Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family name too long ?

Hello there !

My sim, Caroline Tremblay gave birth to a little boy in my game. The father's name is Gus Lachance. I wanted to name their baby Alphonse Lachanche-Tremblay... but the game doesn't allow me to. It just stop at Lachance-Tremb..... !!!!

So there is really a max limit of caracters for family names ? I'm really disapointed since composed name are reaaaaaally frequent in our age and I can't even do it ! :s

Do you know if there is a way to make it possible ? Is there a mod that allow more letters in our Sims names ?
Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    lol I thought they changed this but I guess not. Olivia Kim-Spencer-Lewis had the same problem. You couldn't edit her clothing because you could not get out of CAS without getting the last name error.
  • fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Awww didn't knew this. I've been playing a lot since parenthood release. Before that I didn't really try to do some big family and now this is really disapointing for me :(
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    This can also become a problem when you want to give your Sims a middle name.
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    no they dropped one of her names.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    This is sad especially since many players like to try to re-create real people in their lives, and having a character number limit in a name makes that impossible for some cases! :'(
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3