Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Childish dad's and their children's toys

NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
This is about to drive me up the wall, dad has a childish trait and keeps taking the toys from all the toy boxes and keeping them in his inventory. He even steals toys from other children! The horror! The outrage! *Thief Thief!

Sometimes I am not even sure where he got the toy from so I have to go around the houses and just drop them off where I think they came from. Maybe we need a return toy in mail option or something.

He does not have the *klepto trait, he just thinks all the toys belong to him. Childish indeed!
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim

Comments

• Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'm sorry, but I honestly have to laugh lmao.....underneath that though, if it happened to me more than once as I'm sure it has to you, I'd be annoyed with it too. Sorry this has been happening. Have you tried going to EA's site to see if any others have had this issue concerning the childish trait? If not go to the answer HQ EA has. If it's not there, post about it unless @rosemow or @luthienrising have some insight here.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    It sounds like it is the result of having the childish trait, but the trait 's effect is strong.

Haha strong indeed. So many toys, I just wish he would put them back, but he never does. (he isnt lazy)
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    @Nectere, I agree -- a good father with the Childish trait would play with the toys and put them back *unless* he had the lazy or slob, or klepto traits. So it is not his playing with the toys that is upsetting you, but the fact that he "steals" them and then YOU have to tediously replace them all! :/
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Does he even play with them before putting them in his own inventory? This did crack me up reading it as well. Now I want a dad with a childish trait just to see what happens.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Sorry this is happening to you. . . But it is comical :joy:

I haven't used the childish trait yet. I'm saving it for when I make a sim of my irl half sister. Yep, it fits her perfectly
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Lol. My childish dad swept up his toddler's toy that he'd just received as a birthday present in the mail and just started shamelessly playing with it whilst his toddler was stood right there next to him. :'( Yeah, Timothy, that's what you get for spilling paint all over the floor! Whilst I was telling you off for the previous paint you spilled on the floor! And you kept spilling it on my gdarn shoes not even frickin' blinking or showing any sign of guilt whatsoever.

Daddy, please, I've learned my lesson, gimmie back me toy...

No! This is a very serious matter. Daddy must confiscate allll the toys for your bad behaviour!

But.. I haven't even done anything wrong this time daddy!

Shuuush. I'll have the entirety of your toy box tonight or else.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I'm 'suffering' because of the childish dad lately, too. The trait influence is VERY strong. He could do nothing else, but play. The thing that also bothers me is that Sims in general always put the toys back to a toy chest, even though they took them from a shelf. I wish they put them back on shelves so I could use toys as decoration too.
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    @Nectere, I agree -- a good father with the Childish trait would play with the toys and put them back *unless* he had the lazy or slob, or klepto traits. So it is not his playing with the toys that is upsetting you, but the fact that he "steals" them and then YOU have to tediously replace them all! :/

Yes, if he would just put them back after playing with them it would be great! Its cute, he sits down and plays with the toys just like a child would and gets all the appropriate little animations, then he puts the toy in his pocket and walks off (inventory). Then I have to figure out where the toy came from. I guess thats what I get for making my x and his 3 baby mommas. :neutral:

Shuuush. I'll have the entirety of your toy box tonight or else.

Yeeees! Exactly!

Its weird to see him randomly whip out a toy car or tentacle tom and just start playing with it mid schmexy time. 'Stop that Richard, we are trying to make something happen here!'
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Now just add the insane trait to the childish trait and the toys will talk back to dad!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Now just add the insane trait to the childish trait and the toys will talk back to dad!

Well, that will be the second half of his life - he is just about there now in fact!
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @Nectere said:
    Well, that will be the second half of his life - he is just about there now in fact!

A Sim with a mid-life crisis? lol
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Nectere said:

A Sim with a mid-life crisis? lol

Yep!, I so wish we could have a world like granite falls to live in. I suppose I could put him on permanent vacation there somehow. If only we had off the grid.
    His life is about to turn deliriously upside down and somehow he will be insanely happy for it. hehe o:)
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Nectere wrote: »
    Yep!, I so wish we could have a world like granite falls to live in. I suppose I could put him on permanent vacation there somehow. If only we had off the grid.
    His life is about to turn deliriously upside down and somehow he will be insanely happy for it. hehe o:)

Too bad you couldn't remove the hermit and replace it with him. So whenever you do have someone visit Granite Falls in your game and encounter the hermit, they'd come across your insanely childish mid-life crisis dad who has been collecting toys.

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Nectere wrote: »

Too bad you couldn't remove the hermit and replace it with him. So whenever you do have someone visit Granite Falls in your game and encounter the hermit, they'd come across your insanely childish mid-life crisis dad who has been collecting toys.

That is the most awesome idea ever.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    I'm 'suffering' because of the childish dad lately, too. The trait influence is VERY strong. He could do nothing else, but play. The thing that also bothers me is that Sims in general always put the toys back to a toy chest, even though they took them from a shelf. I wish they put them back on shelves so I could use toys as decoration too.

@HelenaWiktoria , I agree! sometimes we strategically place toys as decorative objects and our Sims are plumb bent on putting them in the toybox! :# And its not just the Neat Sims (although they are the worst about it :s )! LOL ;)
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    @PugLove888 Right? Don't even get me started on the maids and toys! ;)
    @PugLove888 Right? Don't even get me started on the maids and toys! ;)

So true, @HelenaWiktoria , so true! :(;)