Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

Comments

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I've played through where I want to be for 1.01 and now I'm stuck with two decent spouse prospects. Both are Music Lovers, like my founder, but are otherwise quite different:

Number 1
    -has the Goofball trait, which seems like it would complement the Childish trait well
    -is Outgoing, the trait I almost went with instead of Materialistic
    -is employed in the Entertainer career
    -has the same Aspiration, so some of the milestones could complete at the same time for them both
    -haven't seen him in a legacy before, so no idea what his kids would look like

Number 2
    -is Active and a Bro, which could be an interesting mix of traits for the trait generator
    -makes good-looking kids
    -is employed in the Athlete career
    -wants to be a Bodybuilder, which would give the long-lived trait so he could be around to meet his grandkids and watch them grow up
    -is part of a party-loving club, which suits my founder's personality but could be problematic for raising kids and such down the line

Decisions, decisions...

I agree with Ny that you should let your Sim pick! Whoever they whim for the most should be their spouse. Having played in a game-driven way for so much of my stories, I've learned that even the most micro-managed of Sims still have their own preferences through Whims which can't be denied. Well, they can, but they keep coming back up!
    ny275 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Today’s update is earlier than normal because I won’t be around today and don’t trust wordpress to get it out on time.

I will be around this evening and that’s when I plan to read everyone’s latest updates and respond to anything in this thread. If I missed something of yours, please let me know! And if there’s ever anything specific you want my thoughts on, don’t hesitate to ask.

Just out of curiosity, what countries are you all from/ living in? And what is your timezone? Last, and probably the most interesting to me, what is your first language?

United States for me, and EST. English is my first language. Though travelling to other places has taught me that I understand more Spanish and French than I would've thought considering I only studied it in school.
    I posted this in the writer's lounge, but figured I'd post it here as well, just in case you all want to participate. I'm doing a casting call, and it's for my other story that I write, but there is crossover potential, which some of you may find an interesting option for you legacy stories.
    Hey everyone! I'm doing a casting call and I wanted to let you all know. Two Sims from my neighborhood rotation, Gavin and Akira, have plans to have a baby. Because they're both men (and I haven't allowed male pregnancy through MCCC), they want to use a surrogate!

Here is Gavin Ralston with Akira Kibo (hopefully you already know Akira)
    G6EUbl6.png

What kind of surrogate am I looking for?
    I'm looking for a female Young Adult Sim that already exists in your game and/or story. She will become a short-term part of my story. The plan is for Akira and Gavin to find a young woman who will have a baby with both of them (one at a time). No woohoo will be involved, just good old fashioned MCCC magic.

How will this work?
    Any submitted Sims will head into the genetics lab that is Create-a-Sim. And whoever makes the most interesting offspring with both Gavin and Akira shall be their surrogate.

If you would like to submit a surrogate Sim for my story:
    - Tell me a bit about her
    - Link to the story she's in
    - Upload her to the gallery using #DDNRSurrogateSim

Anything else?
    As of now, I have no plans to keep the Sim in my story long-term, that's why I think it would be cool if she came from another story (yay crossover). If anyone wants to incorporate their Sim being a surrogate into their story, that could be fun as well. We can sort out if it will be for financial reasons or a chance to travel or any other cool reason we could think of!

I'm not sure how many takers I'll get for this one. So let's just say I'll take submissions until Sunday June 25th at 10 pm EST.
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Finally got 1.01 out! And we get to meet both the mystery guys.

sims4fitzgeralds.blogspot.com/2017/06/101-lets-go-exploring.html

Comments on the blog are appreciated, as are comments on here! Also, a bit of help with the clickable link thing would be great.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    edited June 2017
    Finally got 1.01 out! And we get to meet both the mystery guys.

sims4fitzgeralds.blogspot.com/2017/06/101-lets-go-exploring.html

Comments on the blog are appreciated, as are comments on here! Also, a bit of help with the clickable link thing would be great.

Here is 1.01: Let's Go Exploring. I will hopefully be around to read tomorrow! :)
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    edited June 2017
    @PurplishSimEater I really liked your first chapter! Your character has a very unique voice and I don't know if you were doing that on purpose, but it cracked me up a bunch of times how she is just rolling with everything. Also loved your nod at legacy famies when she googled it :joy:

Thanks everyone who complimented me on my English. I'm a bit insecure when it comes to writing/talking English surrounded by native speakers. I always feel like I'm causing cringe left and right, haha.

@cecerose0208 Unfortunately I don't have a candidate that would be suitable for your casting call at the moment but I wish you the best of luck with it! It's such an unique and interesting chance for stories to intertwine (which I love!).

@SmallSeven01 That's so cool that you're learning German! Do you find the language very difficult? How far have you learned? As a language student I always get giddy when someone says he's learning my native tongue. <3
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    @PurplishSimEater I really liked your first chapter! Your character has a very unique voice and I don't know if you were doing that on purpose, but it cracked me up a bunch of times how she is just rolling with everything. Also loved your nod at legacy famies when she googled it :joy:

Thanks everyone who complimented me on my English. I'm a bit insecure when it comes to writing/talking English surrounded by native speakers. I always feel like I'm causing cringe left and right, haha.

@cecerose0208 Unfortunately I don't have a candidate that would be suitable for your casting call at the moment but I wish you the best of luck with it! It's such an unique and interesting chance for stories to intertwine (which I love!).

@SmallSeven01 That's so cool that you're learning German! Do you find the language very difficult? How far have you learned? As a language student I always get giddy when someone says he's learning my native tongue. <3

No worries, there will be opportunities for crossing over in the future I'm sure. I love doing casting calls and reader polls for stuff!

Also, I agree that your English is great. I think I've noticed in particular that German speakers take to English (at least written English) very well. If you learn it in school, kudos to your schools!
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I did learn it in school! Here in Germany it is actually required to have one foreign language at least, as far as I know. I went into higher education and I wouldn't even have been able to graduate without being tested at at least one foreign language. And in sixth grade you are also required to chose a second foreign language if you go to the "higher" school: Latin or French. I think I'm very blessed to be German because I think our educational system is top-notch! :)

Talking about languages, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to this. I speak English, German and French and I also had a bit of Italian and I am currently trying my hands on Japanese. My degree is in English, too. Sometimes I get confused and talk to my mother in English (she understands no word of it) and she goes "What?" LOL

Anyway, sign me up for any future casting calls (I might actually have one myself in the near future *hint hint*) and would love one of your Sims! I think they are always so pretty AND interesting!

Sorry for talking so much, guys. Have a wonderful day <3
    @PurplishSimEater I agree with Yoru! Brittany's voice is so unique and she made me laugh many times throughout the chapter!

@cecerose0208 I don't have any sims that fit your parameters, either. Maybe next time.

@Asaoyoru You might do a casting call, too? Ooh, I can't wait to see if I have a sim to enter!

And I guess to answer my own question... I live in the US on the east coast. So I'm in the Eastern time zone. My first language is English. I've studied Spanish, French, and Latin. It's been a while though, and they all kind of blend together because of their similarities. At one point while I was in school, my friends and I invented our own pig-latin that was based off of English. Yes, I was a strange kid! I would love to learn Arabic and pick back up with the other three. Hmm maybe I will.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I'm Serbian living in Serbia and my native language is Serbian. :lol: I speak Serbian, English, and I'm at a basic level of French. Recently I started learning Finnish. I think I'll come back to French next year. I'm a bit like @Asaoyoru when it comes to languages - I dabbled in a lot of them.

Now I'll talk about my SimLit writing and play. Well, I'm still in a rut when it comes to posting, and my playing experience, because of "nasty" random trait generator ( :lol: ) has became... well, kind of weird, and also genetics are too weird. But, I'll continue playing. I have in mind a storyline for these "strange occurences" :lol: though, so it's not that bad.

Also, I think I'll try to write a long chapter tomorrow. It might, even if it turns out to be bad, relieve me from the stress which is due to being stuck in writing.
    Nina - no stress! It's good that you've got a plan in place to write something tomorrow.

Ny & Yoru - thank you both! She's a ton of fun to write for, and she cracks me up too.

I have one more assignment to turn in online this week, then I can get back to playing my save file. I have two pictures and a blogpost started for 1.02 as well as a tentative title, but I'm not really sure what direction my gameplay will take me.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • pickledsimmerpickledsimmer Posts: 105 Member
    I totally spaced and just realized today is Thursday! Forgot to post an update yesterday but after cleaning all morning and having 4 showings plus all my other adult duties (sometimes being an adult stinks) I crashed when my head hit the pillow. So today I leave you with a new update before I again rush off to tidy up the house. Good news, we got an offer but some guy still wants to see the place today.

Who knows baby may come today, I go for an ultrasound and if there is any worry they wont let me leave. If not I've picked the date of eviction for next week, so hopefully with the offer on the house I can actually stay home and play and write to continue the amount of chapters I have saved up.

therinehartlegacy.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/episode-4/

@PurplishSimEater I just caught up on your story and I love the style of writing and plot you have! Your founder is quite a character and when she googled her situation and legacy stuff popped up, brilliant!
    The Barrow Legacy - UPDATED 08/14
    @ninaumi The random trait generator can be crazy! I roll for all the traits as soon as a baby is born so I know how things will be affected and so I can throw their traits into how I write their personality. Yay for a (potentially) long chapter!

@pickledsimmer Still no baby, eh? That boy is stubborn already! Congrats on an offer! I do hope everything on the house front works out smoothly. Good luck at your ultrasound. I know you would probably be relieved if the baby came today, but I hope nothing is no worry! Hopefully the little guy is just too comfortable where he is and wants a few more days inside of mama!

@PurplishSimEater I have written pretty far down the line, but I want to see where gameplay will take me. That actually leads me into what I wanted to share with everyone about my story. I'll put it in spoilers in case someone is not caught up.
    So as some of you know, I lost my original save. I will go ahead and say that Elias and Siobhan were together and already had children in that save so I was devastated when I lost it. Not wanting to put off creating the reading circle, I started writing chapters anyway based on that save. I also started a new save with Elias. The new legacy save is not very far: I have actually been using pictures from the original one. Since I want the story to have some elements of being game driven, I am allowing him to choose who he wants to end up with. It may or may not be Siobhan which is why I wrote her an out in this last chapter. I have been busier than I thought I would be these past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to catch up with gameplay. I was hoping to do so this weekend, but I don't know if I will be able to because I have been commissioned to write an article that's' due on Monday. I pretty much have creative reign over it, but it will involve some research and concentrated time. Time that I will only have this weekend. If all goes well, hopefully it will turn into a series/ a regular thing. So I guess we'll see what happens: in the game/ legacy front and professionally.
  • SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »

I enjoy it! I am doing it through Duolingo and it's fun. I fell in love with Berlin was a teenager and have always wanted to live their speaking the language. Ahh thats so cute.

@ny275 Ah that's a shame. But I am glad you are letting him decide.

Will be updating in the next few days! Just been working loads!
    edited June 2017
    I posted this in the writer's lounge, but figured I'd post it here as well, just in case you all want to participate. I'm doing a casting call, and it's for my other story that I write, but there is crossover potential, which some of you may find an interesting option for you legacy stories.
    Hey everyone! I'm doing a casting call and I wanted to let you all know. Two Sims from my neighborhood rotation, Gavin and Akira, have plans to have a baby. Because they're both men (and I haven't allowed male pregnancy through MCCC), they want to use a surrogate!

Here is Gavin Ralston with Akira Kibo (hopefully you already know Akira)
    G6EUbl6.png

What kind of surrogate am I looking for?
    I'm looking for a female Young Adult Sim that already exists in your game and/or story. She will become a short-term part of my story. The plan is for Akira and Gavin to find a young woman who will have a baby with both of them (one at a time). No woohoo will be involved, just good old fashioned MCCC magic.

How will this work?
    Any submitted Sims will head into the genetics lab that is Create-a-Sim. And whoever makes the most interesting offspring with both Gavin and Akira shall be their surrogate.

If you would like to submit a surrogate Sim for my story:
    - Tell me a bit about her
    - Link to the story she's in
    - Upload her to the gallery using #DDNRSurrogateSim

Anything else?
    As of now, I have no plans to keep the Sim in my story long-term, that's why I think it would be cool if she came from another story (yay crossover). If anyone wants to incorporate their Sim being a surrogate into their story, that could be fun as well. We can sort out if it will be for financial reasons or a chance to travel or any other cool reason we could think of!

I'm not sure how many takers I'll get for this one. So let's just say I'll take submissions until Sunday June 25th at 10 pm EST.

I might submit Zaiden's niece for this. She is pretty cute!
    ny275 wrote: »
    @ninaumi The random trait generator can be crazy! I roll for all the traits as soon as a baby is born so I know how things will be affected and so I can throw their traits into how I write their personality. Yay for a (potentially) long chapter!

@pickledsimmer Still no baby, eh? That boy is stubborn already! Congrats on an offer! I do hope everything on the house front works out smoothly. Good luck at your ultrasound. I know you would probably be relieved if the baby came today, but I hope nothing is no worry! Hopefully the little guy is just too comfortable where he is and wants a few more days inside of mama!

@PurplishSimEater I have written pretty far down the line, but I want to see where gameplay will take me. That actually leads me into what I wanted to share with everyone about my story. I'll put it in spoilers in case someone is not caught up.
    So as some of you know, I lost my original save. I will go ahead and say that Elias and Siobhan were together and already had children in that save so I was devastated when I lost it. Not wanting to put off creating the reading circle, I started writing chapters anyway based on that save. I also started a new save with Elias. The new legacy save is not very far: I have actually been using pictures from the original one. Since I want the story to have some elements of being game driven, I am allowing him to choose who he wants to end up with. It may or may not be Siobhan which is why I wrote her an out in this last chapter. I have been busier than I thought I would be these past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to catch up with gameplay. I was hoping to do so this weekend, but I don't know if I will be able to because I have been commissioned to write an article that's' due on Monday. I pretty much have creative reign over it, but it will involve some research and concentrated time. Time that I will only have this weekend. If all goes well, hopefully it will turn into a series/ a regular thing. So I guess we'll see what happens: in the game/ legacy front and professionally.
    In some Sims games, certain Sims are drawn to each other no matter what. Like Snow and Charming on OUAT. It would be so romantic if that happened with Elias and Siobhan!

I might submit Zaiden's niece for this. She is pretty cute!

Please do! It would be nice if the surrogate came from one of my reading circles!
    1.02 is officially photographed. Time to organize said pictures and get 'em up as part of the post.
    @cecerose0208 I have added her to the gallery. She is currently a toddler in game! And is the daughter of Luka Dove and one of his flings with Saya Tanaka.
    @cecerose0208 I have also submitted her with her mother for backstory purposes!
    Hi all!

In general, how are you legacies going so far? Ant tips/ cool things you want to share from this minimal living experience.

I only ask questions to try and keep up some discussion!

Last night I stayed up way later than I probably should to play. I've got to rework some chapters, but other than that I'm good! Oh, to answer my own question: my legacy is going very well. Elias is such fun to play. I do sometimes wish I gave him a career- but I just love spending all day with him. I know legacy households tend to fill up so I'm savoring my time with just one sim. Anything to share... not really. There's a trashcan that I always buy when playing challenges like this. I forget what it's called. I have a picture of it but am rushing right now so I will have to upload it later. Anyway, every time you drag trash into it, it gives you 10 simoleans for every sim in your household! And if you only have one sim, if they throw plates/ trash away themselves, it gives 20! It's quite the initial investment, but as soon as your founder gets married and starts having heirs and spares, the money begins to add up!

If somebody else knows what trash can I'm talking about, if you could add a picture that'd be great. If not, I'll be back in a couple of hours and can do it myself. I also have a picture to share that I know @cecerose0208 would be interested in. ;) If only you didn't have to go to an image sharing website to share a pic on the forums...
    Hey again!

My legacy's going well. Finally made a decision on the spouse (pretty easy, she's on the border between friends and acquaintances with one and solidly acquaintances with the other and I don't want to waste too much time). I have 1.02 and an interlude photographed, and at least part of 1.03. Bad news is my laptop's going in for a check-up soon since it overheats whenever I load my game up.

As for gameplay tips - Outdoor Retreat has saved my butt with the minimal living. The biggest challenge is now that some changes have come about with the lot, we are broke. Add in a Materialistic Sim and guess how well that's working out for whim fulfillment.

Hope everyone else is having fun with their games! I know I don't talk about y'all's stories very much, but I really do like reading them.
  • pickledsimmerpickledsimmer Posts: 105 Member
    Hey everyone!

Just letting you all know I will be taking about a couple week hiatus from posting any new updates. I had my baby yesterday and things didn't take the root we had planned with some surprises in the mix but baby's fine and healthy but I need to rest and recover.

Can't wait to return and catch up and share the finale and the beginning of the legacy with you all :smile:
    The Barrow Legacy - UPDATED 08/14
    @PurplishSimEater Yay for your founder finding a spouse and stocking up on some chapters! I hope your computer is okay. I would hate for anything to happen. Outdoor Retreat is great for founding legacies! The tents are great- I've actually had Elias sleep on community lots so everything he needs is there when he wakes up!

@pickledsimmer Congratulations on your little boy! I'm sorry to hear things didn't go as planned. Don't feel any pressure to update or play- take all the time you need, though I will be excited when you get back into the swing of things!

Here is the trashcan I mentioned earlier. DDO5mib.png

And here's a picture for @cecerose0208
    Right after the friendly introduction at a party, he rolls this whim!
    MRe3Zuq.png
    @pickledsimmer Congrats on the baby! Glad everything ended up fine.
    Congratulations @pickledsimmer! I feel that my legacy is progressing well, I have taken screenshots for a big storyline coming up. I have a tiny update live! I will also be away for a few days so won't be updating till then.