Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer's Fitness SP review is now up

Comments

• Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    IMO, I think that EA giving LGR a free copy is a win,win situation. For EA, they know that LGR is very popular and they also know that with every release they can count on LGR to be able to tap into both "sides of the aisle". Think about it, for every release of DLC, a thread (usually from those that claim to hate LGR) on the forum. Does any other YouTuber get their own thread to critique their review? Sim Supply, Deligracy, Xurbansims? The answer is NO. Because these other simmers generally target their fan base and EA knows that simmers that watch these other YouTubers will always only get a positive review, and most likely buy. But with LGR, he not only has his loyal fan base watching his reviews, but even has his haters watching them so that they can come on the forums and bash him.
    For EA, this is good, because it increases the exposure for the new DLC and the arguing in the forums keeps the DLC relevant.
    This is also awesome for LGR, because he obviously gets more views on his channel due to the "special" attention he receives on the forum from both defenders and haters.
    These are just my thoughts. I just see it as Brilliant in the sense that from a marketing strategy, both EA and LGR benefit from the arrangement, and a bonus it allows the forum to continue be dramatic.

I don't know about Xurbansims but TheSimSupply and Deligracy really don't do "reviews." They show the items that you will be getting. James doesn't really care about CAS stuff, but he will go into pretty good detail of what build/buy items there are, the color swatches. He does mention things he likes or wishes were different, but he doesn't generally review the packs. When there are new game play things, he will generally show you what they are and how they work in a let's play. Sometimes as a one-off, often as a series. I don't watch Deli much, but I think she takes the same approach. So they aren't really "reviewers" per se. So you are comparing apples to oranges.

And just my two cents, I think LGR gets his own topics because he feeds the whiny haters on the forum.

I think you misunderstood my point. The examples I listed (Xurbansims, The Sim Supply, and Deligracy) do in fact get a FREE advanced copy for "Review Purposes" from EA. From what I understand EA sends out these codes out to them to play the new pack for a few days prior to the release date, and they can post their Review/Overview/Opinion generally the day before the pack gets released. The fact that these YouTuber's are showing the items and giving their opinion is a review, so I was not comparing apples to oranges.

For this pack, I watched the replay for the lives stream by the Guru's. I also watched LGR, Xurbansims, Deligracy, and The Sim Supply. LGR did show the CAS items, but he is being criticized in this thread because he said they were "Fine, I guess". Xurbansims and Deligracy - OOHed and awed over every item, and definitely "recommended" the pack for the $10.00 price point. The Sim Supply did not even show any of the CAS items, stating "CAS was not his thing", but he also loved the pack.

For every new pack, someone always makes a thread specifically to criticized LGR's Review. Does any other "Influencer" get the same treatment?

Do you see the Hypocrisy? LGR- Bad he showed the CAS items, but he only said "They're Fine I guess". The fact that in most of his "reviews" he states what he wishes the pack included or brings up missed opportunities makes him bad? "His video was only 5 minutes too!" Very Bad!

On the other hand, the other reviews are so enthusiastically positive, that means they are good? James's btw was 19-20 minutes long and he didn't even go into CAS? Deligracy and Xurbansims were over 20 minutes and they showed every single color swatch for CAS and Build/Buy.

I personally don't decide to buy any pack for this game based on what someone else's opinion is of it whether that is from this forum, website, blog, or YouTube. I make my own mind up on whether or not I have the money for it and whether or not I want to buy it.
    I like LGR because I can see what's in the pack and get a brief look at what the gameplay is. It is also my opinion that he is more honest about separating the hype of the new pack and the actual gameplay. As far as the other examples I mention, I don't think their reviews are bad, but I do sometimes feel that they are more biased because it is obvious that most of the other influencers have more personal relationships with EA and the Guru's, and so they never criticized anything.

And just my two cents, I think LGR gets his own topics because he feeds the whiny haters on the forum.

I originally was only going to respond that my examples do actually title their video as a "Review/Overview" of the new pack that is released, and that my original point was just that no other influencer gets the same criticism that LGR does. Your last statement implies that LGR alone feeds "whiny haters" rather a maybe considering maybe some people may just like his channel or personality.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    From my perspective, I like new content and it is only $10, so I shall get it. The only thing I'm worried about is that I don't want my female Sims to have rock hard abs. I've created every townie in my Sims game--took forever--and got rid of every EA townie. I don't even want my townies females walking around with rip abs. I like the Sims 4, to me because of the graphics and how the sims look now is a plus. I stopped playing it and when Sims 4 came out--the better looking Sims were the thing. I know some don't like their look. But, to me it is more realistic and you can really make some attractive looking sims.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree @gizzinator1 with your post.
    I think the reason LGR gets his own topic every time because he will say outright if he doesn't like something and why. In a way he is a voice for Simmers that do feel disheartened by this iteration and there is not many big youtubers who come out and say that when reviewing a pack. The influencers I've noticed don't tend to talk about limitations of the packs. It's very much "look at this lamp!" "Look at this re colour of the corner tub from base game!"

That being said xUrbanSimsX was at least honest with her disappointment about the lack of earbuds animation and I think she wasn't singing the praises of the bowling pack either. That is a very good point about The Sim Supply, I watched his review and thought it was ok but no one on the forums is criticising him for avoiding a section of the new items with his review. More power to him if that's what he wants to do, I'm not complaining but people have criticised LGR for only showing CAS briefly, would they criticise the sim supply? No.

I like LGR because I don't always have time to watch a video ranging from 18 -40 minutes long showing off every colour swatch and praising it to high heaven whilst not talking about things they don't like or obvious downsides of the pack.

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    From my perspective, I like new content and it is only $10, so I shall get it. The only thing I'm worried about is that I don't want my female Sims to have rock hard abs. I've created every townie in my Sims game--took forever--and got rid of every EA townie. I don't even want my townies females walking around with rip abs. I like the Sims 4, to me because of the graphics and how the sims look now is a plus. I stopped playing it and when Sims 4 came out--the better looking Sims were the thing. I know some don't like their look. But, to me it is more realistic and you can really make some attractive looking sims.
    FWIW, if you use this mod, you can make it so that sims' muscles and/or fat won't change at all from how you make them in CAS:

http://modthesims.info/d/534028
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    jeeze, what another UNPREDICTABLE comment :D
  • Options
    DeservedCriticism is right and honestly this community proves how toxic it is each and every day. LGR is doing his job. Being disrespectful and bashing someone because y'all want everyone to shoot rainbows up EAs butt about their packs is harmful to the sims community. People can't even come here to discuss the sims because all you do is dogpile anyone who doesn't agree with you. Then claim you are the "reasonable" ones. You aren't. I can like and hate different things about the packs, but this is the entire reason I barely post here anymore. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves and find something to do that's worth your time instead of being mean to people just because you can. EA doesn't care about your white knighting. They don't need it.
    The problem with this type of comment is that if you replace "LGR" with Maxis, you can apply the same words to people who habitually complain about TS4. We're more similar than you might think. And most of the time most people are being reasonable and explaining themselves in a mature manner. Then some comment like yours summarizes everybody up as the worst possible scenario, someone reads such a comment, retorts with a comment summarizing up the other camp as the worst possible scenario at all times, and pretty soon there's a back and forth about how horrible everyone is. When in reality, most of us most of the time are saying reasonable things, no matter what "camp" we belong to.

There's just a lot of disagreement and the disagreement can sometimes turn emotional, which then turns into people leaving with a bitter perception of the whole environment. Which then motivates them to make comments like yours.

There is a dogpiling effect sometimes, but again, that happens indiscriminately. No "side" is safe from it.
  • Options
    > @Triplis said:
    > fadingaudio wrote: »
    >
    >
    > The problem with this type of comment is that if you replace "LGR" with Maxis, you can apply the same words to people who habitually complain about TS4. We're more similar than you might think.

It's exactly this.

Even as someone with no particular agenda, I find it difficult in these forums to not get lumped into either "side" at any given moment.

What's that? You didn't like the review? You're just hating on LGR. You're a white knight. You can't take criticism.
    What's that? You enjoyed the review? You're just hating on EA. Nothing pleases you. You won't ever be happy.

There's definitely more than a few people on the forums who belong to one or the other of these factions, but it's not all of us. So it would be nice to see these same pathetic arguments thrown around whenever someone shares their opinion, whether it's negative or positive.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Lmao what happened to all the Parenthood review praisers?! I guess its only a good review when its deemed well..."good." xP
    That's because the quality of his TS4 reviews are apparently proportional to how much he is interested in / enjoys the pack. Presumably, if he likes it a lot, that gives him more energy to analyze it in greater detail. If he has a very 'meh' reaction, it would seem he loses steam quickly and kinda gives up about halfway through.

At least, that is how it comes across to me from what I've seen of his TS4 reviews. He nearly always seems to be energized when he's talking about a feature he likes, or is interested in, and sounds plum near depressed when talking about stuff that disappointed him, or he has no interest in. I don't want to get deeply psychoanalytical about him, I'm just making the point that the quality of his TS4 reviews seem to be most affected by his feelings toward the pack. Which isn't really the goal of a review, but I respect his efforts nonetheless.

And while it's theoretically possible I'm just looking at it from a thoroughly biased lens, I never exactly had a high opinion of stuff packs in this game to begin with, so it's not like I'm coming at it from a standpoint of loving them to death. Compared to some on these forums, I seem like a rabid fan by sheer contrast. But it's not as though I jump to the heavens over every one; I never have. Don't get me wrong; I get a lot of enjoyment out of them, when I have them, particularly the CAS assets. And I have enjoyed following the lead-up to release for both Bowling and Fitness.

But from a critical standpoint, I do think they are kind of thin compared to the level of hype that they are given. I think the amount of content itself is pretty reasonable and whether people think it's ok largely hinges on whether they are interested in the feature set / style theme. But I think they tend to get hyped beyond what they can realistically provide and it's a challenge to review them in the context of the hype without it sounding underwhelming. I was thinking tonight about how I might do a "good" review of the Fitness SP, if I were to do one (I even did an improvised trial run, but wasn't happy with how all-over-the-place it was). So far, my conclusion is that SPs are especially difficult to do a review for in the first place because by the time reviews come out, most of the content has already been seen and described. You could play for hours and then say, "Well here's how it was for me..." but that's going to be a very subjective assessment. I think the best thing to do might be to create some kind of quality metrics that are specific to how sims gameplay works and try to go from there.

Idk. If there was a stuff pack i could remember that he actually liked (maaaaybe vintage glamor?) I could understand that point of view. But while im not saying his likes/dislikes don't affect the video quality (cause they def do; see vampires), I feel like a lot of times there is just only so much one can review on, especially with stuff packs. Cause lets be real...most of it is stuff and there isn't really much to talk about that, other than show it off to the viewer?

That doesn't mean stuff packs are inherently bad just that its hard to really do much material wise, or at least i would imagine it would be for an actual review. Cause a lot of the review of "stuff" is going to rely heavy on the buyers aesthetic and what kind of style/stuff they like. I thought the clothes/hair were really nice, but LGR didn't seem too impressed. Etc etc

The only non-stuff pack that i remember the quality being relatively low was vampires, but even then I thought it was a decent review in terms of what was covered. Just it was short, and tbh I'd take a short but honest/blunt review over a 18-20 minute ramble/milked out review. Maybe i was just biased cause i was already sold on vampires from the kick ads/catchy as hell trailer.

I just feel like LGR is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 either way he goes. If he's completely 100% honest about how he feels on things, versus just "its okay i guess" people attack him for being too negative. When he appears to be detached but still tries to remain neutral/avoid going into too much detail (which is most likely that he's not that impressed, lbr), people attack him for that too and idk???

I'm not saying everyone has to like him/his reviews consistently or like either of them at all but I feel like he gets a looooot of unnecessary ragging (some of it is genuine and not saying he's unable to do poor/bad reviews or videos( and I just can't fathom why he is picked on in particular other than that his reviews are more on the negative side. Because I know there are other really popular reviewers too.
  • Options
    you can't fathom why people might not like his reviews?
    i haven't seen any aside from this one, but if they're all like this I don't think it's much of a secret why. It probably hasn't got much to do with the negativity at all. "It's okay I guess" isn't useful information to me. Justification of it via "But he's like that all the time", or "He's just being funny" doesn't really cut it for me either. your own justification of it is something along the lines of "but it's a stuff pack, and he's always negative about stuffpacks!" kind of raises a red flag for me. What's good about a reviewer who can't ever be objective?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Idk. If there was a stuff pack i could remember that he actually liked (maaaaybe vintage glamor?) I could understand that point of view. But while im not saying his likes/dislikes don't affect the video quality (cause they def do; see vampires), I feel like a lot of times there is just only so much one can review on, especially with stuff packs. Cause lets be real...most of it is stuff and there isn't really much to talk about that, other than show it off to the viewer?

That doesn't mean stuff packs are inherently bad just that its hard to really do much material wise, or at least i would imagine it would be for an actual review. Cause a lot of the review of "stuff" is going to rely heavy on the buyers aesthetic and what kind of style/stuff they like. I thought the clothes/hair were really nice, but LGR didn't seem too impressed. Etc etc

The only non-stuff pack that i remember the quality being relatively low was vampires, but even then I thought it was a decent review in terms of what was covered. Just it was short, and tbh I'd take a short but honest/blunt review over a 18-20 minute ramble/milked out review. Maybe i was just biased cause i was already sold on vampires from the kick ads/catchy as plum trailer.

I just feel like LGR is plum either way he goes. If he's completely 100% honest about how he feels on things, versus just "its okay i guess" people attack him for being too negative. When he appears to be detached but still tries to remain neutral/avoid going into too much detail (which is most likely that he's not that impressed, lbr), people attack him for that too and idk???

I'm not saying everyone has to like him/his reviews consistently or like either of them at all but I feel like he gets a looooot of unnecessary ragging (some of it is genuine and not saying he's unable to do poor/bad reviews or videos( and I just can't fathom why he is picked on in particular other than that his reviews are more on the negative side. Because I know there are other really popular reviewers too.
    I think I agree with the gist of most of what you said. I wanted to say though: If it seems like he gets ragged on, I think it's just because he gets so much attention, period, on the forums. Since I've been following it (I can't vouch for all of the history of TS4) every time there's a new pack release, someone makes a separate, distinct thread for LGR's review. No one else gets a dedicated thread made about their review. LGR's reviews are also pretty short, so it doesn't take long to watch it and form an opinion. I think most of the other YTers don't get that kind of ragging for two reasons: 1) Exposure/attention (their reviews aren't given "special" attention) and 2) Their reviews tend to be longer, so it's not as easy to watch quickly and shoot off a quick impression.

I mean, look at the way some people ragged on Rory after she was on the livestream. Nobody was saying a negative word about her on the forums that I saw, prior to that. What was the main difference? She was exposed to a huge new audience, with a lot of potential for people who wouldn't enjoy her MO.

In other words, I don't think he's being "picked on" exactly; he just gets a lot more attention and is continuously put on a pedestal by a number of people, so he gets a lot more questioning of his ability to review a pack than do other reviewers. You can bet that if he gave nothing but glowing reviews, he'd receive about the same amount of "ragging," just from a different group of people... you need only look at some of the reactions to Rory to see how it might play out. It's not really his fault that he has to deal with that, but it may not even bother him anyway. Most of the criticism directed his way is critiquing his reviews or opinions, not himself.

Edit: And heck, it's not just Rory as an example. Just look at how often softball comments are lobbed in the direction of most of the YT simming community by people who describe their "gushing" in a disparaging manner. It's not bad enough to call it "being picked on," but they're not getting threads made for them either.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The way I see it does it really matter in the end? No because most will do what they want to do in the end. LGR gave his review and it is over and now the wait for the next review.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    you can't fathom why people might not like his reviews?
    i haven't seen any aside from this one, but if they're all like this I don't think it's much of a secret why. It probably hasn't got much to do with the negativity at all. "It's okay I guess" isn't useful information to me. Justification of it via "But he's like that all the time", or "He's just being funny" doesn't really cut it for me either. your own justification of it is something along the lines of "but it's a stuff pack, and he's always negative about stuffpacks!" kind of raises a red flag for me. What's good about a reviewer who can't ever be objective?

No, i can't fathom why people dislike him to the degree where they dig at his character and rag on every thread regarding his reviews. If you don't like it; that's fine. I just don't like it when folks go around claiming he's a sellout/fake, just being negative, claims he doesn't love the franchise anymore, which folks HAVE done/said in the past here.

Meanwhile hardly anyone brought up the whole issue of his objectiveness in the Parenthood pack, which was very positive. Maybe 2-3 people max i remember, but my memory is fuzzy.

My complaint is that a lot of people seem less critical when his content is lining up with fandoms positive expectations/hopes for a pack, versus when he is more critical. Not everyone; but in a general sense.

Im 100% fine with people not liking his content, i just feel like the forums as a majority tends to get prickly when his opinions don't tend to line up with more positive expectations/raves. And that no matter what he puts out, people are gonna nitpick him for anything.

LGR does not like stuff packs. He seems to respond more positively to gamepacks and can have mixed regarding expansion packs (I believe GTW was relatively positive, GT was positive cause clubs primarily, while I think CL he was more critical, I THINK). But because of how stuff packs are being pumped out left and right and he reviews them regardless (because some people do value his opinion/commentary whether serious or for snark). So it may seem like he fell out of love for the series but I just don't think that's true (i think he's disappointed but i feel like the series is still important to him cause of how long he's been a fan) and this idea I see folks often take it to the extreme and call him a fake and it just rubs me wrong.

Its just mainly when folks start digging to him as a reviewer and his reasoning for why he makes the videos is what bugs me, mainly cause they end up often accusatory and waaay unnecessary. He's just a simmer like everyone else; just some folks find him funny at times and enjoy his reviews and some folks just take the criticism waaaay too far.
  • Options
    Lmao what happened to all the Parenthood review praisers?! I guess its only a good review when its deemed well..."good." xP

LGR has never liked stuff packs or very rarely does and this is no exception. He showed off the items and got me a little excited about death mode for rock climb wall. I also liked the fitness videos cause those animations lmaoooo. As far as reviews goes, it was good imo. You gotta remember that this is full of STUFF not gameplay. Its going to be a much shorter review cause of that. Especially when the reviewer historically doesn't care for said stuff packs.

Also, the burger joke was meant to be in juxtaposition with the concept a fitness. Fitness vs junk food, and all that.

Folks don't have to like him, but just remember everyone was practically singing songs of praises for his review Parenthood, which was overwhelmingly positive. And now suddenly he plum again cause another stuff pack review is viewed as him being "negative."

+1
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DeservedCriticism is right and honestly this community proves how toxic it is each and every day. LGR is doing his job. Being disrespectful and bashing someone because y'all want everyone to shoot rainbows up EAs butt about their packs is harmful to the sims community. People can't even come here to discuss the sims because all you do is dogpile anyone who doesn't agree with you. Then claim you are the "reasonable" ones. You aren't. I can like and hate different things about the packs, but this is the entire reason I barely post here anymore. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves and find something to do that's worth your time instead of being mean to people just because you can. EA doesn't care about your white knighting. They don't need it.

+1
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited June 2017
    Mendota wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people are saying that LGR is a bad reviewer. :D It's obvious that many many sims fans think he's a fantastic reviewer and gives a good insight into packs. He might have a sarcastic tone, and that might not be for everyone, but I and many other sim fans thoroughly enjoy his insightful tirades and descriptions. :D It's very important to me that when I buy a pack I not only watch the official live stream, but also watch his reviews to get the details on how features work etc. I don't agree with every single word LGR says about a pack - It's possible for me to still enjoy his reviews and get valuable information out of them. I feel like alot of the people that are saying he's a bad reviewer might be children that get upset that their favorite game is being criticized. Kids, it's okay to like something even though others don't, and it's okay to like a review of someone you disagree with. For fracks sake, it's like a middle school in here sometimes. :D
    At last others are beginning to see what I have always seen. He doesn't understand that when you review something, it is not about you, but about the target audience. As an IT professional, I myself am not a Mac fan, but if asked to give an opinion or review of a Mac, I go with the strengths and reasons it would appeal to Mac fans.
    Have you even watched his reviews? This is exactly what LGR does.

Of course I have watch his videos or else I wouldn't comment. And he is not at all interested in Sims 4 fans. He only cares about what he likes. He likes Sims 3 and thinks it was the best. Good for him, but it is not the best for those who don't like Sims 3. I like Windows, but I don't tell my Mac users that they are wrong for liking Mac OS. And when the approach me with enthusiasm about something new on their Mac, I don't try and rain on their parade. There is no accounting for why different people like different things. And as for money, if it is worth it to the person that buys it, that is all that matter. I just bought the new Surface Laptop. A lot of complainers are saying that it is "overpriced"... Worth every dollar to me.
    Not all sims fans thinks Sims 4 is all perfect, dude. LGR is part of the group that wishes for a better game, so yes he knows who he's talking to. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean ALL sims fans thinks exactly like you do. Just read the comments on his reviews. LOL

Well Dude... As far as I am concerned Sims 4 is a better game. But that really wasn't the point. The point was different people like different things. Do you understand that? And not all Sims fans agree with you. And no just because you happen to like the person that agrees with you doesn't mean that he knows what he is talking about. Your bitterness at not getting your way is showing. Deal with it, that is how life is. As that old song goes: You can't always get what you want.
    I'm actually a fan of Sims 4, but I can also be critical of the game at the same time, so wth would I be bitter? I realize that not all fans think the same, it just didn't come off as you understood that. But okay, good. And just because someone disagrees with your point of view it doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. I think I'm dealing with all this way better than you are, sweetie. But hey, maybe you're just bad at showing it. :D I don't assume things. ;)

You are the one that said LGR knew what he was talking about just because he agreed with you. I don't care whether you like Sims 4 or not. You are not doing me any favors. As for LGR, there are good reviewers and bad ones, and he is not among the good ones. Times are hard at YouTube these days, falling revenues due to ad blockers. LGR is simply prostituting himself for clicks by tapping into the negative side, but it is starting to back fire on him, just as it has with another once popular site, MTS. They allowed the negativity to get out of hand and so many have left including most of the best modders. Going the low road might be easy at first, but it tends to catch up with you.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 I literally said I don't always agree with him. Also I disagree, he's a fantastic reviewer, and many simmers agree with me. He's not negative or hateful at all. Doesn't mean that I always agree with him.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I pretty much could tell the this pack was going to be a waste of money and LGR just confirmed it. I will save my money for something more interesting and not for a burger either.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm sold LGR was right I should get a burger. Really this pack is just not good I was really hoping for an actual fitness pack that stuck to its theme I swear they just cant do it unless its a game pack. I wanted this pack to help decorate my gyms instead of a recolored home bathtub I wanted gym showers maybe some décor like weights not some lounge chairs and glass tables. Who ever is designing the clothing and hair did a horrible job with this pack the hair is all ugly I'd never use any of it the same with clothing but 2 pieces the sport top with the jacket and male shorts otherwise hideous.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    The burgers looked really good.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited June 2017
    MikeAM91 wrote: »
    LGR's review was great, I agree with him 100%. That being said I will probably still buy this stuff pack because I really want the new wall coverings which is super sad, but then again I spend at least 10 bucks on lunch everyday so it's not like buying this stuff pack will break the bank. That's how they get you with these stuff packs, there will be one thing you will want and you end up saying what's ten bucks I pay that for a burger for lunch.

@MikeAM91 Same. I like his reviews too. He doesn't influence me either way. I can tell what I will and will not like for the most part. I like to see reviews because sometimes there will be additional info that I missed in a livestream or reading about it on the forum. I purchased Fitness Stuff today, like I planned to. I like it so far. I love DLC, so I was looking forward to the BB objects as well as the earbuds. I don't always like to send my Sims to the gym because I think in general they are boring, so I was happy to have the fitness channel. My Sims all live in SM, some are limited by space, so the workout will come in handy for those that can't afford workout equipment or don't have the space. My Sims who live in the penthouse are okay. :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    I'm actually disappointed with his review.

I don't always agree with LGR's reviews -- but this one seemed lazier or more easily dismissed than "aptly-named series" necessary...

"hairstyles... they're fine I guess"
    "shirts and pants... fine I guess"
    "shoes and leggings... fine enough too... I guess"

I mean. It barely clocked in at 5 minutes... which is fine I guess. I also get that the snark is part of the charm of the reviews too but... there was hardly any in this one, and what snark there was fell flat. Could have saved everyone a bunch of trouble and just tweeted out "Fitness pack is fine I guess. Wouldn't pay full price for it."

Which is also what I expect of LGR when it comes to SP's anyways. At this point, idk why he bothers to cover SP's at all; the review is almost always the same. "Ralph, meh, game-play object description, don't buy SP" -- or some variation of that with very few exceptions.

Between LGR's obvious dislike for SP's, his waning interest in Sims 4 as a whole, the targeted audience of a Stuff Pack to begin with (people who just want themed variations on... stuff) -- LGR might honestly be better off committing the time to make/edit another video or series. I'd much prefer that to him approaching every SP like it's supposed to be a GP or EP and then sacrificing the quality of his reviews with every new disappointment he has.

Not that it matters to him or anyone else, but I've personally unsubscribed from LGR after this one (though I had begun to take what he says with a grain of salt long ago). A drop in the bucket, I'm sure. His disillusionment with the franchise is more burden than boon I've found. While I've come to realize there are indeed many flaws to be found in the Sims 4, I find that LGR's reviews only serve to hinder my ability to enjoy what fun there is to be had in the game. At this point, he's kind of like that guy at the party you just can't cheer up -- and just brings everyone else down around him (intentionally or not).

That's not to say I need him to be all sunshine and rainbows either. Anyone who has experience with social situations can tell you that the downer can be just as annoying as the person who is 100% smiles and positive feels. But a little more objective reasoning and approach or even some tailor-made-for-the-pack criticism could go a long way.

I mean... I get that this wasn't the most ground breaking SP to begin with, but... would it be too much to ask for 15s on why the clothes are just "fine I guess"? At least feign some semblance of a "lazy review".

TLDR: review was fine I guess. Not sure I would stay subscribed to his channel if I were you, if this is the standard for incoming reviews /snark.

LOL, you didn't the total 'meh factor' he was trying to relate. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited June 2017
    LGR's review is the best!
    Or should I say
    LGR are the best!
  • Options
    nakibotnakibot Posts: 176 Member
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people are saying that LGR is a bad reviewer. :D It's obvious that many many sims fans think he's a fantastic reviewer and gives a good insight into packs. He might have a sarcastic tone, and that might not be for everyone, but I and many other sim fans thoroughly enjoy his insightful tirades and descriptions. :D It's very important to me that when I buy a pack I not only watch the official live stream, but also watch his reviews to get the details on how features work etc. I don't agree with every single word LGR says about a pack - It's possible for me to still enjoy his reviews and get valuable information out of them. I feel like alot of the people that are saying he's a bad reviewer might be children that get upset that their favorite game is being criticized. Kids, it's okay to like something even though others don't, and it's okay to like a review of someone you disagree with. For fracks sake, it's like a middle school in here sometimes. :D
    At last others are beginning to see what I have always seen. He doesn't understand that when you review something, it is not about you, but about the target audience. As an IT professional, I myself am not a Mac fan, but if asked to give an opinion or review of a Mac, I go with the strengths and reasons it would appeal to Mac fans.
    Have you even watched his reviews? This is exactly what LGR does.

I agree.

He's the only reviewer I watch on YouTube but despite his disappointments and criticisms (some I agree, some I don't), they have never dissuaded me from buying the game and its packs.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited June 2017
    I've always watched LGR's reviews ever since Sims 3 and he is giving his personal opinion about the ep, gp, sp. Some of the time I totally agree and others, like this last review, I disagree. I love his sense of humor and he does not sugar-coat his opinions. With this being said, I will make up my own mind whether or not I will buy. It's not a big secret that LGR hates sps, i.e.Ralph so I watched his review with this in mind, and I was right. No mind, I will continue watching his reviews and enjoying them for what they are...unbiased.

I thought he was on a roll with great reviews of toddlers and vampires gp, so he does care a lot about The Sims, just not sps. B)

Edit to say I'm buying the sp because I loved the climbing wall in Sims 3 and this one is even better, plus I love that working out to the tv has returned. I have many athletic sims who are chomping at the bit to prove themselves on that wall, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.