Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if the next EP won't be Pets?

Comments

• orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I'd probably be pretty disappointed. I love dogs and cats and really want my sims to have them, the cuteness would be through the roof.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited June 2017
    I will hunt them down and demand an explanation. Unlike many others, I NEED pets. I've waited for forever. Even though I'm late to the party (came before parenthood, fitness stuff and bowling stuff) it feels like forever and patience isn't my strong suit.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    > @AmySims09 said:
    > I will hunt them down and demand an explanation. Unlike many others, I NEED pets. I've waited for forever. Even though I'm late to the party (came before parenthood, fitness stuff and bowling stuff) it feels like forever and patience isn't my strong suit.

It'll be a GP probably lmao at least it better be, I will be equally annoyed if they devote an EP to just two animals when we will have to wait another solid year for the next EP. It'll be pure laziness if its anything other than a GP, unless its building a base for future GPs that will add more animal types. Even then, they better make it darn worth it for one to spend $40, meaning the dog better be worth the $20 and the cat better be worth it's $20
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    As long as that EP is just as awesome as Pets, I'll be cool.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    edited June 2017
    My reaction quite frankly is relief, pets deserve to be in the game but I have always hated the pet EP's, they just add boring content and the only decent thing is literally the actual animal. The rest is very dull.

I'm far more interested in University and Seasons, those two combined are like <3
    I also have a secret craving for Superstar as well. We need Bon Voyage... Like a proper one... Not Outdoor retreat....

Meh, what I can say actually is that cancelled or not an expansion about temporary travels like World Adventures and Bon Voyage was definitely planned because the UI layout makes no sense for picking a resort in game.
    It presents it as though there is more, so very likely its planned somehow.

Wouldn't be too surprised if we got a holiday EP early/mid next year.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2017
    It depends on what the EP is, if it's University (please be University) or Seasons I'd be happy. Pets are a nice addition and an EP theme that I would definitely buy but it's not a necessity for me.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    As long as it's something I like just as much as Pets I wouldn't mind. Like Seasons for example
    My reaction quite frankly is relief, pets deserve to be in the game but I have always hated the pet EP's, they just add boring content and the only decent thing is literally the actual animal. The rest is very dull.

I'm far more interested in University and Seasons, those two combined are like <3
    I also have a secret craving for Superstar as well. We need Bon Voyage... Like a proper one... Not Outdoor retreat....

Meh, what I can say actually is that cancelled or not an expansion about temporary travels like World Adventures and Bon Voyage was definitely planned because the UI layout makes no sense for picking a resort in game.

I have a craving for Superstar that burns brighter than a thousand suns.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    If Vampires can be in a GP, surely cats and dogs could fit in a GP. Then there could be a cats and dogs GP and something else for an EP, like Seasons. How good it would be to get both of those in one year :)
    If Vampires can be in a GP, surely cats and dogs could fit in a GP. Then there could be a cats and dogs GP and something else for an EP, like Seasons. How good it would be to get both of those in one year :)

I want doggies that romp in snooooooooow
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

I actually think Pets would make a good GP especially if it's only going to come with cats and dogs.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I will just pass it by, I have enough EP I don't use, time for one I will.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm not overly concerned with getting pets in to the game. I rarely used them in the last 2 series. That will be a "buy on sale" DLC.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member

I have a craving for Superstar that burns brighter than a thousand suns.

I'm glad your passionate about it, I really want it, to be honest I'd like to hope they take inspiration and gameplay from the 1st one and not Showtime. TS1 Superstar felt really good and its music was fantastic!

I do hope they do quite badly.
  • taradactyl1994taradactyl1994 Posts: 19 Member
    I just want seasons and pets. Idc which order. Pets is obviously coming somewhat soon but I think seasons might be right around the corner, also! I was playing tonight and I noticed one of the toddler books possibly hinted at seasons coming?? Or it's just a game of thrones reference.
    The 'When is Winter?" book... It says "Is it Spring? Not now, but soon. Is it fall? Perhaps, by noon? Is it summer? The heat, seems likely. When is winter? Who knows, but it's coming"

I almost threw my laptop out of excitement.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2017
    I would be elated for either Seasons or Farming EPs. <3:p:DB)

University would be great. :)

Those are the ones I really want along with enhanced Grim and dangerous stuff <3 and houseboats & under the sea type stuff. Pets really don't excite me unless they are bringing back small pets <3 , expanding on fish/aquariums <3, the pet store and add the vetenary, & collecting insects :).
  • SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    > @plushtrap_107 said:
    > If Vampires can be in a GP, surely cats and dogs could fit in a GP. Then there could be a cats and dogs GP and something else for an EP, like Seasons. How good it would be to get both of those in one year :)

Yas pls! I want seasons so bad :(
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    It wouldn't phase me at all since pets are not something that's ever been high on my sims priority list. It doesn't bother me if pets are missing, but I also won't mind if they're added. In my opinion, I would enjoy seeing an EP themed toward seasons, university, or vacation before pets.
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I would be happy. They ended up being annoying to me in TS3 and in the end, I never made or adopted any, and I disliked running into them in my world. I ended up using mods to keep them out of my neighborhood.. so yes please, bring on something else!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I really want Pets, but I'd still be excited about the next EP.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I'd laugh manically if we were all expecting Pets on announcement day but TS4 team were like "loljoke tricked you, enjoy Seasons"
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'd react with a big "HUH." And wonder what was up with the cat and dog code if they aren't using it within the year already. But if it was something else I wanted I wouldn't protest. Just run away from the forums for a while while the claws were out ;)

Yeah, basically this. :D
  • PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    Depends on the ep for me. Seasons , Uni, or a Bon Voyage/ WA mash up Ep are what I would like the next EP to be if it's not pets. I'm content to wait patiently until they finally release them..
  • LyricalSimsLyricalSims Posts: 8 New Member
    Pets or Seasons. GIMME GIMME GIMME :D
  • stepfordexwifestepfordexwife Posts: 5 New Member
    As unpopular as this opinion is, I'd be stoked if it wasn't pets.

I really think that pets should be a gamepack and not an expansion. It's to narrow of a theme to constitute an expansion and honestly the gamepacks are pretty darn awesome. I'm really hoping seasons or university come out soon. I don't see pets adding all that much game play.