Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Am NOT a Family Player

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Im not ashamed to say that I do like my YA sims to party. Our sims need to start getting drunk. It doesn't have to say "drunk" . But I would like to see sims perform new fun, sillier animations when "drunk" and I would like to see rep solo cups at certain clubs for them to drink with :)
    I think that would be difficult to put into the without affecting especially the PEGI rating which almost all European countries use because use of alcohol in the game could likely change the PEGI rating from 12+ to 16+ which again likely would cost EA more than half of the revenue from Europe. So I doubt that it is something that EA would consider.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Im not ashamed to say that I do like my YA sims to party. Our sims need to start getting drunk. It doesn't have to say "drunk" . But I would like to see sims perform new fun, sillier animations when "drunk" and I would like to see rep solo cups at certain clubs for them to drink with :)

I agree!

Sims 1 sims act differently once they have had a few drinks. It was also encouraged in the guide whilst on dates to wait to make a movement until your sim had a drink or two and the social would be accepted easier.

Sims 3 sims also get "juiced" and can dance on tables/bars and their personality can temporarily change. I really miss that in 4.

I do find it weird in TS4 that teens can drink sim cosmopolitans (can't remember their name in game). The game calls it nectar so I suppose technically it's not alcohol but it is by appearance.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    The main effect of this is that EA now only makes very few EPs because the EPs are too pricy for the young teens to be able to persuade their parents to let the young teens buy them. Especially now when the EPs only are sold as digital downloads which parents don't like to give as presents to birthdays and Christmas. It is much easier for young teens to persuade their parents to allow a purchase of a cheap SP and maybe also sometimes a GP. Therefore EA's main focus now is on SPs and half of the EPs have been replaced by cheaper GPs. I would not even be surprised if even more of the EPs soon are replaced by GPs too such that EA maybe at most will release a new EP every other year. (We could even end up with just the next EP being the very last EP for TS4.)

That's untrue. EPs are still sold in store, they even sell bundle packs that contain 1 GP and 2 SPs. You're drawing conclusions out of made up facts.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Yeah, I would definitely like to see more drink effects than just a Happy moodlet. But really, I want drunk sims, yup defo drunk sims would be fun.

..and hangovers :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Nintendo isn't geared to adults it for all ages even kids and the sims is the same and since I am a family player I like how it is.

Have you seen the Trailer? Do you know nintendo's policy regarding Videogames? They are the most Family friendly Company on this planet (of Course, since they started as a toy manufacturer and still Keep this direction going). Look at their mascots, the franchises (games) etc. . Everything screams FAMILY FRIENDLY!

The Wii and Wii-u , both were advertised as a Family console (in their announcement Trailers you see children and families playing Videogames together). Now compare the new Trailer I linked on page 1 to the Image I described. It does not fit. The Content/their games didn't Change but their PR Departement 100% focuses on YA Players all of a sudden ( just like EA does).
    Yes and I have a Nintendo Switch and I am telling you its not geared towards adults it geared toward everyone.

Heh?! Yeah, of Course it is. Nintendo is still a Family oriented Company after all. What I was trying to say is that they shifted their Marketing efforts towards YA. With their reveal Trailer (which was the most important part in their whole PR strategy, all eyes were on Nintendo, every Frame of that particular Trailer was important) they wanted to adress their product especially to YA.

You only see YA in that Clip: YA hanging out, YA partying, YA playing alone, it's all about YA.

---

Remember how TS4's Marketing Team "introduced" TS4 to the public? Let's see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjzyPYovdU

Yep, it's YA all over again. YA everywhere.

Does this mean the game is only for YA? Heck no. No idea why you brought this up anyway.

Both companies advertised their products differently in the past, today everything is all about YA. Sadly, TS4's Content does not reflect that in the slightest. On the contrary: It's all about Family Play.

Oh give me a break. You know I can count how many things that were gear towards family players. The only thing I can thing about packs that were gear towards family players. The kid stuff pack, the parenthood pack and he toddlers update. That's it the rests was more young adult oriented and more of a broad area. ( As in kids, and adults) Yes, I think Sims 4 lacking gameplay. Can we stop acting like this game the only purpose was to gear towards one demographic, and you guys had nothing?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2017
    Nintendo isn't geared to adults it for all ages even kids and the sims is the same and since I am a family player I like how it is.

Have you seen the Trailer? Do you know nintendo's policy regarding Videogames? They are the most Family friendly Company on this planet (of Course, since they started as a toy manufacturer and still Keep this direction going). Look at their mascots, the franchises (games) etc. . Everything screams FAMILY FRIENDLY!

The Wii and Wii-u , both were advertised as a Family console (in their announcement Trailers you see children and families playing Videogames together). Now compare the new Trailer I linked on page 1 to the Image I described. It does not fit. The Content/their games didn't Change but their PR Departement 100% focuses on YA Players all of a sudden ( just like EA does).
    Yes and I have a Nintendo Switch and I am telling you its not geared towards adults it geared toward everyone.

Heh?! Yeah, of Course it is. Nintendo is still a Family oriented Company after all. What I was trying to say is that they shifted their Marketing efforts towards YA. With their reveal Trailer (which was the most important part in their whole PR strategy, all eyes were on Nintendo, every Frame of that particular Trailer was important) they wanted to adress their product especially to YA.

You only see YA in that Clip: YA hanging out, YA partying, YA playing alone, it's all about YA.

---

Remember how TS4's Marketing Team "introduced" TS4 to the public? Let's see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjzyPYovdU

Yep, it's YA all over again. YA everywhere.

Does this mean the game is only for YA? Heck no. No idea why you brought this up anyway.

Both companies advertised their products differently in the past, today everything is all about YA. Sadly, TS4's Content does not reflect that in the slightest. On the contrary: It's all about Family Play.

Oh give me a break. You know I can count how many things that were gear towards family players. The only thing I can thing about packs that were gear towards family players. The kid stuff pack, the parenthood pack and he toddlers update. That's it the rests was more young adult oriented and more of a broad area. ( As in kids, and adults) Yes, I think Sims 4 lacking gameplay. Can we stop acting like this game the only purpose was to gear towards one demographic, and you guys had nothing?

I agree with you there have been very few packs on family
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think that would be difficult to put into the without affecting especially the PEGI rating which almost all European countries use because use of alcohol in the game could likely change the PEGI rating from 12+ to 16+ which again likely would cost EA more than half of the revenue from Europe. So I doubt that it is something that EA would consider.

@Erpe

I hadn't played sims 3 or 2 in so long that I had forgotten, but apparently there already have been after affects for drinking. Reading MidnightAura's comment jogged my memory. So it could be done again. I would love to see it brought back . Now that she mentioned it, I do recall the dancing on the table :p

Neia wrote: »
    The main effect of this is that EA now only makes very few EPs because the EPs are too pricy for the young teens to be able to persuade their parents to let the young teens buy them. Especially now when the EPs only are sold as digital downloads which parents don't like to give as presents to birthdays and Christmas. It is much easier for young teens to persuade their parents to allow a purchase of a cheap SP and maybe also sometimes a GP. Therefore EA's main focus now is on SPs and half of the EPs have been replaced by cheaper GPs. I would not even be surprised if even more of the EPs soon are replaced by GPs too such that EA maybe at most will release a new EP every other year. (We could even end up with just the next EP being the very last EP for TS4.)

That's untrue. EPs are still sold in store, they even sell bundle packs that contain 1 GP and 2 SPs. You're drawing conclusions out of made up facts.
    No. I just don't buy the SPs, GPs and EPs for TS4. So I hadn't discovered that EA now has found it necessary to again distribute the expansions in physical stores (even though the stores then keep most of the money) because parents won't buy downloads as birthday presents and Christmas presents for their 12 to 14 yrs olds who can't afford to but especially the EPs for their own pocket money. But now the young "teens" can even attempt to wish bundles for birthdays and Christmas. So EA has become wiser even though EA's revenue for each sold game is much lower when people buy the games in third party stores ;)

You thus just once more proved that the youngest teens are the most important customers for Sims games. Was this really your intention? ;)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2017
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @Kurotard said:
    > Then play a different game or go out and party yourself. :p

exactly how would it feel if I told you to go out there and spread your legs and make a family yourself?
    don't be an plum.
    IMG_0827_zpsarzspiht.gif

5JZ57S6.png
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    > @Kurotard said:

exactly how would it feel if I told you to go out there and spread your legs and make a family yourself?
    don't be an plum.

LOL. Maybe there's hope for these forums after all.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2017

And apart from that, I'm a parent and if my son wants a game from Steam for his birthday, he gets a game from Steam for his birthday. Don't see the problem really.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    The only problem I have with Digital Download is it's a lot harder to restore all your stuff if your computer takes a dump and you have to buy a new system.. Anyone know how to package your Family's and Lots you made? How do you backup your Neighborhoods?
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,647 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    > @Kurotard said:

don't be an plum.
    IMG_0827_zpsarzspiht.gif

a picture says a thousand words. ;)

@JoAnne65 thanks for sharing that clip. best laugh i've had today. absoluted loved it! <3
    edited June 2017

And apart from that, I'm a parent and if my son wants a game from Steam for his birthday, he gets a game from Steam for his birthday. Don't see the problem really.
    And all the parents in the world are like you and don't think that it is a boring way to give presents?

How would you give a download as a Christmas present? Would you just wrap the money for it into nice paper and place this "package" under the Christmas tree? Or don't your family celebrate Christmas by giving presents this way at all?

Are you the type of mum who just says to your family: "It is btw Christmas. Here you have some money. Spend it on what you will and have fun! Now I am going to my own room to play Sims - so don't disturb me until tomorrow!?" ;)
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member

And all the parents in the world are like you and don't think that it is a boring way to give presents?

How would you give a download as a Christmas present? Would you just wrap the money for it into nice paper and place this "package" under the Christmas tree? Or don't your family celebrate Christmas by giving presents this way at all?

You wrapped the stream card or game card . My mom use to put y Barnes, annd Nobel gift card in my stocking.

We give dlc for call of duty and other digital games for my nephew as gifts. One time we printed out the confirmation and slipped it in a gift card and wrapped that along with some other little things. Another time my husband made a little box and themed it like the game. My husband works in design so the box looked really nice. I was so impressed.

In my experience from giving gifts this way (and receiving gifts this way myself) I don't care how it arrives, it's the game itself I want and how it's packaged isn't the most important thing. I used to feel bad not having a box to wrap for my nophew but he's a 13 year old boy he's not that bothered about the presentation, it's me that likes to make it look nice because I feel bad as my niece gets a gift that's wrapped but the truth is the value of his is the exact same, it's just presented differently.

Another parent here that has also bought online games for birthdays, christmas, etc and not getting any complaints this end. We as a family can't see the point of a computer game coming in a poly-carbonate box that takes 10s of thousands of years to bio-degrade.

The printed game guides came in the pretty wrapping :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    edited June 2017

We give dlc for call of duty and other digital games for my nephew as gifts. One time we printed out the confirmation and slipped it in a gift card and wrapped that along with some other little things. Another time my husband made a little box and themed it like the game. My husband works in design so the box looked really nice. I was so impressed.

In my experience from giving gifts this way (and receiving gifts this way myself) I don't care how it arrives, it's the game itself I want and how it's packaged isn't the most important thing. I used to feel bad not having a box to wrap for my nophew but he's a 13 year old boy he's not that bothered about the presentation, it's me that likes to make it look nice because I feel bad as my niece gets a gift that's wrapped but the truth is the value of his is the exact same, it's just presented differently.
    I agree that it is the same. But there still is a reason why we buy things as presents and wrap them into nice paper instead of just saying: "Well. It is Christmas. So now we should give eachother presents. I give little Tom $xx, his sister $yy and you my husband $zz. Tell me how much you are giving me such that I can subtract this and only pay you the difference if there is one?"

You can also be quite sure that EA wouldn't sell games on discs at all anymore if the games sold just as well as digital downloads.
    @Erpe well for us Christmas isn't about the value of gifts, it's about spending time together. like I said the presentation of the gift is not important. I just don't buy that all parents dislike giving digital downloads. There are ways around it as my last post said.
    Some one slap me!! I was crazy enough to make a family of a single mother and 3 teen boys.. Talk about a nightmare.. We never leave the house for all the drama.. I thought it was girls that did the drama thing!!! Well in my life I have never see a teen boy act like that.. Well I for one don't mind trying to play all the games features for fun.. But I can see why some are like.. No way, I'm not a family player..

Seems to me that a teen coming home from school enraged for 8 hours is WAY over the top drama for any teen.. And a huge wast of player time goes into getting anything done with that sim. Now think of 3 teen sims all acting like nut cases.. The sims then are useless for the next day too, as you spend it trying to get all their needs back.. Oh, and don't forget that now you have 2 days of trait stuff you have to get back too.
    Romzarah wrote: »
    Some one slap me!! I was crazy enough to make a family of a single mother and 3 teen boys.. Talk about a nightmare.. We never leave the house for all the drama.. I thought it was girls that did the drama thing!!! Well in my life I have never see a teen boy act like that.. Well I for one don't mind trying to play all the games features for fun.. But I can see why some are like.. No way, I'm not a family player..

Seems to me that a teen coming home from school enraged for 8 hours is WAY over the top drama for any teen.. And a huge wast of player time goes into getting anything done with that sim. Now think of 3 teen sims all acting like nut cases.. The sims then are useless for the next day too, as you spend it trying to get all their needs back.. Oh, and don't forget that now you have 2 days of trait stuff you have to get back too.

I brought up two kids through their teens as a single parent - sounds about right :tired_face: I am giving that parenthood pack a real wide berth...nope, nope, just nope.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    What if I said we could have both? I really don't understand why it seems some of the YA people feel the need to try to take away the focus on family stuff. We don't actually have to take the focus off of either group. I think a good EP, GP, and SP should have a few things for everyone's play style. Obviously EA doesn't agree, but I find that at least the GPs have been much better at delivering stuff for everyone. If you really want or need it to be an adventure every time you play TS4 was never going to live up to that because it is by far the game franchise with the least amount of stuff in general. Play TS3 if that's what you really want because that game was better suited for that kind of playstyle. TS4 just isn't anywhere near TS3 or TS2 was at this time. It may never be. It isn't that there is too much family stuff because that's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laughable, its that there really isn't enough stuff for anyone. The stuff that there is all revolves around the same things.
    What I want most for this game is much better AI.. Here is one.. You have a sim 3 floors up and 1 a sim min away from the frig. Tell both to get food at the same time, the one on floor 1 goes and the one on floor 3 give the no path thing... Come on.. sims 2 did this far better.. If they just made it so the sim would start going and by the time it made it there, the other sim would be at the table eating.. That 1 of sooooo many things that make the game a little less fun.. I'm not saying that Maxis should make the sims run without help, but fix the frustrating dumb things the sims do that wast player time.. Game objects and other fun stuff seems less important when you have no time to use them if your playing a family..
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    > @Kurotard said:

don't be an plum.

Niiiiceee. What if I told you I enjoy the Sims for family play because I can't have kids due to medical reasons. :wink:
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    > @Kurotard said:

don't be an plum.

Niiiiceee. What if I told you I enjoy the Sims for family play because I can't have kids due to medical reasons. :wink:

That's just depressing.