Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are they going to start fixing stuff?

Comments

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yeah, the outfit 'bug' is a top class troll. You probably couldn't design a better way to rock the cage of simmers who appreciate aesthetics.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

With all the sims games minimum requirements are for base game only with no packs , patches, eps added. To play the complete game one needs to look at recommended requirements to play with all the add ons. The game becomes more powerful with each add on. Yes it's on their web with specs which is a mid range gaming desktop. No where did EA ever market this game to play on lower end computers. This is rumor that has been spread all over this forum and it is not true. It is the customer's responsibility in being able to read specs when games have requirements. Those who know how to read specs know that the game's requirements are desktop hardware. Desktop hardware different than laptop hardware.

I would not advise a gaming laptop unless you must have a laptop. They can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy. They do not sell laptop hardware to the public. Once your laptop stops functioning and they no longer make replacement hardware, the laptop becomes a throw away. Gaming laptops also need to be professionally cleaned. Desktop is more powerful, cheaper and if you buy the right computer hardware can be replaced or upgraded. You can also clean a desktop yourself and not have to send it out to be professionally cleaned.

My son has a cheaper laptop like yours he uses for school and has a gaming desktop at home. You would be better off keeping the laptop you have now for school and get a gaming desktop for at home if possible

The bugs that effect everyone is on EA.

My laptop isn't cheap, it's £1200..., I got it on sale at £800 but it was reselling again for a bit at the same price at the place I got it from and other vendors. Bit of an odd thing to presume given that you can buy notebooks at that price which would be in no way suitable for gaming. I did investigate the laptop minimum requirements as well,in full knowledge that desktop minimum requirements were different. Admittedly I was not clued up about dual core vs. Quad core. I bought the laptop I have because I needed to replace it immediately after my old laptop broke for coursework. Sims 4 is a passionate hobby of mine but not a priority. I knew before I bought it that the laptop I have would no where near run ultra, but that it would be significantly better than my old laptop, which is correct. I have no problems with lag and performance related aspects of my game in anything but the detective career, which other people have also commented on. The bugs that I have listed are not performance related bugs. If it was my old laptop, I would 100% agree that it was the main detractor from my gameplay experience, believe me , it was a mess lol. But my current "cheap" laptop? Nope, sorry.

If I recall correctly it was stated by a guru on Twitter when people were initially angry about the loading screens and asking why we didn't have open world. I will try to find it for you later.

I will definitely consider your advice about getting a gaming desktop though. Another issue I have with most of the gaming laptops I have seen is that they look a bit flashy/over the top sometimes, and I need something which would translate well in the professional setting. I don't really care about the getting it cleaned professionally issue though, if it has to be done, it has to be done, and I'm not a hardcore enough gamer that I would want to constantly upgrade it to keep up with new games. Admittedly I have wanted to play other pc games as well, but I am holding out until I get a gaming pc because I really want excellent graphics.

My whole point is though that I still maintain bugs relating to programming are the developers responsibility. Sure you could argue that it is the customers responsibility to buy a computer that minimises the effect of the bugs. But if the bugs are the root cause of the issue the overarching responsibility lies on the developers.

Gaming laptops are thicker and have much better cooling than the average laptop. Why they may look flashy to you. While gaming you generate more heat. Heat can do damage to any computer if it does not have proper cooling.

The loading screens. This was an online game and they switched it to PC. They had problems with other online games in the past and why they may have switched it. ;) The sims 4 was being made while the sims 3 was going on. Why the specs for sims 4 listed as requirements are very old and you can't buy that hardware today. It's not being made anymore. . Really some of those specs should not be there but they can't change it now. One thing that has always been there is the recommended requirements of a mid range gaming desktop even with the loading screens . Really the sims 4 has almost the same requirements as the sims 3 but the sims 4 is more processor heavy. The sims 3 requires a 2.4 ghz processor or better. You can run TS3 with dual core. The sims 4 requires a quad core. The sims 3 and 4 were designed on different gaming engines. I'm not a programmer so I can't answer as to why both games have almost same requirements yet they could not make the sims 4 open world.

It's better to slowly upgrade a desktop than keep buying new computers. This is if you intend on heavy gaming in the future.If you have the money custom is the best way to go where you pick out your own hardware. We have computer build experts helping in the forum that can help you do that. Custom is more expensive. If you have a lower budget, you buy a desktop that meets requirements off the shelf. $700 USD is not allot of money for a gaming desktop. 8 years ago when the sims 3 came out you would have been looking at allot more money to get a gaming computer to run that game. Gaming computers have come down allot in price. Allot of people could not afford a computer at that time to run the sims 3. My computer way back when could not run the sims 3. Back then the sims 3 was allot more powerful a game that no one anticipated since you could play sims 1 and part of 2 on any computer. They upped their game with the sims 3. Having loading screens on the sims 4 is taking the game backwards IMO.

There are also computers on the market that charge way too much for the specs they give you. Some will advertise and use the word "Gaming" when the computer is not a gaming computer. If a person does not understand specs, they should come into tech and ask. When we help in tech finding people a computer to run the game we shop around for the best deal we can at the time people are buying. Hardware changes, prices change. What computers are available now may not be available when you go to buy. When buying a computer for this game, it's best to ask tech here sine we play the games and know what hardware it needs. We find the modern equivalent hardware since the required specs are not made anymore.

Yes EA has to fix the game. Yes there are bugs that are no doubt the game. There are things that can further that along if you have an under-powered computer, you have downloaded poorly made mods or cc, some become incomparable with the game updates etc. Like I mentioned before in this thread. We have run tests on the game vanilla to make sure there is no interference with the game. We also test on different versions of windows. Windows 10 does have some interference with this game if you use one drive or the new creator update. Not all the issues are EA though many are.

edited June 2017
    I think the heavy focus on the kit is a distraction to the main topic.

A users computer may well be at the root of certain issues users are having with the game, but there are many, many issues that are still outstanding that are not related to performance - along with many of the issues posted up above there are little things like

sims using the upstairs sink for washing up instead of the sink right next to them.
    sims no longer sit unless told after getting meal
    constant cancelling of queued events
    sims freezing in a chain because one sim in that chain is engaged in an activity that doesn't allow multi-tasking
    attraction settings that just try and shout the loudest
    the permanent happy bug after vacationing in Granite Falls location
    etc
    etc
    etc

You can be a pro PC builder with the most finely tuned bit of kit ever seen, but it won't do squat for the many, many issues in the game which have become highly efficient sappers of fun.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2017
    • Sims reset when doing dishes
    • Sims stuck in T pose on stairs with banisters
    • Time freezes for long periods of time around school and work times.
    • Service NPC's fail to show up
    • Parents of toddler will walk into your house uninvited.
    • Sims don't do things automatically anymore.
    • Romance interactions fail to execute properly.
    • No sims to complain to in apartment making noise.
    • Sims using upstairs sink instead of one right next to them
    • Sims stand up to watch TV.
    • Sims stand up to play video games.
    • Sims don't sit down when eating/getting a meal
    • Constant cancelling of interactions and failure to perform them.
    • Sims freezing in a chain because one sim in that chain is engaged in an activity that doesn't allow multi-tasking
    • Sims in the Business Career don't start/leave work on time
    • Doctor Career Bugged no pregnant sims ever come to hospital
    • Detective career bugged constant freezing an crash when leaving work.
    • Child and Toddler sims hair colours will change from the hair colour you assigned
    • If you paused during 8;00am or after 9;00pm timer will still be going but the game will remain paused.
    • Dead sims on the family tree will not show up as being dead and you can't call them round, they will sometimes reset into new townie households.
    • Lag
    • Townies spawn with ridiculous outfits (gets worse with every pack and patch)

If I have missed anything please state and I'll add it to the list, I'm going to play my game to get a list of all my bugs.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    May the sims gods save us from bugs with updates and fixes
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I really just want this blouse fixed it never tucks in any more.

Did this happen before or after we got laundry? j/k
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2017
    Zasz wrote: »
    I'm not saying the game does not have bugs. It does. I was just curious if you get this specific bug on a new vanilla game. In tech we always run our game tests vanilla. This way there is no interference with the game should we have to report back to the gurus. We will test on different versions of windows too just in case windows is the problem. Not everyone is getting this bug you have

You would be surprised what could cause a problem. CC clothes, hair etc can mess up the sims 3 and I'm sure it's no different for the sims 4.
    This makes me wonder why the devs cant just offer an interface for players to use so CC doesnt mess with the game. In Wow its LUA which is easy to handle. But I think we covered the lack of competence sufficiently.

Well EA can't control if someone makes bad CC, you chose to download it and it messes up your game. CC is all third party and not endorsed by EA. Sometimes when the game updates it makes the CC or Mods incompatible with the game. This happened with the sims 3 too. There is also still some poorly made CC floating around the sims 3 and people still get effected by it downloading from the sims 3 exchange. We still get these problems in tech. EA's new gallery is trying to prevent those issues of people getting infected with bad cc that has been uploaded for others to download.

The current, new-as-of-the-patch-before-this-one issue isn't CC-related, though - I have it and I have no CC. It's that situation outfits for festivals and vampire walkbys are pulling on more content than they had been. It's been replicated by QA, but that was probably too soon before this last patch to get a fix into the patch. Hoping for the next one. It's pretty immersion breaking. I've now modded out vampire walkbys and am staying away from the outdoors during festivals :/ (When I'm playing at all, that is. So much going on right now IRL!)

There are some bugs that are on EA and have nothing to do with CC. What we are talking about here is the school bus bug. Some have it and some don't. If some have it and some don't ,what is causing it?

In general I'm sure that there are some armatures out there trying to make CC for the game. If they don't know what they are doing and make bad cc, it could mess up your game. We still see it in the sims 3. There is some very bad cc out there that can mess up your whole game. Acts like a virus

crinrict has a whole blog on bad cc in the sims 3 just to give you an example http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc

Oh I know about bad CC - I track some of it when updates happen, it's part of why I don't bother using it. But I thought you were responding about the costuming bug not the going-to-school delay.

Short version I was speaking to someone in this thread who does meet all the requirements to run the game and asked them if they tested the game vanilla. I was advising them bad cc can cause issues and EA is not responsible for 3rd party CC

The school bug is not a cc issue.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Do you still see this in your game ? It's supposed to be fixed (and certainly fixed for me). You might need to go on vacation again but after that it should be gone.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »

Do you still see this in your game ? It's supposed to be fixed (and certainly fixed for me). You might need to go on vacation again but after that it should be gone.

Ah nice one :) I will do a Save As and do exactly that!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    All having a shoddy computer would do is cause lag or awful graphics. It would NOT cause any or most of the bugs presented here. Saying it's a computer issue is the lazy answer smh....just stop it...please.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member

Gaming laptops are thicker and have much better cooling than the average laptop. Why they may look flashy to you. While gaming you generate more heat. Heat can do damage to any computer if it does not have proper cooling.

Haha, I didn't even mean the thickness, the pc shop I usually went to finally started stocking gaming laptops, but I noticed on the covers they always seemed to have some odd intricate design or really flashy luminescent logo. At the time I think they had three alien-ware laptops and one HP laptop with lots of orange cross hatching or something on the lid. I know that's just superficial stuff, but I think I would prefer a simpler looking one if I need to sit in the office with it, I have seen some less flashy looking HP ones but I have found that the more intricately designed ones seem to have better specs for some reason. I suppose any of them will be better than what I have now, but when I come to buy a new laptop/ desktop probably early next year, I'll run it by tech here first so I don't make the sort of mistakes I made with the quad core processor :)

I was actually seriously considering building my own PC, for gaming but also because I thought it would be pretty interesting to do so, but time/cost have prevented me from doing so, so far.

The loading screens. This was an online game and they switched it to PC. They had problems with other online games in the past and why they may have switched it.

Yeah, I was aware of the whole Olympus thing , you're right to be fair, it probably was a cop out saying the loading screens were put in place in an attempt to make things better for players with less dedicated laptops.

The only thing I'm struggling to understand at this point though, is why, aside from the lag on the detective career, every other part of my game seems to run perfectly well in terms of speed? I would have thought that if having a dual core processor is sub-optimal, then I should be experiencing significant lag all round. Especially since I have no culling so I have to regularly delete townies to stop the town being overpopulated, tons of CC and play rotationally with a whole bunch of families in one save. And yet, majority of the time my game is fine. For example I don't have the T-posing problems other people have, and my sims only stand around idle on the prison lot, everywhere else, they have a normal response time. Idk, I think I'll try and slim my save down a bit, and see if it helps because I have a few played sims in the detective career, but I'm surprised my laptop is running the game as well as it is, if I shouldn't be running on dual core. Oh well, probably a discussion for another topic!

By the way for anyone not being able to find suspects in the detective career there is a workaround. Someone on reddit posted it and it worked; cheat to give your detective sims the observant trait, keep finding clues until you get a clue which is related directly to a trait and then you should be able to find your suspect soon, as you will learn all the townies' traits when you introduce yourself to them. The suspects always tend to be acquaintances or below, so if you have already met them, just use forget active sim and meet them again. Found someone I was looking for for 5 career days right away with this workaround.
    I'm not saying the game does not have bugs. It does. I was just curious if you get this specific bug on a new vanilla game. In tech we always run our game tests vanilla. This way there is no interference with the game should we have to report back to the gurus. We will test on different versions of windows too just in case windows is the problem. Not everyone is getting this bug you have

You would be surprised what could cause a problem. CC clothes, hair etc can mess up the sims 3 and I'm sure it's no different for the sims 4.
    This makes me wonder why the devs cant just offer an interface for players to use so CC doesnt mess with the game. In Wow its LUA which is easy to handle. But I think we covered the lack of competence sufficiently.

Well EA can't control if someone makes bad CC, you chose to download it and it messes up your game. CC is all third party and not endorsed by EA. Sometimes when the game updates it makes the CC or Mods incompatible with the game. This happened with the sims 3 too. There is also still some poorly made CC floating around the sims 3 and people still get effected by it downloading from the sims 3 exchange. We still get these problems in tech. EA's new gallery is trying to prevent those issues of people getting infected with bad cc that has been uploaded for others to download.

The current, new-as-of-the-patch-before-this-one issue isn't CC-related, though - I have it and I have no CC. It's that situation outfits for festivals and vampire walkbys are pulling on more content than they had been. It's been replicated by QA, but that was probably too soon before this last patch to get a fix into the patch. Hoping for the next one. It's pretty immersion breaking. I've now modded out vampire walkbys and am staying away from the outdoors during festivals :/ (When I'm playing at all, that is. So much going on right now IRL!)

There are some bugs that are on EA and have nothing to do with CC. What we are talking about here is the school bus bug. Some have it and some don't. If some have it and some don't ,what is causing it?

In general I'm sure that there are some armatures out there trying to make CC for the game. If they don't know what they are doing and make bad cc, it could mess up your game. We still see it in the sims 3. There is some very bad cc out there that can mess up your whole game. Acts like a virus

crinrict has a whole blog on bad cc in the sims 3 just to give you an example http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc

Oh I know about bad CC - I track some of it when updates happen, it's part of why I don't bother using it. But I thought you were responding about the costuming bug not the going-to-school delay.

Short version I was speaking to someone in this thread who does meet all the requirements to run the game and asked them if they tested the game vanilla. I was advising them bad cc can cause issues and EA is not responsible for 3rd party CC

Some people getting it and some are not. One person posting in here said their old game plays fine but the school bus bug is happening on a two week old game of theirs. They have more than one game going and it's only effecting a newer game

Haha, I didn't even mean the thickness, the pc shop I usually went to finally started stocking gaming laptops, but I noticed on the covers they always seemed to have some odd intricate design or really flashy luminescent logo. At the time I think they had three alien-ware laptops and one HP laptop with lots of orange cross hatching or something on the lid. I know that's just superficial stuff, but I think I would prefer a simpler looking one if I need to sit in the office with it, I have seen some less flashy looking HP ones but I have found that the more intricately designed ones seem to have better specs for some reason. I suppose any of them will be better than what I have now, but when I come to buy a new laptop/ desktop probably early next year, I'll run it by tech here first so I don't make the sort of mistakes I made with the quad core processor :)

I was actually seriously considering building my own PC, for gaming but also because I thought it would be pretty interesting to do so, but time/cost have prevented me from doing so, so far.

The loading screens. This was an online game and they switched it to PC. They had problems with other online games in the past and why they may have switched it.

Yeah, I was aware of the whole Olympus thing , you're right to be fair, it probably was a cop out saying the loading screens were put in place in an attempt to make things better for players with less dedicated laptops.

The only thing I'm struggling to understand at this point though, is why, aside from the lag on the detective career, every other part of my game seems to run perfectly well in terms of speed? I would have thought that if having a dual core processor is sub-optimal, then I should be experiencing significant lag all round. Especially since I have no culling so I have to regularly delete townies to stop the town being overpopulated, tons of CC and play rotationally with a whole bunch of families in one save. And yet, majority of the time my game is fine. For example I don't have the T-posing problems other people have, and my sims only stand around idle on the prison lot, everywhere else, they have a normal response time. Idk, I think I'll try and slim my save down a bit, and see if it helps because I have a few played sims in the detective career, but I'm surprised my laptop is running the game as well as it is, if I shouldn't be running on dual core. Oh well, probably a discussion for another topic!

By the way for anyone not being able to find suspects in the detective career there is a workaround. Someone on reddit posted it and it worked; cheat to give your detective sims the observant trait, keep finding clues until you get a clue which is related directly to a trait and then you should be able to find your suspect soon, as you will learn all the townies' traits when you introduce yourself to them. The suspects always tend to be acquaintances or below, so if you have already met them, just use forget active sim and meet them again. Found someone I was looking for for 5 career days right away with this workaround.

Yes they do tend to put some fancy logos on the gaming laptops. I have an Asus ROG gaming laptop. Its black, thick and had great cooling. It's also 8 pounds. It does not have all the fancy on it yet you can tell it's a higher end laptop. My laptop is also older now and has a 700 series card. I guess they are making them more fancy as time goes on.

I would not advise building yourself if you have not tinkered enough with computers. In general gaming hardware is more expensive than regular hardware. You make a mistake it can be very costly. They do have companies where you pick out the hardware and they will build it for you. I did that with my custom desktops.

I can't tell you why some won't get the bugs you have and visa versa. The sims games have their own thing. The game may like some hardware better than others. No two computers are the same even if same make and model. The sims 3 plays much better for me than the sims 4. You might hear the opposite from others where the sims 4 plays better for them than the sims 3.

edited June 2017

Some people getting it and some are not. One person posting in here said their old game plays fine but the school bus bug is happening on a two week old game of theirs. They have more than one game going and it's only effecting a newer game

I've been reading the thread so I'm aware of that. There's also a very long thread on it at AHQ.

I'm just saying, it's not custom content related so you know.
    AHQ Tutorial

I've been reading the thread so I'm aware of that. There's also a very long thread on it at AHQ.

I'm just saying, it's not custom content related so you know.

ok thanks
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Sims stand up to watch TV.
    Sims stand up to play video games.
    There is a mod for that.
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    There is a mod for that.

But I don't want to keep downloading mods, I shouldn't have to look to mods for a fix that's the companies job not mine.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    For the outfits, what I do is (if you have Get Together) ask the sim to show me their outfit (formal, party, etc). It's not permanent unfortunately, but it gets rid of the eye sore for that moment.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    Yubell wrote: »
    There is a mod for that.

But I don't want to keep downloading mods, I shouldn't have to look to mods for a fix that's the companies job not mine.
    I so agree with you. The problem is that mods remove the problems the devs are incapable or unwilling to fix them.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

This is what really annoys so I saw this sim last night and my townie randomness has reached insanity, he was running for a picnic table outside my house at midnight

tumblr_ortgieswQN1v5g8yyo1_540.png

Whoa. That's one of the worst clothing malfunctions that I've seen so far.

You have my condolences.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    There is a mod for that.

I so agree with you. The problem is that mods remove the problems the devs are incapable or unwilling to fix them.

Are there mods to get rid of the floating fruit issue I have, get my Sim back into his work outfit (since for some reason he's wearing his Romance Festival t-shirt and I can't change his work outfit)? And if such a mod like that exists, can I uninstall it once it repairs the problem? And it won't cause further problems doing this either?
    There is a mod for that.

Are there mods to get rid of the floating fruit issue I have, get my Sim back into his work outfit (since for some reason he's wearing his Romance Festival t-shirt and I can't change his work outfit)? And if such a mod like that exists, can I uninstall it once it repairs the problem? And it won't cause further problems doing this either?

MCCC allows you to do this. You can copy outfits between outfit slots including bathing and career outfits. You can also edit the career outfit directly.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    There is a mod for that.

MCCC allows you to do this. You can copy outfits between outfit slots including bathing and career outfits. You can also edit the career outfit directly.

I am still new and dumb with the game and acronyms, so what is MCCC? I also never saw a slot for a career outfit? I have like regular everyday, swimming, atletic, formal, party, and sleep. When he used to go to work as an Entertainer/musician he'd have this maroon jacket making him look like a nightclub performer.
    There is a mod for that.

I am still new and dumb with the game and acronyms, so what is MCCC? I also never saw a slot for a career outfit? I have like regular everyday, swimming, atletic, formal, party, and sleep. When he used to go to work as an Entertainer/musician he'd have this maroon jacket making him look like a nightclub performer.

Ah, sorry :)

MCCC = MC Command Center. This is a mod that allows you to tweak and control a whole host of game settings.

Once it is installed, you can click on a computer, a sim or a mailbox and it adds an MC Command Center button that makes a bunch of game settings available. Too many to list here, but they range from allowing you to control the number of homeless sims in the game, ages to generate new sims, story progression, autonomy tweaks, blocking of annoying actions like excessive computer use, increase max number of sims in a household etc, etc. Lots more :)

The game normally hides quite a lot from the player including the hidden career, situational and bathing slots, MCCC makes these available for editing and copying into other slots.

The official MCCC site lives here :smile:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Ah, sorry :)

MCCC = MC Command Center. This is a mod that allows you to tweak and control a whole host of game settings.

Once it is installed, you can click on a computer, a sim or a mailbox and it adds an MC Command Center button that makes a bunch of game settings available. Too many to list here, but they range from allowing you to control the number of homeless sims in the game, ages to generate new sims, story progression, autonomy tweaks, blocking of annoying actions like excessive computer use, increase max number of sims in a household etc, etc. Lots more :)

The game normally hides quite a lot from the player including the hidden career, situational and bathing slots, MCCC makes these available for editing and copying into other slots.

The official MCCC site lives here :smile:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease
    Slight correction. You only get all options when using a computer to access to settings. The tuner options to disable annoying actions isnt available if you click on a sim.