Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game generated vampires are meh.

BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
I had my game generate four so far, and every one of them was a whiny crouching obese elder female.
So much for the steamy mysterious vampire stereotype.

What about you? Were you more lucky?
Post edited by BlueOvale on

Comments

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Lol you can't really rely on the game to create interesting sims. They're all randomly generated so the chances of getting a cool sim are very slim lol

I always edit my townies with cas.fulleditmode.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    What kind of vampire would turn a 70 year old obese woman into a vampire anyway? I wish they would set some coded perimeters for townie generation some times. Vampires all being young adults or adults being only one example. There's also a problem with widespread obesity and flamboyant outfits.
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    This is why I find my townie vampires on the gallery. There are a lot of cool creations there and since I'm no good with CAS, I take advantage of them on a regular basis. Most of my townies are from the gallery and the game generated ones are checked and deleted or given a makeover at the end of every play session.
    Interesting. I didn't know we could force the townies to be generated from our gallery. I'll look into that.

Also, I'm afraid of deleting sims. Back in the days of TS3 I read it could corrupt our saves.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I had a CL townie generated vampire who put my Sim under some sort of spell and he had to sit in the road on his knees until it was over. Maybe delete the game generated vampires and see what kind pops up next. This game couldn't care less if you delete mom and dad or kid. There is no related memory system tied to any of them or the towns like in TS2 and TS3. (Broken memory system if you did in TS2, broken townie story in TS3 if you did.)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    Interesting. I didn't know we could force the townies to be generated from our gallery. I'll look into that.

Also, I'm afraid of deleting sims. Back in the days of TS3 I read it could corrupt our saves.

Well, I don't think you can force them to be generated from your gallery. I just download Sims made by others and add them to the different neighborhoods in the game. It's very much a process driven by me, not by the game. Also I delete Sims very frequently and have had no problems connected with that yet.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    What kind of vampire would turn a 70 year old obese woman into a vampire anyway? I wish they would set some coded perimeters for townie generation some times. Vampires all being young adults or adults being only one example. There's also a problem with widespread obesity and flamboyant outfits.

All the townie generated Sims in my game since day one have been overweight. That's not a new thing. The only ones who were not overweight 10-50+lbs have been elderly males in the bin.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The game-generated vampires in my game tend to be Japanese elderlies. And I've only ever seen one with a dark form.
    edited June 2017
    Gotcha. I just have to make some time and edit every townie in the game, and then hope that they won't be culled too soon.
    All the townie aspects of the game need work imo.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited June 2017
    I actually prefer them to be so unsightly. Prevents me from getting attached. My sims begin their journey into undeath having done their vampire lore homework. Not wanting to be a slave to a sire, I will have my sim invite a suitable vampire NPC over, have them bite them and then lock them in the backyard as the sun rises. No gods, no masters. Would you kindly.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The only game generated vampire I kept around was a skinny, elderly female with uge yellow glasses clad in grey. She looked so out of place that I nodded to myself, saying yup, that's a vamp that doesn't care anymore what the cattle thinks how one should look or dress like. I also like the idea that she is an elder, but actually the youngest of my vampires (second youngest was Vlad at 150 years, but he was destroyed).
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I wish I had a picture of the vampire that used to come to my Sims' house. He looked like he was dressed for the cover of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." He was my favorite.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Right now I'm sweeping through all my saves, looking for townies that catch my eyes to transport to a paradise land - aka a new save. I'm deleting the rest that aren't of much use to me, I have *so* many - nearly 40. A lot of them were just test mods for packs or mods though. Lilith and Caleb aren't townies, but I've makeovered them - I think I will remakeover Lilith again, but basically I'm giving all townies and premades makeovers so maybe I will throw in a few cute vamps too..??

I almost had one. Vlad broke into my doctor Draven's house and drank from him, but no turning. ): If we could do plasma tests in GTW.. ooh, that would be very beneficial for a vampire Draven - like Liv in iZombie! (the show, not the comics - the show deviates a bit from the comics, but Liv works in a morgue so she has p. much 24/7 access to fresh (mostly) brains.)

Well anywho... I'm not sure I've seen any vamps out and about, or at least not ones I knew of, except this elder dude in GTW who was a cop. He kept poofing everywhere. He was annoying, and he randomly decided to attack my sim out of nowhere (John Cena!!) but um...

Plenty of wannabes though. Like, you can't wear that elegant hair with those casual clothes, I mean you can, I suppose, but sheesh Linda you are not working that outfit *pleeease* at least learn to accessorize!

...I have no idea who Linda is.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, I have low expectations for game-generated Sims. Vampires are no different. Funny story though. I created a new club with Vladislaus Straud as the leader. They're the UnDead. Only requirement for membership is to be a vampire. He asked the Vatore brother and sister and a few others. Then he asked some game-generated vampires to also join. One of them was so hideous that I had to pop him into CAS and gave him a complete makeover. I then decided to move him into a house in Forgotten Hollow, gave him a wife, and they had a son. Long story short, I called a meeting of the UnDead one evening. They all showed up. Lilith Straud (the former Lilith Vatore) and the makeover vampire both started to combust. I spent at least 45 minutes in CAS on him and he burned to a crisp in less than a minute. You can imagine the words that came out of my mouth! And poor Vlad was left with twin toddlers to raise, Fricorith and Magdalena. So now their mother is a ghost vampire who comes to visit often. Her urn is in the basement next to the coffins.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • AugustoAugusto Posts: 29 Member
    I tried to delete the ones that the game generated and put others from the gallery .... there are still some but now there are less weird vampires walking around the city
  • LittlestGamer168LittlestGamer168 Posts: 88 Member
    I hate the game generated vamps. Always making vamps myself.
    Why I play the sims is a question with a million answers.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It seems to be a recurring theme; gain immortality, lose your sense of style.
    Gallery ID: babysquare