Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What don't you like about toddlers?

Comments

• Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    Me and my dad both equally do not like toddlers, for much of the same reasons! I will post here as a comment what I said to him after toddlers were released "Well, I am getting my vampires, so they can get their toddlers. It is fair, after all"
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Brody9962 wrote: »
    I am working on an article, and well, Just for research purposes but what I am looking for is reasons you hate the toddlers...even if you don't hate the toddlers in The Sims, then I am sure there is something you don't like about them. So let me know :) What is it you don't like about the toddlers?

Edited: To add to this: The article is NOT a hate piece on toddlers by any means whatsoever, My article will be titled "Why I hate toddlers in The Sims 4" Not "why are they a bad idea" I am interested in seeing how many people are similar to me and either hate them OR has something about them they do hate, I am also interested in hearing from you if you don't hate anything else about them. Chances are, your comments, your thoughts and your opinions will not be placed in the article unless they are literally the same as mine and for this reason, My thoughts are in the comments below My apologies if this post and the fact I am writing an article was misunderstood

The only thing I don't really like about Toddlers is how long it takes them to do certain interactions and how long it takes some of the Sims to interact with them. Don't have stairs in the house! Ultimately though I think the Toddlers in #TS4 are so realistic and they did an amazing job because the Toddlers in the game get in your nerves like I think real Toddlers would! I can't wait to see how realistic Pets are gonna be!
    71rbpi.png
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    - Not enough hairs and clothing

- they are far too whiny. i hate them waking up at night just to pester other sims

- there isn't much you can "do" with sims that young, other than teach them skills.

Overall, they are just okay for me.

I will find them more fun, once they are developed more and get new gameplay objects.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    For me its pretty much the same reason I'm not very fond of them in RL, they're needy! My sims can't get anything done with a toddler because they have to spend all their time teaching and feeding them.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    One thing I disliked about toddlers was all the posts complaining about us complaining about the lack of toddlers.

tumblr_mqa27d7d1g1s7pipjo1_500.gif
    @Simanite I never wanted toddlers, BUT I was one of those who would tell other people to shut up. That everyone is allowed to complain about what they want..or don't want for that matter. I was the party who didn;t want them, but it wouldn't be a make it or break it deal for me. As I told others "It'd be nice to have a feature to turn it off, BUT all I gotta do is bake a cake, add birthday candles, help the kid blow em out...ta-da! No more toddler" in my experience, people really wanna be lazy, and instead of finding ways of getting what they want, they will complain. It's not fair, I wanted vampires, and if you were the one who didn't want vampires, I would want the same respect you'd expect from me, to leave you to your desires and complaints.
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Mainly just three things:

They hardly ever get a full night's rest when they're first aged up and have low Thinking skill. It is one of the most annoying things ever that they are fully mobile, and capable of walking upstairs in the middle of the night to wake up every non-toddler in the house just because they had a nightmare. One sim should be enough. Drives me insane when I just want my breadwinners to get enough sleep for work the next day.

When a toddler is starving, and I put it in the high chair, I expect it to EAT. I don't want to get it taken away, and yet the game thinks this is the perfect time for the toddler to just keep pushing the food onto the floor, making a mess and leaving the toddler hungry.

The constant autonomous need for caregiver sims to "Check Toddler" wouldn't be so bad, if they actually had some sense as to what the toddler needed. Half the time they just want to potty train the toddler, even though it just went to the bathroom. What good is autonomous parenting if they get it wrong half the time? I get it, the toddler can't talk yet and real parenting is hard, but really?
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sim2Spore wrote: »

They hardly ever get a full night's rest when they're first aged up and have low Thinking skill. It is one of the most annoying things ever that they are fully mobile, and capable of walking upstairs in the middle of the night to wake up every non-toddler in the house just because they had a nightmare. One sim should be enough. Drives me insane when I just want my breadwinners to get enough sleep for work the next day.

When a toddler is starving, and I put it in the high chair, I expect it to EAT. I don't want to get it taken away, and yet the game thinks this is the perfect time for the toddler to just keep pushing the food onto the floor, making a mess and leaving the toddler hungry.

The constant autonomous need for caregiver sims to "Check Toddler" wouldn't be so bad, if they actually had some sense as to what the toddler needed. Half the time they just want to potty train the toddler, even though it just went to the bathroom. What good is autonomous parenting if they get it wrong half the time? I get it, the toddler can't talk yet and real parenting is hard, but really?

Oh! there's actually a mod to help you out with that if your interested in using it. "Less Checking up on toddler", I think it's just another annoying anonymous. I think that was on the list for Deaderpool to add it to the MC(unless it's already in there, I'll have to check). Hope that helps :smiley: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    They don't fight enough - not enough toddler fists flying towards toddler faces;

They don't kick their potties over when angry;

They don't fetch their potty to show their parents what they did;

They are not cunning - they don't sneakily do things, like change channels on the TV/stereo with the remote control;

Toddlers simply don't have mischief - they can be naughty, but they lack mischief - they lack cunning mischief;

A toddler playing in a toilet cannot be pushed into the toilet by another toddler;

A toddler on a potty cannot be pushed off by another toddler;

Toddlers can't suddenly decide "Why use the potty, when I can just use the floor?"

Toddlers don't appear to attempt to climb things - toddlers should be like little chimps;

NO DAYCARE CAREER ADDED WITH TODDLERS - THIS DEVASTATED THE SIMMING WORLD!

I could go on for hours.

They don't throw toys in the toilet and block it.

They don't hide from family members, and have them run all over the house looking for them

I don't think I've even seen them snatch a toy of someone
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I love the toddlers, did in sims 2 3 and 4, they just get better. like others have said I wish they had come with the base game.

I can't understand how anyone can have enough dislike for toddlers in a game to write an article. who is this article for??
    surely there is enough negativity in the real world to write about.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »

@Sim2Spore

I don't even use the high chair anymore. What I usually do, is pull out food from the fridge, place on the counter and have my toddler grab a serving. She (my avi Cree) always takes her food to the same chair in the same spot and eats. If she happens to be upstairs and is ravenous (usually in the morning), I'll have her mom or dad grab some food and bring it to her.
    edited June 2017
    I love the toddlers, did in sims 2 3 and 4, they just get better. like others have said I wish they had come with the base game.

I can't understand how anyone can have enough dislike for toddlers in a game to write an article. who is this article for??
    surely there is enough negativity in the real world to write about.

The article is for a company called DVS Gaming, which is a gaming company, and we pride ourselves on neutral standpoints, as it is called an editorial, which is really a blog post glorified by the name of editorial, then it would be like writing a blog on my own personal blog about why I hate toddlers. Your right, there is enough negativitiy in the real world to write about, but seeing as this is going on a gaming website, then the negativity is not going to be about the stuff in the real world. It was actually reccomended by someone who knows I hate toddlers in The Sims that I write this article. Because they always see so much positivity, nothing wrong with an article on something as negative as hating the toddlers in the sims, especially when I also write positive articles such as this one:

https://dvsgaming.org/why-i-love-the-sims/

Blogs/editorials do not always have to some positivity to them and may also show a negative side to things, whether it be in the real world or the game world.
  • Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    Clothing and hair styles are so limited. I feel like I literally make the same toddler all the time.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    The only thing I don't like is the lack of hair and clothing for them. I don't like toddlers in RL but I like sim ones lol.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    theyre buggy and the check toddler interaction is broken
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    Everyone keeps touching them. The toddlers are bratty and they probably had the constant checking to make sure toddler needs are being met because it's not like it would be hard for them to be taken away. But god it's annoying when you have more than 1 adult in the house.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    What I dislike about Sims 4 toddlers is how the adults are tuned to go "check on toddler" even when they don't need to be checked on. Doing so makes the adult override what I had in que for them and disrupts what care I had qued for the toddler.

When an adult/parent asks a toddler to do something, for example use the potty, and the toddler yells, refusing. The adult gets a tense mood and the toddler may get an angry mood, but both adult and toddler do the action together anyway. What was the point if you're going to do it anyway??

This one is personal because I know alot of people love this version of toddlers. I personally don't like how independent these toddlers are. They age up as older toddlers so they already know how to walk. They can feed themselves as long as food is out and they teach themselves most skills passively. These toddlers don't really need you to help them grow. The option is there, but it's not necessary.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    They are high-maintenance and time-consuming to look after.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I hate how useless the free daycare is. Toddlers always come home nearly miserable because of the way the needs are managed.
  • SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I wish they didn't make messes in their highchair as often, but I usually get around that by putting out plates of food for them and having them feed themselves. I also wish that when you were off the lot/they're at the free daycare, you could direct them to work on a skill like you can with older sims.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    they are never happy, won't stay in bed, won't eat even when they are starving, and they are always interrupting my other sim's activities.
    i only keep them for around 3 days (i play normal lifespan) and i lock them in a room and just drag food to them when they are hungry.

but i don't want them removed or anything like that, i know many people like them so i'm glad people got what they wanted and it's no trouble for me to just bake a cake.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    1.) It feels like to me they are constantly having nightmares. I use that night light for keeping the 'child stage' monster under the bed hoping it'd help but doesn't lol. It means less sleep and taking longer to be fully rested...

2.) Feels like they get tired twice as fast as older sims. Though, I can understand it, as it's realistic but still, annoying to me cause I'm trying to lvl up it's special skills lol.

But enough about dislikes; I have to say I LOVE how they can eat regular food and don't need the toddler-type food and be in a high chair; just makes things for me so much easier.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    actually i don't think theres anything i hate about them. I just hate it took so long to get them in the game for family players, I have to say the toddlers in this game were done very well.
    giphy.gif

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2017
    It took us so long to get toddlers. I never want them taken away ever again (especially if just because some simmers dislike them)! :smile:

Also: Toddlers needs more CAS items and gameplay items in general for sure! :smile:

ETA: High chair is buggy, too.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Their parents ... are usually boring, lol. ;D (But they're stuck in TS4 with boring adults. :x)

The only negative TS4 toddler thing for me is that they are fairly samey to each other, and they definitely all poo the same, though I might notice more because I have time slowed down to 30% of vanilla. At least that sameyness is not emotion based. Though the toilet action is fully canned, which isn't any better, but it probably is supposed to go by MUCH more quickly and thus not be worse than any other animation (oh yeah, what isn't basically/excusably canned?). Even that is still super cute and they sing a nursery rhyme. :love:

When they're difficult I actually love them more, the opposite of real tots. They're fake and not mine, yay. :dizzy: Easy angels are boring and unrealistic.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top