Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Love or Money - Epilogue: What Comes Next

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 3 Stories and Legacies
06-26-17_2-20-53%25C2%25A0PM.png
What is For Love or Money?

For Love or Money is an obscure real-life reality show that aired in the early 2000’s. It’s similar to most reality dating shows, but with a twist: the contestants may be in it to win the bachelor(ette)’s love, or to win a certain amount of money. Choosing love will cause the winning contestant to forfeit his or her cash prize, while choosing money will forbid any further contact with the season’s bachelor(ette).

In this game, I will use the Season 3 format. Each contestant will be assigned a random monetary value ranging from 1 to 1 million simoleons. They will be oblivious to the amount, but the show’s Bachelor will know each girl’s prize. This will influence his decision on whom to eliminate. Once he picks a girl in the finale, the girl will either choose to be with the bachelor (love), or receive her cash prize, whose value she doesn’t know. If she chooses the bachelor, the bachelor in turn can decide if he chooses her back, or if he’ll take her monetary prize instead.

How do I enter?

You can secure a slot on the show on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as you express interest while there are available slots, you’re in. The show will be played in The Sims 4. I will accept 8 female sims. Please provide the following information:

• Picture
• Name
• Age (in human years)
• Traits
• Biography/background
• CC links (if any)
• Your Origin gallery ID

Here are a few restrictions:
• Must be a Young Adult or an Adult
• Must have minimal CC. A few pieces are okay, but don’t overdo it.
• Must not be offensive. Any form of bigotry in appearance or in background will not be accepted.
• Must be fresh out of CAS. I might have challenges that rely on how sims perform in in-game tasks, so it wouldn’t be fair if your sim already has traits or skills that could help.

Once you’ve posted your sim, you need to message me in private whether your girl is playing for love or for money. You can message me throughout the show to change this as the situation evolves.

How will the game work?

The game will actually require minimal to no input from the creators. I will be adapting some of the rules of the Bachelor challenge for this game, with a few added twists. Each contestant will be assigned a cash prize as mentioned earlier, which will be kept secret from the sims and the players themselves (for suspense). Possible amounts include:

• $1
• $25,000
• $50,000
• $100,000
• $250,000
• $500,000
• $750,000
• $1,000,000

The sims operate on free will for the most part, where the contestants’ goal is to become closer to the bachelor. As per the Bachelor rules, the bachelor may be directed to perform actions on other contestants if he rolls a whim for it, or during group and one-on-one dates. Every few days, there will be an elimination ceremony, where one girl will end up leaving the show until only two are left.

During elimination, the girls will be ranked based on their relationship points with the bachelor, whose values will be kept secret for suspense. The top half will be safe for that round. The bottom half will then be ranked by their cash prize amounts. The girl with the smallest cash prize will be eliminated. You can think of it as the bachelor keeping around the girls he’s not as close to for their money.

During the finale, the bachelor will choose the girl he has the highest relationship with. HOWEVER. If the girl chooses the bachelor, I will use a formula to decide whether the bachelor reciprocates or simply wants her money. It will go:
Friendship score + Romance score – (30 x (girl’s cash prize/maximum possible prize))
The result of this formula must at least be 140 for the bachelor to choose the girl. I won’t be revealing the exact value—only the bachelor’s decision. A girl with a larger cash prize will suffer a bigger penalty in this situation. Think of it as a bigger prize presenting a stronger temptation, which means the bachelor and the girl in question must be really close for him to forego such a huge amount.

Occasionally there will be challenges that could give your contestant an advantage, such as a one-on-one date with the bachelor, or revealing your cash prize. These challenges will be based on how your sims perform in in-game tasks. Occasionally I might have a challenge that requires your input. If you don’t respond in a reasonable amount of time, I’ll be forced to randomize or respond based on your sim’s character. But for the most part, you can sit back and relax as you watch how well your sim does in seducing the bachelor. B)

The Bachelor

This is Landon Barnes. He’s a nature boy who grew up in a lake house by the forest. And he’s here to win big.
06_20_17_2_33_18_AM.png

What packs do you own?

As of the moment, I have all the packs (including the Deluxe edition and Holiday items) except Vampires and Fitness Stuff.

If you use content from packs I do not own, I will try my best to come up with a good substitute.

Good luck! If you have any questions, ask away. :)
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
Post edited by icmnfrsh on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited August 2017
    Contestants
    1. Kate Tate, lovesstorms/Lo, Fifth Eliminated, §1
    2. Ariella Reid, kittymeow, Winner, Both chose love, §1,000,000
    3. Bootsie Leghorn, Idontrcall/Lala, Fourth Eliminated, §750,000
    4. Pricilla Pettit, princess2109, Runner up, §250,000
    5. Crystal Harper, Alleenmens/Alleen, Third Eliminated, §100,000
    6. Linda Pierce, Sonschi, Fifth Eliminated, §500,000
    7. Jeannie Hemming, YJB19299/Yannik, First Eliminated, §50,000
    8. Rosetta Storm, TheRoseHorse, Second Eliminated, §25,000

35340038430_ed94b5a859_c.jpg
    Name: Kate Tate
    Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Romantic
    Biography/background:
    Kate Tate's life was rough at birth. As some would say, she grew up on the wrong side of the tracks in San Myshuno. Gangs still run in her neighborhood and her parents fought hard to keep her family out of them. They were poor and could barely afford the schooling they all received. Extras like dental and doctors were rarely part of life unless it was a true emergency. Being the middle of six, she was ignored frequently. Her oldest brother became part of the gang life and was killed at the age of 16 within a few years of joining. When her second oldest brother also became part of the same gang and was killed, too, she vowed to never be part of the evil gangs and helped coax other siblings to stay away from them as well. Eventually, her whole family moved away from the neighborhood and found a better place to live.

Now, she owns her own design studio and creates clothing, shoes, and other accessories for her shop. She and her family live in Willow Creek now where life is quieter and not so terrifying. Every Saturday, her group Tate's Crew goes around her old neighborhood helping anyone who needs assistance. This could mean helping to reshingle a roof, mending a fence, painting a house, mowing a lawn, cleaning up graffiti, or anything else that her old neighbors need help doing. This could mean she needs to hire a crew of electricians to come in or plumbers or whoever. It doesn't matter. Her group is funded by her shop among other businesses who want to help show the gangs that they don't own the neighborhood.

She still lives with her family who helps in her shop or has their own careers. They all work together to maintain the home they live in and help take care of their aging. The house is separated into different wings for privacy. After the tragedies of their past, their family is too important to break apart. She may be a little older than many of the contestants, but she's worked hard to get to where she is now and is ready to settle down and have a family.

If she wins the heart of the bachelor, she hopes he'll at least give her family a chance before deciding against living with them. If he doesn't want to, perhaps she can convince him to at least live in the same city. Maintaining contact with her family and her old neighborhood is very important to her. She hopes he'll understand and try to care as she would with what's important to him.

JXErWCg.png
    Name: Ariella Reid
    Traits: Romantic, Cheerful and Clumsy.
    Biography/background:
    Growing up Ariella always had a need to help others, she regulary volunteers to help people in need. She brightens many peoples day with her fun and cheerful personality though she is known to be a little clumsy sometimes. She dreams of finding her soulmate so she decided to join For Love or Money in hopes of maybe finding the one, but will her cute personality and innocent looks deceive Landon?

06-23-17_1-45-40nbspPM_zpsmh6ptvka.png
    Name: Bootsie Leghorn
    Traits: Self-Assured, Geek, Loves Outdoors
    Biography/background:
    Bootsie studied aerospace engineering but left college in her junior year to pursue gemology. She likes sparkly things. Bootsie is an only child. She likes jazz, Asian-fusion cooking, and long walks on the beach. She does not have a gym membership, but doesn't mind those that do. She once had a pet frog named Pedro, but he didn't last too long after she took a course in French Cuisine at the local community college one summer.

2s8ptfn.jpg
    Name: Pricilla Pettit
    Traits: Perfectionist, Outgoing, Childish ((Quick-Learner))
    Biography/background:
    Enter Pricilla Pettit, a young girl whose taking time off from her nursing degree just to be here. Growing up, Pri didn't exactly have the perfect nuclear family. She was raised by her father and mother up until she was about five years old. Just before starting kindergarten her parents had a huge falling out and by the time she could properly tell something was amiss her parents were getting a divorce. The battle over her ended with her mother having her for one week, and her father the next. At such a young age the back and forth quickly became exhausting and much preferred staying with her dad. As she grew up she was given very conflicting views of what caused the divorce. Her mother telling her that her father was repressed and couldn't keep his you-know-what in his pants. Her father preached to her that it was okay to discover your sexuality whenever it maybe. It took him nearly 30 years to figure it out and that was okay. Pri loved both her parents and her step-parents too. Her mother's new finance was a huge dork and started the nickname Pri. Her father's boyfriend was really caring and brought out the absolute best in her father. It was hard to be mad at her parents when they looked so happy now. She made it through elementary and middle school with only minimal teasing, but things seemed to have really escalated when she hit high school. It was like everyone had a problem with her because she had four loving parental figures. If she brought her mother and her fiancé to one event and her father and his boyfriend to another event, people just assumed that she was lying to them about who her parents were. Pri really struggled to make friends in these times, everyone thought she was a big fat liar. Literally. She was starting to gain some serious weight and it really weighted down on her somedays. She eventually found friends in the form of three amazing people. A boy with lilac hair who didn't mind walking around holding hands with boys or girls, a girl with blonde hair who was still grieving over her sisters deaths after all these years, and someone who didn't conform to gender roles. They were the best friends Pri could have ever wanted and it was all she needed to hold her head high throughout high school.

Coming up to today, Pri is attending Sim State University for Neonatal nursing and keeps in touch with her friends best she can.

((Her braces are due to an alinement issue that was causing her jaw to lock up on some occasions. While getting adjusted to them she has a small lisp that affects her 's' sounds))

2m60da9.png
    Name: Crystal Harper
    Traits: Self-Assured, Creative, Outgoing
    Biography/background:
    Crystal was born in a family of 4. Her dad, mom and older brother Daniel… Her dad was the headmaster of the local school and her mother was also a teacher… Hopefully that is not what she want to become… Haha… Her brother started in the military when he left school 4 years ago… Chrystal is still busy with her science and medicine degree… Hopefully one day she will be a medical doctor.
    She is a very friendly person and make friends very quickly… She will be friends with all the good girls in the house. She doesn’t like people that’s mean or evil…

29-06-17_15-12-18.png?w=825
    Name: Linda Pierce
    Traits: Outgoing, Neat, Music Lover
    Biography/background:
    Growing up in a suburb of San Myshuno, Linda was a happy child. She has no siblings because her parents adopted her as she was still a baby.
    Now in her mid twenties, Linda feels like it's time to find her Mr. Right. There is just one thing she's a bit scared about: her taste in music. She doesn't look like it but Linda loves rock and metal music. Her looks combined with her taste in music have chased away almost every guy she liked so far. Either he didn't like her music or he was looking for a "real" metal head.
    Hopefully, the show will help her meet the one she can spend her life with.

ocy9fzgq1h28.png
    Name: Jeannie Hemming
    Traits: Romantic, Creative and Good
    Biography/background:
    Jeannie is a young fashion blogger from San Myshuno, she believes that fashion is a way to express feelings and emotions and can make people feel better and individual. Although she is a good looking girl, she still hasn't got a boyfriend, that is why she applied for this show, she hopes to finally find her true love. She loves to help other people and believes in the good sight of every people :)

mb9F8Lf.png
    Name: Rosetta Storm
    Traits: Gloomy, Loves Outdoors, and Loner.
    Biography/background:
    Rosetta is an emotional sim who lost her parents at a young age due to a car accident. Rosetta was with her parents, but she managed to survive with severe wounds, which eventually healed. Once she was released from the hospital, she was put in an orphanage. When she turned 18, she was released into the outside world where she was homeless until she moved into her friend's new house at the age of 20. Due to being homeless for 2 years, she loves being in the outdoors alone and listening to the birds in the trees while she fished. Rosetta dreams of moving into her own house one day, but maybe she'll also meet that special someone. Only time will tell.
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Tagging @lovesstorms because you expressed interest. ;)

Also, admittedly, I only remember certain parts of the show (it's been over a decade after all), and I can't find any clips online, so I'll be winging certain parts. I don't remember how the elimination ceremonies looked, so I'll just invent my own aesthetic.

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Absolutely. I'll work on a sim tonight, if I have time. Or at least in the next few days. :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Absolutely. I'll work on a sim tonight, if I have time. Or at least in the next few days. :D

Awesome. It'll take a while to start (I still need to plan out the days and come up with a house) so just take your time. :)

Is there an eye CC you already use in-game? If so, can you give me the link so I can use it in my game to set up her eyes? Or skin, too, if you use something?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    What is this :D Nevermind me I'll check the rules real fast :p
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    What is this :D Nevermind me I'll check the rules real fast :p

It's like one of those Bachelor-type shows where you put you put sims on free will and the ones with the lowest relationship scores get eliminated. But there are a few twists. :p

Is there an eye CC you already use in-game? If so, can you give me the link so I can use it in my game to set up her eyes? Or skin, too, if you use something?

None, really.

icmnfrsh wrote: »

None, really.

Ok. So, I have to have eyes. Because Ea's stink. I'll do 3 pieces. Is that too much? Or would you rather have 2?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

None, really.

Ok. So, I have to have eyes. Because Ea's stink. I'll do 3 pieces. Is that too much? Or would you rather have 2?

That's fine. :) As long as they're not default replacements.

None, really.

That's fine. :) As long as they're not default replacements.

Never. I'm doing 2 because I can use reg lipstick. Fun times! Thanks!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Meeee!! I'll get a girl in tomorrow for this!! :)
    Landon look awesome btw! :)
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Landon look awesome btw! :)

Thanks! :) I originally made him for a different challenge, but when I decided to host my own, I thought he'd be perfect for the role of bachelor.

Okay, I've planned out the days and challenges for the show. There will be 20 days total. You'll find out what each one entails as the show goes on. ;)

edited June 2017
    Excited!! Going in game soon to make my sim, would you prefer no cc? :)
    I hope more people do this!!

I'll just go with no cc for a challenge, I don't often make sims without! :D
    JXErWCg.png
    DM9Xm1Q.png

Name: Ariella Reid
    Traits: Romantic, Cheerful and Clumsy.
    Biography/background:
    Growing up Ariella always had a need to help others, she regulary volunteers to help people in need. She brightens many peoples day with her fun and cheerful personality though she is known to be a little clumsy sometimes. She dreams of finding her soulmate so she decided to join For Love or Money in hopes of maybe finding the one, but will her cute personality and innocent looks deceive Landon?
    CC links (if any): None
    Your Origin gallery ID: Sophaloaf123
    edited June 2017
    Sorry if the bio is bad I'm awful at writing them lol
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Sorry if the bio is bad I'm awful at writing them lol

No, it's fine. :) I'll work with whatever you guys come up with. Ariella looks good. I can't wait to see how she'll get along with Landon. :)

Btw, don't forget to PM me whether Ariella is playing for love or money. :)@kittymeow

I did make her the other night, but then last night, I was busy with other stuff (like a new avi...lol). I'll try super hard to finish her tonight and get this set up since I'll be gone tomorrow night until Sunday.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    I did make her the other night, but then last night, I was busy with other stuff (like a new avi...lol). I'll try super hard to finish her tonight and get this set up since I'll be gone tomorrow night until Sunday.

Alright. We're still waiting for more people to join so there's no rush

Join, people. This sounds like a lot of fun. Plus there isn't much you have to do.

img_2256.gif
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Join, people. This sounds like a lot of fun. Plus there isn't much you have to do.

img_2256.gif

Yessss