Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble Installing Store Content-TS3

My store content will not install into the game. It's in the launcher it just fails. It says to make sure the software is up to date. Not sure if that means the game (which is up to date) or the actual computer which also up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and expansions but it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You have to clear all your internet browser history including IE even if you don't use it. Always do this before trying to download from the sims 3 web
  • lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    You have to clear all your internet browser history including IE even if you don't use it. Always do this before trying to download from the sims 3 web

But it downloads the content to the launcher from the website, it doesn't install into the game. It keeps failing.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2017
    lizeid87 wrote: »

But it downloads the content to the launcher from the website, it doesn't install into the game. It keeps failing.

Have you cleared out your internet browser history? You must do this to download from the sims 3 web. This is a common problem where items from the sims 3 store won't install properly. I always log into the sims 3 web directly. I do not use my launcher in game. I clear all my internet browser history before downloading and don't have issues
  • ShanEnriShanEnri Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2017
    My game updated and uninstalled all my store content. I deleted my IE browser history, but could not reinstall any of it. So I deleted all of it and redownloaded it and it installed fine. Pain in the butt to have to go and do this all over again!

*Edit*-After going through all that, I went back into my game and got a pop up saying "Some items were missing and replaced" so I exited out and checked the launcher in my downloads and none of was installed after I installed. Gonna try installing from the in game installer. If anyone has in other ideas, please let me know, and I'll let you know if what I try works. This is all one huge pain!

*Edit #2*-Nothing is working...
    Post edited by ShanEnri on
    ShanEnri wrote: »
    My game updated and uninstalled all my store content. I deleted my IE browser history, but could not reinstall any of it. So I deleted all of it and redownloaded it and it installed fine. Pain in the butt to have to go and do this all over again!

*Edit*-After going through all that, I went back into my game and got a pop up saying "Some items were missing and replaced" so I exited out and checked the launcher in my downloads and none of was installed after I installed. Gonna try installing from the in game installer. If anyone has in other ideas, please let me know, and I'll let you know if what I try works. This is all one huge pain!

*Edit #2*-Nothing is working...

This is what finally helped me and I was able to install all my store content into the game. Hope it helps you.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-store-content-will-not-install/td-p/46724

@lizeid87 Thank you it does work now!!!
    edited June 2017
    @lizeid87 Thank you it does work now!!!

Yaaaay!!! You're welcome! I know the joy :smiley: lol
    Ok so for the fourth time my store content has uninstalled. I have no clue what is going on but this is getting very old! When I move the DCCache and delete the DCBackup it fixes it but apparently only temporarily. I've tried doing only a few items to doing a lot and it's always the same, it works for a while then I go into my game and it is all uninstalled again.
    edited June 2017
    Ok so for the fourth time my store content has uninstalled. I have no clue what is going on but this is getting very old! When I move the DCCache and delete the DCBackup it fixes it but apparently only temporarily. I've tried doing only a few items to doing a lot and it's always the same, it works for a while then I go into my game and it is all uninstalled again. [/qu

Boo that really stinks, I have no idea what it could be. I wonder if it could be because too many expansions are being played at the same time? I wish I was a better help...sorry :(