Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens

Has alien abduction been removed completely? I haven't experienced seeing this in a heck of long time.

Comments

• VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    Not in my game. I had two Dads get abducted when I wasn't even trying. Try building a Rocket if you haven't already then try to forget about him getting abducted and then maybe when you least expect it. or after you have already had him have kids the old fashioned way he might then get abducted if your luck is anything like mine. :D
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    no, my scientists get abducted at least once a week..
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    almost you have to use the dish if you want it to happen now I'm afraid
    even then it will take awhile
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2017
    I find hanging out with aliens seems to increase the chances. Head to alien night and try to befriend one to hang out with regularly.

Sims with aliens in their households get abducted regularly and I've even seen a townie get abducted off lot while hanging out with a played alien.
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member

No.. the abductions are still very much around .. in my game, Ive had numerous abductions . I try not to friend too many aliens, though I do have the rocket ship, and have used it a few times.. but not the beacon from the scientist career. Here is Vlad when he found out he was preggers in my game.. he is such a silly vampire..

06-04-17_12-48-13nbspPM.png And this is his daughter who is hybrid.. alien and a vampire..

06-16-17_2-19-28nbspPM.png

06-15-17_9-29-18nbspPM.png
  • SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    They're common in my game. Two of the sims in my household have been abducted . One was impregnated after the second abduction.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I've never had an abduction either. Despite having a scientist sim who uses the satellite regularly. I just wanna see what happens! Lol

@Laceyrose I thought we didn't have hybrids. They were just either one or the other, but not both/hybrid. I hoping I'm wrong
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Make sure there is nothing in their way to go outside to investigate the light also. They shouldn't be locked in. It's been about a month for me but haven't been playing a save with a scientist/alien friends.
    egTcBMc.png

@SparklePlumley Well, my definition of hybrid is both and both .. and as I pictured both sides of her, she has a normal human side also when she is out of her dark form. She changes into her dark form (vampire) when she drinks.. and where as she does not change on her own to alien form .. she does have some alien powers us uses on her family, lol.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2017
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I find hanging out with aliens seems to increase the chances. Head to alien night and try to befriend one to hang out with regularly.

Sims with aliens in their households get abducted regularly and I've even seen a townie get abducted off lot while hanging out with a played alien.
    do you use mods or cc @EmmaVane @allisonchurch
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    almost you have to use the dish if you want it to happen now I'm afraid
    even then it will take awhile

Thanks. No I don't use the dish. Actually I've been waiting for random abductions.

Don't know if you were asking me about mods, but no, I don't do mods. I haven't even come across aliens visiting or anything. Maybe I need to get a scientist in the family to jump start something.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Nope. Vanilla game.

@MysticOne Build the Rocket Ship .. and then use it.. I think, that is how the abductions started for me.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I haven't. Maybe it's because I don't tinker around with the Scifi content.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    edited June 2017
    I agree with @EmmaVane. Going to alien night seems to greatly increase your odds. I had a painter sim with no connection to the scientist career, no rocket, and no satellite. He became friends with some aliens at the bar and has been abducted five times in his sim life (he is almost an elder now). Two of those resulted in pregnancy. Good luck and I hope your simmie gets abducted soon!! :)

Edit: Changed wording for clarity
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    @MysticOne Build the Rocket Ship .. and then use it.. I think, that is how the abductions started for me.

Ok, cool. I have one that's in the process of bldg one. So maybe once he's thru and starts using it, I'll see some green men or women. Thanks
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I had a few abductions here and there... but I do notice a significant drop after City Living came along. On side note, the game seems to stop generating NPCs who are aliens in disguise. It's a shame because I really like the challenge to uncover them. Going to bars on Alien Nights do force the game to generate alien NPCs (like how Ghost Nights make the game to generate ghosts), but those aliens are not in disguise but in their true form...
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Actually, I completely forgot there even were alien abductions. I don't hang with aliens much.
  • KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    This is why i hate when they add new types of sims as extras to an expansion pack aliens are not as good as they were in the sims 3 they are way to similar to other sims it kind of annoys me really my biggest problems are
    1.They run out of brain power after using one alien interaction

2.whenever they use their brain power on sims they get discovered

3.they can't make sims do things like in the sims 3 (which they may have decided to save for vamps)

4.they have things like hunger and hygiene would an alien be ok with cleaning themselves with water from another planet with different properties and or elements and eating food from another planet wouldn't they get sick?
    > @KishiNova12 said:
    > This is why i hate when they add new types of sims as extras to an expansion pack aliens are not as good as they were in the sims 3 they are way to similar to other sims it kind of annoys me really my biggest problems are
    > 1.They run out of brain power after using one alien interaction
    >
    > 2.whenever they use their brain power on sims they get discovered
    >
    > 3.they can't make sims do things like in the sims 3 (which they may have decided to save for vamps)
    >
    > 4.they have things like hunger and hygiene would an alien be ok with cleaning themselves with water from another planet with different properties and or elements and eating food from another planet wouldn't they get sick?

Well, for number 4, since that goes deeper than beyond gameplay perspectives, I'd say if the aliens verified that the food and water on the Sims world is safe and beneficial, that'd be why they consume and use them.
    "that goes beyond" My bad.
  • LizzyX4LizzyX4 Posts: 69 Member
    > @allisonchurch said:
    > no, my scientists get abducted at least once a week..

Same here. My sister's sim has been abducted at least 9 times now. It was funny at first, now it's frustrating.
  • LizzyX4LizzyX4 Posts: 69 Member
    > @Laceyrose said:
    > @MysticOne Build the Rocket Ship .. and then use it.. I think, that is how the abductions started for me.

I've never built the rocket in my game, but I did have the "Investigate mysterious light" command come up for my sim. I deleted all the doors to the house and thankfully it dropped out. Several nights later though it got him. Poor thing. :)
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    @SparklePlumley Well, my definition of hybrid is both and both .. and as I pictured both sides of her, she has a normal human side also when she is out of her dark form. She changes into her dark form (vampire) when she drinks.. and where as she does not change on her own to alien form .. she does have some alien powers us uses on her family, lol.

@Laceyrose For some reason I didn't get notified that you had responded to me. Sorry I'm about 10 days late. Anyway.I can't have them both be Vamps and alien. I either get a full alien or a full vampire or a full human. Did you use a cheat? If so what is it?