Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I figured this out the other day:

2...Next

Comments

• kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    I wish twins were more frequent. Once I had a sim who had twin girls, at first I was so happy because it was my first set of twins that wasnt forced, or so I thought, but later on I found out it was my sim's fault, because she was always listening to kids music (it was her favourite) without me controling.
    Its a nice surprise, feels so much better than forcing twins, but my sims never have twins without forcing :/

Only other sims outside my household seem to have twins, just recenlty my sim's brother had twin girls. And once I was playing Lennon Sosa in Lucky Palms and his pregnant ex girlfriend had twins!!! A boy and a girl! I was actually very upset that time, I only wanted one that time :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @TreyNutz Thanks :)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've had twins without doing anything to influence it. Besides for the couple I already mentioned, who had triplets without doing anything to increase the chance of multiples, the first couple I achieved the surrounded by family LTW with had two sets of girl-boy twins. That was not my plan. I wanted only one at a time. But their first pregnancy was twins, then they had a girl, then twins again. With both sets of twins, the girl was born first.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @starguru Wow, only 2% chance to have twins without any treatment :o That did happen to me once. Do you happen to know the chances when your sim did the genie wish? Never failed for me, but is it indeed 100% triplets? Is something like that (percentages) also possible in regard to supernatural offspring? (with two different parents I mean)
    I'm not sure I understand what you meant by the bolded question. Are you asking if there's a way to influence what the percent chance would be to have a particular type of supernatural child when the parents are two different supernatural types? If so, AFAIK, the chance of the child inheriting the occult type of either parent is 50/50, so the child of a witch and a genie has an equal chance of being either one. I don't know of a way to see or change those values for a pregnant Sim though. I know NRaas SP has some interesting tweaks to supernaturals and hybrids, but I couldn't tell you what they all are since I'm probably one of the few simmers on this board who doesn't use it, while still using a ton of other mods. :lol: I do use Hybrid and MC though, with which I change the offspring's supernatural type when I didn't get what I wanted or if I want to make them hybrids.

Also, I did a bit more experimenting with multiple births and figured I’d share. For my test save I decided to go to good old SV and try it with... the Wolff’s. :naughty:

I took more than a few screenshots, so I put them in a spoiler.
    “Thornton, the Watcher chose us for her baby experiment!”

thechosenones_zpskwez6x8k.jpg

“A dusty old lamp? What am I supposed to do with this?”

lamp_zpssepxaih3.jpg

Morgana predictably wishes for a large family.

wish_zps3rkc3pct.jpg

This may be the last enjoyable moment in Thornton’s life. :tongue:

woohoo_zps4kgaex91.jpg

After the genie wish, Morgana had these values:

wish_zpscfrwkvjb.png

None of these figures increased further afterwards (not that they needed to!), despite adding Fertility treatment LTR’s and watching/listening to kids TV/radio throughout the entire pregnancy (I made needs static).

Interestingly, prior to Morgana becoming pregnant, I had deliberately changed the quad chance settings in The Mod That Must Not Be Named to 0% (the default setting shows as 0.0001%), in an attempt to avoid quads for this test. It didn’t matter—Morgana gave birth to quads anyway and had three boys and then a girl. I reloaded and ran this test again but got the same results. It appears that if you have The Mod That Must Not Be Named installed—even if it's set to a 0% chance of quadruplets—if you also use the genie wish for a large family, you are going to end up with quads.

I took the mod out to completely eliminate the possibility of quads and without it installed, I tried again. Morgana had triplet boys, as expected from the following odds.

nomod_zpsgahmvijg.png

So, no mod installed + genie large family wish = guaranteed triplets.

Now, my last run-though with the Wolff’s.

“Yes, Thornton. Again.” :innocent:

Again_zps1nhwvkrf.jpg

Instead of wishing for a large family with the genie this time, I had Morgana get pregnant with nothing used to influence the odds of multiples. At this point, I had put The Mod That Must Not Be Named back in, and it was at the default setting of 0.0001% for quadruplets.

default_zps59caln34.png

Then I gave Morgana the Fertility LTR. :sunglasses:

1ltr_zpsmoty7ojn.png

Then I gave Thornton the Fertility LTR. :mrgreen:

2ltr_zpsd03rbube.png

Then I set the value in the mod for quads at 100%. :joy:

100quads_zpsmbtm5itc.png

Those figures mean that Morgana could have quadruplets if the game makes a successful roll for triplets. If the trip roll fails, she cannot have trips or advance to the quad roll despite the 4,000,000% chance of them, so the result would be twins.

“We can’t have that now, can we, Thornton?” :lol:

thornton_zpskvjaqivr.jpg

So, Morgana is going to cheat learn alchemy in order to make procreation potions. (Oh, how I :heart: you MC!) However, as she is already pregnant, Morgana cannot drink one... Shenanigans! :unamused: But Thornton can! And after he drank it... BAM! :open_mouth:

potion_zpsqiwp5vtf.png

Although Thornton’s procreation elixir moodlet only lasted 8 hours, the percentages stayed the same after the moodlet wore off. Also, since pregnant Sims love massages, I had Thornton give Morgana a romantic massage on the massage table. She got the moodlet (and her bump) but the percentages didn’t increase further.

massage_zpsmphy7hbc.png

I tried some kids’ TV/radio after that. I didn’t think she could get any higher percentages (not that it matters at this point, lol), but I figured I may as well try it.

tvradio_zpszem1sxdo.jpg

And I took this pic while fast forwarding through TV/radio time.

intermission_zpsvhl9ie9g.jpg

Anyway, Morgana’s percentages never increased further, so I guess she already maxed out all the additional values that were possible, before I did the TV/radio. And checking MC>Basic>Baby>Set Multiple showed this:

setmultiple_zpsy4jbbngu.png

So. Any moment now...

labor_zpsbsmhw5mm.jpg

Morgana had quads; this time they were all girls. Here they are in order, and I named them after what I thought Thornton might say as each one popped out! :wink: Meet the Wolff quadruplets:

Ugh

ugh_zps6lsmdlju.jpg

Whaat

Whaat_zpsqwy9r2cq.jpg

Noooooo

Noooooo_zpsofdca03t.jpg

and STAHP

STAHP_zps2upfq6wj.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    edited June 2017
    @starguru You understood me correctly, thanks ;) My experience with two - different - supernaturals is what you say (50-50). The actual reason I asked this however is what it's like for a supernatural and a human. When I started playing genies, as soon as a genie tried for a baby with a human there would be a genie. Never failed. Somewhere along the line though they must have changed that. When my generation 17 genie got five babies with a human, they all turned out to be human. When I got five mermaids pregnant with a human (don't ask, I needed a mermaid looking like him and totally forgot I could simply feed him kelp :s ), that delivered 15 babies - genie wish - ALL human. So I was wondering if this was real bad luck, or if they indeed changed the percentages for human-supernatural couples. Which would be a shame.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @starguru You understood me correctly, thanks ;) My experience with two - different - supernaturals is what you say (50-50). The actual reason I asked this however is what it's like for a supernatural and a human. When I started playing genies, as soon as a genie tried for a baby with a human there would be a genie. Never failed. Somewhere along the line though they must have changed that. When my generation 17 genie got five babies with a human, they all turned out to be human. When I got five mermaids pregnant with a human (don't ask, I needed a mermaid looking like him and totally forgot I could simply feed him kelp :s ), that delivered 15 babies - genie wish - ALL human. So I was wondering if this was real bad luck, or if they indeed changed the percentages for human-supernatural couples. Which would be a shame.
    Whoa, that’s crazy! :o That would be unfortunate if the inheritance odds for supernatural/human couples were changed in that way. I couldn’t say from experience myself, as I tend to play either all supernatural saves or all human ones. Of course, if I didn’t get whatever type I needed for my storyline, I admit I’d add the desired occult type with MC anyway. :lol: I suppose it’s possible to have just been really bad luck though. Now I’m thinking of doing some more baby experiments with Thornton and Morgana... :sunglasses:
    starguru wrote: »
    Whoa, that’s crazy! :o That would be unfortunate if the inheritance odds for supernatural/human couples were changed in that way. I couldn’t say from experience myself, as I tend to play either all supernatural saves or all human ones. Of course, if I didn’t get whatever type I needed for my storyline, I admit I’d add the desired occult type with MC anyway. :lol: I suppose it’s possible to have just been really bad luck though. Now I’m thinking of doing some more baby experiments with Thornton and Morgana... :sunglasses:
    Lol, yes, do it for science :D The fifth kid of heir 17 I did turn into a genie by the way so fortunately there is that way around it. But I prefer the game to suprise me in that respect.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    > @IreneSwift said:
    > I wanted twins for one sim a couple of years ago. I had the mother listen to kids' radio and watch kids' TV for hours. She had quadruplets. I didn't want that many, so I went back and didn't have her do those things, but she still had triplets. Neither parent had the fertility treatment LTR either. Sometimes, multiples just happen, even when you don't do anything to influence it.

Quadruplets?! Wow, I wish that could happen, especially in my 100 Baby Challenge.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Quadruplets?! Wow, I wish that could happen, especially in my 100 Baby Challenge.
    Quads require an NRaas mod that, for other reasons, we are not allowed to discuss on this forum. Its name begins with a "W."
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    "Now let me see, what could be following that W..."

image_zpsuk4dltj5.jpg

5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited June 2017
    @JoAnne65 LOL! All you have to do is go to the NRaas site and look for the only mod that begins with W. But I suspect you already know what it is anyway, right?

And yes, I do have that mod.
    edited June 2017
    Okay, let's take care of this right now. No, the NRaas mod being danced around here is not WrittenWord, it's the other one. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    When the parenthood pack came out for Sims 4, I wanted my sims to have one more kid, but my sim didn't get pregnant two times in a row, so I did a fertility massage at the spa right before she woohoo'd with her husband in their sauna. She didn't have the fertile trait, but she ended up having the first set of triplets in my entire game. As soon as they had woohoo'd and she found out she was pregnant, she went ahead and made herself 'Twin Roses' ice cream (I didn't tell her to do that). I thought it was coincidence but didn't think anything of it. Everytime she wanted to watch TV, she would turn it on and just start watching what was already on there (usually the Kids channel because she has 3 other kids: 2 girls, 1 boy). Also, it was almost time for her to go into labor and she had a moodlet that said back ache or something, so I took her to the spa again for a massage and by the end of the day she was 'very happy'. I don't remember if she was in her 2nd about to be 3rd trimester, or in her 3rd about to give birth. To influence the genders, you are supposed to eat strawberry for a girl, carrot for a boy (I think). Listen to pop for girl or alternative for boy (I think). My sim ate both fruits and vegetables and was always around pop/alternative music since my older daughter is a dancer and the brother just likes alternative music. Now, my sim has 6 happy children LOL (it was 3 boys originally, identical, but I changed one of them to a girl in CAS)

I think those things increased the chances of my sim having triplets.
    If you want triplets, try it out!
    - Fertility Massage before woohoo
    - Twin Roses ice cream
    - Kids Channel
    - Massage again
    - Eat fruits + veggies!
    - Listen to different kinds of music
    - Very Happy Mood

Change the lot trait to On Ley Line (and/or get fertile reward trait) to increase your chances even more

Good luck! Let me know if this helped! :D
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Just listen to the owl o:)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited June 2017
    @ayyitsmell - I'm afraid most of those things don't apply or are implemented differently. We aren't talking about TS4 here, this is the TS3 section of the forum. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    @igazor Oops sorry!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    Deffo going to try this!