Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin deleted my EP!

lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I'm very confused as to why this happened, since all of my EPs are official (all disc copies purchased brand-new, not used, years ago, except for ITF and Pets, which were purchased through Origin).

Origin updated this morning, and I thought nothing of it until I booted up: I had the base game loading screen instead of the ITF one, so I logged out and checked my EPs~ all were there and selected, except for Showtime, which has apparently been culled from my account.

I have been playing these EPs for many years: I bought the limited edition version of Showtime back in 2011; it still shows as registered to my account on the Sims 3 site, and I am not repurchasing it.

More than half my saves are now unplayable as they included content from that EP. What caused this, and how do I fix it?

ETA: I went back and looked again~ Showtime is there in my list of EPs and is checked, but the game doesn't recognize that it's there.
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and rebooting your computer.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    It seems to be working now after Windows updated~ weird, but I suppose it only matters that it works. And @igazor you're absolutely right: Origin is definitely unstable and I liked it better when I didn't need it to play my games.

No way to undo patch 1.69 either, I suppose?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

It seems to be working now after Windows updated~ weird, but I suppose it only matters that it works. And @igazor you're absolutely right: Origin is definitely unstable and I liked it better when I didn't need it to play my games.

No way to undo patch 1.69 either, I suppose?

From your post Im guessing you have the original base game issued before 2012? If you do have the original base game disc and you play all disc including ep discs you can play on the 1.67 patch and avoid origin
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Thanks @phoebebebe13 ~ I'd have to repurchase ITF and Pets, but it might be worth it if I can avoid Origin that way.

• RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    I would get an hearth attack if that happend to me! I just installed Windows on my Mac so I could play The Sims 3 more smoothly and I didn't knew that the expansion pack manager was a thing so when I booted up my game, I could only play with the base game. I sincerely hope that you find a solution very quick! Have you tried to contact someone of EA on the EA support page? I remember that they fixed an issue that I had with one of my Sims 3 product codes
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yep they took away both of my Sims 3 Medieval packs and because they were digital I don't have the code as Origin keeps telling me I need to reinstall them even though all the play I had on them is still on my pc and was while using Origin. So I am just out the cost of those two packs and not a thing has been done about it. Does not really pay to buy digital if this is how we get treated. You are left with no code or anything but the game on your pc you can no longer play. At least I bought all my regular Sims 3 in the physical packages. I lost mine back in a May up date for Origin. Now I am super worried about all my Sims 4 as it is all digital.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Yep they took away both of my Sims 3 Medieval packs and because they were digital I don't have the code as Origin keeps telling me I need to reinstall them even though all the play I had on them is still on my pc and was while using Origin. So I am just out the cost of those two packs and not a thing has been done about it. Does not really pay to buy digital if this is how we get treated. You are left with no code or anything but the game on your pc you can no longer play. At least I bought all my regular Sims 3 in the physical packages. I lost mine back in a May up date for Origin. Now I am super worried about all my Sims 4 as it is all digital.
    RDaan wrote: »
    I would get an hearth attack if that happend to me! I just installed Windows on my Mac so I could play The Sims 3 more smoothly and I didn't knew that the expansion pack manager was a thing so when I booted up my game, I could only play with the base game. I sincerely hope that you find a solution very quick! Have you tried to contact someone of EA on the EA support page? I remember that they fixed an issue that I had with one of my Sims 3 product codes

I did all of that - and got no where. Posted over on Origin as well and all they tell you is reinstall them. I can't reinstall something I can't find the codes of. Once I put them in I used the code I had and I get told that code was already used. Which it was - I used it. I think the issue is because they now have the delux version with both packs in the one pack and I tried to see if it would give me that instead but no it says I have to pay all over again for that one. I purchased mine when they were in two packs before that combined pack came out. I am not paying twice for them. I just gave up finally as I tried everything. I have no issues with any of their On the house games or any of my Sim 2, 3, and 4 - at least so far - but that royally peeves me about the Sims 3 medieval. My nephew likes to play it when he visits and is in fact how I found out it was gone when he came over for Mothers Day with my in-laws and it wouldn't work when I tried to click the button. It is not even showing in my library and it was one of my favored games as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I did all of that - and got no where. Posted over on Origin as well and all they tell you is reinstall them. I can't reinstall something I can't find the codes of. Once I put them in I used the code I had and I get told that code was already used. Which it was - I used it. I think the issue is because they now have the delux version with both packs in the one pack and I tried to see if it would give me that instead but no it says I have to pay all over again for that one. I purchased mine when they were in two packs before that combined pack came out. I am not paying twice for them. I just gave up finally as I tried everything. I have no issues with any of their On the house games or any of my Sim 2, 3, and 4 - at least so far - but that royally peeves me about the Sims 3 medieval. My nephew likes to play it when he visits and is in fact how I found out it was gone when he came over for Mothers Day with my in-laws and it wouldn't work when I tried to click the button. It is not even showing in my library and it was one of my favored games as well.

Have you tried checking the Medieval section to see if any have come up with a solution? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-medieval-general-discussion-
    edited June 2017
    Yes, I actually went there first -people who do have issues there all have disk versions and it's a windows issue they seem to have - My issue is not with Windows. I was playing it fine all this time up until the May update,and after the update the game was removed from my library. I did not remove it, the update did.

- I never had disks - from the start I had digital. So no one there has my issue but others on Origin did. A few anyway but theirs apparently was not solved. A couple even rebought it. Well I won't rebuy it- That's for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Yes, I actually went there first -people who do have issues there all have disk versions and it's a windows issue they seem to have - My issue is not with Windows. I was playing it fine all this time up until the May update,and after the update the game was removed from my library. I did not remove it, the update did.

- I never had disks - from the start I had digital. So no one there has my issue but others on Origin did. A few anyway but theirs apparently was not solved. A couple even rebought it. Well I won't rebuy it- That's for sure.

That's a bummer. What I would do if look for sales on the disc. Buy it that way. This way you have proof of purchase. Register the disc on origin and use the download since windows 8 and 10 cant use the disc. This is if you ever want to replace it.
  • KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    edited June 2017
    Just to note, there seems to be some weird TOS Violation stuff (Bug?) going on. All my Sims 3 collection is legitimate (Digital Download version via Origin), made sure first of all, and a day or so ago noticed Seasons expansion was marked as not accessible, which I certainly have played with on my Mac. I have contacted support already, as Origin is saying the rest of my Sims 3 stuff and Expansions are installed yet Sim Launcher only has Fast Lane Stuff. I certainly am not going to re-buy what I've already bought, and secondly I don't have the money to do such a thing.
    Make sure they are turned on in your library as they have Sims 3 set up now to let you choose what packs you want to play with by check marking those.

In dreams - I LIVE!

KARRKITT wrote: »
    Just to note, there seems to be some weird TOS Violation stuff (Bug?) going on. All my Sims 3 collection is legitimate (Digital Download version via Origin), made sure first of all, and a day or so ago noticed Seasons expansion was marked as not accessible, which I certainly have played with on my Mac. I have contacted support already, as Origin is saying the rest of my Sims 3 stuff and Expansions are installed yet Sim Launcher only has Fast Lane Stuff. I certainly am not going to re-buy what I've already bought, and secondly I don't have the money to do such a thing.

EA is blocking any codes that were acquired from an unauthorized source such as Ebay. Allot of people are loosing their eps for this reason. If you have gotten this notice and bought seasons directly off of origin , do you still have your receipt? You need to contact EA directly regarding the matter to fix your account