Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

******** UPDATE****** APOLOGY ****NOT HAPPY AT ALL ECO STUFF PACK******** UPDATE****** APOLOGY

Sims_4funnSims_4funn Posts: 103 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Based on the comments/feedback I received from you all I decided to go back and take another look. I was under the impression that laundry was not only guaranteed but also in the pictures from the survey!!! I was wrong.... And I am actually very happy I am wrong :):D I don't feel hoodwinked LOL!!! *****See Picks Below****** that the Laundry was ALWAYS just a possibility. MY apologies to the GURUS/EA/MAXIS... I read wrong.... My bad and Laundry was NEVER in the PICTURES of any survey.

Soooo I'm not happy at all!! Kinda Frustrated and Disappointed that Washer and Dry Will Not be a default in the pack... I chose Eco because that is what was originally shown in the first survey and was the only reason I picked it. I think that it was VERY misleading by the GURUS/MAXIS/EA to sell it that way and then say OH, you gotta vote it in.... Well NEW FLASH TURKEY!! I ALREADY DID!!! Not fair at all and I will be some kinda you know what if I dont get a washer and dryer. All this other stuff is amazing as well but you didn't put it in the first survey... I call foul play.. Not Cool at all. Any how the fact that there is a petition (that I have signed) for laundry stuff/washer and dryer... All of us want laundry... Saw our dream come true... almost. And now prolly wont see it until who knows when if at all if the majority wont vote for Laundry/Washer and Dryer.... What a let down... Any, How. I've ranted enough.... :#:'(:'(:'(:s

*****JUST A POSSIBILITY*******
Capture%252B_2017-06-19-09-44-40.png

*******NO EVIDENCE OF LAUNDRY AT ALL******
Capture%252B_2017-06-19-09-53-24.png

Post edited by Sims_4funn on

Comments

• Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Sims_4funn wrote: »
    Soooo I'm not happy at all!! Kinda Frustrated and Disappointed that Washer and Dry Will Not be a default in the pack... I chose Eco because that is what was originally shown in the first survey and was the only reason I picked it. I think that it was VERY misleading by the GURUS/MAXIS/EA to sell it that way and then say OH, you gotta vote it in.... Well NEW FLASH TURKEY!! I ALREADY DID!!! Not fair at all and I will be some kinda you know what if I dont get a washer and dryer. All this other stuff is amazing as well but you didnt put it in the first survey... I call foul play.. Not Cool at all. Any how the fact that there is a petition (that I have signed) for laundry stuff/washer and dryer... All of us want laundry... Saw our dream come true... almost. And now prolly wont see it until who knows when if at all if the majority wont vote for Laundry/Washer and Dryer.... What a let down... Any, How. I've ranted enough.... :#:'(:'(:'(:s

what they are not going to add it. :(
  • Options
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Soooo I'm not happy at all!! Kinda Frustrated and Disappointed that Washer and Dry Will Not be a default in the pack... I chose Eco because that is what was originally shown in the first survey and was the only reason I picked it. I think that it was VERY misleading by the GURUS/MAXIS/EA to sell it that way and then say OH, you gotta vote it in.... Well NEW FLASH TURKEY!! I ALREADY DID!!! Not fair at all and I will be some kinda you know what if I dont get a washer and dryer. All this other stuff is amazing as well but you didnt put it in the first survey... I call foul play.. Not Cool at all. Any how the fact that there is a petition (that I have signed) for laundry stuff/washer and dryer... All of us want laundry... Saw our dream come true... almost. And now prolly wont see it until who knows when if at all if the majority wont vote for Laundry/Washer and Dryer.... What a let down... Any, How. I've ranted enough.... :#:'(:'(:'(:s

Hi brendhan21... It's not automatically going to be in there.... We have to vote it in on June 23rd. I'm sad about it too.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member

Hi brendhan21... It's not automatically going to be in there.... We have to vote it in on June 23rd. I'm sad about it too.

oh well hey as long as its still a possible option we can vote on i can see it winning to be honest :)
  • Options

oh well hey as long as its still a possible option we can vote on i can see it winning to be honest :)

Good point! Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow..why do we have to vote for it?? I am pretty sure 90% of the people who chose the eco pack over other packs was because of the laundry option. This pack is turning out to be the worse pack ever for me. I picked it because I wanted modern eco stuff and the other art style wins. Then I am like well at least we get laundry and now I hear we have to vote for it...UGH!!

Ah well, glad I am on a Sims 4 break until some of these crazy bugs are addressed.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Washer and dryers are not eco friendly. They are the opposite of eco friendly. How would someone living off the grid have enough power for huge appliances? If your talking about a wash tub and clothes line, well that might have a shot, but a washer and dryer should not ever be in an eco friendly pack. Anyway, I firmly believe that with all the interest in laundry, there will be a laundry pack with both old and new washers and dryers and, hopefully, a Laundromat for my single sims to meet while doing laundry on a late Friday night.

I think the eco friendly pack will be focused on simpler living, more off the grid style with windmills and solar panels and less electronics. If anyone thought washers and dryers should be in an eco friendly pack, then they should do some research on what eco friendly means.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Erm they never said we were 100% getting laundry with eco living. It was one of many themes listed as a possibility. No one ever said laundry is the game play object, it was made clear that vote would be separate.

Also when you think about it, washing machines and tumble dryers are not eco friendly so don't fit the theme of this pack.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It sounds fair to me to have a voting system. Then if most people want laundry that is what we will get.

I did not vote for an eco pack in the first place, there were many others I would have preferred. So at least you have a chance of getting what you want, whereas I will have to hope we get to vote on the following pack so I can have another run at it.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Laundry was listed as a "potential" area of focus -- same as solar energy and home technology. It never said that it would automatically be included. They were very clear on that point in the survey. All Stuff Pack ideas listed items that could potentially be included. It was stated that these items would be voted upon by the community.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2017
    I honestly don't see the problem with having a feature vote. If laundry wins that? Great. Letting us vote on the feature is another component in the process. They did list the dates and themes of all of the voting at the beginning of the process. I think it's great that they are being so consultative with this approach and I'd love if they'd do it again because the voting and inside look at their decision-making approach is fun.

I didn't love all the objects or clothes that have made it into the pack. I preferred the other sofa to the one that got in. I didn't care about the round table that was so popular. I don't particularly care about laundry or brooms. I'd also have loved to see funkier light fixtures to fit the theme rather than a bare lightbulb. I'm still a good sport about that stuff because it won the vote or was determined to balance out the pack better than some of the stuff that I liked. I'm not going trash the pack because some things liked by other people got in. Some things I did like and vote for have made it as well.

I still generally like the pack. If I didn't have any interest in any aspect of the pack, I probably wouldn't have any interest in it now, just like any other consumer product. I'm just saying this because the feature vote is a fair way to decide if laundry should be in the pack. If it were up to me, I'd try to allow up to three features and have laundry be one of them if it wins so that the pack can be more well-rounded.

I was honestly disappointed when this theme won because it was my last choice in the initial vote but I'm a lot happier because of the direction that the multiple votes have taken the pack in. I feel more invested because I have been in sync with some of the other votes. I'm sure that there are others who feel the same. Complaining because they are trying to allow the interested community to have a say in multiple aspects of the pack is ... strange to put it mildly.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yeah, I only voted for the Eco pack because of the mentioning of a washer and dryer, then to hear that we have to vote on it was a huge let down. It's like they are doing a bait and switch (YES, I know this is speculation!). I think we will just have to wait and see how the voting turns out.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    You were given a theme with a series of options and were told that you were going to be voting on the content to be included. Many people evidently for the Eco pack because one of the potential options was laundry. It is now time to vote on the laundry itself. There's no bait and switch; the rules have been established from the beginning. I'm not participating in the process and even I know the ground rules. There is no basis for the faux outrage.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It was listed as an potential area of focus. There was no bait and switch but I do understand the disappointment. I wanted another pack... the Dangerous one for funerals and I guess I'd be upset if it had made it this far and then I found out funerals would possibly be voted out. I feel ya even if I don't agree. Personally I think we will eventually get laundry they know it's a want for many simmers. I'm not someone who wants it but.. I'm sure you have been heard.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That's alright @sims_4funn. We all make mistakes. Thanks for being a good egg and admitting you were wrong and apologizing for it. That's rare in this forum. Happy simming.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Based on the comments/feedback I received from you all I decided to go back and take another look. I was under the impression that laundry was not only guaranteed but also in the pictures from the survey!!! I was wrong.... And I am actually very happy I am wrong :):D I don't feel hoodwinked LOL!!! *****See Picks Below****** that the Laundry was ALWAYS just a possibility. MY apologies to the GURUS/EA/MAXIS... I read wrong.... My bad and Laundry was NEVER in the PICTURES of any survey.
    Awww... well, at least you know they didn't con you now :)

You never know, laundry might be the most popular and end up in the pack anyway. Make sure to vote when the chance comes and then cross your fingers and toes for at least 6 hours afterwards :D
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I voted for the eco pack for the eco friendly themes, like solar pannels, not laundry. Laundry is not eco friendly. Laundry is an eco enemy.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sigh... :(

I hope they never let us decide on a pack again. I just want to know what is going to be in the pack rather than potential this and potential that. Potentially getting an item will sway my vote, then to hear we may not get it is disappointing. My vote would have went a totally different direction had they been clear on what was going to be a feature. I was imagining a more modern eco pack. As the votes went on, everything I wanted the eco pack for was essentially gone.

Btw, there are washers called Laundry Pods that use very little water and no electricity so they can be eco friendly. It probably would have fit more with a modern theme, which I was hoping for but not happening either.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Laundry is eco friendly for me since you have energy efferent washers and dryers. They use less energy and less water with front loading washers.

But it all boils down to the individual and what they deem eco friendly. You could say flatulence isn't eco friendly since it putting carbon monoxide into the air. Some people don't consider showers eco friendly because water goes down the drain as they clean themselves. Others only fill their bathtubs up once a week, and the family or single person bathes in that same water. Let's not forget toilets. Some people feel that flushing isn't ego friendly, and so they will use the toilet all day, and only flush once. *ewwww*

So again, what is eco friendly is up to the individual. Who are we to tell someone else how they should view something?

If we do get washers and dryers ( I hope people vote HARD for them! lol) I hope they don't do them in Sims 3. Don't get me wrong, I love washing clothes in the game. I just down want the every time sims change clothes there's a pile of dirty on the floor. Like they should make it where sims only leave dirty clothes when changing at a dresser, and when in the bathroom when going to take a bath or shower.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    It was listed as an potential area of focus. There was no bait and switch but I do understand the disappointment. I wanted another pack... the Dangerous one for funerals and I guess I'd be upset if it had made it this far and then I found out funerals would possibly be voted out. I feel ya even if I don't agree. Personally I think we will eventually get laundry they know it's a want for many simmers. I'm not someone who wants it but.. I'm sure you have been heard.

Yeah, I could be wrong. But it felt like a bait and switch to me because it was so prominent, but as they say, water off a ducks back. I'd love to have laundry back. If we don't get it, I'd be a bit disappointed. Because like I said, the eco was the one I voted as number one simply because of the laundry. lol

I did like the Dangerous one simply because Sims 4 is just way to plain. To tame. It's as if they put the training wheels and rubber floaties on the game, and took away on the unexpectedness and randomness of the previous games. :(

But who knows, maybe we will still get some of those features in an up in coming EP! I think that would be cool!

@OEII1001, faux outrage? I don't see anyone being "outraged' over it. Just simply stating their own feels and opinions. But I guess according to you, that is not allowed? Whatever, to each his own. Just please, don't tell someone how they should or should feel, and then try to belittle those feelings by labeling them "fake".

But I'm not trying to derail this thread, so lets just move along to something else.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    @GoldenBuffy I'm not quite sure how you can compare flatulance which is something a person has no control over to washers and dryers. Lol Generally speaking they are not eco friendly. When I think of eco friendly things a washing machine and particularly a tumble dryer is not on that list. Things to me that are eco friendly are recycling and solar panels (off the top of my head)

I get that people want laundry really badly but after seeing the list of possibilities I'm not voting for it. I think there are way better ideas and things that fit the eco theme better than laundry. I hate laundry in the sims 3, clothes were everywhere. I hate laundry in real life and It's not my idea of fun to sit and watch sims do chores but if people want to watch that, great!

Having said that even though laundry is not eco friendly I still think it will win.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @GoldenBuffy I'm not quite sure how you can compare flatulance which is something a person has no control over to washers and dryers. Lol Generally speaking they are not eco friendly. When I think of eco friendly things a washing machine and particularly a tumble dryer is not on that list. Things to me that are eco friendly are recycling and solar panels (off the top of my head)

I get that people want laundry really badly but after seeing the list of possibilities I'm not voting for it. I think there are way better ideas and things that fit the eco theme better than laundry. I hate laundry in the sims 3, clothes were everywhere. I hate laundry in real life and It's not my idea of fun to sit and watch sims do chores but if people want to watch that, great!

Having said that even though laundry is not eco friendly I still think it will win.

@MidnightAura, LOL I was using that because I remember waaaaaaay back when, in middle school, my science teacher tried to convince us that "farting" was bad on the environment. And that it was a huge factor in greenhouse gases. And also, he tried to state that since dinosaurs where so large, they produced like a bajillion times more gas than all humans and animals on the plate, and that that contributed to their demise. *tears* Yea, I think that mug of "coffee" on his desk was something other than that.

As for washers and dryers. Hey, call me uncaring or stubborn, or whatever. But they are environmentally sound to me. And that's just my opinion. if I don't want to use the dryer, then I can always just put them out on the line.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    @GoldenBuffy omg that's so funny! I wish I had teachers like that. My science teacher was.. well not very charismatic let's just say.

That's a thought, assuming when laundry wins clothes lines for the back garden will be included. As it's a stuff pack it may not. (Although would be pretty silly not to) but stranger things have happened!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    by the time we vote in 3 days and the time it gos into production the final prodruct might change on the day its realise not counting that some content might be patch in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    @MidnightAura, he was really far out there. lol He even proposed that we should take on a more Earth friendly diet, and live off of light. Basically photosynthesis. And that as humans we could teach ourselves to do that through evolution, and only drink water and other liquids. I remember laughing so hard when I got home.

But then just this week I read an article on Yahoo about a couple to are "Breatharians". And all I could think then was that my teacher was far ahead of his time. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    Well, I believe that the most eco-friendly behavior would be not to wash at all your clothes (being sarcastic).

I see laundry as a clear eco action (and I was really hoping we will get it) because in mind, if you wash clothes in tub with hand made soap (which should contain some sodium hydroxide) to clean some grease or some stain is more polluting than using some bio-detergent in a energy saver washing machine. Before my parents got their first washing machine, in 80's, my mother was doing hand laundry. I can guarantee that the level of used water is huge. Not talking about the time allocated to this chore...

I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but imagine living in an apartment - I used to live in a quite small one and after doing laundry, half of it was full with clothing lines - I agree it was eco, but complete unpractical.

So, to conclude, I surely plead for a very eco-friendly washing and dryer. If we get solar panels and generate our on energy and ideally a water filter, I believe it is the ideal ''independent'' status that every Sim wishes for :)
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)