Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life Stage Debate: How to make it fair

Comments

• FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    it's like talking to a brick wall.. a dumb brick wall at that.

1.) the average bust size for a 13 y/o girl is smaller than that of an 18 y/o woman. So to say age has no relation to bust size is (sorry if this insults you, but) stupid.
    2.) you keep taking everything that everyone else says and making it seem like they're trying to make some overencompassing statement about something. I never CLAIMED to know every 13 year old girl, I don't need to! This is something that should be common sense, and even if it weren't, plenty of data is out there for you to go educate yourself.
    3.) If 13 year old girls were fully developed, we wouldn't be throwing creeps in jail for being attracted to them.
    4.) Even if everything you're fighting so hard to argue is true, what the hell does it do for your desire for preteens? If anything it counters your own 🐸🐸🐸🐸 request!

My goodness.....
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A quick bit of research suggests that the average cup size for a 13 year old is an A cup.
    The average for a 16 year old is closer to a C cup.
    The average for an adult woman is a DD cup.

BUT! These are averages for the US, if you look at other countries, Russian women, on average, have a larger cup size than women in the US. On average, most women in Asian countries average significantly smaller cup sizes, with their average being only an A cup, it's the same for many African countries.

Breast size is directly tied to body fat, after all, breasts are mostly just fatty tissue. Women who have less body fat have smaller breasts than those who are obese. This becomes pretty obvious, when you realise that a bit over 20 years ago, the average for women in the US was a B cup. As women get bigger, so too does their bra size.

And fat is the reason why we see more girls under 13 with breasts.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    @Movotti
    yes, you're correct. i tend to lump this age group together, sorry. i was thinking of "tween", which is a preteen OR a young teenager.
    apparently preteen is anything younger than 13.
    anyhow, at that age, no. most of them were still shorter than their parents, the few people i can think of who were taller were male, but i was talking about females.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

edited June 2017
    i was thinking of "tween", which is a preteen OR a young teenager.
    You're wrong again :p
    A tween is someone who is between single digits and their teens, aka its a 10-12 year old.
    Yep

anyhow, at that age, no. most of them were still shorter than their parents, the few people i can think of who were taller were male, but i was talking about females.
    Interesting!
    I wonder what we're doing differently here in oz, to make kids grow so fast. Maybe we get more vitamin D thanks to the hole in the ozonelayer :/
    Or all the extra UV turned us into mutants. :p
  • KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    it's like talking to a brick wall.. a dumb brick wall at that.
    1.) the average bust size for a 13 y/o girl is smaller than that of an 18 y/o woman. So to say age has no relation to bust size is (sorry if this insults you, but) plum.
    2.) you keep taking everything that everyone else says and making it seem like they're trying to make some overencompassing statement about something. I never CLAIMED to know every 13 year old girl, I don't need to! This is something that should be common sense, and even if it weren't, plenty of data is out there for you to go educate yourself.
    3.) If 13 year old girls were fully developed, we wouldn't be throwing creeps in jail for being attracted to them.
    4.) Even if everything you're fighting so hard to argue is true, what the plum does it do for your desire for preteens? If anything it counters your own plum request!

My goodness.....

Its like I'm talking to a male who don't know anything about females. Plum this. Plum that. Swearing is not allowed on here lol. Thank good for the plum censors. Anyway, many girls are well developed at 13, 14, 15...some are A cups, B cups, C cups, D cups, DD cups, DDD cups...And yeah creeps do get thrown in jail for 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And I think you need to educate yourself on females. Do research. I did plenty of research.
    Movotti wrote: »
    i was thinking of "tween", which is a preteen OR a young teenager.
    You're wrong again :p
    A tween is someone who is between single digits and their teens, aka its a 10-12 year old.
    Yep

Interesting!
    I wonder what we're doing differently here in oz, to make kids grow so fast. Maybe we get more vitamin D thanks to the hole in the ozonelayer :/
    Or all the extra UV turned us into mutants. :p

Tween does mean a younger teenager. People mostly refer them as 10-12 year olds.
    > @KlumsyKate said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > it's like talking to a brick wall.. a dumb brick wall at that.
    > 1.) the average bust size for a 13 y/o girl is smaller than that of an 18 y/o woman. So to say age has no relation to bust size is (sorry if this insults you, but) plum.
    > 2.) you keep taking everything that everyone else says and making it seem like they're trying to make some overencompassing statement about something. I never CLAIMED to know every 13 year old girl, I don't need to! This is something that should be common sense, and even if it weren't, plenty of data is out there for you to go educate yourself.
    > 3.) If 13 year old girls were fully developed, we wouldn't be throwing creeps in jail for being attracted to them.
    > 4.) Even if everything you're fighting so hard to argue is true, what the plum does it do for your desire for preteens? If anything it counters your own plum request!
    >
    > My goodness.....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its like I'm talking to a male who don't know anything about females. Plum this. Plum that. Swearing is not allowed on here lol. Thank good for the plum censors. Anyway, many girls are well developed at 13, 14, 15...some are A cups, B cups, C cups, D cups, DD cups, DDD cups...And yeah creeps do get thrown in jail for plum. And I think you need to educate yourself on females. Do research. I did plenty of research.

I'm a woman. Not that that would make any difference to the situation whatsoever. You don't need to be a girl to know common sense. You do need to have a brain though, which is something you may want to get checked out. Telling stories about how I was fully developed by age 13 doesn't mean "most" girls are fully developed at 13. Idiot.
    Also, no, you don't get to just say "I'm a woman, so everything I know about women is fact, and no man can speak to me about these subjects".. my god.. it's no wonder men don't take us seriously.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Now that my beloved toddlers are back, I am happy again. My only complaint would be the size/look of the teens. Not that I think teens should be shorter than adults in all cases. I was taller than my mother by the time I turned 14 and my older brother and sister were taller than her too as teens, but we all looked like kids. That's what I have a hard time with. When I first got TS4 last November, I was in CAS creating a new Sim. I thought she was a YA, but I was able to move her into her own apartment (not unheard if in real life) but I honestly thought she was grown! Until I saw her age group when I hovered over her, I saw she was a teen. I could not tell the difference whatsoever. Overall, I am happy with the life stages though. EA has made me happy again for a long time to come because of todds alone.
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    Anyway, many girls are well developed at 13, 14, 15...some are A cups, B cups, C cups, D cups, DD cups, DDD cups.
    Some are well developed, a few, but the vast majority are not.
    And I think you need to educate yourself on females. Do research. I did plenty of research.
    I think you're not as well researched as you think you are.

Do you know the complications that come with so much development at such an early age?
    Do you know the probable causes of it?

One thing is for sure, entering puberty early isn't a good thing. Rapid development of girls at an early age results in rapid aging. Women who got their period before the age of 10 have a much higher rate breast cancer, often have stunted growth, and are far more likely to end up with osteoporosis.

The number one contributing cause of girls entering puberty earlier (and average earlier than any time in recorded history) is fat. Quite simply, girls of today are far fatter at an earlier age, than at any prevous point in history. Chubbier four year olds, leads to 8 and 9 year olds suffering from their monthlies. Girls with more fat have more estrogen, which in turn, causes them to gain more fat.

But that's not all of it. There are many environmental things that can contribute to girls entering puberty earlier. Stress is a probable cause. Pheromones from non-related adult males, spending a lot of time with older step brothers, step fathers, mum's new boyfriend, can contribute to earlier puberty, thanks to pheromones. BPA can contribute. Never before have young girls been so exposed to it in the past. It's in practically everything these days, in particular it's in plastics and the glue used to hold your furniture together!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    did I just read "most females are fully developed at 13" in this thread ?
    oh my..
    not sure what kind of 13 year olds you folks live around

Puberty at an early age is in direct relatioship in the last ten/fifteen years with hormones added to the food we eat. Such as hormones given to cows to produce more milk, Or fowl/poultry. This has increased over the last several years with children going into puperty long before it was due. It's a real problem. Not everyone is developed at thirteen but it does depend on (now ) with the hormones added to stock in their feed.

This also is related to thyroid hormone regulated by the pituratry glad. Some people are late bloomers closer to sixteen than thirteen. So are males. Young people having children before twenty years old are more likely to have breach births, so no unlike stated here, females are still not fully developed inside though they are sixteen or seventeen and why breach births are on the rise. (It is not mainstream for a child to go into puberty at eight years of age, but this happens more and more due to the hormones added to stock and food).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    No actuallly both males and females are not fully mature mentally until about 25
    And not just mentally.

Compare someone at 15, 20 and 26.
    There's a fair bit of physical change that happens.

Many teens reach adult height (being the height of at least one of their parents) by the time they are 14-15, some reach adult height as early as 12, but that often isn't their full height, a lot of people end up taller than their parents at some point during their teenage years.

TS4 does a pretty good job of showing the general difference between teens (being tall and willowy), and young adults (being a bit more filled out). In reality, a lot of women don't get their 'womanly' figure until their mid-late 20's. Most women gain a cup size or two between 20 and 26.

Don't worry I got ya ;)
    did I just read "most females are fully developed at 13" in this thread ?
    oh my..
    not sure what kind of 13 year olds you folks live around

Almost everything I have read said majority of girls are done the growing part (taller not chest or legs) of puberty by 15 there is some growth in breasts and hips into the late teens early twenties for females, that being said for many girls breasts do exist as early as grade six grade seven.
    This fits my experiences in life with female bodies fairly well personally; but then as always is good to remember these are averages and they actually change from country to country race to race because everyone is vary different and there are like 7 billion people on this planet so I wouldn't really worry to much about exact ages because seriously no one is the same and the average of 7 billion still allows for some major differences.

Comparatively though our brains are much less developed than our bodies by out 20s.

Also Where I'm living a lot of people have their full height around 13-15 (depending on gender usually) I think I've mentioned it before but I was 11-12ish when I stopped growing. I didn't get taller than ether of my parents but I'm still the tallest girl on my dads side of the family so I'll take it :p (shorter than everyone else it seems though :'( )

A quick bit of research suggests that the average cup size for a 13 year old is an A cup.
    The average for a 16 year old is closer to a C cup.
    The average for an adult woman is a DD cup.

BUT! These are averages for the US, if you look at other countries, Russian women, on average, have a larger cup size than women in the US. On average, most women in Asian countries average significantly smaller cup sizes, with their average being only an A cup, it's the same for many African countries.

Breast size is directly tied to body fat, after all, breasts are mostly just fatty tissue. Women who have less body fat have smaller breasts than those who are obese. This becomes pretty obvious, when you realise that a bit over 20 years ago, the average for women in the US was a B cup. As women get bigger, so too does their bra size.

And fat is the reason why we see more girls under 13 with breasts.

This is what I was trying to get at with the average changing for puberty age by different countries and races. Don't pull too hard on averages when we are talking the average of 7 billion people. When you have that many numbers being crunched many many people will fall outside of what is "average" and as soon as you put a restriction on your numbers you will see them change most likely.

Also just a side note as fascinating as it is to be talking about how and when kids grow what do we all think of the original topic?
    I personally would still rather they added more features to existing stage before they worry about new ones and I would like a toggle if they did add new ones because I don't really like playing through with kids. (I know subtle topic shift is subtle :D )
  • spiffehspiffeh Posts: 41 Member
    I think more age groups would be interesting but I'm not sure it's as pressing as some of the other wants of other Sims players.
    edited June 2017
    > @KlumsyKate said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > it's like talking to a brick wall.. a dumb brick wall at that.
    > 1.) the average bust size for a 13 y/o girl is smaller than that of an 18 y/o woman. So to say age has no relation to bust size is (sorry if this insults you, but) plum.
    > 2.) you keep taking everything that everyone else says and making it seem like they're trying to make some overencompassing statement about something. I never CLAIMED to know every 13 year old girl, I don't need to! This is something that should be common sense, and even if it weren't, plenty of data is out there for you to go educate yourself.
    > 3.) If 13 year old girls were fully developed, we wouldn't be throwing creeps in jail for being attracted to them.
    > 4.) Even if everything you're fighting so hard to argue is true, what the plum does it do for your desire for preteens? If anything it counters your own plum request!
    >
    > My goodness.....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its like I'm talking to a male who don't know anything about females. Plum this. Plum that. Swearing is not allowed on here lol. Thank good for the plum censors. Anyway, many girls are well developed at 13, 14, 15...some are A cups, B cups, C cups, D cups, DD cups, DDD cups...And yeah creeps do get thrown in jail for plum. And I think you need to educate yourself on females. Do research. I did plenty of research.

I'm a woman. Not that that would make any difference to the situation whatsoever. You don't need to be a girl to know common sense. You do need to have a brain though, which is something you may want to get checked out. Telling stories about how I was fully developed by age 13 doesn't mean "most" girls are fully developed at 13.plum.

What? You're a...female? Uh...look, I'm sorry about what I said. Maybe not every 13 year old is developed.
    Also, no, you don't get to just say "I'm a woman, so everything I know about women is fact, and no man can speak to me about these subjects".. my god.. it's no wonder men don't take us seriously.

Yeah XD
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    Maybe not every 13 year old is developed.
    Indeed.
    But this does make me want to question the build of teenage girls that you were trying to use as the 'norm'
    What is their diet, lifestyle and family life like?

If you're talking about your own school, then I think you'll find that mine was very different.
    At 15, I don't think any girl in my class was over an AU size 10 (this is about model size, I don't know what it translates to in the US, but google says its a 6). Most were170cm tall or taller.

In the sticks, access to junk food is very limited, mostly just pies, or fish and chips. The nearest fast food outlets are about an hour - hour and a half away, and most country people won't drive that far, unless they're also doing their weekly grocery shopping. Also, 15 year olds don't drive, so anyone that age or under, is not going to have much access to any junk food, unless they walk to some place local, meaning they're at least getting excercise. Speaking of which, if you're not old enough to drive, but live in the town, you walk to and from school, or ride a bike.
    In my year 10 class, there was only one obese person, and their entire family was large, probably more to do with genetics, than diet.

Even now, living in the city, a lot of younger teens are more on the slender side, especially those who walk to catch buses. But not all are slender, there's actually quite a mix of sizes, and heights.

What it comes down to, is that the teens in the game are pretty good at representing a reasonable sized chunk of the teenage population. You can make your girls slender and flat chested, or you can make them super busty. And they are as tall as their mothers, as is typical. :)

As much as many people would like for there to be a greater variety of heights, at this point, the logistics of it make it impossible.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    I went to Private School in Florida. We did not walk anywhere, were not allowed off school grounds, and fast food was not a thing back then. We ate all meals in the school dining room. No junk food but all the fruit you wanted. We also had daily ballet classes, not that this matters. Why are we talking about school etc anyway?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I went to Private School in Florida.
    What's the lifestyle of private school students in florida? How does it impact their development? What sort of diet do they tend to have?

All I know about Florida is that it is similar to Queensland. Kinda warm and humid, with large bitey reptiles... and lots of old people choosing to retire there... and tourists.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I went to Private School in Florida.
    What's the lifestyle of private school students in florida? How does it impact their development? What sort of diet do they tend to have?

All I know about Florida is that it is similar to Queensland. Kinda warm and humid, with large bitey reptiles... and lots of old people choosing to retire there... and tourists.

Well it is Private school. You eat, breath, study, and stay in the school and school grounds. We had professional cooks and sat at 6 person tables with white table cloths and was served our meals. There were bowls of fresh fruit on every table. You could grab one or two and take it back to your room. We had standard meals - breakfast was sometimes oatmeal and fruit and juice or poached eggs on toast with juice. Lunch was the big meal of the day - a full dinner with salad, rolls, a meat if you ate meat, a rice pilaf or some sort of potato, a vegetable, Ice Tea or lemonade - I am a lifelong vegetarian so never any meat - dinner was a Soup, a salad, milk or juice. If you drank coffee or hot tea you could have it at breakfast and lunch, neither at supper.

We wore uniforms - a skirt, a blouse, a blazer.

We had classes all day - you name it - we had a class for it. After dinner we went to the campus library for two hours for research and study. Believe me there was no snakes or anything like that on the grounds - but it was hot if you went outside but always breezy, and not many girls wanted to stay outside but a few that really loved the gardens there. You could smell the ocean in the breeze, but we couldn't go there. We started School in early September, went home if our parents arranged it the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and came back the first week of January. School let out in late May for the Summer if again our parents arranged for us to leave - if not we stayed at school and had summer classes - studying the Arts, Music Appreciation, Sculpting, Painting, Typing, Home Economics, Sewing Classes, all sort of things - what ever our parents signed us up for.

Also the school I went to was only girls. My brother went to school in North Carolina that was Co-ed but my school was not.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want preteens but female bodies do change at preteen stage some more than others I was a B cup while my friend was a C cup at age 12. Another girl I knew was an A cup. At the tween stage you begin to sweat more and become musty in the armpit area and you use deodarants especially the boys.
    Also it's in speculation because this topic is one of the topics that are talked about a lot.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Also it's in speculation because this topic is one of the topics that are talked about a lot.

Why does that mean it's speculation though? I thought this was about guessing the future of ts4 and rumors of what will be included not just a popular idea people are talking about? :confused:
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I am okay with the aging process but I am not okay with the heights for teens :|
    It's always bothered me that they are the same height as adults because they look as though they are around 16-20.

So because of that, I do understand the idea of having a pre-teen lifestage. but maybe they can have different interactions and heights than the teens already have. I know that they already have mood swings and school projects.They also have pimples and braces that you can add to your sims now but I wish the pimples were more like a random event, like in Sims 2 when your teens would break out and use acne cream. Maybe even having concerts for our sims can go to enjoy teen boy bands (for pre-teens/teens to crush on), any genre band, etc.

I like to get past the children stages pretty quick since there is not much to do with them, in my opinion.
    I hope if they make a seasons pack (hopefully soon), we get roller skating rinks, snowman/snowball fights, and ice skating rinks back (sims 2/sims 3). Family-friendly activities that we can do with all the life stages! I liked how in Sims 3, they had contests, egg hunts, snow cone machines, ice cream trucks, and other seasonal festivals.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Briana2425 wrote: »

Why does that mean it's speculation though? I thought this was about guessing the future of ts4 and rumors of what will be included not just a popular idea people are talking about? :confused:

It says speculation and rumors right? We are speculating these life stages ideas they may come than again they may not? It's all just speculation. When she posted in the General Discussion people would think other lifestages are in the game which they are not so they move it to Speculation and Rumors.
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    this isn't speculation. it's just an idea. the premise of the thread is ideas about how to implement preteens if they get added. speculation would be "we're getting preteens soon: here's why I think so"