Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer's Fitness SP review is now up

Comments

• HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited June 2017
    Usually I enjoy LGR Reviews, and even when I often have to disagree with him I could at least understand some of his critiques. Here I just can't. Considering that he was indifferent about Stuff packs in TS3 (he liked actually the high end loft stuff pack), although they just offered reskined objects, Zero gameplay and were twice as expensive, the conclusion on this one was Kind of irritating. In Addition it doesn't really help that he totally didn't get the Point of the earbuds (--> main functionality is to provide a mobile source of Music for the player).

The climbing wall Looks excellent (the animations were amazing + the functionality is nice as well), I love the workouts on TV and the earbuds + CAS-items are just a nice Bonus to me.

Granted, I really don't like the theme but this is easily the best stuff pack in the whole TS franchise (gameplay-wise anyway) --> Cost:gameplay Ratio is unbeaten.

Oh well, it's unfortunate that LGR is not able to Sublimate his hate towards TS4 and give the packs a fair Chance lately.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    From the review, it's obvious that LGR didn't realize that rock wall climbing was a hidden skill. The review was fine, I guess.

plum people really? You think if he knew this he'd be like "10/10 BEST STUFF PACK GO BUY TEN COPIES!!!!"
    Izzabelle wrote: »

I don't always agree with LGR's reviews -- but this one seemed lazier or more easily dismissed than "aptly-named series" necessary...

I mean. It barely clocked in at 5 minutes... which is fine I guess.

Dude the livestream lasted like 35 minutes or so instead of the usual hour! The last bit was all filler about other topics. You diss him for a short review when the official livestream for the pack was likewise short...??? Seems more likely there's simply nothing to talk about because the pack is bad.

New LGR thread, same old story: the most adamant die-hard fans ready to blindly buy any pack expose themselves by reviewing LGR instead of reviewing the pack. It's a logic that seems to assume by default that the product is good and then judges LGR based on if he realized that or not. And before anyone comments "I said it was fine," you said "it's fine I guess;" the fact you even think his review needs a review or the passive-aggressiveness oozing from that statement makes it obvious the bad review is bothersome to some folks. It should be obvious this one is lacking when it fell short on time in the livestream, not to mention it's a theme that definitely wasn't on the top of everyone's to-do list.

Calling it now we're gonna see "I'm disappointed" or "THAT'S IT???" threads tomorrow and the day after, but that won't change that we'll see them after the next stuff pack either.

people will find something bad to say no matter what
    it wouldn't matter if the pack was the best yet
    you can't please everyone

This is not objective, this is a hyperbolic statement. I can apply your same hyperbolic statement to literally anything. You could tell me polar bears are going extinct and that this makes you upset, and I could reply "people will find something bad to say no matter what. You can't please everyone" as if to say we should be glad they're gone.
    It's not hyperbolic. But yes, it can be applied to most anything, including LGR's review. You could say it's a copout maybe. A way of avoiding constructive criticism to do a better job (which, in some circumstances, could be applied to LGR's review, as well as the pack). But it's not hyperbole.

Really though, what matters is you want to assess things for what people are saying as criticism exactly. If you make something and most of the criticism is "I don't like your face," it's probably best to apply a statement like what comicsforlife said and move on with your life. If you get a bunch of detailed feedback about why something does or doesn't work for a person and how it might be done better, that's a whole different story. But then, comicsforlife is not Maxis and Maxis will operate as they are going to operate, regardless of what some players say about the feedback toward the pack.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    It occurs to me (never really occurred to me before) there's something inherently off about getting a review on whether you should pay for something from someone who got it for free. It robs the reviewer of the real feeling as to whether their money was well spent. Not sure what it has to do with this review, other than that the burger comment was weird to me... like it was a joke, I guess. But who in their right mind would spend $10 on a burger of all things, compared to something more permanent like this? Or is his overall assessment just meant to be that poor of the pack content that even next to a burger, it's plum?

But to be fair, that could go both ways, I watch a few reviewers from the influencer programme and they are always very detailed but
    It's bordering on over detailed I.e seeing each recolour of each outfit, comments (some squeals) of glee over very small things. Each to their own. One of them said recently something along the lines of "it's only 9 dollars, that's not a lot" and my first thought was "yes to YOU it isn't because you get all your content for free" I do wonder if she would be so excitable had she had to pay for every SP, GP and EP. It all adds up. I find it refreshing LGR does not tell you to buy it or try and justify a purchase by saying "it's only x amount"

As for the burger comparision to be honest for that price you can get a meal out at a burger restaurant, some people will be happy to spend that on the dine out experience, others will prefer to spend it on a game, DVD or book. It's personal choice. A night with friends and family eating a nice meal may last longer than some people's enjoyment in this pack. Each to their own.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    From the review, it's obvious that LGR didn't realize that rock wall climbing was a hidden skill. The review was fine, I guess.

plum people really? You think if he knew this he'd be like "10/10 BEST STUFF PACK GO BUY TEN COPIES!!!!"

I don't always agree with LGR's reviews -- but this one seemed lazier or more easily dismissed than "aptly-named series" necessary...

Dude the livestream lasted like 35 minutes or so instead of the usual hour! The last bit was all filler about other topics. You diss him for a short review when the official livestream for the pack was likewise short...??? Seems more likely there's simply nothing to talk about because the pack is bad.

New LGR thread, same old story: the most adamant die-hard fans ready to blindly buy any pack expose themselves by reviewing LGR instead of reviewing the pack. It's a logic that seems to assume by default that the product is good and then judges LGR based on if he realized that or not. And before anyone comments "I said it was fine," you said "it's fine I guess;" the fact you even think his review needs a review or the passive-aggressiveness oozing from that statement makes it obvious the bad review is bothersome to some folks. It should be obvious this one is lacking when it fell short on time in the livestream, not to mention it's a theme that definitely wasn't on the top of everyone's to-do list.

Calling it now we're gonna see "I'm disappointed" or "THAT'S IT???" threads tomorrow and the day after, but that won't change that we'll see them after the next stuff pack either.

This is not objective, this is a hyperbolic statement. I can apply your same hyperbolic statement to literally anything. You could tell me polar bears are going extinct and that this makes you upset, and I could reply "people will find something bad to say no matter what. You can't please everyone" as if to say we should be glad they're gone.

it is to objective in fact people can find something bad to say about anything no matter how nice it is
    even dare I say it Cupcakes and puppies
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    But to be fair, that could go both ways, I watch a few reviewers from the influencer programme and they are always very detailed but
    It's bordering on over detailed I.e seeing each recolour of each outfit, comments (some squeals) of glee over very small things. Each to their own. One of them said recently something along the lines of "it's only 9 dollars, that's not a lot" and my first thought was "yes to YOU it isn't because you get all your content for free" I do wonder if she would be so excitable had she had to pay for every SP, GP and EP. It all adds up. I find it refreshing LGR does not tell you to buy it or try and justify a purchase by saying "it's only x amount"

As for the burger comparision to be honest for that price you can get a meal out at a burger restaurant, some people will be happy to spend that on the dine out experience, others will prefer to spend it on a game, DVD or book. It's personal choice. A night with friends and family eating a nice meal may last longer than some people's enjoyment in this pack. Each to their own.
    Oh, I agree it goes both ways. It just never occurred to me before how odd it is to hear a recommendation or dismissal about money from someone who didn't actually spend the money.

W/ regards to the burger, maybe it has to do with where you live. I know there are some expensive places in my area, but I can't imagine casually going out to get a $10 burger. When I think of getting a burger, I think of those places where they sell them for something like $5 for a combo meal, in total, including drink and fries.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    I disagree. To an extent.

Firstly -- "diss him"? No. But I am providing some... deserved criticism though. ba da tsh! (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist)

The livestream may have been short, but that's not actually the subject of my criticisms. just something to emphasize my point...

Like I said before, I know this pack wasn't the most ground breaking SP, but there is still plenty to be said here. Especially if you want to remain objective and offer constructive feedback. Which, IMO, does more for a reviewer and a developer than just a string of "fine I guess". Especially if you want to engage more specific discussion from your viewership or provide ideas that any dev watching may be able to take and run with.

A simple few seconds on why the clothes were just fine, why the furniture style is or isn't a benefit, what other features might have made this a "good" pack as opposed to a "bad" pack. Or, if LGR -- as name implies -- wanted to be lazy about it... some scoffing mockery about it would have been acceptable too.
    Firstly, the assumptions aren't necessary. I'm not an adamant die-hard fan ready to blindly buy any pack. Not sure if I could call myself a fan, let alone die-hard or adamant; as sims is my break from games that are a break from life.

Secondly. I didn't review the pack because... well the title of this thread is "Lazy Gamer's review of Fitness Stuff is Monday(Now Posted)". So to stay on topic, I discussed LGR's review. But if you're interested in a quick lgr of my own; Sims 4 Fitness is great for builders and people looking for a little more variety to athletic-wear, while disappointing in actual game-play and activities. I would have liked to have seen more effort put into the game-play side of things, even if just a new collectible for Energized moodlets. If you want a full in-depth review though, you'll have to PM me for it so as not to go off-topic.

That said, I don't rightly care if LGR's review is negative. All of my favorite games have at least 1 negative review from someone, but I enjoy them regardless. Any Sims 4 pack you buy will be no different. But the quality of LGR's review -- IMO -- has become seemingly negative "for no reason". Where as if you watch his earlier videos, he would at least lazily explain why with a joke or heavy snark. It's why I watched LGR in the first place, because he offered a different perspective from the 100% "OH MY GOD I LOVE EVERYTHING" reviewers -- but he also did it with some funny snark.

I feel that if you're a fan of LGR (which I was), this video was simply a disservice to you.
    For sure -- and there's not much you or I can do about it. But we can both voice our opinions.

And IMO, I think LGR needs to improve the quality of his reviews, even if it's for a SP that's particularly cringe-worthy for him. But that's just my opinion, and like I said before -- I'm sure I'm just a drop in the bucket -- and if LGR is going to do well regardless, then there's no real reason he needs to listen to me. (assuming he's even reading this)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZU6MUcP.gif
    edited June 2017

Oh, I agree it goes both ways. It just never occurred to me before how odd it is to hear a recommendation or dismissal about money from someone who didn't actually spend the money.

W/ regards to the burger, maybe it has to do with where you live. I know there are some expensive places in my area, but I can't imagine casually going out to get a $10 burger. When I think of getting a burger, I think of those places where they sell them for something like $5 for a combo meal, in total, including drink and fries.

You have a point about reviewers as they aren't spending the money on the packs. I don't think though LGR would really bother if he stopped getting codes. I don't imagine he plays the sims 4 in his downtime the way other influencers may do. My favourite reviewers are non influencers when they do reviews for the sims 4 because they are less how shall I say? Gushing!

There's an expensive burger place in my area that charges £15 for a burger, I'm not sure if that's a meal, but as the place is the kind of restaurant where drinks and sides are extra purchases probably not. I wouldn't spend that amount in a burger but eating out in expensive places isn't my thing. I have a friend who happily spends up to £150 on a meal and I think that's crazy money but it's her money and she probably thinks what I spend on games is crazy.

You have a point about reviewers as they aren't spending the money on the packs. I don't think though LGR would really bother if he stopped getting codes. I don't imagine he plays the sims 4 in his downtime the way other influencers may do. My favourite reviewers are non influencers when they do reviews for the sims 4 because they are less how shall I say? Gushing!

There's an expensive burger place in my area that charges £15 for a burger, I'm not sure if that's a meal, but as the place is the kind of restaurant where drinks and sides are extra purchases probably not. I wouldn't spend that amount in a burger but eating out in expensive places isn't my thing. I have a friend who happily spends up to £150 on a meal and I think that's crazy money but it's her money and she probably thinks what I spend on games is crazy.
    Interestingly, something that some may miss when they see a person like me commenting criticism of an LGR review, is that I watch (some of) his reviews for more or less the same reason you stated. He has a hint of straightforward, reasoned analysis that a lot of them either don't have, or they take a while to get to the point about it. If I just wanted to cheerlead and listen to cheerleading, I would have no reason to watch what he does and therefore no fuel to question how he does things from review to review.

As for the burger discussion, I do know of some places that sell burgers for that much in my area as well. They are just more of a "restaurant" in general, as opposed to fast food (and fast food is what came to mind for me when he said burger). But yeah, people certainly have their preferences on what money-well-spent actually means and what it should be spent on. It just seemed kind of an odd thing to be saying to an audience of people who are presumably fans of the sims series and would be likely to prioritize a sims pack over an expensive burger. So that's why I was wondering if it was just meant to be that deeply of a criticism of how little he values the pack content, or if it was more of a tongue-in-cheek snark LGR moment.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

it is to objective in fact people can find something bad to say about anything no matter how nice it is
    even dare I say it Cupcakes and puppies

Do you even know what objective means? Focus on the scenario, focus on what we have sitting here in front of us. To say "you can't please anyone" is to derail the discussion away from assessing this pack and more towards a universal truth you can't please everyone. It downplays the tangible criticisms in favor of implying "you can't please everyone though so we shouldn't bother trying and LGR disliking this pack means nothing." You've completely glanced over everything he's stated and discredited it with a generic statement that's absolutely meaningless and worthless.

From his video alone I spotted two things that bother me:

1) The earbuds salesman. The Sims team has a terrible habit of forcefeeding new content down people's throats. We got Kids Stuff? Suddenly every sim watches Between TV regardless of personality. City Living released? People still complain the basketball goal is a magnet. Now we have sims calling your sim to try and sell earbuds to you, and he seems to have implied they're "very persistent." I loathe that kind of stuff. I long for the days developers understood subtlety instead of trying to ensure you've discovered all the new content within the first 5 minutes. Seeing that only makes me want to avoid the pack.

2) The rockclimbing wall being random. Some form of relationship with the fitness skill or energized mood or SOMETHING would be nice. To see that it just seems completely random really diminishes it's value, because if you have a Sim that climbs that thing daily, they still might get beat by Joe Schmo.

Discuss the pack. Not broad generalizations that mean nothing, not LGR's skill as a reviewer or lack thereof. Discuss the pack.

The livestream may have been short, but that's not actually the subject of my criticisms. just something to emphasize my point...

And why not? Would you expect someone who reviews a TV show episode to have as in-depth of a review as someone who reviews a 3 hour movie? Why are you expecting a standard from LGR, but when this stuff pack breaks the standard and fails to be up to snuff, you don't wanna talk about it? There's very plausibly a correlation between the fact that neither the Sims team themselves (who want you to buy this) nor LGR could meet their old standard: the pack has less stuff.
    Like I said before, I know this pack wasn't the most ground breaking SP, but there is still plenty to be said here.

Such as??? This is the problem: you assume he's not covering everything. You put the result before the equation. If he covers everything and has positive things to say, it means he did his job. If he didn't, it means he didn't cover everything. How the heck would you know??

A simple few seconds on why the clothes were just fine, why the furniture style is or isn't a benefit, what other features might have made this a "good" pack as opposed to a "bad" pack.

Please show me ANY pack where LGR went into extensive detail about the clothing or furniture. He's always briefly covered it and just made a brief comment on if he likes the style or not. The last pack I remember where he went into detail was Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, and that was to highlight just how poorly made the clothing and furniture actually was.

You're criticizing him for something that's standard for him. That's the problem. If he fell short from a standard....? Sure, go nuts. That's not the case though. This is his standard, but now suddenly when he has a giant "DO NOT BUY" review, suddenly it's a problem and he should be ashamed of his shoddy work...? Yeah right.

Secondly. I didn't review the pack because... well the title of this thread is "Lazy Gamer's review of Fitness Stuff is Monday(Now Posted)". So to stay on topic, I discussed LGR's review. But if you're interested in a quick lgr of my own; Sims 4 Fitness is great for builders and people looking for a little more variety to athletic-wear, while disappointing in actual game-play and activities. I would have liked to have seen more effort put into the game-play side of things, even if just a new collectible for Energized moodlets. If you want a full in-depth review though, you'll have to PM me for it so as not to go off-topic.

Two things:

1) How can you possibly review it? I say this as someone who thinks you can 100% review something from seeing it in a Let's play, but this...? You haven't played it. You haven't gotten to sit down and place those objects and see how well or poorly they fit in with different ideas. You have no idea if LGR's assessment of the randomness factor of the rock climbing wall is correct or not, and currently you must rely on his superior insight.

2) "Sims 4 Fitness is great for builders and people looking for a little more variety to athletic-wear." <----SUBJECTIVE!!!! Thank you for proving my point! You're upset with LGR for not agreeing with you on this point, and that's ridiculous. Gameplay is something we can get a somewhat "universal" feel for if it's solid or not, but the style of clothing and hair is always going to be subjective. You may love the furniture from a pack I hate and vice versa, because we have different tastes. I've seen plenty of people post they really don't care for the style of the furniture, as well as a post pointing out we now have 3 or 4 super similar crop-tops thanks to this pack adding yet another.

LGR is under no obligation to agree with you on this matter, and this is a matter that we should all be able to simply use our eyes, look at the style and say "yes I like it" or "no I don't." You take this a step further and assert his review is lazy when he doesn't praise the furniture in the same way you would, and that's exactly my problem. Instead of agreeing to disagree, you try to afford yourself objective high ground and claim he objectively did something wrong.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    I'm surprised LGR didn't mention that the ear buds have no inserting and taking out animation. Another reviewer did and they weren't happy. Seems with every new object the limitations are there too. Shame but not surprising.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Lol, he certainly held nothing back in his review
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I get the strong impression that he doesn't like TS4 at all.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2017
    Why not? Because that's not what I addressed in my post. Again, as I said. I used it to emphasize my point, not make it the subject of. I mean... if you want me to talk about the length of the review vs the correlation of available content -- I could? But I'm not going to. Especially since the mediums were different.

This is 100% relevant. That you even refuse to entertain that idea or discuss it only hints towards your own bias. Why are you refusing to discuss that the length of LGR's review might simply correlate with the size of the content and the length of the own official stream? You're claiming he could've done more as if to say there was plenty more to review, but you don't know that and all evidence suggests otherwise. The only thing he could've done more is review each individual furniture piece and clothing piece, which is something he's never been in the habit of doing.
    Such as elaborating on the things he's shown -- I listed examples, did you miss them?

Yes, I did. Please point them out, I don't see them. Pretend I'm a blind 5-year-old and help me out here. Quote yourself pointing out these examples. The only thing even remotely close to pointing out "examples" would be that you wanted more coverage of furniture and clothing, which again is something he's never ever done, so it's very odd to see you outraged with this now when he's been like this for ages. That's like buying a ticket to a horror movie and then demanding your money back because it didn't have enough romance scenes.
    Easy. I even remember this one, don't even have to look it up; Kids Stuff Pack. Elaborated on the clothing, saying he wished there was a shirt available for adults too. Talks about how the stuff is indeed made just for kids. I'm paraphrasing of course, but I remember agreeing with him that it would have been nice if some designs made it to the adults as well.

Dude, go watch it. He talks about clothing for a grand total of 18 seconds.

Infact, now that you mention it, all his stuff pack reviews are 5 minutes in length!! The idea this review is shorter is pure fiction! Gee! That's interesting!! I seem to remember a certain simmer was just criticizing his review for "barely clocking in at over 5 minutes" and acting like this was a huge sign of neglect and apathy on his part! It's as if that statement was made with zero grounds of truth whatsoever and infact his Stuff pack reviews have been 5 minutes in length since the beginning of Sims 4! Wowowowowowowow!!!
    I'm saying the quality in which he says his opinion/gives his review, doesn't seem to be on par with his past reviews -- which, IMO, seem to have been steadily declining for a while now.

How? Every reason you've given thusfar has been blatantly untrue. Your criticisms have been that he doesn't review the clothing and the furniture and say his opinion, but this is something he's only ever briefly covered, even back to Sims 3. His method has always been to gloss over them, list them off, give brief glimpses of them and only the most basic commentary. You spoke as though just barely clocking in at 5 minutes is a sign of a lazy review, but every single Stuff pack review is in that exact range. Again, this extends to Sims 3. This has been his system for years; there's zero reason to complain about it now.

It's very simple: you claim you're disappointed with his review, but I question why on earth we repeatedly and habitually see simmers reviewing LGR's reviews whenever he has negative feedback about a pack. This didn't happen with Parenthood, but yes it happened with City Living, Fitness stuff and other packs he panned. So here you are reviewing his review like so many others are in the habit of doing, but thusfar all arguments you've provided are either weak or terribly out-of-context with his past reviews. You acted like 5 mins is low, but it's the standard. You act like glossing over clothing and furniture is a drop in quality, but it's his standard. Everything you've criticized has been his standard for ages. There is no change in format, length, focus, and you've given zero reasons for the change in quality beyond "he makes it obvious he doesn't care," but this dismisses that he may not care because he feels the pack is bad, AKA it's a part of the review.

So here I am and I see a pattern: LGR dislikes a review, people dislike LGR. They also do a rather poor job of highlighting what he does wrong, and even make factually wrong or odd assessments when they attempt to criticize him. What am I supposed to take from that....?

Sometimes, people lie. More importantly, sometimes they lie to themselves. That's actually one of the worst lies, in my experience, because a person lying to themselves is almost impossible to get through to. There's this great academic study discussing brand loyalty and consumer psychology, and how fans of a brand can often become so loyal to that brand, that any criticisms of the brand are psychologically and subconciously processed as personal attacks and personal insults towards the fans themselves. The result is fans can act rather irrational and show an overzealousness towards protecting a brand, because it's not actually about the brand, it's about themselves. They've falsely registered this as an attack on them - completely subconciously too so it's not something that's easy to get a grasp on - and like any normal human being would, they defend themselves....except it was never an attack on them, it was an attack on a brand. This is an actual study we're talking about here; this is not blind speculation on my part, this is a phenomenon supported by science itself.

So here I am questioning if that's the category you fall into. If you named better, more concrete reasons to be disappointed in him that actually align factually with his track record...? Maybe I would be more inclined to believe you genuinely think that way. That isn't the case though, so yes, I'm questioning if you're perhaps upset to see this pack get a negative review because you like the style, and instead of simply leaving it as "agree to disagree," you are now trying to claim LGR somehow dropped the ball and did something wrong with the review.

Now am I right? I have no idea. My goal is more to voice the possibility and provoke some thought rather than to definitively prove anything. At this point I think you and I should agree to disagree, because I cannot ever prove if you were truly acting that way, I can only highlight the absurdity of some of your claims or how the overwhelming bulk of your posts have been discussing him rather than the pack, or things he stated about the pack that you disagree with. If we didn't agree to disagree we'd just endlessly be arguing about your thought process and the convo would never end, but why I question your thought process...? Well it's obvious: your criticisms have made no sense thusfar in the context of his history as a reviewer.

I would not be criticizing someone, for example, if they said they prefer when the earbuds are loud enough for us to hear; that seems like a preference or difference in taste that's understandable from both sides though. You didn't do that though, you criticized him and implied this review is lazy compared to past ones. The only evidence you've provided though is the length of the vid (which is his standard), the lack of coverage for clothing and furniture (which is his standard) and the tone of his voice. (which may be a result of LGR really disliking the pack rather than him being lazy about the quality of the review)

Nowhere did I say he had to review as I would review, and I certainly wouldn't be "happy" if he simply praised the furniture (even if I praised it in the same way). I'd want him to have something to say, as opposed to simply dismissing something outright.

To illustrate what I mean, imagine sitting with a mate over lunch and you ask "So what do you think of that new show" -it's fine I guess- ... "Hows your girlfriend?" -she's fine I guess- ... "...how's life?" -it's fine I guess-. With that kind of same vague response, after a few questions you start wondering -- maybe it would have been better to have skipped a lunch outing and then you stop asking questions.

I'm not so sure what he did with this review is "wrong" I wouldn't call it that. But this review (again, IMO) doesn't seem up to snuff. If you like the snark and mockery, you didn't get much. if you liked elaboration, you didn't even get much of that even on the negative side of the spectrum.

Go watch any of the reviews I linked or any others. This is his standard. The Sims 3 High End Loft stuff in particular, he literally just lists the stuff off and makes no commentary about any of it besides saying the Sims 1 callback items are cool.

If you were a first-time viewer of LGR and you made your exact criticism? Cool. But when you sit here describing yourself as a long-time fan and express disappointment over things that have been his standard for years, then yes, I have to question what's really going on.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    What a boring, lazy review... I'm not against he disliking the pack, but It's been some time that his reviews, specially for stuff packs, have been deviod of content, just with complains and saying everything is meh. I liked his reviews because they were funny and seemed well made, even when they were reviews for stuff packs that were more expensive and with no gameplay content.

I really feel like he doesn't like TS4 and nothing real can change that, and It's really impacting his reviews. I used to wait for them, but now the idea of watching them bores me because it's so predictable!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm burgers......

Yeah, the burgers did look good... so did the pack, lol. And fine is fine. I think the pack has enough potential for ten bucks and while It won't be my favorite, so what. They can't all be tied for first place.
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    I really feel like he doesn't like TS4 and nothing real can change that, and It's really impacting his reviews. I used to wait for them, but now the idea of watching them bores me because it's so predictable!
    +1 (Though I did not watch the latest Fitness SP review.)

It reminds me of music fans that love a band up to a certain album but then something changes (them, the band, the weather) and it's never the same again. The feeling is gone but they can't let go. They'll keep buying the latest album, only to be disappointed (as expected) and long for the "glory days". It's not that there's no truth in their disappointment, it's that they've reached a point where the romance is over and it's probably better to walk away.

We change as we get older. Our interests, our views, our priorities, experiences etc. The Sims has been around long enough for many of us to have outgrown the game (Outgrown is not meant to imply that this or any other game is for children or immature individuals). Ask yourself how many things that brought you pleasure 15 years ago still bring you pleasure today. Not nostalgia but actual pleasure.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Not sure what is more entertaining LGRS review/opinion or the slog fest between DeservedCriticism and Izzabelle

And now im off to buy the pack and have some fun :)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I actually had a $10 burger yesterday. Red Robin's anyone? It was really good.

I will end up getting the pack at some point. I watched a few seconds at the beginning and end of LGR's review, but I don't like being spoiled so I rarely watch entire reviews or livestreams. But it's clear he really doesn't care about Sims 4 anymore which is why I take his reviews with a grain of salt.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2017
    I loved his review and found myself agreeing about certain items and things. I agree SPs are not something that I get peps for. I wasn't excited for them from Sims 2 to present they are basically fillers.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    Nothing against LGR but let's be real. Don't know why he's saying he'd find it a struggle to pay the 10 bucks for it. Even if EA made him pay for the pack, he'd buy it. Lord knows he's gonna make a lot more than $10 off the review.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2017
    I liked the review it was clear, concise and straight to the point.

Ah yes!!! the same old fans who love no constructive criticism (including feedback and reporting bugs) about anything sims 4 related claiming they liked him before but now his reviews are lame. Yall never liked him before so... Also why are people calling it a "lazy" review, his channel name is basically LAZY GAME REVIEWS please be real lol.

I have little interest in this stuff pack because not much fitness stuff was added tbh. I would have loved some new fitness equipment especially as it a Fitness stuff pack. Maybe some dumbbells, skipping ropes (they were in sims 2 also), those giant bouncy balls you sit on (I forgot the name) and so on. That being said I love the ear phones and the fact they brought back the way to workout using the TV from the sims 2.

If you wanna buy it by all means if not no worries, there are still other reviewers that you can watch on youtube or twitch.

C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @stepbot153 said:
    > I liked the review it was clear, concise and straight to the point.
    >
    > Ah yes!!! the same old fans who love no constructive criticism (including feedback and reporting bugs) about anything sims 4 related claiming they liked him before but now his reviews are lame. Yall never liked him before so... Also why are people calling it a "lazy" review, his channel name is basically LAZY GAME REVIEWS please be real lol.
    >
    > I have little interest in this stuff pack because not much fitness stuff was added tbh. I would have loved some new fitness equipment especially as it a Fitness stuff pack. Maybe some dumbbells, skipping ropes (they were in sims 2 also), those giant bouncy balls you sit on (I forgot the name) and so on. That being said I love the ear phones and the fact they brought back the way to workout using the TV from the sims 2.
    >
    > If you wanna buy it by all means if not no worries, there are still other reviewers that you can watch on youtube or twitch.

unsurprisingly, for each person there is that says they didn't like the review only because it was negative, there are two or three more people there to say that everyone who didn't like it can't handle constructive criticism and lives in a fairy dreamworld.

It's like there's no medium for you people.