Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WORLD PACKS? BIGGER WORLDS? PLEASE

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    And the ability to place other empty (or even built ones from the gallery) lots in all that vacant but we can't use it space.

Actually only the drawn map shows empty. When you are in game you see houses and other places we can't go into on the actual ingame map - to fill out the neighborhood between or across from our playable lots. The drawn maps do not really have drawings of the way the map looks ingame at eye level - so even if we had lots to place we couldn't place them because of the fake houses already claim the space and we cannot do a thing to them. It really annoys me in the basegame worlds because I can see all the building right across the street ingame that are not on a single map. So that tells me they never intended to give us any bigger worlds and want all the fake houses make the game appear fuller when we are playing instead of leave those spaces for us. I have no idea why they'd do that.

That's not exactly true. There are public spaces in the worlds that are empty. New Crest has the best examples of this -- large empty areas with a BBQ and a couple of picnic tables along the edges, the rest is nothing but empty space that could have been used for more lots. Instead, the game paths the Sims through this area, pretty much on the way to nowhere then back again.

Brindleton Bay is full of areas that could have been used for more lots. To the contrary, they were filled with decorative spaces that Sims could walk to, but there's nothing to do once they get there. Likewise, Windenburg (old town and the modern district) is full of open spaces with nothing to do. Sims don't even congregate in those areas, they're just empty.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Cynna wrote: »
    And the ability to place other empty (or even built ones from the gallery) lots in all that vacant but we can't use it space.

Actually only the drawn map shows empty. When you are in game you see houses and other places we can't go into on the actual ingame map - to fill out the neighborhood between or across from our playable lots. The drawn maps do not really have drawings of the way the map looks ingame at eye level - so even if we had lots to place we couldn't place them because of the fake houses already claim the space and we cannot do a thing to them. It really annoys me in the basegame worlds because I can see all the building right across the street ingame that are not on a single map. So that tells me they never intended to give us any bigger worlds and want all the fake houses make the game appear fuller when we are playing instead of leave those spaces for us. I have no idea why they'd do that.

That's not exactly true. There are public spaces in the worlds that are empty. New Crest has the best examples of this -- large empty areas with a BBQ and a couple of picnic tables along the edges, the rest is nothing but empty space that could have been used for more lots. Instead, the game paths the Sims through this area, pretty much on the way to nowhere then back again.

Brindleton Bay is full of areas that could have been used for more lots. To the contrary, they were filled with decorative spaces that Sims could walk to, but there's nothing to do once they get there. Likewise, Windenburg (old town and the modern district) is full of open spaces with nothing to do. Sims don't even congregate in those areas, they're just empty.

I specifically said base game worlds. Also the open areas are routed as paths only- so we couldn't do anything with them if we wanted to.

Unlike former games, routing was mainly done with routing paint and roads or paths of some kind - combined. But in sims 4 according to an article on this game engine - the routing is a totally different process- called Smart Routing - and once it is set by the engine - it is no longer changeable. It is why it is so difficult to even add anything at all to those open areas. People were using tricks to put stuff in these areas- which I heard was creating issues - so I've heard the devs put a stop to a lot of that even now.

Smart technology in my opinion is fine for us humans, but they need to keep it out of the Sims games. I honestly hope they never use this game engine again in a Sims game and give us back user friendlier game engines so we can get back to actually ruling our Sims games. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

I specifically said base game worlds. Also the open areas are routed as paths only- so we couldn't do anything with them if we wanted to.

Unlike former games, routing was mainly done with routing paint and roads or paths of some kind - combined. But in sims 4 according to an article on this game engine - the routing is a totally different process- called Smart Routing - and once it is set by the engine - it is no longer changeable. It is why it is so difficult to even add anything at all to those open areas. People were using tricks to put stuff in these areas- which I heard was creating issues - so I've heard the devs put a stop to a lot of that even now.

Smart technology in my opinion is fine for us humans, but they need to keep it out of the Sims games. I honestly hope they never use this game engine again in a Sims game and give us back user friendlier game engines so we can get back to actually ruling our Sims games. LOL.

I didn't realize that you were speaking only of the base game worlds. The way that I read it, it seemed as if you were saying that the issue was most frustrating in the base game worlds. Up to that point, you seemed to be discussing the issue in general.

As for the pathing through those huge empty areas, my question is why? Why use such huge open spaces for Sims to walk from point A to B, doing absolutely nothing, when that space could have been given over to the player?

If what you're saying is that the design for the pathing is severely flawed, we're in full agreement. Not only is it wasteful, it's also ridiculous that pathing seems to be handled by the engine, rather than a human who would display some human common sense. I preferred the "painting" and sidewalk/pathway methods for just that reason.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member

I believe it's known as dishonesty. Deception works as well. I agree with your other post on the engine & routing. I still keep having the feeling it's a product of the original online idea. I've experience with only one, but it was one player character (sim) per game save, and all you could do was wander around in the world and interact with the characters/stuff/monsters the developers wanted you to. TS4 has that same feel about it.
    edited December 2017
    Cynna wrote: »

I didn't realize that you were speaking only of the base game worlds. The way that I read it, it seemed as if you were saying that the issue was most frustrating in the base game worlds. Up to that point, you seemed to be discussing the issue in general.

As for the pathing through those huge empty areas, my question is why? Why use such huge open spaces for Sims to walk from point A to B, doing absolutely nothing, when that space could have been given over to the player?

If what you're saying is that the design for the pathing is severely flawed, we're in full agreement. Not only is it wasteful, it's also ridiculous that pathing seems to be handled by the engine, rather than a human who would display some human common sense. I preferred the "painting" and sidewalk/pathway methods for just that reason.

Well these worlds are made pretty much free hand and with some sort of object placement tool outside the lots - so it is not possible for simmers to do anything except on lots to the world. We cannot work directly with the game engine or the tool they use so it causes an issue when simmers try to use cheats to place anything as the AI only sees what is done before we get the game. This game design just does not allow for changes off lots period from what I can see.

To me it is the equivalent of trying to use a ball point pen on an electronic writing pad instead of an electronic digital data pen and expecting it to see and use what we wrote. We don't have their tools for one, and once the game is finished it seems what is done is locked in with the exception of the designated lots - period.

Why on earth they did this for a Sims game where creativity is as important as game play to simmers - really boggles my mind.

This design might have been great for many other games - but a bad idea for a Sims game if you ask me - over all.

ETA - I do also think - more and more that this design was meant for the online - as in past Sims Online games we could not do anything in the game except to our own lot and even that wasn't a simple task and one had to earn through CASH and level up to even change. Then it would at least make sense... but I would never buy that Sims game - believe me. For some of those same reasons. To me - then it is no longer The Sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I believe it's known as dishonesty. Deception works as well. I agree with your other post on the engine & routing. I still keep having the feeling it's a product of the original online idea. I've experience with only one, but it was one player character (sim) per game save, and all you could do was wander around in the world and interact with the characters/stuff/monsters the developers wanted you to. TS4 has that same feel about it.

Yeah - I am really feeling that as well. I think when it was stated the engine was rebuilt - from the online - they weren't telling the whole truth - seeing this really does remind me of a better made Sims online with all the same issues in creativity we saw in those games as well.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• TarandJamesTarandJames Posts: 1 New Member
    All they need is the sims launcher and content creator/editor/downloader. I have heard so much from this game as to what it used to be and what people used to do with it including the multiplayer aspect. But coming from the free reign of TS3. And the amount of maps and content that was freely available. Not to mention the maps being 2-3x the size of these pathetic pieces, especially placing all the amenities right beside eachother on a strip, and no customization of the worlds. And especially after having to deal with EA on an invalid code on the game and how many problems and issues there were coming in to this from the get go, this was a severe disappointment. The character creator was the best feature on here and my girlfriend was seemingly happy about it to begin with but didn't spend the 3 hours she spent originally on sims3 the first time she played actually enjoying it. There seems to be a lot of in game content and things to do within the constricted areas, but that does not make for the fun open world adventuring type of game where you discover new locations on maps going to pick up gems that you seen and having really well made city style or country style maps. Rather these are so pathetically made with a single big place in the middle, a strip on the south and houses elsewhere. I have not played the game yet myself although I watched my girlfriend play some yesterday and I just cant believe it.. Bring back TS3 launcher and entire contents of it and I will be happy.
    edited January 2018
    All they need is the sims launcher and content creator/editor/downloader. I have heard so much from this game as to what it used to be and what people used to do with it including the multiplayer aspect. But coming from the free reign of TS3. And the amount of maps and content that was freely available. Not to mention the maps being 2-3x the size of these pathetic pieces, especially placing all the amenities right beside eachother on a strip, and no customization of the worlds. And especially after having to deal with EA on an invalid code on the game and how many problems and issues there were coming in to this from the get go, this was a severe disappointment. The character creator was the best feature on here and my girlfriend was seemingly happy about it to begin with but didn't spend the 3 hours she spent originally on sims3 the first time she played actually enjoying it. There seems to be a lot of in game content and things to do within the constricted areas, but that does not make for the fun open world adventuring type of game where you discover new locations on maps going to pick up gems that you seen and having really well made city style or country style maps. Rather these are so pathetically made with a single big place in the middle, a strip on the south and houses elsewhere. I have not played the game yet myself although I watched my girlfriend play some yesterday and I just cant believe it.. Bring back TS3 launcher and entire contents of it and I will be happy.

Every sim game had a separate system from the ground up on a different engine designed specifically for that series. So you cannot interchange anything used in those designs in other systems or designs. That would be as detrimental as say using motorbike parts into a boeing 707's jet engines. It's just not something you could or even would do. They are different from the ground up for a reason. They even use different programming languages. Nothing about the former games is the same technology as this game - just like each of them are different than each other. The parts are not inter-changeable.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• krenee77krenee77 Posts: 41 Member
    > @John_Salonica said:
    > Hi guys Im here after a really long time, and PLEASE IF ANY of the gurus read this, please please please, make the worlds bigger! I heard from people all the time ( in my country and online ) that ''Sims 4 is a great game, but the worlds are tiny''. It is a shame to have a beautiful game with tiny neighborhoods. I think since there is a 8 lot limit ( they said it was 5 lot limit, but then we got windenburg with 8 lots in one neighborhood)
    > If the problem is the performance, I think that a lot of players would buy instead of a stuff pack , a world for 10-20$ .
    > . So after reading comments since 2014 players want for the worlds in the game:
    >
    > 1. CREATE A WORLD/Neighborhood Edit
    > 2. Bigger neighborhoods, more lots and MORE NEIGHBORHOODS!
    >
    >
    > I read that gurus said neighborhoods are expandable but you guys do nothing. Im very dissapointed with the sims 4 worlds . I wish that someday we will get a world like this
    >
    >
    > Thanks for reading and I hope that we will get bigger worlds in the future . :) LESS BACKROUND DECORATION , MORE PLAYABLE AREAS .
    I concur. I never have enough lots to build on! C'mon, give us more room. Give me a home where my Sims can all roam...
    p.s. Free roam, as in Sims 3, was great. I miss it.
  • Lenka93Lenka93 Posts: 58 Member
    I totally agree with you. We need CAW or game packs with new worlds with more and bigger slots. I have expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs but i have a lot of families. I need place for them. :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I feel like we will get one eventually but it's not high on the list of priorities. I also think it's probably more complicated than we think.

Nonetheless we definitely need to push for another free empty world like Newcrest. The paid worlds are so cramped now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    absolutely. the first thing I thought when I saw the worlds was, "this is a "world?" I was ESPECIALLY angry at the size of Magnolia Promenade that came with Get to Work. I was like.... four lots... FOUR LOTS?! and there should be like... a world "builder." didn't the sims franchise start out as a building game? you know... like on DOS?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited May 2018
    I think we need to have 8 lots per neighbourhood in most, with 6 being the minimum for non park neighbourhoods. I then think we need to have 6 of these neighbourhoods, plus 1 park neighbourhood, and we should have open neighbourhoods, not open world, but open neighbourhoods.
  • CindyrellaCindyrella Posts: 1 New Member
    This is the exact reason I will not buy any expansions of the Sims 4, I'd rather stick to Sims 3 where I can build as much as I want and create my own worlds. In my opinion, Sims 4 was a total waste of my money.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited July 2018
    Post edited by sikasika18 on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    I wouldn't mind bigger world, with more empty lots. City Living has no empty lots, it's too bad.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I would like additional empty worlds, each complimenting an existing world. So that we could have a second city world, with more apartments and empty lots.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Would like to have what TS2 gives us, the ability to make new stand alone worlds, sub-worlds that may be attached to existing main worlds or the ones we make, proper variety of lot sizes and configurations (a 3x5 is different than a 5x3), the ability to add lots onto the wide open spaces in so many of the existing worlds. I suspect the root problem is the game's origin as an online game (where one may only make one's avatar/PC with which to interact with the world that's provided), rather than the more flexible base in prior Sims versions.
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    absolutely. the first thing I thought when I saw the worlds was, "this is a "world?" I was ESPECIALLY angry at the size of Magnolia Promenade that came with Get to Work. I was like.... four lots... FOUR LOTS?! and there should be like... a world "builder." didn't the sims franchise start out as a building game? you know... like on DOS?

I was the same when I got Get to Work. Just four lots in Magnolia Promenade? FOUR LOTS! I was shocked for a couple of minutes, since I expect more, so much more.

I really hope the Gurus see and take note of this thread. The world's need to be bigger! It's insane how small the worlds in Sims 4 are, at the current rate, I just call them neighborhoods, not worlds.

Given that this game isn't an open world, there should be no excuse to add more lots to a world. Bring worlds that have more than 40+. 15-20 is extremely tight.
  • Sky_SimsSky_Sims Posts: 26 Member
    ugh yess! it's honestly awesome how CAW might be a thing!
    445e2271a2be47c31974bf3c0824c731.jpg

May your sims be beautiful, and your homes a sight. May you have the perfect sim - one who sleeps the whole night.
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Having war flash backs of 'world packs' from the Sims 3 to venues that ranged from 19.99 to 45.00 :s

Think I'd about lose my mind if I saw those for the Sims 4. Having some customization for worlds shouldn't be coming at a price. Even with Sims 2 there were so many map choices as well from SimCity with the base game alone. I feel like something like that should come within a patch and if there had to be a world pack I'd hope it'd focus on extensive customization for players to be shelling out cash for it. Changing lot sizes, being able to change buildings and set dressing to your liking, lighter or darker in certain neighborhoods, being able to customize a bit more outside of lots 'like some of the community areas and where they have grills, tables etc', making or removing fishing spots, more terrtain paint.' Etc, etc. I'd be supper iffy about it.

I'd definitely want to see neighborhood's widened more along with more unique community areas and editing neighborhoods. It's like when I look over at the ongoing project on here with the custom map's here made by passionate fans that want to see things like that as well.. More unique maps and various sizes with neighborhoods.

There is a mighty need.

Gosh, those world packs were insane and robbery in my view - the Gold Edition vs Normal Edition deal was so ridiculous.

I think the Gurus this time around need to understand that "you rule" should include being able to determine what backdrop you want in your game.
    From what I've endured with this game, 'you rule' is more like a politician's promises as election day approaches.
  • snikkipoosnikkipoo Posts: 31 Member
    Hi guys Im here after a really long time, and PLEASE IF ANY of the gurus read this, please please please, make the worlds bigger! I heard from people all the time ( in my country and online ) that ''Sims 4 is a great game, but the worlds are tiny''. It is a shame to have a beautiful game with tiny neighborhoods. I think since there is a 8 lot limit ( they said it was 5 lot limit, but then we got windenburg with 8 lots in one neighborhood)
    If the problem is the performance, I think that a lot of players would buy instead of a stuff pack , a world for 10-20$ .
    . So after reading comments since 2014 players want for the worlds in the game:

1. CREATE A WORLD/Neighborhood Edit
    2. Bigger neighborhoods, more lots and MORE NEIGHBORHOODS!

I read that gurus said neighborhoods are expandable but you guys do nothing. Im very dissapointed with the sims 4 worlds . I wish that someday we will get a world like this 2eewjm9.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope that we will get bigger worlds in the future . :) LESS BACKROUND DECORATION , MORE PLAYABLE AREAS .

I agree. That graphic looks amazing and makes me miss Sunset Valley! It should make a comeback in TS4.
    Rather reminds me of TS2 worlds, lots of usable open space in those. Quite agree. We need more like that so we're not so cramped, and stuck with what the company thinks is a good world.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'd love to see bigger worlds as well. Windenburg is an example-it's a nice big world! I'd also love to see a world that's located in the inner city..one with NO water around at all. We need more inner-city type worlds. I'm tired of seeing worlds that have countless bodies of water in it/surrounded by water. Give us inner city worlds,EA!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?