Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer's Fitness SP review is now up

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• clementineiclementinei Posts: 11 New Member
    Can't wait. I love his videos.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    He has spoken.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I don't know what to think about the pack. LGR gave a lukewarm review and I'll wait for other players to give me feedback. The $10 price makes me wonder whether one piece of equipment is worth the full price. Black Friday and Christmas are 5 months away, and I'm thinking about waiting for the bundle packs with three things put together.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Mmmmmmm burgers......
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    From the review, it's obvious that LGR didn't realize that rock wall climbing was a hidden skill. The review was fine, I guess.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't really follow any of these Youtubers in a deep way, though it is a little bit interesting to watch them occasionally. I don't form my opinion based on what he or anyone else thinks. I won't dismiss all of his comments. I agree that it would have been better to see more types of new gym equipment rather than new treadmills and showers.

I will say though that the pack is releasing a consistent style - if you want that style in your game? Go for it. (Zero snark in my saying that). It's one I might utilize eventually. I stick to terming it "California modern". There's kind of a late 90s feel to a lot of the stuff. It would be great in a sort of sterile business or office environment. I'm not saying that insultingly, there are cases where I might want that. I can see what I would do with some of those objects.

I actually like the randomness of the wall. It makes it more "replayable" IMO because you don't know exactly what is going to happen with any given sim. Some people were asking for more randomness and potential for negative or dangerous events, so there it is in one format. The wall is the biggest reason I have any interest in this pack, personally. Some of the other stuff might grow on me if I get it though.

Anyway, thanks very much CLP for sharing information so that players can decide for themselves what they think and if or how they might want this. I might end up in the Black Friday camp myself or adding it at some point down the road. I don't complain about the SPs as a concept though. They are there as options at $10 and offer a range of things of varying significance to different players. I only have 4 of them right now but will consider others in the future when I want to add something to my game at a low price point. At that time I'll compare all the packs I don't have and see what I specifically want most at a given time. I like having options to choose from when that mood strikes.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I was surprised he showed off the CAS items. His review was as I expected. But in all fairness to him while his review is short, I don't think a CAS items review and a gameplay review is necessary and I'm expecting some simmers to do separate reviews for each. And more power to them. I like LGR because he is one of the few that will critique a pack fairly without making you sit through a 30 minute video trying to work out if the pack is worth it. At the end of the day he is entitled to his opinion and clearly the powers that be want that opinion as they keep giving him free copies of the game.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    He said take that $10 and go buy a burger instead! Lmao
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Personally I thought the tone of this review was appropriate for this pack. I like Fitness Stuff more than I liked Bowling Night, but it's still a "meh" pack imo. I know I'll get it eventually because I like having a complete collection, but it's definitely low on my list of must-haves.
    I was surprised he showed off the CAS items. His review was as I expected. But in all fairness to him while his review is short, I don't think a CAS items review and a gameplay review is necessary and I'm expecting some simmers to do separate reviews for each. And more power to them. I like LGR because he is one of the few that will critique a pack fairly without making you sit through a 30 minute video trying to work out if the pack is worth it. At the end of the day he is entitled to his opinion and clearly the powers that be want that opinion as they keep giving him free copies of the game.
    I agree with this. I always watch LGR's review first because it's short and concise. If I like what I see, then I might watch the longer reviews.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    This is only the second review of his I've seen , made me laugh though - the 2000 watt earbuds thing.
    So he's gonna buy a burger instead , I'm gonna enjoy the rock wall from hell and the pointy tables and so on , to each their own.
    It's a stuff pack and I like sim stuff , think I;ll eat a burger While I play LOL
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    He said take that $10 and go buy a burger instead! Lmao
    That's an expensive burger. The Sims 4 hate trade must be quite lucrative.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I've never seen one of his reviews before. After seeing this one I must say I don't see the appeal but maybe I'm just getting old :'(
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I've never seen one of his reviews before. After seeing this one I must say I don't see the appeal but maybe I'm just getting old :'(

You ought to see his master suites review :p
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Now I want a burger. :p Maybe tomorrow while I'm playing with the new stuff pack. :)
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    From the review, it's obvious that LGR didn't realize that rock wall climbing was a hidden skill. The review was fine, I guess.

LGR's comments (https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/6i6l67/lgr_the_sims_4_fitness_stuff_review/dj3wc3s/):

Have you played the pack yet? Because in my own testing I could not tell a notable difference between climbing outcomes of sims with the hidden skill and without it! The only thing the hidden skill 100% affects for me is the number of climb styles available on the wall, not necessarily the success rate of each climb.
    Hidden skill or not though, that is not my complaint and I could've articulated it better. My issue is that it sucks because the outcomes ARE seemingly random regardless of how skilled sims are. They still fail at climbs frequently, even when they've maxed out both the wall and their fitness skill. There is zero feedback from the game about what's going on during a climb and you as the player get no say in how your sims perform, which is just weak design IMO. :/
    -LGR
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

LGR's comments (https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/6i6l67/lgr_the_sims_4_fitness_stuff_review/dj3wc3s/):

Have you played the pack yet? Because in my own testing I could not tell a notable difference between climbing outcomes of sims with the hidden skill and without it! The only thing the hidden skill 100% affects for me is the number of climb styles available on the wall, not necessarily the success rate of each climb.
    Hidden skill or not though, that is not my complaint and I could've articulated it better. My issue is that it plum because the outcomes ARE seemingly random regardless of how skilled sims are. They still fail at climbs frequently, even when they've maxed out both the wall and their fitness skill. There is zero feedback from the game about what's going on during a climb and you as the player get no say in how your sims perform, which is just weak design IMO. :/
    -LGR

Thanks for posting that, I do agree that it seems quite poor if the numbers are random and not based on skill.
  • GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    He's the only gamer I listen to. I buy packs only after seeing his reviews. He keeps it real unlike the other gamers I've run into. They seem bubbly and overly excited for every little thing. Not my speed, but respect all around.
    [Fan since The Sims]

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2017

plum people really? You think if he knew this he'd be like "10/10 BEST STUFF PACK GO BUY TEN COPIES!!!!"
    Izzabelle wrote: »

I don't always agree with LGR's reviews -- but this one seemed lazier or more easily dismissed than "aptly-named series" necessary...

I mean. It barely clocked in at 5 minutes... which is fine I guess.

Dude the livestream lasted like 35 minutes or so instead of the usual hour! The last bit was all filler about other topics. You diss him for a short review when the official livestream for the pack was likewise short...??? Seems more likely there's simply nothing to talk about because the pack is bad.

New LGR thread, same old story: the most adamant die-hard fans ready to blindly buy any pack expose themselves by reviewing LGR instead of reviewing the pack. It's a logic that seems to assume by default that the product is good and then judges LGR based on if he realized that or not. And before anyone comments "I said it was fine," you said "it's fine I guess;" the fact you even think his review needs a review or the passive-aggressiveness oozing from that statement makes it obvious the bad review is bothersome to some folks. It should be obvious this one is lacking when it fell short on time in the livestream, not to mention it's a theme that definitely wasn't on the top of everyone's to-do list.

Calling it now we're gonna see "I'm disappointed" or "THAT'S IT???" threads tomorrow and the day after, but that won't change that we'll see them after the next stuff pack either.

people will find something bad to say no matter what
    it wouldn't matter if the pack was the best yet
    you can't please everyone
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

plum people really? You think if he knew this he'd be like "10/10 BEST STUFF PACK GO BUY TEN COPIES!!!!"
    Izzabelle wrote: »

I don't always agree with LGR's reviews -- but this one seemed lazier or more easily dismissed than "aptly-named series" necessary...

I mean. It barely clocked in at 5 minutes... which is fine I guess.

Dude the livestream lasted like 35 minutes or so instead of the usual hour! The last bit was all filler about other topics. You diss him for a short review when the official livestream for the pack was likewise short...??? Seems more likely there's simply nothing to talk about because the pack is bad.

New LGR thread, same old story: the most adamant die-hard fans ready to blindly buy any pack expose themselves by reviewing LGR instead of reviewing the pack. It's a logic that seems to assume by default that the product is good and then judges LGR based on if he realized that or not. And before anyone comments "I said it was fine," you said "it's fine I guess;" the fact you even think his review needs a review or the passive-aggressiveness oozing from that statement makes it obvious the bad review is bothersome to some folks. It should be obvious this one is lacking when it fell short on time in the livestream, not to mention it's a theme that definitely wasn't on the top of everyone's to-do list.

Calling it now we're gonna see "I'm disappointed" or "THAT'S IT???" threads tomorrow and the day after, but that won't change that we'll see them after the next stuff pack either.

people will find something bad to say no matter what
    it wouldn't matter if the pack was the best yet
    you can't please everyone

This is not objective, this is a hyperbolic statement. I can apply your same hyperbolic statement to literally anything. You could tell me polar bears are going extinct and that this makes you upset, and I could reply "people will find something bad to say no matter what. You can't please everyone" as if to say we should be glad they're gone.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It occurs to me (never really occurred to me before) there's something inherently off about getting a review on whether you should pay for something from someone who got it for free. It robs the reviewer of the real feeling as to whether their money was well spent. Not sure what it has to do with this review, other than that the burger comment was weird to me... like it was a joke, I guess. But who in their right mind would spend $10 on a burger of all things, compared to something more permanent like this? Or is his overall assessment just meant to be that poor of the pack content that even next to a burger, it's 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io