Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
The Long Haul
We are currently full!

Welcome to the reading circle, (In it for) the Long Haul!

This reading circle is for legacy writers. Traditional, Build Newcrest, Differences in the Family Tree etc. It doesn’t matter if you’re following the rules strictly or not. If you’re writing/ chronicling the story of your legacy family, this is the place for you.

If you are fairly early in your legacy (Generation 1 or Generation 2), we’d be happy for you to join this reading circle. This will be a place for us to encourage each other as we trek up legacy mountain.

Not only will we provide encouragement for each other, but we can discuss issues we’re having and plot ideas. Also, there will be the potential for some great crossovers and great legacy spouses that originate in someone else’s game!

There are no strict rules, although I would hope if you join that you would read everyone’s story and comment either on this thread or on their blog.
Post edited by ny275 on

Comments

• ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2018
  • pickledsimmerpickledsimmer Posts: 105 Member
    Hey!

Just a quick question, I've started a legacy but it begins as a Bachelorette challenge storyline where she's on a television dating game show to help my founder find a spouse (I made to much of a wide selection of potential spouses and couldn't choose). Once there's a winner it begins regular legacy style.

Is that okay for this reading circle?

therinehartlegacy.wordpress.com
    The Barrow Legacy - UPDATED 08/14
    @pickledsimmer As long as it will be a legacy challenge eventually, I don't see why not. Your legacy will just start out a little differently than others.'
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    @pickledsimmer I also don't see why not. It sounds like a very unique start. I'm looking forward to reading it when I can.
    Happy Monday! This morning I published the first chapter of the Castillo Legacy.
    @ny275 @Asaoyoru Oh yes it will be, I'm currently trying to fast-track through with the first half to finally get started on the legacy aspect. Just made an extensive excel spreadsheet to track my scoring LOL
    @ny275 I can't wait to read it and give you my thoughts! So far I can only say that your founder looks gorgeous, but then again, you only make the most beautiful sims *is forever in love with Sienna and Darren's wife*

@pickledsimmer That sounds like a lot of work! Are you keeping score of your whole legacy or just the first part?
    @ny275 I read your first chapter and I second that your founder is handsome! Can't wait to continue following along during his journey, I think it's courageous leaving behind his mom and that life to make a new life for himself.

@Asaoyoru I have so much time on my hands right now, it was a nice break from the sims and writing. I may also enjoy using Excel a lot haha I'm planning to use the scoring for the whole legacy but we will see how it goes as I continue playing and writing.
  • SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Hey guys would you accept a Picturacy? (Photo Legacy) I would love to join! I also won't be able to update much over the next week but would love to
    @Asaoyoru and @pickledsimmer Thanks! I really like Elias. He's such a charming man and I think he's pretty handsome, too lol

@Asaoyoru (gonna start calling you A from now on if you've already been tagged in a post! :D ) Sienna and Cass are two of my most gorgeous sims! Love love love them!

@pickledsimmer (still thinking up a nick-name-esque thing to call you by) he was pretty courageous. I didn't want to get too far into his backstory in the first chapter, but I'm pretty sure it will come up again so I can give more details.
    Hey guys would you accept a Picturacy? (Photo Legacy) I would love to join! I also won't be able to update much over the next week but would love to

@SmallSeven01 I don't see why not. This is the place for legacies, and even if yours isn't written, you can still run into problems or may need encouragement. Who knows, you might even start writing for it one day. Post a link here and I'll add you to the list if you're still interested.

Don't feel like you are pressured to update all the time, either! Go at your own pace!
  • SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    ny275 wrote: »

@SmallSeven01 I don't see why not. This is the place for legacies, and even if yours isn't written, you can still run into problems or may need encouragement. Who knows, you might even start writing for it one day. Post a link here and I'll add you to the list if you're still interested.

Don't feel like you are pressured to update all the time, either! Go at your own pace!

Great thanks. The link is here. It's the Dove Legacy. It is great to join a reading circle for this legacy, as I am part of one for my Amazon Challenge and it's great to get feedback!
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I love the idea for this circle. I've been wanting to do another legacy save, and write a story about it. If I jump in with it before your circle fills up. I'd love to join!
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    I just started playing my new legacy file, so I'd like to join if possible. Haven't posted anything online yet and links will be copy-paste until the not-actually-a-new-member glitches get sorted out.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
    @cecerose0208 Sure you can join! Whenever you get the chance post a link to your legacy so I can add it.

@PurplishSimEater It would be great to have you, too! Like I told Cece, post the link and I'll add it to the list. That membership problem is annoying, but I or others in the circle can always repost/ quote the link to make it clickable until this issue gets solved.
    ny275 wrote: »

Great thanks. The link is here. It's the Dove Legacy. It is great to join a reading circle for this legacy, as I am part of one for my Amazon Challenge and it's great to get feedback!

Thanks! You and your story are now listed!
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    The link is as follows: http://sims4fitzgeralds.blogspot.com/

The only thing I've got up right now are my rules, so not too much to see just yet.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
    edited June 2017
    I finally have a bit of time before uni today, so I want to welcome @PurplishSimEater as well as @cecerose0208 and @SmallSeven01 to our reading circle! I can't wait to read all the wonderful stories you have to offer. I will try to follow each of your stories as soon as I have a bit of a breather (possibly tomorrow!). Thank you for participating in our little circle. I'm so amazed that we found so many lovely members already!

I've decided on the story I would like to feature in this reading circle and I think I would like you to read my Build Newcrest Legacy. I love it so much and I feel like I need to work a bit on my other story and try to find my groove there.

Here is the link to @PurplishSimEater 's story for easy access: click me!

As soon as I'm caught up with all of our stories I would like to post a few questions and start a few discussions/give insights into what I've read. But first: How would you like us to discuss your story? Do you want constructive (!!!) criticism? Support? Maybe discuss some plotpoints and point out what we think is especially good?

I hope I didn't forget anything or anyone! I wish you all a wonderful day and hope you have a great weekend :)
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello! I wanted to join this circle before it was full but also wanted to write the first chapter before I do so. Now, I feel a little bit bummed... Is there perhaps a possibility for one more Simmer to join?
    I really need to be consistent with my story, unlike how I did previously, and I think this reading circle could really help me.
    If there's still a chance, here's the link for my story: https://umisimslegacy.wordpress.com/good-ol-goodwins-current/
    Morning everyone!

Today I've got a new episode out, I think I will stick to a Sunday and Wednesday posting schedule to help regulate myself. Usually I would wait until later in the day but I've got some household chores that need tending to before the photographer arrives to take photos of the house. On top of today being my due date we are also selling and looking to purchase a house, crazy crazy crazy.

Also last night I finished writing the Bachelorette part of my legacy and now have officially started on the legacy! There will be six episodes total before the legacy chapters begin, which I also started writing last night. During this hectic time I have still found time to relax and play the sims hard-core in preparation for the baby. I probably wont have time to write and play in the next couple months (who knows I may get too, that's why I've got so many chapters prepared just in case) but I will have time to read as I've started bookmarking everyone's stories to my browser on my phone and since there all in the beginning stages I don't have a lot of catching up to do.

therinehartlegacy.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/episode-2/
    @PurplishSimEater Thank you! Take your time while you try to figure everything out. There is no rush.

@ninaumi considering one of our legacies is a picturacy, I think we can add another slot. I'll get you added to the list.

@pickledsimmer I'll take a look at episode two. Today is your due date? How exciting! It sounds like you have a busy time ahead, with selling the house and having a baby on the way!

Also, I like your schedule. I've decided that the updates for the Castillo Legacy will come on Tuesdays and Thursdays while my Build Newcrest updates on Wednesdays and Fridays.

@Asaoyoru Great welcome! I'm very excited to see you build Newcrest. I will get around to answering your questions later.
    Okay, I believe I've caught up on everyone's stories. Please check the second post to see if the link to your story goes to the right place on your blog. :)
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    @ny275 I see that on number 4 there is a wrong link.

Guys, your stories' beginnings are quite awesome, I really want more! :)

Btw. @SmallSeven01 Zaiden Dove is handsome! :smiley: