Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installing issue: Version 1.3 already installed, aborting installation.

SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
HELP!

Lol. This game is driving me nuts. Anyway. Does anyone have an idea how to get that horrible note to stop coming around? I have The Sims basegame installed but when I try to install House Party it goes looking for a previous game from the series, accepts my basegame and then goes;

Version 1.3 is already installed, aborting installation.

And bam, I'm back to the launcher... I've uninstalled the game a couple of times now, including its folders in Program Files. So there shouldn't be any trace left of the game. Yet when I install the basegame again and try to install the first expansion, it gives me that friggin note (Sorry guys, I've seen it more than 20 times today, the frustration is real).

Does anyone of you know how to get rid of that note, or how I can find any traces of a previous installation anywhere on my laptop?

Also, about a year ago when I first installed it I got it to run (on sheer compatibility mode on Win10), so I know my laptop can do it. That's not the issue. I only need help to install my expansions.

I'm hoping one of you people out there can help me!
Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
pkJ66Kv.png
Some links that helped me a lot:
Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory

Comments

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    So I don't give up easily... After a while I went into Regedit. I hate going there, I have no clue what it actually is and all and usually I only go there if a guideline tells me to do so.

However when I went into Regedit I found some lingering bits from Hot Date from the last time it was installed! So hoping I wouldn't do anything abnormally stupid I deleted it and so far it seems to work. I'm installing The Sims Superstar now and after this I only have to try Makin' Magic and it would all be installed. I'm saying 'it would' because last time Makin' Magic crashed the game and didn't work so that's still a nervewrecking part lol. But so far, so good.

If anyone else runs into the same problems, look anywhere you can to find the lingering parts. They must be somewhere if you get the 'version 1.3 already installed.' note.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Sooo it was indeed fixed and Makin' Magic is indeed broken.... The point where I should usually insert the second disc the installer gives an error. Something wrong with the 'overdrachts component'. I interpret that as an issue on the part of the setup where it has to take the installation from 1 disc to another but really it could be anything, I talk like I know, but secretly I don't know anything about PC's and all.

The big bummer is that this error is so bad, it 'deinstalls' the game. It is still shown in my programs, but it isn't installed. A very weird issue. But to me the issue isn't even half as weird as its trigger.

I think it's a problem in the content of the disc, but if anyone has had this issue before and knows what it is, still feel free to help me out eventhough the issue changed a lot from what it originally was lol!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    And again never mind, the issue with uninstalling the whole series still creeps me out, but cleaning the disc made it work properly. My man said I should try it, apparently he had these issues more often when he was younger. Guess who takes better care of discs in this household xD
    pkJ66Kv.png