Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Longer Hairstyles For The Sims 4!

JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruAzurre @SimGuruNinja

I'm really surprised The Sims 4 doesn't have longer hairstyles. The longer hairstyles for The Sims 4 aren't even mid back length. I would like to see long hairstyles for sims that fall around the lower back to waist length and longer afro textured styles. I'm not big on CC and I don't feel we should "have to" rely on that in order to see hairstyles in longer lengths. I would also like to see a variety of longer hairstyles incorporated with all hair types/textures from the kinkiest to the sleekest. Let me know what you all think. Here's some examples of hairstyles I would like to see.

The Sims 4 average long hair length:

rsz_romanticgardenhair.jpg

FormalHair.jpg

LongFullHair2_1.jpg

FrenchBraid4.jpg

HalfandHalfHair.jpg

HalfandHalfHair2.jpg

LongPonytail.jpg

rsz_frenchbraid2.jpg

rsz_frenchbraid3%201.jpg

SexyFro.jpg

LongTextured%20Hair.jpg

BoxBraids.jpg.png

LongCornrows.jpg[

BraidedPonytail.jpg

LongDreadsforWomen.jpg

LongDreadsforWomen2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    the hair in ts4 isn't animated, so it's not gonna look good long, especially in-game
    that's kind of why the whole "i know there's cc but i shouldn't have to.." thing doesn't really work for this particular case
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    the hair in ts4 isn't animated, so it's not gonna look good long, especially in-game
    that's kind of why the whole "i know there's cc but i shouldn't have to.." thing doesn't really work for this particular case

Neither was the hair in The Sims 3 but the base game had waist length hairstyles. Animation doesn't have anything to do with a hairstyle.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »

Neither was the hair in The Sims 3 but the base game had waist length hairstyles. Animation doesn't have anything to do with a hairstyle.

yea, and it looked bad in TS3, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, and it has a lot to do with the animation/physics because a lot of what makes it look terrible wouldn't be a problem if it had physics.

on top of that, TS3 hair wasn't clay, so it'd just look even worse in TS4
    These are just my thoughts though, I'm not trying to convince you lmao
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > the hair in ts4 isn't animated, so it's not gonna look good long, especially in-game
    > that's kind of why the whole "i know there's cc but i shouldn't have to.." thing doesn't really work for this particular case

pretty much agree with this

long hair cc already has so many visual problems and EA isn't gonna be able to do it any better. It's a matter of the hair being static.

when people download the cc, for one thing it's free, and for another they already expect the clipping and the inconsistencies but it's not a good look for a company to start charging people for meshes that will look bad in the game. That's probably why they stopped doing it after s3.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

yea, and it looked bad in TS3, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, and it has a lot to do with the animation/physics because a lot of what makes it look terrible wouldn't be a problem if it had physics.

If you look at many of the cc hairstyles for sims 3 that were longer..they looked great. The only reason you may feel it didn't look that good was because of the style..not because it wasn't animated. Now I imagine for The Sims 4 because of the clay art styled hair it may be a little tricky for novice cc hair creators but as far as EA they could pull it off. The hairstyles in general have actually come a long way since the release of the game. I'm sure many people would appreciate styles of longer lengths that would still come out nice and polished.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Agreed. The "long" hairstyles are actually really short. It really limits me sometimes when I want to make a character with long hair. And clipping shouldn't be a problem if the hair is mostly to the back, out of the way of the sim's front, where most of the animation is. But I seriously doubt that anyone will throw their computer out of the window in anger and boycot the game if a hairstyle causes a bit of clipping.
  • Options
    dpapiiidpapiii Posts: 32 Member
    Yes!!! I hate having to download loads of CC hair just to have a variety for my female sims in my legacy and around town.
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @Louise_G0325 said:
    > Agreed. The "long" hairstyles are actually really short. It really limits me sometimes when I want to make a character with long hair. And clipping shouldn't be a problem if the hair is mostly to the back, out of the way of the sim's front, where most of the animation is. But I seriously doubt that anyone will throw their computer out of the window in anger and boycot the game if a hairstyle causes a bit of clipping.

it's not really about people throwing their computers out the window in anger. it's simply a bad look. You can see why animation is important when you download those CC hairs and tell your sim to sit down in a chair and their hair goes through the bottom of the chair. It's hideous. For a company to include that in their game is highly unprofessional, I don't even expect it from EA, for which I already have low expectations of.
  • Options
    Agreed. The "long" hairstyles are actually really short. It really limits me sometimes when I want to make a character with long hair. And clipping shouldn't be a problem if the hair is mostly to the back, out of the way of the sim's front, where most of the animation is. But I seriously doubt that anyone will throw their computer out of the window in anger and boycot the game if a hairstyle causes a bit of clipping.

As long as the length didn't exceed waist length, I don't see why there would be any issues. If anything, it should be able to function like the other hairs. All these shoulder length or shorter hairstyles are getting really old and their not even that trendy.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    KiaraZurk does long Maxis-match hair and it has little clipping or have animation issues. And she's just one person. Not like I trust EA's quality control but they have the means to do it.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    WoleeWolee Posts: 4 New Member
    I always thought it would be good to open source hair, furniture, clothes, etc. EA can partner with content creators, and both can make some money...
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    ive been thinking about this for a long time !! I know there will be some clipping issues but overall I don't care I would like
    To have more variety of long hairs !!
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    Yeah I'm seriously on board with this, we need longer hair and curls. I'm sad we haven't really had curls at the moment tbh.

That and longer hairs have looked good, they have the power to redo certain systems to definitely allow it, I'm sure they could even have smooth bones of sorts to keep them looking nice without being animated.
  • Options

Proof longer hairstyles can be done as well as shorter hairs if not better. We should have longer hairstyles to choose from.

CC20Hair1.jpg

CC20Hair204_1.jpg

LongAfroCC.jpg

CCHairBraids_1.jpg

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Physics often leads to weird movements with the hair too. There's always a time where the hair are like in your face or distorted. :D
  • Options
    bigmickeymikebigmickeymike Posts: 2 New Member
    WHat about such Box Braids [url]http://africanamericanhairstyling.com/box-braids-hairstyles/ [/url]
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Even long cc hair generally doesn't look great in game for the simple reason - as mentioned above - the physics of it are constraining. What bothers me personally isn't so much the lack of movement but rather that long hair doesn't form to the body and there are unattractive gaps between the sim and their clay hair. Anyhow. I'm not trying to dissuade you that you should want something different than you do, I'm only trying to say it's unlikely from an aesthetic perspective that EA will remedy that. I would encourage you, however, to look for cc and test it out in your game to see whether or not you can overlook the glitchy bits of long hair. There are some v pretty ones being made in the community. :)
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Please more long hair styles, but please make some messy ones too, and PRETTY PLEASE, don't make the long hair styles freakishly long like CC. LONG HAIR DOESN'T MEAN IT GOES TO YOUR BUTT XD
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    We need a "fix hair" option! If they can do it with makeup, then they could possibly do it with hair too.......only a select few easy styles would be needed.......like a pony tail and a hair bun. Also, if their hair is up? A "take hair down" option........or perhaps automatic animation when going to sleep, shower, what have you.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I would like see longer hair style for men, lower back in length.
  • Options
    I would like to see longer hair for men too, wavy full and down to the lower back in length, pony tails, braids.
  • Options
    There is eye liner for men except in formal I would like to have it there too.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member

The hair is attached to body movement....
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    honestly i much prefer to give my female sims short hair since i find short hair to be my main choice when i create sims even if its a single sim mom
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    Yesssss I would absolutely love long hair options for my sims!!