Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life Stage Debate: How to make it fair

Comments

• kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcfh0wW8bc1ropj8j.jpg
    When I saw this pic immediately thought: this is what teen sims should look like - e.g. childlike facial features while at the same time already growing simple breasts (for girls) and body height nicely between children and (young) adults. What we got so far in the sims series were just younger/shorter versions of the following life stage posing as teens (and yes, 16-17 year olds are technically still teens). And with pre-teens we would probably get something similar: children just a bit taller/older.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    kusurusu wrote: »
    When I saw this pic immediately thought: this is what teen sims should look like - e.g. childlike facial features while at the same time already growing simple breasts (for girls) and body height nicely between children and (young) adults. What we got so far in the sims series were just younger/shorter versions of the following life stage posing as teens (and yes, 16-17 year olds are technically still teens). And with pre-teens we would probably get something similar: children just a bit taller/older.

You don't know female bodies very well do you? Most of us are well into bras by the time we reach 13. Females are generally almost their full adult body shape and height by 14, but may grow a tiny bit more between 14-15. Males grow much longer than females and always continue to grow up until 19- 20. Most female models are considered old by age 19. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    kusurusu wrote: »

You don't know female bodies very well do you? Most of us are well into bras by the time we reach 13. Females are generally almost their full adult body shape and height by 14, but may grow a tiny bit more between 14-15. Males grow much longer than females and always continue to grow up until 19- 20. Most female models are considered old by age 19. LOL.

Yes, very true. Most female bodies are fully developed at 13 or 14. Girls also start puberty earlier like 7 or 9. I'm a female and I started puberty 8 years old. I developed breasts at 10 years old, and make body was done at 13 years old. Some girls might hit puberty later, but they suffer from delayed puberty. Boys do hit puberty later so some of them may look more like prebubscent children. Some boys may already hit puberty and look their age.

Not all teens have childlike features, growing breasts or short height. That's more preteen than actual teen. Most of the time, teens are already developed
    Falynios wrote: »
    and? they can't make everyone happy lmao
    the best they can do is go for what the majority wants, and since I don't think the majority wants preteens or young children over pets and seasons, we probably won't be seeing the former for quite a while.

Wrong. It should matter to make everyone happy. They Do whatever it takes to satisfy their customers. That's the number one thing when it comes to games. And how are you going to assume a majority want preteens or young children over pets? You don't no for sure. You can't speak for everyone.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Maxis doesn't have to make it fair. They are a corporation, not a democracy.

I personally don't want any more life stages but I know EA/Maxis will do whatever they decide to do, and it's up to me to buy/upgrade or not.

I disagree strongly disagree with the statement marked bold above. They do need to be fair about this. Its like a child gets more scoops of ice cream then the other. Not a same amount. Just imagine how many disappointed fans there would be if Maxis choose one side instead of them?

You can strongly disagree, but it's the truth. They are under no obligation to be fair. The fairness comes in when people choose not to buy what they develop.
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @KlumsyKate said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > and? they can't make everyone happy lmao
    > the best they can do is go for what the majority wants, and since I don't think the majority wants preteens or young children over pets and seasons, we probably won't be seeing the former for quite a while.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wrong. It should matter to make everyone happy. They Do whatever it takes to satisfy their customers. That's the number one thing when it comes to games. And how are you going to assume a majority want preteens or young children over pets? You don't no for sure. You can't speak for everyone.

"Wrong" says you, with nothing (logical) to follow up as to why.
    They're not going to satisfy all of their customers, end of story. Before each sims series ends there are still plenty of things that people wanted and never got to have.
    And I made NO assumptions nor any definitive statement. I said what I THINK about the majority. Although it's not like I have no reason to think this way. These forums, youtube video comments, announcement comments, all are drenched wet with the tears of people begging for pets and seasons. Not those of people begging for preteens.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2017
    did I just read "most females are fully developed at 13" in this thread ?
    oh my..
    not sure what kind of 13 year olds you folks live around
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    oh my..

Almost everything I have read said majority of girls are done the growing part (taller not chest or legs) of puberty by 15 there is some growth in breasts and hips into the late teens early twenties for females, that being said for many girls breasts do exist as early as grade six grade seven.
    This fits my experiences in life with female bodies fairly well personally; but then as always is good to remember these are averages and they actually change from country to country race to race because everyone is vary different and there are like 7 billion people on this planet so I wouldn't really worry to much about exact ages because seriously no one is the same and the average of 7 billion still allows for some major differences.
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    Honestly, I think pre-teens would please a lot of people. There's just such a huge gap between children and teens. Toddlers are super fun to play with, but part of what made them great was that they bridged that gap between babies and children.

I think thats the only new life stage we could use tho!! Maybe if they added some more options for babies, and maybe some more CAS options for players that would like more gradual aging that'd work.
    oh my..

Not sure if you even seen real 13 year old females because your comment suggests that. Yes, most girl are physically developed at 13 and 14 years old. However, they're still growing height wise. Around, 15 or 16 years old, they're done developing physically and mentally. Females who don't start puberty by the time they are 13 or 14, they're late developers.
    Maxis doesn't have to make it fair. They are a corporation, not a democracy.

I personally don't want any more life stages but I know EA/Maxis will do whatever they decide to do, and it's up to me to buy/upgrade or not.

I disagree strongly disagree with the statement marked bold above. They do need to be fair about this. Its like a child gets more scoops of ice cream then the other. Not a same amount. Just imagine how many disappointed fans there would be if Maxis choose one side instead of them?

You can strongly disagree, but it's the truth. They are under no obligation to be fair. The fairness comes in when people choose not to buy what they develop.

The truth is hurts, lol. They need to start being fair. I am a supporter of equality. I'm not changing my view.
    > @KlumsyKate said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > and? they can't make everyone happy lmao
    > the best they can do is go for what the majority wants, and since I don't think the majority wants preteens or young children over pets and seasons, we probably won't be seeing the former for quite a while.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wrong. It should matter to make everyone happy. They Do whatever it takes to satisfy their customers. That's the number one thing when it comes to games. And how are you going to assume a majority want preteens or young children over pets? You don't no for sure. You can't speak for everyone.

"Wrong" says you, with nothing (logical) to follow up as to why.
    They're not going to satisfy all of their customers, end of story. Before each sims series ends there are still plenty of things that people wanted and never got to have.
    And I made NO assumptions nor any definitive statement. I said what I THINK about the majority. Although it's not like I have no reason to think this way. These forums, youtube video comments, announcement comments, all are drenched wet with the tears of people begging for pets and seasons. Not those of people begging for preteens.

Yes, they do beg for preteens. Everywhere. On forums, YouTube, Twitter...I'm not saying being fair is logical or whatever. I'm aware they're not going to satisfy everyone but I'm asking them to be. They added toddlers when some people didn't want them back. A little unfair for those who don't want it.
    Wait why is this moved to speculation thread? This is supposed to be a general discussion. 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2017
    oh my..

Not sure if you even seen real 13 year old females because your comment suggests that. Yes, most girl are physically developed at 13 and 14 years old.
    But fully developed at 13?
    No. I'm really shaking my head at this one lmao
    I've seen people pull crazy "facts" out the water to make an argument but this is kind of taking the cake
    not saying it can never happen but to say it happens to "most girls" is ridiculous lmao
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    oh my..

I "was" a 13 year old girl at one time, as was tons of my friends and school mates.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    oh my..

Not sure if you even seen real 13 year old females because your comment suggests that. Yes, most girl are physically developed at 13 and 14 years old. However, they're still growing height wise. Around, 15 or 16 years old, they're done developing physically and mentally. Females who don't start puberty by the time they are 13 or 14, they're late developers.

No actuallly both males and females are not fully mature mentally until about 25 here's a web link and here's the specific quote for you
    Link
    According to recent findings, the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least the mid-20s. (See J. Giedd in References.) The specific changes that follow young adulthood are not yet well studied, but it is known that they involve increased myelination and continued adding and pruning of neurons. As a number of researchers have put it, "the rental car companies have it right." The brain isn't fully mature at 16, when we are allowed to drive, or at 18, when we are allowed to vote, or at 21, when we are allowed to drink, but closer to 25, when we are allowed to rent a car.

There is actually some people who are reaching full mental development in their early 30s according to some other articles I've read.

Just thought I would share some facts about the human brain. Also I don't know why this is speculation either to be honest I'm also confused by that move.

Edit fixing my link up it went in weirdly.
    edited June 2017
    oh my..

Not sure if you even seen real 13 year old females because your comment suggests that. Yes, most girl are physically developed at 13 and 14 years old.
    I've seen people pull crazy "facts" out the water to make an argument but this is kind of taking the cake
    not saying it can never happen but to say it happens to "most girls" is ridiculous lmao

Okay.
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    oh my..

No actuallly both males and females are not fully mature mentally until about 25 here's a web link and here's the specific quote for you
    Link
    According to recent findings, the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least the mid-20s. (See J. Giedd in References.) The specific changes that follow young adulthood are not yet well studied, but it is known that they involve increased myelination and continued adding and pruning of neurons. As a number of researchers have put it, "the rental car companies have it right." The brain isn't fully mature at 16, when we are allowed to drive, or at 18, when we are allowed to vote, or at 21, when we are allowed to drink, but closer to 25, when we are allowed to rent a car.

There is actually some people who are reaching full mental development in their early 30s according to some other articles I've read.

Just thought I would share some facts about the human brain. Also I don't know why this is speculation either to be honest I'm also confused by that move.

Edit fixing my link up it went in weirdly.

Oh. Thanks for telling me! I forgot teens and young adults are still maturing mentally.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I don't feel the need/want for additional life stages, but I would like to see a more realistic gradual aging process. Mid-life crisis's could be a fun gameplay addon, and if new life stages are added, please include an on/off toggle or player controlled lifespan like in TS3.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • KitCastKitCast Posts: 12 New Member
    I think they just need to add pre-teens and middle-age along with a mid-life crisis phase, and I'll be covered. Also more careers even if they're not playable.
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > KlumsyKate wrote: »
    >
    > CyrusTheLoser wrote: »
    >
    > did I just read "most females are fully developed at 13" in this thread ?
    > oh my..
    > not sure what kind of 13 year olds you folks live around
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not sure if you even seen real 13 year old females because your comment suggests that. Yes, most girl are physically developed at 13 and 14 years old.
    >
    >
    >
    > But fully developed at 13?
    > No. I'm really shaking my head at this one lmao
    > I've seen people pull crazy "facts" out the water to make an argument but this is kind of taking the cake
    > not saying it can never happen but to say it happens to "most girls" is ridiculous lmao

🐸🐸🐸🐸 i was thinking the exact same thing

people around here will go through any length of extreme to provide support for their point.
    the average bust size for an adult woman is 36C (not including surgery). I don't see 13 year old girls walking around with 36C's everywhere. I certainly wasn't at that age.

but the only response you'll get from the OP is "okay" because 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is logic? :D
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    "Most female bodies are fully developed at 13 or 14. Girls also start puberty earlier like 7 or 9. I'm a female and I started puberty 8 years old. "

that's called precocious puberty and it's actually a disorder.
    most 11-14 girls i knew (this is what a preteen is) were not developed at all. they had little to no breasts and absolutely no curves. nor were they fully grown height-wise.
    claiming that preteen girls are fully developed is absolutely insane, lol.

(i live in the usa, most girls at my school were white/latina. since someone brought ethnicity/country up.)
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

edited June 2017
    Never mind I can't link this here it would be considered inappropriate by the TOS.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited June 2017
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    No actuallly both males and females are not fully mature mentally until about 25
    And not just mentally.

Compare someone at 15, 20 and 26.
    There's a fair bit of physical change that happens.

Many teens reach adult height (being the height of at least one of their parents) by the time they are 14-15, some reach adult height as early as 12, but that often isn't their full height, a lot of people end up taller than their parents at some point during their teenage years.

TS4 does a pretty good job of showing the general difference between teens (being tall and willowy), and young adults (being a bit more filled out). In reality, a lot of women don't get their 'womanly' figure until their mid-late 20's. Most women gain a cup size or two between 20 and 26.

Men also change a bit. A guy might be 6ft at 15, but his shoulders will be narrower at that age, than at 20. And the rest will fill out during the early 20's. Like most women, most guys will develp an 'adult' body during their early 20's.

oh my..

Some people are dreaming. Usually those who are teens themselves.
    They seem oblivious to the fact that the body of a 13 year old does indeed develop and change, and that by 18, they are quite different, and often different again by 26. Though, most people do have a major growth spurt somewhere between 12 and 14, which results in them being as tall, or taller than one or both of their parents. Maybe that's what is meant by 'fully developed'? Cos I'm yet to see a 13 year old girl with the body of a 30 year old woman. :/

"Most female bodies are fully developed at 13 or 14. Girls also start puberty earlier like 7 or 9. I'm a female and I started puberty 8 years old. "

that's called precocious puberty and it's actually a disorder.
    most 11-14 girls i knew (this is what a preteen is) were not developed at all.
    Just got to correct something here.
    A pre teen is someone who has not yet reached their teenage years, a 14 year old is not a preteen, they are a teenager.

they had little to no breasts and absolutely no curves. nor were they fully grown height-wise.
    claiming that preteen girls are fully developed is absolutely insane, lol.

(i live in the usa, most girls at my school were white/latina. since someone brought ethnicity/country up.)
    Were they as tall as at least one of their parents?

I grew up in rural Australia, and just about everyone was as tall as one of their parents by the time they'd reached 15, several people were that tall by 12, and that wasn't even the height they'd reached by 18. I live in the city now, and even here many 12-15 year olds are as tall as at least one of their parents.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > KlumsyKate wrote: »
    >
    > CyrusTheLoser wrote: »
    >
    > did I just read "most females are fully developed at 13" in this thread ?
    > oh my..
    > not sure what kind of 13 year olds you folks live around
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not sure if you even seen real 13 year old females because your comment suggests that. Yes, most girl are physically developed at 13 and 14 years old.
    >
    >
    >
    > But fully developed at 13?
    > No. I'm really shaking my head at this one lmao
    > I've seen people pull crazy "facts" out the water to make an argument but this is kind of taking the cake
    > not saying it can never happen but to say it happens to "most girls" is ridiculous lmao

plum i was thinking the exact same thing

people around here will go through any length of extreme to provide support for their point.
    the average bust size for an adult woman is 36C (not including surgery). I don't see 13 year old girls walking around with 36C's everywhere. I certainly wasn't at that age.

but the only response you'll get from the OP is "okay" because plum is logic? :D

Whoa hold up. You even don't know every 13 year old girl. Plenty of them wear C cups. Some are even bigger than that. I've seen busty 13 and 14 year olds in middle schools and high schools. Who taught you to believe every 13 year old girl is flat chested? Wrong wrong wrong. Brest size has nothing to do with age, just genetics. I was a double D (DD) at 13. Now at 20, I'm a triple D (DDD).