Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley Remodel

So, I have been very slowly (only when I feel up to it) remodeling and rebuilding a lot of the houses in Sunset Valley. What started off as fun turned into a headache--with me sighing all the time what have I gotten myself into? Sunday I started working on Summer Hill Court and the Wolff residence. These are my results. I was pretty happy with them! Enjoy!

A large Tudor-ish style manor house in the center lot of Summer Hill Court.
MYx7Wq6.jpg
bXKFDwh.jpg
jL5OOOy.jpg
bZBX5UV.jpg

An ostentatious palladian-inspired mansion on the old Landgraab lot:
fBaz9Tm.jpg
hVCDbbe.jpg
QT5ulyQ.jpg

A chateau-esque Second Empire dwelling where the Alto residence once stood:
qfhfALs.jpg
VG88QII.jpg

And a slightly beachy manor for the Wolffs to move into where their modern house was:
S7mF9WO.jpg
aO7SiYi.jpg

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I love your remodels. The original houses are so strange. They are so huge and spread out but very few bedrooms.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @RodJohn Nice job <3 now Thorton has a great place to retire too when he cheats on his wife with Jamie Jolina.Plenty of room for his Jamie baby army.

@CravenLestat Couldn't decide whether to hit 'insightful' or 'lol' but then remembered we don't have 'lol' anymore so insightful won out.

P.S. Jamie Jolina, pfffft

• deszinkdeszink Posts: 3 New Member
    Looks great! I love big houses and manors, but people usually make them TOO big or 'complicated'(with many small, wierd room, overly furnished etc.) I like the relative simplicity of these, combindes with luxurious design, good job :-) Have you uploaded them to the Gallery?
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    deszink wrote: »
    Looks great! I love big houses and manors, but people usually make them TOO big or 'complicated'(with many small, wierd room, overly furnished etc.) I like the relative simplicity of these, combindes with luxurious design, good job :-) Have you uploaded them to the Gallery?

I haven't, but I certainly will! Be on the lookout later this afternoon. I have a ton of other builds featured in the "what happened in your sims game today" thread that I can upload as well.
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I love your remodels. The original houses are so strange. They are so huge and spread out but very few bedrooms.

I know what you mean! The old Landgraab house was huge but literally only had three bedrooms. Ridiculous! I moved them back in to the new one and it has 5 if I can remember correctly.
  • EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    Looks great! Sometimes we set our self something to do or a challenge and then half way we think why did start this! But at the end it'll all be worth it :) I do agree though the base game houses have open plan downstairs but then upstairs it's a bit of a let down the rooms are small or there just isn't enough in proportion to the rest of the house. Makes you think why would them make the downstairs so big if theres not many bedrooms to have sims live there?