Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Customers won't stay seated!

Comments

• Options
    elumaeelumae Posts: 171 Member
    Also happening to me and it is incredibly frustrating. Restaurants are a huge part of my simming experience. Promotions, great report cards, pregnancy announcements, engagements, etc. are all things I usually have my sims celebrate at restaurants. I even pared down all my commercial lots to one each (one library, one gym, one bar...) because I have so many restaurant lots. But I had to strip everything decorative and interactive from restaurants completely or they became a madhouse. Even then, I STILL had to cancel my sim's action to get up and interact with anyone and everyone on the lot about fifteen times before I finally gave up, paid the bill, and sent her home. And this was after her food arrived - which she should have been eating instead of trying to repeatedly get up and do anything other than dine. :/
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Neia wrote: »
    @SimGuruNick
    Have you been able to reproduce it ? Are you still looking for lots that are showing the issue ? :)

Yep, I was indeed able to reproduce lots of issues with customers not staying seating ever since the May 25th patch.
    Before that patch, restaurant customers would come in, order, stay seated, eat and only get up when they're ready to leave. Now they get up after ordering to dance (if a stereo is on), go jogging (if they have the Active trait) socialize with other Sims eating, rummage through the trash, view artwork, and all sorts of other random crazy stuff.

So yeah we don't need any additional info on this for the time being, and we have an active report on it :)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @SimGuruNick
    Have you been able to reproduce it ? Are you still looking for lots that are showing the issue ? :)

Yep, I was indeed able to reproduce lots of issues with customers not staying seating ever since the May 25th patch.
    Before that patch, restaurant customers would come in, order, stay seated, eat and only get up when they're ready to leave. Now they get up after ordering to dance (if a stereo is on), go jogging (if they have the Active trait) socialize with other Sims eating, rummage through the trash, view artwork, and all sorts of other random crazy stuff.

So yeah we don't need any additional info on this for the time being, and we have an active report on it :)

Thanks for the info, that's good news!
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @SimGuruNick

Thanks for checking this out!
  • Options
    elumaeelumae Posts: 171 Member

@SimGuruNick

Adding my thanks! :)
  • Options
    liblady76liblady76 Posts: 5 New Member
    This thread makes me laugh :D I thought they all had ADD!
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I made a restaurant that had an upstairs "apartment" for aesthetic purposes, but when I had my sims visit, they kept going up there to watch tv instead of staying at their table. :| I blocked the doors with tables, but they'd still try to go up there, so I ended up deleting everything that would draw them away from their seats and that finally got them to behave. It was such a pain.

Did you set the door lock to 'allow so and so only?" you have to do that if you want to live above a restaurant or business. Yes, TVs and Radios are distractions while they wait for food. I have found my restaurants either NPC or my Sim's owned ones, work better if I put a sofa or bench out near the podium so they can sit and chat while they wait for a table. Also, those in clubs who are set to meet at restaurants never really eat, but stand around and talk and interrupt others. I would cancel those clubs and not have any of them in the game because when you see them out they never sit to order or eat. They just stand around in the way yaking.
    @Cinebar This is a late reply, but no, I couldn't lock the doors because none of my sims owned the restaurant (and I believe sims can't lock doors they don't 'own' unless I'm misremembering). I made the upstairs purely for the backstory of the restaurant.
  • Options
    VioploljimVioploljim Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! So I already have the sims 3. The thing is, I would looooove to have the sims 4 and I know I have to buy the "get to work" pack but I don't know if I can create a restaurant with it (like build it and take care of it) or if I need to buy the "dine out" pack too...
    HELP REQUIRED
    Also, what stuff pack do you recommand ?
    Thank youuuuuu :)
  • Options
    Vioploljim wrote: »
    Hey! So I already have the sims 3. The thing is, I would looooove to have the sims 4 and I know I have to buy the "get to work" pack but I don't know if I can create a restaurant with it (like build it and take care of it) or if I need to buy the "dine out" pack too...
    HELP REQUIRED
    Also, what stuff pack do you recommand ?
    Thank youuuuuu :)

You only need dine out to build and run a restaurant.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Any news on this issue being fixed?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am still having this problem so I would say "No, it has not been fixed". :'(
  • Options
    Maybe keep an eye out in the next patch, which I would expect to be released before the Toddler SP is released.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    When I first bought Dinning OUT it became my favorite EP because in Sims 3 the Sims never sat at the table together and talked which they did in Sims 4. I think when they started introducing new patches and other EP, SP. it seem to have altered this in the game. I posted the bug on this site in the bug section and one of the grus responded I forget what they said but the problem has not been fixed as of this date. Others may have complained but they don't 'do anything about it, all they do is concentrate on making new things for us but they don't fix the things that are wrong with the game or broken. Not buying any more packs until this is addressed I don't care how many sales they give what fun is if your game is broken.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    I am still having this problem so I would say "No, it has not been fixed". :'(

Aww man! D: Speaking of problems, I recently had an interesting incident after I installed the Parenting pack...well let's just say that Alexander Goth thought it would be hilarious to grab some flour and chocolate syrup from the kitchen and make a mess in the dining room of Chez Llama, then while I had my eyes off my own child sim, she decided to go outside of the restaurant and make a mess on the pavement....Hoping thisget's fixed soon. :neutral:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    @SimGuruNick

You didn't mention "singing." The "singing" is unbearable. If I do manage to get all my Sims seated together, chatting is impossible because they keep bursting in to song. Or "Serenading," which was initially cute, but is now just annoying.
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    @SimGuruNick

You didn't mention "singing." The "singing" is unbearable. If I do manage to get all my Sims seated together, chatting is impossible because they keep bursting in to song. Or "Serenading," which was initially cute, but is now just annoying.

I just double checked and the excessive singing is indeed specifically mentioned in our bug report. Thanks much! :)
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    just double checked and the excessive singing is indeed specifically mentioned in our bug report. Thanks much! :)

Thank you. :)

• Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    I'm glad this has been reported! Hoping it gets fixed soon (maybe in the C&D patch?). I finally decided to search this issue and see if there was a mod. I just started playing TS4 recently & one of my sims runs Hogan's Burgers and it's a madhouse! My waitress kept running off to go jog and I kept criticizing her not realizing that was a bug, lol. I just thought she didn't want to work :p
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    So, any update to this issue? I'm trying to run my first diner and it's barely working. Everyone just gathers around chatting and never sitting in their seat. The very first customers seated worked fine, but the ones after won't sit down. :(
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    EdwardIIVEdwardIIV Posts: 4 New Member
    This issue has honestly been preventing me from playing the game, as most restaurants I go to are full of customers that won't just sit and eat their food. I hope this issue gets fixed very soon.
  • Options
    @SimGuruNick any approximate idea on when we can expect a fix for this?

I know it's not orthodox for gurus to say when bugs fixes are coming, but it has happened before.

I'm on the same page as others who are saying that this bug is currently ruining a good chunk of the DO experience.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2017
    "We think we've done a pretty good job of addressing the issue." (musical chairs)
    -The Sims Team while presenting Dine Out pre-release

It was fine for the most part at release, I've only noticed this recently. That means a patch did this.

A lot of people say it has to do with the fast eaters perk, which may be true.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Glad to hear it's been reported. It's driving me nuts. Dining out is one of my favorite game packs!
  • Options
    EdwardIIVEdwardIIV Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="Zeldaboy180;c-16043087"][quote="DeservedCriticism;c-15830515"]"We think we've done a pretty good job of addressing the issue." (musical chairs)
    -The Sims Team while presenting Dine Out pre-release[/quote]

It was fine for the most part at release, I've only noticed this recently. That means a patch did this.

A lot of people say it has to do with the fast eaters perk, which may be true. [/quote]

To me, it definitely isn’t because if the Fast Eaters perk. This happens in every restaurant, not just the one I run. I can’t even dine out without seeing this bug, almost every restaurant has it.

I’ve tried removing my mods, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. It still persists. I do believe it’s from a recent patch as this didn’t seem to happen before Toddlers or Parenthood.

It would be amazing if a Guru could shed some light on when this may be fixed as this has become very annoying and it really ruins the pack.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    EdwardIIV wrote: »
    "We think we've done a pretty good job of addressing the issue." (musical chairs)
    -The Sims Team while presenting Dine Out pre-release

A lot of people say it has to do with the fast eaters perk, which may be true.

To me, it definitely isn’t because if the Fast Eaters perk. This happens in every restaurant, not just the one I run. I can’t even dine out without seeing this bug, almost every restaurant has it.

I’ve tried removing my mods, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. It still persists. I do believe it’s from a recent patch as this didn’t seem to happen before Toddlers or Parenthood.

It would be amazing if a Guru could shed some light on when this may be fixed as this has become very annoying and it really ruins the pack.

Really? I've noticed it while running a restaurant, but for the most part as a diner there's no issues.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png