Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims suddenly swimming in clothes

lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
This only started happening after the most recent Origin update. And I'm confused because nothing about my game has changed.

I clear my cache before every play session; I only have 2 CC items that have been there forever, and I don't use mods. The only additions to my game have been official EA items, and the clothes my Sims are showering in are base-game outfits.

So far, I've only seen this in one save. So is it safe to assume that the save itself is corrupt/the cause of this issue?

The only info I could find was 3+ years old and not pertinent to this specific problem, so any help would be appreciated.

ETA: I started a brand-new game in a brand-new town and the same thing is happening. What is going on?

I should also mention that none of the Sims I tested has the Never Nude trait, so this is definitely a bug of some kind. Not sure where any corrupt CC would have come from, since I only have the 2 pieces and have had them for more than a year with zero issues: is there a way that store content can install 'hidden' CC?
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Update: for one of the Sims I tested this with, changing her outfits from one official EA item to another fixed the issue. Could this mean that a piece of my store content has 'uninstalled' itself?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Possibly. Or maybe there are store items that are coded as valid for swimwear when they really shouldn't be -- this happens with a lot of clothing categories. Why you have never had this happen before until now would just be part of the mystery.

Origin updates, by the way, have no impact on the game itself. Only patch updates do, and there hasn't been one since Jan 2016.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net