuff, but previously the option to bulldoze lots was available in map view and it would be appreciated if it was in this game too. It would make playing my way a little less time consuming and tedious.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't think we will see another free world we only got Newcrest because they sent out a 4 lot "world" with Get to Work to give people actual space to build retail.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Well I can only answer from my own experience, and from my own experience yes the lots are bulldozed just to empty out the world. I do not play with Maxis made buildings at all in any world, with the exception of the city world where I can't erase the apartments - and that really, really bothers me.

Regardless of me building on any lot in the future, the purpose of erasing them is to get rid of the builds that I will not use and that will eventually be filled with a random townie. I build my own lots/venues I would build my own world if we had the ability. I don't use the gallery very often, as nice as a lot of the content on there is I find a large number of them completely unusable due to MOO cheat being used incorrectly.

So yes it is a time consuming thing to do, I'm not complaining because I do choose to erase all Maxis made stuff, but previously the option to bulldoze lots was available in map view and it would be appreciated if it was in this game too. It would make playing my way a little less time consuming and tedious.

While we are on the subject, I would like the option in map view to remove all buidings, all trees, all shrubs etc. etc. lol World Editor would be welcomed. A sub menu to replace all pink trees with oak trees etc. Just a little more innovation to start.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

I don't mean to drag this topic off point, so I won't, but the gist of what I was saying (since I don't think it was understood) is that if you're going to be building on the lot anyway, entering build mode to bulldoze the lot isn't much of an extra "time-consuming" step aside from hitting the "bulldoze" key before you start building.
    I'll leave the subject alone though from here on out since it seems to be a bit touchy for reasons unbeknownst to me :pensive:
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

I don't mean to drag this topic off point, so I won't, but the gist of what I was saying (since I don't think it was understood) is that if you're going to be building on the lot anyway, entering build mode to bulldoze the lot isn't much of an extra "time-consuming" step aside from hitting the "bulldoze" key before you start building.
    I'll leave the subject alone though from here on out since it seems to be a bit touchy for reasons unbeknownst to me :pensive:

No I understood what you were saying and answered the question. "What difference does it make to bulldoze all lots versus just bulldozing when you need to" and I answered that I do not play with Maxis lots, I bulldoze them. To do that it requires me to load into each and every lot and then bulldoze and load back to map view afterward. It's a process that would be much simpler if there was an option to bulldoze from the map screen.

You are the one who doesn't seem to understand. It's not that I'm instantly going to start building on every lot I bulldoze - quite the opposite actually I typically don't nail down a building style until I actually build something. Anything else in the world is just taking up space. You know? Kind of reversing the question, why leave a lot if I'm going to bulldoze it in the future? I'm not touchy at all here, unless that comment wasn't directed at me.
    edited June 2017
    You are the one who doesn't seem to understand. It's not that I'm instantly going to start building on every lot I bulldoze - quite the opposite actually I typically don't nail down a building style until I actually build something.
    Well that sort of explains it, I guess. I wasn't aware you were bulldozing the lots just to watch them sit empty until you figure out what to do with them. Nothing wrong with that, I just wouldn't have come to such a conclusion on my own because it just sounds like such a strange thing to do.
    Anything else in the world is just taking up space. You know?
    How's it taking up space if you hadn't intended to do anything with the land yet, anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kind of reversing the question, why leave a lot if I'm going to bulldoze it in the future?
    Uhh, so that your world isn't empty, and you have something to do in the world before you get around to replacing the lots you don't like. At least that's what I would do if I were remaking a world.
    I'm not touchy at all here, unless that comment wasn't directed at me.
    It wasn't directed specifically towards you, it was more of a general observation.
    OP says "Hey, how about some new empty worlds!"
    someone replies "Great idea, but maybe they could add some lots to those worlds, so that we don't all have to spend hours setting up new saves!", the general response is "STOP BEING LAZY, IT WOULDN'T BE THE SAME, WE NEED A BLANK CANVAS!"
    I didn't expect the subject to be so sensitive, but apparently it is! Maybe it's something to do with some sort of hidden rivalry between players and builders? I have no idea.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    @CyrusTheLoser Stupid rivalry if thats what it is lmao Not an ounce of me has patience for building and im just fine with empty lots. I love shopping through the exchange and finding cute stuff to place and my Newcrest looks different in every save. I love it :)
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited June 2017
    @CyrusTheLoser plum rivalry if thats what it is lmao Not an ounce of me has patience for building and im just fine with empty lots. I love shopping through the exchange and finding cute stuff to place and my Newcrest looks different in every save. I love it :)

That's great! So then lots already being there wouldn't really affect your drag and drop process, would it? ;)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • kitty4118812kitty4118812 Posts: 45 Member
    I desperately want both prebuilt worlds and empty worlds, it's that or just a world builder, where we can create our own world, even if it's something super dumbed down from Sims 3. Like pick your background from four or five options (Mods would offer us more sooner or later) and then pick which style we want for lots. Like Newcrest with three hubs, Oasis Springs with six hubs, etc all set up with the same layouts. Then we would have to fill the world ourselves, but at least we'd be able to choose how many worlds we have. Oh, and of course I don't think I'd be able to live without being able to create new vacation worlds. That's what we need more than even just a regular world. I don't know how much longer I can live without a vacation world.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    > @SimSara said:
    >
    > > @Dannydanbo said:
    > > It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.
    >
    > filling newcrest is a lot of effort. what isn't a lot of effort is bulldozing the lots in a world if you want it to be empty.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welllll I'm willing to put forth the effort to build houses and community buildings so that people who aren't into the building aspect can enjoy them. I have put literally hours and hours into my builds yet you want to complain about how difficult it is to fill the lots when all you have to do is find something you like from the gallery and plop it down? Please. Also, I DO delete the vast majority of the lots to make room for new builds but am running out of space so an empty world would be appreciated.

1. Like I said earlier, the gallery is a mess.
    2. Then what is the issue with deleting the lots in a new world to make it empty? I'm trying to understand what's so difficult about that that it incites such emotion in you people. No one's answered yet so don't blame me for not being able to understand it.

Maybe it is because EA could put out empty worlds a lot faster and cheaper than filled worlds?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @ladybreid said:
    > I hope we get an architecture stuff pack that will come with a larger world with some bigger lots.

I second that ladybreid,
    Just leave it blank, give us what they use to make the city /worlds like water and waterfalls everything and size the lots yourself. we need larger worlds. and larger cities, our city San Myshu no is small. I would love to go there if it was more to do one each lot.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't think they will release another empty world like Newcrest.

This world was released because we complained about the lack of lot, and Magnolia Promenade was a shame.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    > I don't think they will release another empty world like Newcrest.
    >
    > This world was released because we complained about the lack of lot, and Magnolia Promenade was a shame.

I do not like the layout of Newcrest.
    The park should have been 50X50 and in the center, then they needed a downtown area. also, it has a lot of little lot's set up sideways. The main thing is when we do get it if we do. I hope we will be able to see it, also be able to use it. like, go for a walk using direction on our screen like go straight or turn. that way we can enjoy the neighborhood, as it is now we only see it when we jog, with no control. to even stop turn or jog again or walk back home. a little more player free will is needed in the new empty world. and do not cut out our lots let it be free for us as we will.
    Also would be good to have a choice of seasons like fall autumn, winter even a winter with Christmas decoration, also one that is a beach with water we can swim or fish in. Not just the same thing over and over. Charge us, people do not mind paying for what they want.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    I just finally started on Sims 4 and I would really love more empty towns. Or at least for Forgotten Hollow and San Myshuno to be decently sized.
    @CyrusTheLoser Nope it wouldnt. I already bulldoze lots im not going to use anyway. Like my royals game, i had to mow down basically all the bigger premade lots to fit their palaces hahaha i customize them however i want anyway. I just want more worlds to play in whether theres premade stuff or not.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World