Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if the next EP won't be Pets?

Comments

• Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Tbh if it turns out to be something other than Pets, I'll be so thrilled.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    @Teslachick2 Part of me hopes its pets only because I'm scared of what they'll put out as an EP if it isn't. I already think Get Together and City Livin' could have basically been one expansion pack if it weren't for the worlds lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'd be ok with it, if it was another theme I liked. I didn't play with Pets all that much.

I would actually be much happier if it was a Seasons EP or an Island Paradise-like EP (with mermaids) instead... :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I would be extremely angry
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    It depends on the EP really if they have seasons that'll be great if that happens I won't be mad either way, but if it's just some useless EP add-on that nobody asked for that'll atleast show how much EA is really capable of.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I won't be heartbroken, but probably a little bit disappointed and confused because of the recent clues and leaks. But if the expansion was something that interested me, my disappointment would be short-lived.
    #Team Occult
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    I want something like sims 2 / seasons hybrid. Cause you can mix those to together
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Pets are a nice addition but there lower priority for me than EPs that complete the world or add significant activities for my Sims.

Would rank it like this:
    Schools/University EP
    Season/Weather EP
    World Adventure EP
    Why Not EP/GP (Activities like Sport Competitions(Olympia), Exploration (Diving, Climbing"Outdoor", Cruise), Fun (Magic, Island Survival), More playable Careers)
    Pets (In addition to all mentioned before, yeah. Only Pets, nah...)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Let's say eventually the reveal trailer for the next EP gets released and...it ends up being anything other than Pets, how would you react?

I'd be very happy. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It would depend on what it is. Pets is an EP I'll most likely buy, but probably won't be extremely excited about. I enjoyed Pets EP before, they are nice but not exciting, perhaps because I'm not that much of a pet person irl.

There's quite a lot of themes that could end up more exciting than Pets, like Seasons, or School, or Farming. But I'm also curious to see if they'll manage to make Pets exciting this time around.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm looking forward to Pets. It has been one of my favorite or integral EPs in every version of the game (along with making my own wannabe fame seeker when I was a bit younger). Typically, I tended to show up in past iterations a while after release around when they came out with Pets.

In old versions of the game, I would play a household with a pet or move from one such household to another including time with the horses in TS3. In this version since I have a rotation, multiple households will be able to get pets and I will shift around playing with them. I'm sure that there will be a few households that won't but if they have the space and interest, the pets will be a regularly used feature.

Even the sleazy weirdo sims in my rotation have room in their hearts for a pet.

I do look forward to Seasons and other major EPs. I think I missed out on TS3 Seasons because my game glitched out and my designated computer at the time went bad. (It overheated and basically melted). I will admit that the speculation around Pets might have been one of the reasons I decided to go for TS4, that and social media hype around CL even though I didn't get it right away. Some part of me thought, "Ok, Pets are going to show up soon and there's a bunch of other content out so it's time for me to join."

I'll be disappointed but hopefully we'll see it, Seasons and another vacation world or two before too long.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I won't be heart-broken as I've never played much with pets in the Sims but I'll be very surprised as all signs point to that being the next EP. To be honest I'd be more excited about a Seasons or University themed EP but I'm guessing I'll have to wait a while for those. If we do get Pets next I'm really hoping it's not only cats and dogs but also smaller pets. I've wanted my Sims to have a rabbit for ever so long!
  • SonntamSonntam Posts: 25 Member
    Pets are one of the favorite expansions ever. I recently bought Vampires pack and now I am very much missing a few cats on the lot to make the eternal life a little less lonely.

University is fine, but it dragged on for me pretty often. Maybe this time it will be more fun though.

If instead of Pets we get Season though then I won't have much to complain. I am a huge gardening fan and with some more new variety it will be even more fun.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I would be thrilled!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    edited June 2017
    I would be very disappointed. For me life is too lonely without my kitty companions. It's just not a real home without them.
  • deszinkdeszink Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been hoping for a Pets EP for a long time now, and I really hope it comes out soon! Unless of course, they come up with something equally exciting and fun, then I guess I'll just be happy about new gameplay.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    If the new EP isn't Pets then it needs to be something good. Seasons and University would be good to see in the game. All the other versions had one of these expansions in the game by the third year. I know the developers said this is an entirely different game. Things in the past are not going to be repeated in the same way. However, I think there needs to be some familiar ground for long time players. I want to spend my money, but the material released, so far hasn't made me rush out and pay for a pack on release date.

Pets is something I would enjoy in the game, but I'm worried that the EP will forget to include something for players not into pets. A new world with seasonal content would give rain and snow that resembles real-life.

I love animals in real life, but a $40 price tag needs more in it to get my money. I won't be happy with another party theme EP. I think Get Together did great with its clubs, happy hours, and theme nights. With that said, partying has been done and a new theme needs to take the spotlight.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited June 2017
    I doubt this will happen but i would be ok with it so long as it is one of the core packs (ie seasons, generations, vacation etc, i always refer to them as the core packs as they are the most requested in every game in the series). Im a bit fed up of the mish mash themes for eps we have been getting.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Let's say eventually the reveal trailer for the next EP gets released and...it ends up being anything other than Pets, how would you react?

If it's Seasons or a Vacation Pack I'll be even more excited. :p
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd be fine.. I haven't been a big Pets fan in the past games. I never played them as more than a challenge really. I'm hoping they will change my mind but not convinced that they will so.. I'm good with any order at this point. I think a lot of what we are anticipating from the past will be broken down into GP form anyway.
    egTcBMc.png
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    If it's seasons i will be very happy, but if it won't be any of those i will be afraid of what they will do, i'm not a big fan of EP on the sims 4 so far.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Personally, I'd be disappointed because it's the only EP I really want to see in The Sims 4, along with Seasons of course. But, if it was Seasons, I'd still be excited, so no big deal there. If it's something else entirely, well, I'll have to see what it is and decide if I want to buy it accordingly... I guess I'll buy it in the long run because EPs always bring a fresh air to the game.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    As long as it is University or Vacation - I don't mind at all. ;) I mean sure I'd love Pets EP but hey, I want it all!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

If it's Seasons or a Vacation Pack I'll be even more excited. :p

Me, too! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)