Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have no shame...

60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
Please check out the steampunk roller coaster I made. :D

The builders corner is not what it used to be. :'(

The Brass Extravaganza!

Ugh, just realized I forgot the exclamation point in this photo. Just to be clear, it's The Brass Extravaganza! with the exclamation point at the end, ok?

SteamPark_zpscv3nshw8.png

As you can tell, this lot makes use of the beautiful observatory from Midnight Hollow. I couldn't resist. Unfortunately, placing it on a lot like this overrides the lot type. :s At least, sort of. When you're sims go there, they'll get the beautiful park moodlet. The only sims on it will be those working at the cash registers and those working in the observatory. I tried multiple times trying to come up with a solution. I actually only changed it to a Big Park last minute because the live show venue won't allow sims to throw parties there and that is my solution... Select "throw party at..." to get other sims to use the lot. You could also have your sim hop into the hot tub and invite people to join from the surrounding community lots. This process is sort of a bugger, but it will make the lot a lot more fun. It's just a shame I couldn't get it to work as I intended because there are so many things for sims to do there. :( One of those includes the showtime stage. There are proprietors that will be around a lot. I tried to see if it was working correctly, so I could take a picture, but I honestly don't know. Before I was done finishing the lot, there was one sim that did give a show, but she was AWFUL. Assuming the stage still works, I kept it there and I would think it would, if it worked before. The observatory was the very first thing I placed, so there shouldn't be a conflict there, I don't think. :neutral:

Another issue I faced was placing the lot in a neighborhood. It will look just like the image above, unless you need to rotate it, in which case the roof will go out of place. I suggest placing it in the lot as you wish and then redo the roof. Here are my steps to get it looking good as new:
  1. Delete the roof
  2. Move the Victorian roof to a different location, temporarily
  3. Place the Octagonal Mansard roof
  4. Open cheat window
  5. "moveobjects on"
  6. Hover the Victorian Roof on the floor below (that's the black section, so the Victorian Roof doesn't stick out as tall)
  7. Press the alt key to place the Victorian Roof in the correct location
  8. "Moveobjects off"
  9. Done!

And that's it with the issues I had. I just want to be forthcoming about it, so everyone knows what their getting into, first.

So, onto my pictures and usual chitter chatter. ;)

The lot has two points of entry. One of which (this is the main one btw) is right in front of the stores you see in the second photo below. The other point of entry or exit is in the right hand corner way behind the pond and next to the spring riders. If you want, you can delete the second entry and close it with the fence. This way, you don't have to find a specific lot for it to work in, if you know what I mean.
brass3_zpsbt75zzcd.png

The Brass Extravaganza! is home to several different stores to visit including a bakery, restaurant, toy store, an elixir shop and a clothing "store" (I put this in quotes because I'm not using the display pedestals from ITF. You can only change them, if you own the lot. Why did EA decide this? I don't know, but it put a damper on my building process. There is, however, a work around with a mod).

brass2_zps26qw7ghp.png
Screenshot-314_zpsgwyrokke.jpg
brass4_zps42aon9z1.png
brass8_zpsqj4qt3eg.png
brass5_zpstc06ngq2.png
Screenshot-377_zpsfzkn0bi9.jpg

So that the clothing store isn't just for decoration, I placed an easel on the second floor, so sims can practice designing. You can also see that this lot is for the whole family. In addition to the toy store and in many cases the sims can "test" an object in it, there's a toddler playpen, a syfi treehouse, a teeter totter, spring riders, games, and a place to play in the sand. Kids cannot order from the restaurant or bakery, so I placed a small fridge to meet their needs. :)
brass9_zpsyul0j8ai.png

There's different amusements for sims to participate in throughout the lot.

Screenshot-364_zpsgijrmba8.jpg
Screenshot-308_zpsoopufona.jpg
Screenshot-389_zpsdyhpejqi.jpg
Screenshot-310_zpsw2boo1gi.jpg
]Screenshot-360_zpsr39ec0jt.jpg
Screenshot-318_zpsbolqmizu.jpg

...And a fake place to take pictures, behind the haunted house.
Screenshot-332_zpsyplc9xkd.jpg

Just some additional shots...
brass10_zps61or4scs.png
It took me several hours to figure out how to do this roller coaster. I had already placed the observatory and built the shell of the bakery/restaurant and really wanted to get the roller coaster loop over the building. I had used place friezes to get the middle section, so trying to place the loop was especially difficult. The stilts weren't tall enough to reach the top of the building and, when I tried to place some stilts on top of the roof, the placement of loop wouldn't connect to my already placed track pieces. Somehow or another, I got it to work, building intact, but just barely. The final problem was to connect the beginning and end pieces together. I started from the end of the track and started making my way to the front, but stopped doing that to begin at the starting point, hoping to connect the pieces somewhere in the middle. There is no way I would have succeeded without getting rid of the stilts. I tried and tried, so that's why the track is floating with absolutely no support. At least it allowed me to come up with a story for the upload. Haha. :D
brass7_zpsfd5wkx1h.png
brass6_zpsaambxrbp.png
Screenshot-320_zpsqiymjja8.jpgScreenshot-304_zpswq6c1wni.jpg

Well, I hope you all enjoy. I've been working on this one on and off for a couple weeks. I finally decided to go through with my idea to gut Aurora Skies and make it a steampunk themed world. I downloaded a few lots from the exchange and am excited to make the town feel alive. This is just the start of that goal.

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Dayam!!! That is pretty Awesome! :smiley:
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Very Impressive. I'll look out for this if I ever install Sims 3 again. Really beautiful work.
  • LadyLilySophiaLadyLilySophia Posts: 121 Member
    That is so awesome!
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    WOW! You can really tell you put a lot of hard work into this. It's amazing. Great job!! :o:o:o

And good luck with your goal to make over the whole town. I tried doing that once to make an Underground City, where you would mainly travel everywhere using the Llama and teleporting and stuff. I gave up when it came time to place all the lots. I got overwhelmed and bored, somehow at the same time. I hope your town turns out just as awesome as your Amusement Park. :D
    giphy.gif

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It's beautiful!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Dayam!!! That is pretty Awesome! :smiley:
    Haha. Thanks! :D:blush:
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I absolutely <3<3<3 this!!

Thank you. <3
    Mendota wrote: »
    Very Impressive. I'll look out for this if I ever install Sims 3 again. Really beautiful work.

Thank you. o:)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

That is one Awesome Lot! I just looove Steampunk and you did an interesting and fun looking lot. :+1:

Me, too! Thanks! :heart_eyes:
    That is so awesome!

B)
    KATENESS wrote: »
    WOW! You can really tell you put a lot of hard work into this. It's amazing. Great job!! :o:o:o

And good luck with your goal to make over the whole town. I tried doing that once to make an Underground City, where you would mainly travel everywhere using the Llama and teleporting and stuff. I gave up when it came time to place all the lots. I got overwhelmed and bored, somehow at the same time. I hope your town turns out just as awesome as your Amusement Park. :D

Thank you. It was a fun one to build minus all the little things that either slowed me down (the coaster) and changed my idea (the clothing store). My favorite is the bakery. I admit I used a lot of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats in that area, though. Lol.

Oh. That sounds like fun! I've never made use for the llama. I'm usually a player that sticks to realism in game. I always delete the elixir shops and varg taverns, etc that appear in the town with a new game, but I think I'll be more open to these features for this world, so I put in an elixir shop for this build. I found out that using the drill from ambitions that sims can jump from hole to hole. How cool is that? Perhaps that's something I could do...
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    It's beautiful!

Thank you! I tried adding lots of greenery to make it stand out in certain places and had fun trying to create different looks for each building, but cheated a little using the rabbit hole and haunted house. :p I don't think it would look as cool without it and was actually considering other objects from buydebug to make it seem a little more rustic and industrial. Man, I love that look!

imdragonit wrote: »
    Fantastic, I <3 it!

Thank you! :star:
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    It is awesome. Reminds me of a combination of a couple of places in Denmark. A hybrid between Tivoli and Bakken, for whomever knowing anything about those places. -But yours looks much, much, much more awesome.
    -Must add a 'scratch-a-sniff' of popcorn to that, and put on an ambient background sound of merry people and screaming teens-in-rollercoaster-noise.
    :#
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @60smusicluvr, this lot looks so amazing and fun!! <3
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I LOVE IT!!!
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    It is awesome. Reminds me of a combination of a couple of places in Denmark. A hybrid between Tivoli and Bakken, for whomever knowing anything about those places. -But yours looks much, much, much more awesome.
    -Must add a 'scratch-a-sniff' of popcorn to that, and put on an ambient background sound of merry people and screaming teens-in-rollercoaster-noise.
    :#

Thanks!

Oh cool! I'll have to check that out. B) There is a popcorn machine on the lot. I believe it either came with World Of Wonder or The Boardwalk. It makes noises, when the camera gets close. I find it annoying. Lol. :D There are screams and other creepy noises that come from the haunted house, as well. I try to avoid that area. **shutters** :s
    jordand wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr, this lot looks so amazing and fun!! <3

Thank you. It's jammed packed with fun things for sims to do. :star:
    I LOVE IT!!!

Aww thanks! <3
    @60smusicluvr You are shameless :p And that is a good thing <3 .Really cute build and I demand to know how long this took you and how much hair you pulled out in the process.

Haha. You're so funny. :D:D:D I'm a shy person and usually don't like plugging my stuff and making things about me. No one even knows when it's my birthday. It's so bad. Haha. I had to break out of my shell for this one, though. >:) The exchange is slow, hardly anyone goes to the builders section anymore, and I worked really hard on this, darn it! I've been working on it for a couple weeks, but skipped a few days here and there for breaks, so I'm not entirely sure what the total number is. When I usually do a lot, it takes me a week or less to get it done, but because of the roller coaster pieces and the shops, this would be a little longer than usual. I managed not to pull any of my hair out, despite some of the setbacks I encountered along the way. Placing the roller coaster pieces together took me six or seven hours, I think. :s But I have pretty good patience. I've worked several hours a day just putting 1000 piece puzzles together. I really enjoy it. :)

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Wonderful! You're so very creative and make such interesting lots. <3
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I may look to download this once I get back to playing sims 3.

:mrgreen:
    suzses wrote: »
    Wonderful! You're so very creative and make such interesting lots. <3

Thank you, @suzses! I try my best. :blush:
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What an amazing lot! I always admire anyone who can figure out how to use the roller coaster pieces properly (I have never been able to), and the way you've done it is just so awesome! I love the whole steampunk theme. Definitely going to be using this one.

Why do you say the Builder's forum is dead? I didn't think that was true, but maybe you're right. It might have been busier when both Sims 3 and Sims 4 were mixed together.
    edited June 2017
    What an amazing lot! I always admire anyone who can figure out how to use the roller coaster pieces properly (I have never been able to), and the way you've done it is just so awesome! I love the whole steampunk theme. Definitely going to be using this one.

Why do you say the Builder's forum is dead? I didn't think that was true, but maybe you're right. It might have been busier when both Sims 3 and Sims 4 were mixed together.

Thanks! Those pieces were tough to use. It took me five or six hours to put the pieces together, but the result was worth it. I was trying to fit all the major pieces on the lot and I succeeded, barely. Those pieces have to face the same direction or the coaster won't work. Unfortunately, I had to skip using the supports to connect the whole thing together. It might have looked more lifelike and industrial had I been able to fit them.

You might want to take a look over here , if you haven't already for some really cool roller coaster lots.

Well, I may be exaggerating a little. I've lurked on the round robin, for example. ;) I have checked out other showcases lots of times and I have a thread there myself, but it's not as active as right here or the way it used to be. :( I've noticed that other showcases get a lot more activity than mine ever does, in terms of likes and posts. I think that might be because people might have bookmarked those threads and don't check the forum so much for updates, but that's just a guess. *shrugs*
    Ha! I knew they'd move this thread. :D
  • EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    wow! Amazing!
  • SylirabSylirab Posts: 16 Member
    Impressive ! O_O
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    That's amazing! there is so many interesting things in every picture, I'm not even sure where to look. Yet it feels so put together.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    I love these colors, details and atmosphere! Fourth pic is my favorite. :)
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    that looks amazing! What SP/EP do you need for that?
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content