Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you type without looking?

I've probably been typing since I popped out the womb. Plus, my keyboard key's worn off, so I sort of have to lol
8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Nope, I can't. I'm kinda okay without looking but I tend to have to backspace more often. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Nope, I can't. I'm kinda okay without looking but I tend to have to backspace more often. :D

One day you'll get used to it! :)
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
    DeKay wrote: »

One day you'll get used to it! :)

Dude, I've been typing and spending all my hours online when I'm awake for 7 years and I still stink. :confounded:
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    u cab tyoe wutgiyt kiijubf.

I Tried to type "I Can type without looking".
    I Guess i can't XP
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    I can type without ;ooinh.

^^ My attempt. XD I accidentally moved my right hand to the right. :\ Man, I really should go to typing school or something cuz I literally do not use those small bumps on the F and J key. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    i've gotten pretty good at it over the years~ i only looked at the keyboard once while typing this sentence :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Pr6#dm drr? [Ptonsn;u mpy/ O ;ole Heem Dy jouhj//,. yjos os s[e;y hjprron;y epmh?

Welp... That was supposed to say smth along the lines of "Probably not? I like Green Day though. I definitely missed a t there." (in my sentence.)
    I will persevere! Gimmie a sec...

A new dat is dawning, [aeadise burning, we l;ive in troubled times.

So close! (a new day is dawning, paradise burning, we live in troubled times. - mismatched lyrics to a Green Day song, incredibly wrong but I only listened to it first yesterday so I'm excused if I don't know the lyrics quite right.)
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    i can type on my phone without looking. i guess i'm just good with my hands :P
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Yes. I was taught that way on a typewriter and had to do speed wpm exams. I always have to look for the numbers on the top row though on my laptop. I find texting on phones infuriating!
  • SPONGEBOB2772SPONGEBOB2772 Posts: 10 New Member
    Yep! After about 11 years of using a laptop or a computer for almost every day, may it be writing stories or just uploading statuses I have been able to master where most of the alphabet is on a keyboard, It's a little different for numbers, those I have to look at especially if its using the number pad but the alphabet, shift keys, caps lock and like full stops, apostrophes and such is easy to type without looking.

I agree with @Mchap353 too though. Texting on phones can be quite troubling, especially if you use a large phone and get used to the keyboard and then move to a more smaller phone with a tiny screen and you find yourself struggling to type with the smaller keys... I myself like the phones that have a mini keyboard on the actual phone and not on the touch screen! Like the old blackberry models.
    @SPONGEBOB2772 When you mentioned me you got a "Namedropper" badge according to the Activity page.
  • SPONGEBOB2772SPONGEBOB2772 Posts: 10 New Member
    @Mchap353 Yeah, I had no idea that would happen! :D Quite surprised
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, I can. I'm at a mid-range/"fluent" speed but I could stand to get faster. I'm like 98% accurate without looking though and sometimes pretty fast.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    Yes, I'm very good at typing without looking down at the keyboard and am really fast too (like 100 words per minute).
    guts i think i got it!

Oh wow (i meant guys not guts but still wow)
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I can type without looking!!!

Woohoo, that was easy. :p
    Kendrana wrote: »
    Yes, I'm very good at typing without looking down at the keyboard and am really fast too (like 100 words per minute).

@Kendrana Wow! I only got to 65wpm on my old school typewriter. I didn't need it but found the skill very useful in my job later and it never leaves you.
  • SimplyAimlessSimplyAimless Posts: 12 New Member
    I can type without looking but I make minor mistakes. I'm able to fix those mistakes easily by just backspacing and selecting the next key over. I type fastest when I randomly look down at my keyboard every few words. Not all keyboards are made the same and sometimes that can throw me off until I get comfortable. When I was comfortable using a keyboard for a desktop computer that had taller keys I tried to use my laptop(which I didn't use often at that time) and it was a big difference.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I look down every now and then, mainly because I ALWAYS FORGET WHAT I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF TYPING, and it gives me a second to think! xD

Like @SimplyAimless it took me a while to get used to my laptop, since I've been using deep-keyed desktop keyboards for god knows how long. Either way, I've been using computers since I can remember, so I'm very good at typing! xD
  • BorntorunBorntorun Posts: 76 Member
    I can type without looking! (Haha just attempted with my eyes shut!
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Easier said than done, after all I do this all the time in game which require me on edge.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    yup
    (post body count too short)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    I'm gonna do it again (its fun i don't know why XD)

i hae gained the ability to type without lookig.

Huh.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Depends on the keyboard... If it's not my own then I have trouble.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Ivan hype without looking with no problem oh mybolcokpiter. Here's me typing without looking on my phone.

(Translation of first sentence: I can type without looking with no problem on my computer. Somehow the second sentence came out flawless.)
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec