Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Am NOT a Family Player

Comments

• KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited June 2017
    Kurotard wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @Kurotard said:
    > Then play a different game or go out and party yourself. :p

exactly how would it feel if I told you to go out there and spread your legs and make a family yourself?
    don't be an plum.

LOL. Maybe there's hope for these forums after all.

Niiiiceee. What if I told you I enjoy the Sims for family play because I can't have kids due to medical reasons. :wink:

That's just depressing.

Indeed. If I could have kids, I'd probably lose all motive to play The Sims anymore, but also as a gamer who has been around to see it expand as a series, it's always been focused on family play. Keep it that way.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    > @Kurotard said:

exactly how would it feel if I told you to go out there and spread your legs and make a family yourself?
    don't be an plum.

Niiiiceee. What if I told you I enjoy the Sims for family play because I can't have kids due to medical reasons. :wink:

That's just depressing.

Indeed. If I could have kids, I'd probably lose all motive to play The Sims anymore.

You haven't lost motive yet? You're a saint.
    edited June 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    The main effect of this is that EA now only makes very few EPs because the EPs are too pricy for the young teens to be able to persuade their parents to let the young teens buy them. Especially now when the EPs only are sold as digital downloads which parents don't like to give as presents to birthdays and Christmas. It is much easier for young teens to persuade their parents to allow a purchase of a cheap SP and maybe also sometimes a GP. Therefore EA's main focus now is on SPs and half of the EPs have been replaced by cheaper GPs. I would not even be surprised if even more of the EPs soon are replaced by GPs too such that EA maybe at most will release a new EP every other year. (We could even end up with just the next EP being the very last EP for TS4.)

That's untrue. EPs are still sold in store, they even sell bundle packs that contain 1 GP and 2 SPs. You're drawing conclusions out of made up facts.
    And apart from that, I'm a parent and if my son wants a game from Steam for his birthday, he gets a game from Steam for his birthday. Don't see the problem really.
    And all the parents in the world are like you and don't think that it is a boring way to give presents?

How would you give a download as a Christmas present? Would you just wrap the money for it into nice paper and place this "package" under the Christmas tree? Or don't your family celebrate Christmas by giving presents this way at all?

Are you the type of mum who just says to your family: "It is btw Christmas. Here you have some money. Spend it on what you will and have fun! Now I am going to my own room to play Sims - so don't disturb me until tomorrow!?" ;)
    Simple, I spend a lot of effort and love into making him some sort of a gift card using photoshop, accompanying the money. What kind of mom should I be? The kind of mom that says: "No dear, I'm not going to give you this game because it doesn't look nice under the Christmas tree. I don't care if you don't know what else we could give you, just think. But remember, it has to look presentable and cute in wrapping paper with a bow :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @Kurotard said:
    > Bagoas77 wrote: »
    >
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > > @Kurotard said:
    > > Then play a different game or go out and party yourself. :p
    >
    > exactly how would it feel if I told you to go out there and spread your legs and make a family yourself?
    > don't be an plum.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LOL. Maybe there's hope for these forums after all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Niiiiceee. What if I told you I enjoy the Sims for family play because I can't have kids due to medical reasons. :wink:

makes no difference to me sweetie. don't victimize yourself after making a foolish statement. There's people who can't physically go out and party either. neither should have anything to do with anything.
    The main effect of this is that EA now only makes very few EPs because the EPs are too pricy for the young teens to be able to persuade their parents to let the young teens buy them. Especially now when the EPs only are sold as digital downloads which parents don't like to give as presents to birthdays and Christmas. It is much easier for young teens to persuade their parents to allow a purchase of a cheap SP and maybe also sometimes a GP. Therefore EA's main focus now is on SPs and half of the EPs have been replaced by cheaper GPs. I would not even be surprised if even more of the EPs soon are replaced by GPs too such that EA maybe at most will release a new EP every other year. (We could even end up with just the next EP being the very last EP for TS4.)

That's untrue. EPs are still sold in store, they even sell bundle packs that contain 1 GP and 2 SPs. You're drawing conclusions out of made up facts.
    And apart from that, I'm a parent and if my son wants a game from Steam for his birthday, he gets a game from Steam for his birthday. Don't see the problem really.
    And all the parents in the world are like you and don't think that it is a boring way to give presents?

How would you give a download as a Christmas present? Would you just wrap the money for it into nice paper and place this "package" under the Christmas tree? Or don't your family celebrate Christmas by giving presents this way at all?

Are you the type of mum who just says to your family: "It is btw Christmas. Here you have some money. Spend it on what you will and have fun! Now I am going to my own room to play Sims - so don't disturb me until tomorrow!?" ;)
    Simple, I spend a lot of effort and love into making him some sort of a gift card using photoshop, accompanying the money. What kind of mom should I be? The kind of mom that says: "No dear, I'm not going to give you this game because it doesn't look nice under the Christmas tree. I don't care if you don't know what else we could give you, just think. But remember, it has to look presentable and cute in wrapping paper with a bow :p

LOL exactly xD
    Typical projection from that other member. I know for certain that I didn't care about wrapping and decorations that I was going to destroy on my way to my video games. Hell, my nephews and nieces don't like dealing with that very much either and half of them are into crafts and such.
    edited June 2017
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Then play a different game or go out and party yourself. :p

I don't want my YA sims to "party". I've never done the party things in the game. Rarely go to those parties my sims are invited to.

I want places to GO. Things to DO, that are not partying. The festivals are boring too.
    What about sending them to a spa?

Spa Day came out 2 yrs ago. And even then, it's really only good once in a blue moon. It's boring as well. We need NEW.
    Send them to a newly made over gym with the Fitness SP.

Geezum crow! What is so hard to understand what I am saying? I don't want to go to the gym! It's been there since base along with all the bars and nightclubs and lounges!

My sims need different venues! Not the same old ones with a new item or two!
    Ok sorry it was just a suggestion no need to bite my head over it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    > @Kurotard said:
    > Bagoas77 wrote: »
    >
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > > @Kurotard said:
    > > Then play a different game or go out and party yourself. :p
    >
    > exactly how would it feel if I told you to go out there and spread your legs and make a family yourself?
    > don't be an plum.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LOL. Maybe there's hope for these forums after all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Niiiiceee. What if I told you I enjoy the Sims for family play because I can't have kids due to medical reasons. :wink:

makes no difference to me sweetie. don't victimize yourself after making a foolish statement. There's people who can't physically go out and party either. neither should have anything to do with anything.

LOL get over yourself. I'm not victimizing myself, I'm stating it from my point of view.
  • sweetpink123sweetpink123 Posts: 33 Member
    Let's all be honest and state the fact that the sims 4 lacks a lot in every aspect
    plumbobmorgan.tumblr.com
    iY4HSu3.gif
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2017

LOL exactly xD
    Typical projection from that other member. I know for certain that I didn't care about wrapping and decorations that I was going to destroy on my way to my video games. plum, my nephews and nieces don't like dealing with that very much either and half of them are into crafts and such.
    Well. It seems that several people don't care very much about their family being together celebrating birthdays or Christmas anymore. Instead you just give some money and tell family members to go to their own rooms to download and play a game such that the rest of the family can do other things instead of celebrating things together. So I am actually glad that I don't live in your country and families.

Fortunately it never has worked in such an uncaring way in my own family. But my parents weren't addicted gamers either who just wanted the celebrations done with as fast as possible such that they could play their own game by themselves.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2017

LOL exactly xD
    Typical projection from that other member. I know for certain that I didn't care about wrapping and decorations that I was going to destroy on my way to my video games. plum, my nephews and nieces don't like dealing with that very much either and half of them are into crafts and such.
    Well. It seems that several people don't care very much about their family being together celebrating birthdays or Christmas anymore. Instead you just give some money and tell family members to go to their own rooms to download and play a game such that the rest of the family can do other things instead of celebrating things together. So I am actually glad that I don't live in your country and families.

Fortunately it never has worked in such an uncaring way in my own family. But my parents weren't addicted gamers either who just wanted the celebrations done with as fast as possible such that they could play their own game by themselves.
    You're asking me a question and you don't read the answer: I do present the money for that game as a gift. And we do sit by the Christmas tree (the game isn't all he gets, I also buy small gifts and candy to go along with it he doesn't know about). Please don't judge or attack my or other's parenting just because the answer doesn't fit your theory ;) If you really care I can ask my son what it's like to have a mom who gives him the games he asks for and what it feels like for him, Christmas.
    (my own game's got nothing to do with this by the way, I don't play Sims while celebrating Christmas, or Saint Claus, or his birthday)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Or maybe, not everyone celebrates christmas, or maybe they have other reasons for doing things differently.

My family isn't religious, and they live about 600km away. Christmas is in summer here, which isn't a good time of year for farmers to leave their livestock unattended. As a result, I rarely see my family at that time of year. What would we do if I visited them? Eat ham and mope about the heat?

Personally, I buy books leading up to that time of year, and spend the day, on my own, eating ham with jam, and reading.

As for birthdays, my family live in the middle of nowhere, and while I buy thyem stuff for their birthdays, money is a practical gift for them to give to me, since they don't really have anywhere that they can go shopping for the sorts of things I like.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    My grandparents were giving me money in an envelope, which is probably as unexciting as it can get. The whole family was coming to their house for two weeks of fun family time, awesome memories, it beats a pretty wrapping a million times for me :) We also played videogames together
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

LOL exactly xD

My kids were just grateful to be allowed to play their own games on that day before being sent back into the basement to grind MMO items for sale to feed my video game habit.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Or maybe, not everyone celebrates christmas, or maybe they have other reasons for doing things differently.

My family isn't religious, and they live about 600km away. Christmas is in summer here, which isn't a good time of year for farmers to leave their livestock unattended. As a result, I rarely see my family at that time of year. What would we do if I visited them? Eat ham and mope about the heat?
    Christmas is near the beginning of the winter here where January and February are the coldest months.

There were huge differences between my mums family and my dads family because my mum only had 2 siblings while my dad had 9 siblings. Only 5 of them were really his siblings though and the other 4 were actually only cousins. But they were also stepsiblings because his mum married her dead sisters husband after she became a widow herself (with 6 children).

So we often were with my mum's family to celebrate Christmas and birthdays. I had only 2-4 cousins on her side (well I got 4 cousins but 2 of those cousins were 12-14 yrs younger than me).

But I had 30 cousins on my dad's side in 10 families. So that family was way too big for my grandparents to celebrate Christmas with. So we just got our presents from my grandparents by mail.
    Personally, I buy books leading up to that time of year, and spend the day, on my own, eating ham with jam, and reading.

As for birthdays, my family live in the middle of nowhere, and while I buy thyem stuff for their birthdays, money is a practical gift for them to give to me, since they don't really have anywhere that they can go shopping for the sorts of things I like.
    I know that traditions are different. This is also the case just here in Denmark. I have known families who don't celebrate Christmas at all and had friends who don't ever even see their family. Some families wouldn't mind giving just money instead of other presents to save time while it in other families are extremely important that everybody are together and give presents at the same time whereafter they all look at the presents. In such families it would be a problem just to give money and even worse if the money weren't cash or something else that the others could look at.

The relevance here is that while some parents wouldn't mind to give just digital downloads for birthdays and Christmas other parents would. Maybe half of the parents wouldn't care while the other half instead would choose to ignore wishes about digital downloads and instead give something that they proudly could let everybody see.

I don't know the exact sizes of those two groups. But EA would still see sales numbers go down because the second group wouldn't buy EPs or big collections of expansions as presents unless they could buy them in physical stores in nice boxes which they could wrap nice paper around and show their family later.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    > @Kurotard said:

don't be an plum.

That's just depressing.

Indeed. If I could have kids, I'd probably lose all motive to play The Sims anymore.

You haven't lost motive yet? You're a saint.

omg, you guys are too funny.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    You know, people with kids also enjoy the same activities that YAs do. Parents like to take vacations to exotic places or to beaches etc. Parents also like to go to casinos and to nightclubs and parents also go to college to better their situations and become better providers for their families. Parents also can be very romantic, that is how they became parents. Whatever is lacking in those categories is also desired by family players. I am a family player but my parents all start out as young adults who date and then get married. My sims need fun stuff when they are single and after they are married. It is more challenging to balance out the fun life with the responsibility of parenting but they still need to go on a cruise or to the beach or to slow dance and make out. Family play is not just drudgery, it is a combination of family life with the need for adventure and stimulation. We are all on the same side, we desire the same things, just because some of us want laundry does not mean we have no desire for vacations. I very much want the vacation destinations to be developed and have wanted that from day one.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    We need more activities, and stuff in general in sims 4 . I would love to have more vacation worlds. Especially ones that are from all over the world.
  • RoseBud05RoseBud05 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @fadingaudio said:
    > What if I said we could have both? I really don't understand why it seems some of the YA people feel the need to try to take away the focus on family stuff. We don't actually have to take the focus off of either group. I think a good EP, GP, and SP should have a few things for everyone's play style. Obviously EA doesn't agree, but I find that at least the GPs have been much better at delivering stuff for everyone. If you really want or need it to be an adventure every time you play TS4 was never going to live up to that because it is by far the game franchise with the least amount of stuff in general. Play TS3 if that's what you really want because that game was better suited for that kind of playstyle. TS4 just isn't anywhere near TS3 or TS2 was at this time. It may never be. It isn't that there is too much family stuff because that's plum laughable, its that there really isn't enough stuff for anyone. The stuff that there is all revolves around the same things.

There is not a lot of content compared to other iterations, and it is causing the division. Family players are just finally getting some stuff. This topic feels like crabs in a bucket to me. The frustration is not family game playing styles, but lack of content.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    RoseBud05 wrote: »
    > @fadingaudio said:
    > What if I said we could have both? I really don't understand why it seems some of the YA people feel the need to try to take away the focus on family stuff. We don't actually have to take the focus off of either group. I think a good EP, GP, and SP should have a few things for everyone's play style. Obviously EA doesn't agree, but I find that at least the GPs have been much better at delivering stuff for everyone. If you really want or need it to be an adventure every time you play TS4 was never going to live up to that because it is by far the game franchise with the least amount of stuff in general. Play TS3 if that's what you really want because that game was better suited for that kind of playstyle. TS4 just isn't anywhere near TS3 or TS2 was at this time. It may never be. It isn't that there is too much family stuff because that's plum laughable, its that there really isn't enough stuff for anyone. The stuff that there is all revolves around the same things.

There is not a lot of content compared to other iterations, and it is causing the division. Family players are just finally getting some stuff. This topic feels like crabs in a bucket to me. The frustration is not family game playing styles, but lack of content.

Lack of content. Lack of substance. Lack of pouring yourself into an immersive experience and losing yourself for hours. Lack of opportunities for emotional investment. Lack of feeling that you're actually creating your own poignant experiences through your sims.

It is a lean harvest this time around.
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    > @ANNETTE1951 said:
    > You know, people with kids also enjoy the same activities that YAs do. Parents like to take vacations to exotic places or to beaches etc. Parents also like to go to casinos and to nightclubs and parents also go to college to better their situations and become better providers for their families. Parents also can be very romantic, that is how they became parents. Whatever is lacking in those categories is also desired by family players. I am a family player but my parents all start out as young adults who date and then get married. My sims need fun stuff when they are single and after they are married. It is more challenging to balance out the fun life with the responsibility of parenting but they still need to go on a cruise or to the beach or to slow dance and make out. Family play is not just drudgery, it is a combination of family life with the need for adventure and stimulation. We are all on the same side, we desire the same things, just because some of us want laundry does not mean we have no desire for vacations. I very much want the vacation destinations to be developed and have wanted that from day one.

Playing this game I have found that if your running a family there is just not enough time in a Sim day to get all their needs filled, let alone the thought of going out with or without the kids someplace... I wish that the days were twice as long so you could.. Come on, my kids get home from school and its needs time and fix all the negative things that happen as school passes.. The kids have their mood thing going, good luck getting anything done with them on days like that.. For teens there is nothing as easy as with a child for fixing Conflict and Empathy.. Empathy you have to find a sim with a urgent need to talk about it and you can volunteer for service, but that takes a lot of your sims time for a tiny little bit of Empathy.. For Conflict you have to find a sim with a bad relationship to advise and you would have to find maybe 20 sims with this problem to make a show of it in the sims chart.. Children have toys that make this a lot less time eating, we need something for teens..

LOL exactly xD

You aren't anyone to make such assumptions - you don't know other people's lives. Such statements really show just how biased your point of view can be. You're extremely judgmental and out of touch, and I'm glad that you don't live in my country or are a part of my family because if you spouted such drivel in my home I'd have to throw you out.
    > @Kurotard said:

don't be an plum.

That's just depressing.

Indeed. If I could have kids, I'd probably lose all motive to play The Sims anymore, but also as a gamer who has been around to see it expand as a series, it's always been focused on family play. Keep it that way.

I could never give the Sims up. I actually played Sims and Sims 2 while my kids where babies. Now all of them play the Sims as well.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

> @Kurotard said:

don't be an plum.

That's just depressing.

I could never give the Sims up. I actually played Sims and Sims 2 while my kids where babies. Now all of them play the Sims as well.

I'm glad they like the Sims games as well. :smiley: My dad actually got me into The Sims when I was younger on his old computer. It makes me happy to hear parents sharing the games they love with their kids. :blush:
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    It really is great. :) It may sound cheesy, but like how some moms and dads or aunts and uncles, even grandparents, share sports, or music with their kids. Us simmers have these games to share with them! Sadly, my hubby is the only one who doesn't play. lol He can't stand the Sims.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ( Hear me Roar)

As stated, I didn't buy Sims to have my sims run after kids, or do 9-5 to struggle through life, or do laundry, or any of the drudge that is real life.

I like to visit different places, and do different things, and blow money...( that I don't have irl)

People keep saying this has been a game for the YA sims and that it's all geared to them. Where? All my sims can do is go to a dang bar!

Where's the vacations? Where's the casino? Where's the things for YAs? I'm not seeing it.

This game needs a lot more before it needs more drudge for the day to day family players.

In TS3. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.