Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you keep yourself from getting bored ??

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    Also, if you are bored with a Sim you are playing, play a different Sim and let the first one become part of your town's "background"
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I take a break. It's been a couple months since I've really played because I just couldn't get into the families I've made. So went back to play Sims 3 for a bit.

Just got on the game today and have added some drama to my legacy family. My sim Misty moves in with her cousin Giselle and her husband Wyatt due to being kicked out the home by her father. Misty gets pregnant with Wyatt's brother Chris but doesn't tell him. Giselle and Wyatt's marriage is on the rocks and Wyatt leaves. Chris consoles Giselle and she then also gets prego by Chris... What will happen next?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Take loads of photos in game, teach yourself to edit = Ive wasted the last month using my sims as models and not actually playing the game??
    tumblr_os0iosFTxc1wqfw32o1_1280.jpg

Im joking but its a great way to have a break from sims whilst still kind of playing sims!

But like some people of said take a break, play another game. I flip flop between sims, overwatch, breath of the wild and skyrim at the moment.

But also I love challenges. Diffrent Legacy challenges, the decades challenge, rags to riches, the drifter challenge. The list goes on!!

tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I take a break for maybe a week or two. Or I just go into the Gallery and look around
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    To keep from boredom, I usually play only when I set goals. For instance, this week I focused on raising all my sim's kids grades from C's to A's. I also wanted more of my sims to get to know each other so I created clubs. My next goal is to unlock the last two member slots because some of my sims are left out of clubs that are well suited for them.

Another way to keep from getting bored is to play different types of sims with different circumstances. Try playing a male sim instead of female next time. Maybe start with a family instead of a single sim. Give them different goals and even have some of them deviate from those goals.

Also I don't force myself to play if I'm just not feeling it. It's okay to take breaks from simming. I watch LP's and (mostly) building videos to get my sim fix. Sometimes I play another game or do something different altogether.
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I play rotationally so that helps not always being with the same household. All the households tend to have slightly different dynamics anywhere from 2 sims to 8 sims. Different life stages etc. I also don't play every day like I may play several days in a row or so. Then I'll take a break and play another game non-sims related.
    The Lockwood Family Tree