Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Customers won't stay seated!

cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
So I've returned to the game after a four month break. I played my restaurant family only to find their business is now a zoo because customers won't stay in their seats anymore! It seems as though they're always getting out of their seat to either replenish fun or sometimes wash their hands(?!).

For one of my restaurants, I had to get rid of the aquarium because it would become loitering area for everyone. Some customers even get out of their seats to play the piano, which causes more Sims to get out of their seats to tip the pianist -_-

Restaurants were definitely not this bad last time I played. Sometimes a Sim would be naughty and get out of their seat to talk to another Sim, but never to play piano, wash their hands or view a piece of artwork.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Post edited by cameronw209 on

Comments

• Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Yes. It happens to me also. I had a sim couple go on what was suppose to be a romantic date and like 6 sims were standing at their table talking or watching them! Kinda killed the mood!! :neutral:
    I wish they'd fix this problem...
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I agree! It is very annoying when your sims won't stay seated! This game has always had that issue. I don't understand why they can't program it so a Sim has to stay seated in a chair for a certain length of time.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I have that too. My Sims sit down when the host show them the table, then instantly stand up and start talking/doing various things, and sit down again when their meal is served. That was in one of the premade restaurants (the one with burgers), I haven't tested without mods though.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    "We think we've done a pretty good job of addressing the issue." (musical chairs)
    -The Sims Team while presenting Dine Out pre-release
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Same...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I have that too. My Sims sit down when the host show them the table, then instantly stand up and start talking/doing various things, and sit down again when their meal is served. That was in one of the premade restaurants (the one with burgers), I haven't tested without mods though.

I actually had that problem with the Hogan's Burger premade restaurant. It didn't happen with Chez Llama at all or some I made from scratch. That particular one I had a sim own always had sims standing up soon as they are seated til there food was ready.

They usually didn't do much else, since I always locked the doors where they aren't suppose to be going.

Decided to get rid of that restaurant entirely for something less frustrating.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Same here! Such a simple thing and still after 3 years we are.still having this problem...
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Same here! Such a simple thing and still after 3 years we are.still having this problem...

It actually wasn't bad at all at the start of the year. This particular issue seems to be relatively new.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

I actually had that problem with the Hogan's Burger premade restaurant. It didn't happen with Chez Llama at all or some I made from scratch. That particular one I had a sim own always had sims standing up soon as they are seated til there food was ready.

They usually didn't do much else, since I always locked the doors where they aren't suppose to be going.

Decided to get rid of that restaurant entirely for something less frustrating.

That's interesting, I'm going to test in the other premade restaurants too. I wonder what's different in Hogen's Burgen, I'll test to change stuff to see if I can improve it.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

That's interesting, I'm going to test in the other premade restaurants too. I wonder what's different in Hogen's Burgen, I'll test to change stuff to see if I can improve it.

Weird part is Hogan's burgers was working just fine up until I decided to let a sim own it. Meant to try and see if it still does it on a different rotational family or not. If not it may just be this particular one I've had more problems with sims not sitting down and not eating their meals half the time with this lot only.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2017
    It seems to have gotten way buggier since the parenthood patch, for whatever reason
    i frequently do the whole manage a restaurant thing and I have to say it's never been quite as bad as it is currently
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Same here. Also I had way too many customers barge in my restaurant's kitchen either to converse or make their own meals. I had to close the restaurant just to get them out and finally lock the kitchen doors for everyone except the employees.
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Can someone upload a restaurant to the Gallery where they're experiencing this issue, so we can investigate? Thanks!
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @SimGuruNick said:
    > Can someone upload a restaurant to the Gallery where they're experiencing this issue, so we can investigate? Thanks!

you can try it with the Chez Lama restaurant that maxis uploaded. The same gameplay issues exist there as well.
  • Options
    Lady_ElurinLady_Elurin Posts: 129 Member
    It seems to have gotten way buggier since the parenthood patch, for whatever reason
    i frequently do the whole manage a restaurant thing and I have to say it's never been quite as bad as it is currently

It's all the restaurants, not just one. There's no point in going to restaurants for my sims to get to know each other. As soon as they're brought to the table they're up and moving around. Some even go jogging, no matter what interactions I was trying to do. They wonder off the lot until their food is ready and then they magically come back. In the meantime my sim has pretty much finished eating and is up and off.

This wasn't happening before Parenthood.
  • Options
    I went to Hogan's Burger as a customer and I got the same behavior (customer sit down, then immedialy stand up, and sit down again when the food arrives). I went to the premade one with fish food ("Pélican qui plonge" in my french game, I don't know the exact name in english, it's the one with water around it) as a customer and it seemed fine.
  • Options
    I went to Hogan's Burger as a customer and I got the same behavior (customer sit down, then immedialy stand up, and sit down again when the food arrives). I went to the premade one with fish food ("Pélican qui plonge" in my french game, I don't know the exact name in english, it's the one with water around it) as a customer and it seemed fine.

Diving pelican.
  • Options

Diving pelican.

Thanks! :)

So it worked fine for me at the Diving Pelican (unedited). I'm going to test Chez Llama next. My Sims probably love this bug, I'm bringing them to the restaurant like never before :p
  • Options

Diving pelican.

Thanks! :)

So it worked fine for me at the Diving Pelican (unedited). I'm going to test Chez Llama next. My Sims probably love this bug, I'm bringing them to the restaurant like never before :p

I actually just tried diving pelican myself and had the issue :(

I'm not sure some of my sims dates are liking being left alone at their table while their other half is off watching fish or talking to staff :D
  • Options
    RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Neia wrote: »
    >
    > I have that too. My Sims sit down when the host show them the table, then instantly stand up and start talking/doing various things, and sit down again when their meal is served. That was in one of the premade restaurants (the one with burgers), I haven't tested without mods though.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I actually had that problem with the Hogan's Burger premade restaurant. It didn't happen with Chez Llama at all or some I made from scratch. That particular one I had a sim own always had sims standing up soon as they are seated til there food was ready.
    >
    > They usually didn't do much else, since I always locked the doors where they aren't suppose to be going.
    >
    > Decided to get rid of that restaurant entirely for something less frustrating.

I have just the same thing going on in my game! I bought Dine Out a couple of months ago and now I got finally enough money to buy this restaurant but all the sims are just constantly standing! Hope that they're gonna fix it soon...
  • Options
    butterfli0515butterfli0515 Posts: 17 Member
    I don't have parenthood and haven't updated my game yet and my sims don't sit down in restaurants, but it's worse in the purchased restaurant
  • Options
    butterfli0515butterfli0515 Posts: 17 Member
    and it it Hogan's burger bar, that's the worst
  • Options
    @SimGuruNick Here's a restaurant where this issue is occurring:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8F5B004451AC11E780E3C9CBD14E8863?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=camsin&max=50&maxis=false

However, I've noticed, for myself, that the issue isn't tied to a particular restaurant.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    It's so annoying! I can barely keep my played sims seated and everyone else is standing around their table dancing. I am also really really tired of having strangers join their coversations. There needs to be a much easier way to remove people from conversations.
  • Options
    PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    I had to take out all the speakers from one of the restaraunts (can't remember the name atm, it's red) to get the sims to stop dacing around the tables... they still get up all the time though.