Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would be nice if they could make an expansion pack called the stream of time in sims4

friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
hello to all it would be nice if in the sims4 they could make an expansion pack called the stream of time where we could send or sims back in time like for exemple to the pass where or sims could meet there ancestors from the medival era castle to the renaissance era 1700 era to start of 2000 where then to meet there future decendents 2000 and higher would have to travel to the future they would also have to add to the family tree great great grandma great great grandpa ect and the sims by traveling back in time could use as a school project (parenthood gp) the chance to build there family tree for there kids by retracing while traveling in time not only there ancestor but the very first founder of there family feel free to give your toughs on this (*take note that this title is base from an anime that i am watching on you tube called romance of the three kingdoms but in the song words it was mention the stream of time hence the tough for this title) all ideas welcome
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    Time travel is a theme I hope we don't see repeated in the main franchise again.
  • Options
    @Simanite if you read my post if the sims decides to travel back in time it would be to try and retrace there family ancestry and meet there decendents from the pass or there relitves from the future kind of like into the future but would be able to travel to the pass as well as the future
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    If movies have taught me anything it is that trying to mess with one's ancestors or descendants will result in a series of catastrophic space-time altering events accompanied by music by Huey Lewis and The News and an 1880's folk-band version of ZZ Top. Best to let things lie.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'd rather they did vintage living and futuristic living SPs or even GP so they can add a bunch of new gameplay but not an EP.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Have to say I'm not particularly interested in an EP like you're describing but do you have TS3 and Into The Future? With that EP you can travel forward and meet your descendants. And also it's not exactly what you're describing but you can play medieval era sims in The Sims Medieval too. :)
  • Options
    @Simanite if you read my post if the sims decides to travel back in time it would be to try and retrace there family ancestry and meet there decendents from the pass or there relitves from the future kind of like into the future but would be able to travel to the pass as well as the future

I've read it, it's just not something I'm interested in.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    That sounds REALLY complicated. Time travel to different eras? Doesn't sound fun , but thats just me. I have never been into the ultra futuristic thing and Im definitely not interested in the year 1300.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2017
    Here's the problem with Time Travel as an expansion:

Try playing Sims 3 with all packs installed, and you'll quickly notice something. The moment you're playing Into The Future, it means you have access to NONE of the other expansion packs. The moment you travel forward in time, it basically means that Pets, Late Night, Ambitions, World Adventures, Showtime, Supernatural, Island Paradise, etc etc etc are all put on pause and not doing much to influence gameplay. Heck, even basegame content disappeared once you traveled to the future. The concept of time travel is too invasive and automatically competes with other packs while fundamentally changing how the game is played.

If I give you a choice between playing multiple expansion packs that can easily co-exist, or one that fundamentally changes the way the game is played while downplaying all other pack content heavily, then you'll of course choose to play the multiple expansion packs. Time travel, as such, just seems like a flawed and rather unpopular EP idea. I don't think Into the Future had great reception, and I'd expect the same from other EPs related to time travel.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Although I like "historical" style game play, I'd rather have it through other ways than time travel. For instance, a world that looked like ancient Egypt as well as clothing, food, and objects to match would be fun to me. Not in every game, but now and then. However, having my sims travel to the past or future is more limiting as @DeservedCriticism pointed out. I actually did not enjoy the into the future pack and I never used it beyond the first install. I regretted buying that one but I wanted all the expansions.

They could also have a "future stuff" pack with more sci fi looking items too. This way at least it's more of a sandbox and you could use your imagination rather than being forced into limited time travel game play. But that's just my thoughts on it.

Anyway, you're entitled to wish for what you wish for!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    It sounds cool, but it sounds like it could be a lot of work, especially for a niche theme. (Not a lot of people liked the time travel Into the Future stuff, from what I have witnessed.)

I this it could be a cool pack after the main Sim staples are established. (Pets, Seasons, Generations, University/school, maybe more Supernaturals, vacations, etc.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    im okay with time travels but enough of this futuristic stuff.
    for me sims 3 into the future was a disaster, and tbh traveling to the past is always more fun. something like sims 3 world adventures would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm a realistic player trying to come to terms with multiple supernatural packs... time travel is the last thing I want to see
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    A few years back when TS2 was the shiny new toy, I often thought about being able to have my sims travel back in time. Fast forward to ITF pre-release. I was over the moon excited for the idea of sims being able to time travel to the future. It was like a dream come true for me. I know not many people are huge fans of ITF but I loved it. I guess maybe because I'm really into the futuristic world theme so it was a nice last minute touch before the end of the series. But I don't think that theme would fit all too well for TS4. In fact ,even if we don't get anything futuristic for this iteration of the game, I'd be okay with that. Same thing with past stuff. I felt like Vintage Glamour was like a nod towards the idea of having some old 20-50s inspired assets. Not saying it was but it just had that Gatsby vibe too it (Which I love) but actually traveling backwards in time sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't think it will fit in with this game. The concept is to broad to be done well with one pack. Even if we were just going to limited but numerous time frame instances that are predetermined it would be a massive undertaking to produce themes, game play objects, mannerisms, dress and hair possibilities, and the little worlds (even if very little) necessary to house them.
    Now all that said I do like the idea very much and if it came out in another game as the theme of it I'd definitely give it a look see. If they do one pack like this with one time frame to visit I'd not be so worried about it and because I enjoy this game I would try it. I didn't play the Into the Future pack so I'm not giving an opinion on that by the way... although as an offshoot a dystopian future sounds really fun to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Well let me make my post a bit more clear

time travel to the pass sims research if they are decended from kings or the nobilaty 1 possabilaty 2 in the term of supernaturals for those that like those from there ancestry are sims predetermine to be vampires werewolves witches or warlocks (darkside of magic) sorceress or wizards(light magic good side) ect the list is long so posted a partial list

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With all the worlds being connected, I wouldn't want to travel back in time and run into the Pancakes walking around the town. Plus one new world of a different time would require remaking everything to fit that time period which would be bigger than an EP could probably handle. Also, you would want at least two different times to go to, past and future so that alone doubles the amount of stuff to remake. This idea really isn't very plausible, IMO.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    im okay with time travels but enough of this futuristic stuff.
    for me sims 3 into the future was a disaster, and tbh traveling to the past is always more fun. something like sims 3 world adventures would be much appreciated.

I loved both ITF and World Adventures! :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I would rather they go with the basics and add in landlines newspapers and older tech so you could play Sims through Generations and feel the world is a little different with each adding in a option to turnoff/remove cell phones. Time Travel is not something I care to ever see I prefer realism another reason I'm not happy with the flaming treadmill rock wall that is coming.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I would rather they go with the basics and add in landlines newspapers and older tech so you could play Sims through Generations and feel the world is a little different with each adding in a option to turnoff/remove cell phones. Time Travel is not something I care to ever see I prefer realism another reason I'm not happy with the flaming treadmill rock wall that is coming.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Here's the problem with Time Travel as an expansion:

Try playing Sims 3 with all packs installed, and you'll quickly notice something. The moment you're playing Into The Future, it means you have access to NONE of the other expansion packs. The moment you travel forward in time, it basically means that Pets, Late Night, Ambitions, World Adventures, Showtime, Supernatural, Island Paradise, etc etc etc are all put on pause and not doing much to influence gameplay. Heck, even basegame content disappeared once you traveled to the future. The concept of time travel is too invasive and automatically competes with other packs while fundamentally changing how the game is played.

If I give you a choice between playing multiple expansion packs that can easily co-exist, or one that fundamentally changes the way the game is played while downplaying all other pack content heavily, then you'll of course choose to play the multiple expansion packs. Time travel, as such, just seems like a flawed and rather unpopular EP idea. I don't think Into the Future had great reception, and I'd expect the same from other EPs related to time travel.

I agree, but into the future was one of my favorite packs for the plum bots and futuristic tech.

Although sims 4 worlds work differently so it might be better.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I like the thought of altering time lines. A decision to not allow phones or certain inventions affects their use in the present game. The complexity in game programming to allow this type of gameplay would have to wait until the end of the Sims 4 franchise. All of the packs then can have a turn on/off option and the players willing to use the function can decide how they play.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want a pack that includes various eras from history. I want it to include a world that is isolated, and can only be accessed via a time portal, and isn't visited by sims without you being actively in control of them.

It could include a new present world, which is reused through the portal as the world for other eras. Depending on what era you travel to, the building style would change. A world a bit bigger than forgotten hollow, perhaps with two neighbourhoods, one being a village with a castle on a hill overlooking it, and the other being a few small lots scattered in the woods. Or at least, it starts out as woods in the earlier eras, but in later eras, there's more cleared land.

Given that the game does little to tie sims together, I don't see visiting your ancestors as being likely.

I want it as an ep, which for those who don't want to travel through the portal, it becomes just a really big stuff pack, containing all the stuff and clothes from the past.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I want a pack that includes various eras from history. I want it to include a world that is isolated, and can only be accessed via a time portal, and isn't visited by sims without you being actively in control of them.

It could include a new present world, which is reused through the portal as the world for other eras. Depending on what era you travel to, the building style would change. A world a bit bigger than forgotten hollow, perhaps with two neighbourhoods, one being a village with a castle on a hill overlooking it, and the other being a few small lots scattered in the woods. Or at least, it starts out as woods in the earlier eras, but in later eras, there's more cleared land.

Given that the game does little to tie sims together, I don't see visiting your ancestors as being likely.

I want it as an ep, which for those who don't want to travel through the portal, it becomes just a really big stuff pack, containing all the stuff and clothes from the past.

I'd love this idea too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    no iw ouldnt want this in my game if it were in my game i wouldnt allow my sims to go use it the game is perfect right now how it is

:D :D :D
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I've never been in to time travel concepts about anything since time is how we count and divide up the present and past events and doesn't actually occupy a physical place to visit. Even the past doesn't really exist and is a story we mostly construct.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World